PDA

View Full Version : Le'Veon Bell removes Steelers from Twitter handle

Shoes
02-27-2018, 07:24 PM
:stirthepot:

Le'Veon Bell (https://247sports.com/Player/LeVeon-Bell-8205) has made another interesting social media decision.
Bell, who removed the Steelers from his Instagram name (https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Bolt/LeVeon-Bell-takes-Pittsburgh-Steelers-out-of-his-Instagram-name-114691090) earlier this offseason, made several edits to his Twitter account on Tuesday. Bell's profile picture no longer includes him wearing a Steelers' shirt. He also removed his previous job title as the running back of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Bolt/LeVeon-Bell-removes-Pittsburgh-Steelers-from-Twitter-handle-115632804

Born2Steel
02-27-2018, 07:41 PM
Bell may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but his play on the field will most likely earn him a franchise tag for one more season. Then we probably won't have to pay attention to his social media accounts anymore.

hawaiiansteeler
02-27-2018, 07:41 PM
Bell is going to get tagged and he doesn't like it...

GBMelBlount
02-27-2018, 07:43 PM
Tag em and Bag em.

Shoes
02-27-2018, 08:15 PM
Tag em and Bag em.

I don't think it would be beyond him to play half-hearted and fake an injury and still collect his money.

AtlantaDan
02-27-2018, 08:32 PM
Bell definitely in passive aggressive trolling mood this evening

Time to say bye-bye to this

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
02-27-2018, 08:37 PM
I don't think it would be beyond him to play half-hearted and fake an injury and still collect his money. He may want to pull a d!ck move like that and then he will realize. He will be screwing himself out of the big contract he wants the next year from another team.

Shoes
02-27-2018, 08:41 PM
He may want to pull a d!ck move like that and then he will realize. He will be screwing himself out of the big contract he wants the next year from another team.

I don't buy it, someone will pay him and he knows it.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
02-27-2018, 08:52 PM
[/B]

I don't buy it, someone will pay him and he knows it. If he pulls that bs this year like you say. Missing a significant amount of time being injured with already a injury history. Or like you say plays half-hearted, teams will think he lost a step. Point is he won't come close to getting his big contract he wants from another team.

Born2Steel
02-27-2018, 09:20 PM
No other team will pay him what he's worth to the Steelers. If so, RBs would already be making WR money.

Lady Steel
02-27-2018, 11:19 PM
His job title should say, "Le'Veon Bell - Social Media Jackass."

BlackAndGold
02-28-2018, 07:13 AM
Can someone tell me what is the big deal?

He changed his social media handle/name to his his exact name. Nothing to see here.

Bell is a NFL Superstar and someone who is trying to build a "hip hop" career on the side, so of course he is going to change his twitter handle plus Instagram to his name, it's smart.

SteelersRB26(believe that was his handle before) isn't marketable when promoting his own music, or whatever he's trying to do.

SteelerFanInStl
02-28-2018, 07:42 AM
Can someone tell me what is the big deal?

He changed his social media handle/name to his his exact name. Nothing to see here.

Bell is a NFL Superstar and someone who is trying to build a "hip hop" career on the side, so of course he is going to change his twitter handle plus Instagram to his name, it's smart.

SteelersRB26(believe that was his handle before) isn't marketable when promoting his own music, or whatever he's trying to do.

Agreed. It's hilarious to me how much people bitch and moan about every little thing that Bell does. That's his PERSONAL Twitter account. It has nothing to do with the Steelers. He has a life outside of the NFL. He has a name that's recognizable without having to tell people that he plays for the Steelers.

Mojouw
02-28-2018, 10:05 AM
Y’all pay more attention to social media than a bunch of teenage girls!

It’s just a business. It’s not personal. Dude is building his brand or whatnot.

It’s all nonsense until someone does or does not sign a contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mojouw
02-28-2018, 10:11 AM
But seriously guys....do you think Levon still likes us? Or is he eyeing up that hussy from his 5th period English class?

AtlantaDan
02-28-2018, 10:39 AM
But seriously guys....do you think Levon still likes us? Or is he eyeing up that hussy from his 5th period English class?

