PDA

View Full Version : This is why PFF gets clowned on!

Mojouw
02-28-2018, 11:24 AM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-free-agency-preview-pittsburgh-steelers

A pretty interesting article and some really positive stats and evaluations of Bradham and Boston as free agent fits for the Steelers.

But then they suggest Ron Parker - dude who got cut by KC for being terrible. Okay, fine -- you gotta come up with at least one low cost option.

But then they put this gem out there:

"becomes an option as would a veteran like Alfred Morris (73.4) or LeGarrette Blount (68.0) who could fit in nicely as a third-down, change-of-pace back in the latter stages of their careers for the Steelers."

Anyone who wrote that clearly doesn't know or care about the history between Blount and the Steelers. Mike Tomlin wouldn't sign that dude back with a gun at his head.

DesertSteel
03-02-2018, 10:17 AM
Late in the season they had Bell as the 17th best RB...... LOL. I don't think Bell is the best but he aint 17th!!!

- - - Updated - - -

And per the OP, I'd take Blount back. The dude performs for peanuts. I know he walked off, but I'd love to have him.

zulater
03-04-2018, 02:44 PM
The Steelers would never take Blount back. But at the same token when they had him they underutilized him. Be it Haley or Tomlin's philosophy of "running the wheels" of his primary rb going back to FWP days, they really didn't get what was obviously there to be had from Blount. Seems to me great offensive coordinators know how to get more than one rb involved in a game plan. If they in fact sign Bell to a long term deal as they have hinted they will try to do it would be great if they could figure out a way to get some carries for a 2nd back and maybe prolong Bell's effective career.

FrancoLambert
03-04-2018, 03:16 PM
I'd take Blunt back in a second as backup RB. Super Bowl appearances follow him....he's a lucky guy.....but it would never happen....that bridge is gone.

hawaiiansteeler
03-07-2018, 10:42 PM
Pro Football Focus mock draft: Steelers will take QB Josh Allen with first pick

by ADAM BITTNER
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/03/07/steelers-mock-draft-nfl-josh-allen-pro-football-focus/stories/201803080078