PDA

View Full Version : Steelers safety Sean Davis sued for snapchat video allegedly disparaging Chick-fil-A employee

tube517
02-27-2018, 12:33 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/26/steelers-safety-sean-davis-sued-for-snapchat-video-allegedly-disparaging-chick-fil-a-employee/?cid=eref:nbcnews:text

Andrew Leger, an attorney representing the family, said that they tried to have the matter settled with the courts involvement and asked Davis to do a public service announcement condemning cyberbullying. Leger claims that offer was rejected. Davis’ agent, Eugene Lee, called it a frivolous lawsuit and said Davis offered to host the boy and two friends at training camp and also invited him to a football camp in Washington D.C. where he would address the cyberbullying issue. That was rejected by the family.

Instead, a lawsuit has been filed instead to determine any fault and potential liabilities in he matter.

AtlantaDan
02-27-2018, 12:51 PM
Leaving the merits of the lawsuit aside, this is another example of someone who is very good at a specialty (playing football) incorrectly believing he also is very good at developing a compelling social media presence

Better to be suspected of being an arrogant dumb jock than sending posts that remove all doubt by making fun of a kid working in the drive through and then trying to cover your ass by claiming you were making an insightful observation on child labor laws

teegre
02-27-2018, 02:10 PM
I've said worse... today.

AtlantaDan
02-27-2018, 02:35 PM
I've said worse... today.

I have said worse as well - but I did not broadcast it on social media and it did not involve insulting a teenager working the drive through who was in no position to return fire

Folks who work in the food service industry have to swallow a river of shit from idiots who think they are entitled to insult them as part of the cost of a $5 sandwich

smokin3000gt
02-27-2018, 03:22 PM
This country is going to hell in a hand basket. Last I checked it's not illegal to speak your mind or criticize. People are perfectly within their rights to be offended or unhappy about something but that doesn't entitle them to anything.

BlackAndGold
02-27-2018, 03:36 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/xT1XGESDlxj0GwoDRe/giphy-downsized-large.gif

SteelerFanInStl
02-27-2018, 04:44 PM
This country is going to hell in a hand basket. Last I checked it's not illegal to speak your mind or criticize. People are perfectly within their rights to be offended or unhappy about something but that doesn't entitle them to anything.

No doubt.

steelreserve
02-27-2018, 06:39 PM
Sticks and stones, my friend, sticks and stones.

If anything, Davis made himself look like an idiot, but that's not grounds to be sued.

fansince'76
02-27-2018, 07:47 PM
Folks who work in the food service industry have to swallow a river of shit from idiots who think they are entitled to insult them as part of the cost of a $5 sandwich

https://ifeltlikeagringo.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/chikin_is_brain_food_cow_chick-fil_a.png

:chuckle:

hawaiiansteeler
02-27-2018, 07:56 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/1jgat8.jpg

teegre
02-27-2018, 09:21 PM
I have said worse as well - but I did not broadcast it on social media and it did not involve insulting a teenager working the drive through who was in no position to return fire.

That’s the thing, though... was Davis attacking the kid?

Davis said the kid looked young, which is something I have also said to many a millennial... “Holy crap!!!... are you even old enough to drive yet???”

It’s not like Davis was lambasting the kid’s looks (ugly, fat, et cetera) and/or using a derisive slur (fatso). All that Davis said that the kid looked young...

AtlantaDan
02-27-2018, 09:32 PM
That’s the thing, though... was Davis attacking the kid?

Davis said the kid looked young, which is something I have also said to many a millennial... “Holy crap!!!... are you even old enough to drive yet???”

It’s not like Davis was lambasting the kid’s looks (ugly, fat, et cetera) and/or using a derisive slur (fatso). All that Davis said that the kid looked young...

"Chick-fil-A got little kids. This kid like 8-years-old. No wonder the lines be so long at Chick-fil-A."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sean-davis-allegedly-mocked-teenager-on-snapchat-lawsuit-pittsburgh-steelers/

Filing a lawsuit about it is bullshit but saying a teenage boy looks like an 8 year old counts as an insult to the employee's looks to me

Saying you look 8 to 10 years younger than you are is great when you are my age but not when you are in high school

Rotten luck for Sean Davis that he is on a team associated with social media stupidity - Tomlin should have JuJu present a seminar during OTCs to show everyone how you do it right

Born2Steel
02-27-2018, 09:35 PM
I had no idea Davis had 8 passes defensed this season.

teegre
02-27-2018, 09:42 PM
"Chick-fil-A got little kids. This kid like 8-years-old. No wonder the lines be so long at Chick-fil-A."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sean-davis-allegedly-mocked-teenager-on-snapchat-lawsuit-pittsburgh-steelers/

Filing a lawsuit about it is bullshit but saying a teenage boy looks like an 8 year old counts as an insult to the employee's looks to me

Saying you look 8 to 10 years younger than you are is great when you are my age but not when you are in high school

Rotten luck for Sean Davis that he is on a team associated with social media stupidity - Tomlin should have JuJu present a seminar during OTCs to show everyone how you do it right

Let’s assume that hyperbolizing about the kid’s age was an insult...