He confirmed he still likes us last night while trolling out some tweets that would indicate he is pouting about his relationship with the organization. I am so relieved:rolleyes:

Question for me is if the Steelers have enough discretionary cash to seek to pursue a RB in free agency while having tagged Bell (which they can always remove until he signs it)

Mojouw
02-28-2018, 11:03 AM
He confirmed he still likes us last night while trolling out some tweets that would indicate he is pouting about his relationship with the organization. I am so relieved:rolleyes:

Question for me is if the Steelers have enough discretionary cash to seek to pursue a RB in free agency while having tagged Bell (which they can always remove until he signs it)

Unless someone gets released that isn't out there now, I wouldn't waste money on any of the FA backs. Chris Ivory? Crowell? Fat Eddie Lacy?

Rather hope Conner gets healthy and bet on a draft pick or some UDFA.

Also, this polyamorous relationship between Bell-the Fans-the Organization is far more complicated than I realized! Maybe I should go back to a more traditional arrangement...

DesertSteel
02-28-2018, 11:11 AM
Just more of his childish negotiation tactics.

steelreserve
02-28-2018, 11:11 AM
lol, building his brand and his rap career. I mean, I don't really care what he does but it strikes me as pretty funny/absurd. Dude is known for one thing, that's your bread and butter right there, you'd better figure that out.

How many pro athletes have had successful rap careers in addition to their "day job?" Is it more than zero?

http://www.kampkrusty.altervista.org/img/Seasons/S06E01_06.png

Moose
02-28-2018, 11:19 AM
He'll probably have some sort of drug issue during the off season anyway. LOL

Mojouw
02-28-2018, 11:21 AM
Did you all know this happened -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Country

OR what about these? -- http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1249399-the-5-worst-music-albums-by-current-former-nfl-players

Or this list -- https://www.axs.com/10-nfl-players-who-went-on-to-make-music-38086

I could go on, but the ONLY difference is that with social media and the ridiculous thirst for anything related to the NFL, we actually hear about this crap now.

I wish Bell the best of luck with his music career and as long as he raps, records, and tours around his NFL training commitments, what's the big deal? Who knows, maybe he can become the only guy to play in the SB and perform at halftime!

Lady Steel
02-28-2018, 11:52 AM
It must be somewhat of a hot topic and big deal, Mojouw. You've made four posts about it already. :chuckle:

Craic
02-28-2018, 12:01 PM
Agreed. It's hilarious to me how much people bitch and moan about every little thing that Bell does. That's his PERSONAL Twitter account. It has nothing to do with the Steelers. He has a life outside of the NFL. He has a name that's recognizable without having to tell people that he plays for the Steelers.

Exactly.

For everyone who complains about Bell being immature, he's doing something pretty mature right now—thinking about his future and building a platform to continue an income stream long after he retires. Gotta hand it to him, that's smart business.

tube517
02-28-2018, 12:03 PM
Where is the Sky is Falling Cat?

Mojouw
02-28-2018, 12:15 PM
It must be somewhat of a hot topic and big deal, Mojouw. You've made four posts about it already. :chuckle:

True - but I'm off work with the flu today, so all I got is the internet and a bunch of boredom!

Born2Steel
02-28-2018, 12:17 PM
Take a box of Girl Scout mint cookies and a six pack of Stroh's. You'll feel better in no time.

Mojouw
02-28-2018, 12:19 PM
Take a box of Girl Scout mint cookies and a six pack of Stroh's. You'll feel better in no time.

Been slipping some "cough medicine" into tea since last night. Works every time!

Craic
02-28-2018, 12:31 PM
True - but I'm off work with the flu today, so all I got is the internet and a bunch of boredom!

I feel you. I don't have the flu, but a nasty cold—worst cold I've had in several years.

steelreserve
02-28-2018, 01:00 PM
Exactly.

For everyone who complains about Bell being immature, he's doing something pretty mature right now—thinking about his future and building a platform to continue an income stream long after he retires. Gotta hand it to him, that's smart business.

So, what I'm getting from this thread (not this post specifically) is that it's so insignificant that any fan who thinks anything of it is a nutcase making a big deal out of nothing ... but it's also such a profound act that it qualifies as a savvy accomplishment for which he deserves credit. I'm more inclined to say it's the first one, but what do I know.

Speaking of mature moves that show a person is thinking about his future and building a platform to continue an income stream after he retires - how does changing your Twitter profile rank up there compared to, I don't know ... finishing your college degree? Because I'm pretty sure I haven't heard anything about THAT. It's not as if he hasn't had a lot of extra free time over the past three consecutive offseasons. But yeah, I gotta hand it to him. Smart cookie.

Mojouw
02-28-2018, 01:27 PM
I feel you. I don't have the flu, but a nasty cold—worst cold I've had in several years.

Feel better soon!

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly.

I gotta agree with that. If this was the more "traditional" path of a string of car dealerships, a bar/restaurant, or a real estate investment then would people feel better?

But it is (admittedly pretty bad) hip-hop and social media branding as an income stream rather than "honest work" so it makes people grumpy?

Shoes
02-28-2018, 01:27 PM
...and most of us blamed Blount for the weed episode on the way to the team aircraft a few years back.

Craic
02-28-2018, 03:19 PM
So, what I'm getting from this thread (not this post specifically) is that it's so insignificant that any fan who thinks anything of it is a nutcase making a big deal out of nothing ... but it's also such a profound act that it qualifies as a savvy accomplishment for which he deserves credit. I'm more inclined to say it's the first one, but what do I know.

Speaking of mature moves that show a person is thinking about his future and building a platform to continue an income stream after he retires - how does changing your Twitter profile rank up there compared to, I don't know ... finishing your college degree? Because I'm pretty sure I haven't heard anything about THAT. It's not as if he hasn't had a lot of extra free time over the past three consecutive offseasons. But yeah, I gotta hand it to him. Smart cookie.

In general, no. This is a insignificant move, period. I just applaud him for thinking beyond football, especially when he's had at least one top rap artist (and I used that last word lightly) praising his work. And yes, he's still immature, using rap as a forum to discuss football and contracts and dissing on other players. Still, if he can make a name for himself that carries on after football, then good for him.

steelreserve
02-28-2018, 03:53 PM
In general, no. This is a insignificant move, period. I just applaud him for thinking beyond football, especially when he's had at least one top rap artist (and I used that last word lightly) praising his work. And yes, he's still immature, using rap as a forum to discuss football and contracts and dissing on other players. Still, if he can make a name for himself that carries on after football, then good for him.

Well, in the words of some asshole ... "Don't quit your day job."

Shoes
02-28-2018, 05:22 PM
Well, in the words of some asshole ... "Don't quit your day job."

:lol:

86WARD
02-28-2018, 05:41 PM
I don't think it would be beyond him to play half-hearted and fake an injury and still collect his money.

A “season ending injury” would definitely jeopardize his following deal though...

But really...who cares what he puts on his Twitter account?

Not too mention he took the “job description” out to promote his stupid album and posted a picture of himself in a Steelers uniform hours ago...lol.

DesertSteel
03-01-2018, 01:53 PM
If he retires, he may be able to get his DQ job back.

GBMelBlount
03-01-2018, 04:58 PM

Wasn't Kurt Warner packing groceries when his number was called?

Guess it works both ways.

86WARD
03-01-2018, 06:34 PM
Bell posted two pictures of himself in Steelers uniforms...he must really want to cut ties now...

tube517
03-01-2018, 07:11 PM

That doesn't compare to Juju's gig at Primanti's.

steelerdude15
03-01-2018, 07:39 PM
I just checked his twitter account. His bio still states he's a running back for the Steelers.

DesertSteel
03-02-2018, 09:31 AM
That doesn't compare to Juju's gig at Primanti's.
Or Davis' job of mocking teen workers at the CF drive thru!

tube517
03-02-2018, 12:10 PM
Or Davis' job of mocking teen workers at the CF drive thru!

Touche!

teegre
03-02-2018, 09:11 PM
Rumor (from the combine) is that the Steelers and Bell are close to getting a deal done.

Bluecoat96
03-03-2018, 06:59 AM
Rumor (from the combine) is that the Steelers and Bell are close to getting a deal done.Good.....because his rapping is AWFUL.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

DesertSteel
03-03-2018, 07:39 AM
Rumor (from the combine) is that the Steelers and Bell are close to getting a deal done.
I just hope it's front loaded and has an easy out after a couple years.

teegre
03-03-2018, 08:13 AM
I just hope it's front loaded and has an easy out after a couple years.

I have a feeling that it’ll actually be back-loaded.

In 2021, once Ben is retired, a lot of Bell’s money will come due. The good news is: we will have a rookie on a cheap contract, which will give us $25 million to spend on Bell.

As in: we’ll be paying for 2018 (& 2019) in 2021.