Was the kid shown in the video? I’m really asking, because that I would agree is a step to far (to put the kid’s face out there).

But, if not... my follow-up question is: how’d everyone find out who the kid was? Did the kid tell everyone (“Look at me”)... and then it blew up in his face?

Social media... where do I even begin with that???

AtlantaDan
02-27-2018, 10:06 PM
Let’s assume that hyperbolizing about the kid’s age was an insult...

Was the kid shown in the video? I’m really asking, because that I would agree is a step to far (to put the kid’s face out there).

But, if not... my follow-up question is: how’d everyone find out who the kid was? Did the kid tell everyone (“Look at me”)... and then it blew up in his face?

Social media... where do I even begin with that???

A civil complaint often is an exercise in creative writing by the plaintiff's attorney, but Davis allegedly recorded the 16 year old in a manner that identified him and then the guy did not even know he was starring in a Sean Davis production until he was hassled about it at school

The lawsuit states that Davis, of Pine Township, posted to his Snapchat account a video he took of the boy at the drive-thru window.

http://triblive.com/local/allegheny/13357957-74/pine-family-claims-in-lawsuit-steeler-sean-davis-cyberbullied-teen-in-snapchat

At first, the boy didn't even know the video had been recorded. But then, the teasing began at school.

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/north/2018/02/26/Lawsuit-Pittsburgh-Steeler-Sean-Davis-Chick-fil-A-Snapchat-Cranberry-Allegheny-County-Butler-County/stories/201802260153

Being in professional sports sure is a glamorous lifestyle - Todd Haley spends New Year's Eve getting wasted and then stomped at the closest bar to Heinz Field while Sean Davis shares on Snapchat the excitement of going to the drive through at Chik-Fil-A and bitching about the wait

As another famed user of social media might tweet - Sad!

teegre
02-27-2018, 10:18 PM
A civil complaint often is an exercise in creative writing by the plaintiff's attorney, but Davis allegedly recorded the 16 year old in a manner that identified him and then the guy did not even know he was starring in a Sean Davis production until he was hassled about it at school

The lawsuit states that Davis, of Pine Township, posted to his Snapchat account a video he took of the boy at the drive-thru window.

http://triblive.com/local/allegheny/13357957-74/pine-family-claims-in-lawsuit-steeler-sean-davis-cyberbullied-teen-in-snapchat

At first, the boy didn't even know the video had been recorded. But then, the teasing began at school.

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/north/2018/02/26/Lawsuit-Pittsburgh-Steeler-Sean-Davis-Chick-fil-A-Snapchat-Cranberry-Allegheny-County-Butler-County/stories/201802260153

Being in professional sports sure is a glamorous lifestyle - Todd Haley spends New Year's Eve getting wasted and then stomped at the closest bar to Heinz Field while Sean Davis shares on Snapchat the excitement of going to the drive through at Chik-Fil-A and bitching about the wait

As another famed user of social media might tweet - Sad!

I agree: taping a kid (under 18) is a bad idea.

But, what Davis said (IMO) was merely an attempt at a joke. Maybe a bad joke, but Davis wasn’t trying to disparage the kid (IMO).

Lady Steel
02-27-2018, 11:15 PM
I don't think I will ever understand people who are addicted to social media. They need to go for a walk, become a volunteer, get a hobby, etc. Geesh. Pathetic. I'm not saying Davis is addicted to social media. I don't know if he is or not. But still... Find something else to do.

teegre
02-28-2018, 05:28 AM
I don't think I will ever understand people who are addicted to social media.

You used the correct word: addiction. There was a study/report about how South Korean teens were being treated for their addiction to their smart phones... an addiction equivalent to heroin. :scared:

stillers4me
02-28-2018, 05:38 AM
I agree: taping a kid (under 18) is a bad idea.

But, what Davis said (IMO) was merely an attempt at a joke. Maybe a bad joke, but Davis wasn’t trying to disparage the kid (IMO).

This. and no where have I read a thing about the kids who were actually doing the bullying. How about we start there?

EzraTank
02-28-2018, 10:06 AM
Ah, cyber-bullying the new cry for help from the crazy far leftist.

Assbook, Instagram, Snapchat & Twitter are the bane of America.

Moose
02-28-2018, 12:00 PM
Okay, I agree that it wasn't a good idea to be 'filming' a person without their knowledge ( regardless of age), but I didn't see anything personally 'offensive' in anything Davis said. Another case of typical Political Correct bullshit. Another case of 'you are wrong' and 'I am right' crap. Davis has a right to make a comment. Hell, I'm sure we have all made some type of comment in ANY STORE or RESTAURANT we've been to as we wait for the bill after we've eaten, or where we are waiting in a line to check out....you know where they have 20 cash register's and only 3 people working the register's, or one of my favorites, when the register isn't working properly and the cashier has NO idea how to make change....simple addition/subtraction. Boy, I usually have plenty to say in line or as I'm walking away. Yep, I think the PRIORITY ISSUE in this case is the school that allowed the BULLYING !!! Isn't bullying a big, bad issue now adays ?

Mojouw
02-28-2018, 12:18 PM
Left, right, center - doesn't really matter. This is a blatant cash grab.

If this was from Dean Savis the recent college graduate who worked in the area - it never gets to be a story. But despite Davis' apologies, offers to do some stuff for the kid, etc. it goes to a lawsuit? Why? Bullying? Nope! Someone figured Davis will write a check to make it all go away.

Lawyers, man. Friggin' lawyers!

Born2Steel
02-28-2018, 12:21 PM
Left, right, center - doesn't really matter. This is a blatant cash grab.

If this was from Dean Savis the recent college graduate who worked in the area - it never gets to be a story. But despite Davis' apologies, offers to do some stuff for the kid, etc. it goes to a lawsuit? Why? Bullying? Nope! Someone figured Davis will write a check to make it all go away.

Lawyers, man. Friggin' lawyers!

Correct! And those same lawyers know that Davis has the money to outlast the kid and family through a long, drawn out, expensive process. Lawyers get paid, kid and family end up with nothing, and Davis still gets screwed out of his money.

Moose
02-28-2018, 12:40 PM
Awwww, give daddy and family a few game tickets and send them on their way. Maybe daddy ought to teach his son how to stand up for himself against the bullies at school. If he's that young looking of a man ( not a bad thing) what's he going to do when he get's carded everywhere he goes ? LOL...future discriminating law suits at night clubs and restaurants. Better be getting that birth certificate laminated mommy and daddy....hahahaha.

pczach
02-28-2018, 04:56 PM
Awwww, give daddy and family a few game tickets and send them on their way. Maybe daddy ought to teach his son how to stand up for himself against the bullies at school. If he's that young looking of a man ( not a bad thing) what's he going to do when he get's carded everywhere he goes ? LOL...future discriminating law suits at night clubs and restaurants. Better be getting that birth certificate laminated mommy and daddy....hahahaha.

I'm all for teaching your kid to stand up for himself at school, but sometimes they aren't able to overcome a real tough bastard of a kid or they just aren't built for it.

Both my sons have had problems with bullies at school. My oldest son was bullied and afraid of getting in trouble at school. He was intimidated, but when he finally talked to me about it I was able to help him from a psychological standpoint, and from a technique standpoint. I told him that I didn't want him to fight, but if this kid was physically and mentally abusing him, that I would always have his back and support him in any way possible if he stood up to him. The biggest bully gave him some shit. He stood up to him and dropped him in front of a lot of people at an event outside of school. He never had a problem with anybody else again at school, and he gained a lot of confidence in his own abilities. He had it in him to do it.

My youngest son had some kids at school that would bully him. I did the same thing with him that I did with my older son, but he just isn't willing to fight......and that's ok. He just wasn't ready for that, or he just doesn't have it in him to do so. Not everyone is able to muster the courage to take on a kid twice their size. Also, it's not always about fear of the bully.

My point is......It may not be Daddy's fault. Bullying comes in all forms, and from a lot of different backgrounds. Some bullies come from troubled homes. Some bullies are just bad kids that have a great support system at home but choose to be assholes on their own.

I had it in me at an early age. I just never took shit from anyone. I'm not a big guy, but I was always able to handle myself. Not everyone is built like that....and that's ok.

tube517
03-01-2018, 09:16 AM

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think I will ever understand people who are addicted to social media. They need to go for a walk, become a volunteer, get a hobby, etc. Geesh. Pathetic. I'm not saying Davis is addicted to social media. I don't know if he is or not. But still... Find something else to do.

What were you saying? I have been on Twitter. :chuckle:

teegre
03-03-2018, 09:37 AM
Rich Eisen said that Saquon Barkley had a “baby face”. Mike Mayock laughed.

Saquon Barkley is suing both of them.