PDA

View Full Version : Fowler: 2018 Likely Martavis Bryant’s Last Year In Pittsburgh

Shoes
02-24-2018, 04:08 PM
BY ALEX KOZORA (http://www.steelersdepot.com/author/alex-kozora/) FEBRUARY 24, 2018 AT 02:41 PM
Probably not a shock to any Pittsburgh Steelers’ fan reading this but important to note nonetheless. Expect 2018 to be Martavis Bryant’s final year in the Burgh. That comes from Jeremy Fowler (http://kwese.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/27290/steelers-martavis-bryant-seem-destined-for-divorce-now-or-in-2019), who didn’t offer an official “report” but a well-informed opinion about the relationship between the two.
“Pittsburgh hasn’t made any overtures on a modest bridge contract, in part because they aren’t sure what they’ll get from him and also because Bryant doesn’t have plans to sign,” he writes. “He’s made clear he wants to be a No. 1 receiver, and that has to happen elsewhere.”

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/02/fowler-2018-likely-martavis-bryants-last-year-pittsburgh/

Slimdugger99
02-24-2018, 04:52 PM
BY ALEX KOZORA (http://www.steelersdepot.com/author/alex-kozora/) FEBRUARY 24, 2018 AT 02:41 PM
Probably not a shock to any Pittsburgh Steelers’ fan reading this but important to note nonetheless. Expect 2018 to be Martavis Bryant’s final year in the Burgh. That comes from Jeremy Fowler (http://kwese.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/27290/steelers-martavis-bryant-seem-destined-for-divorce-now-or-in-2019), who didn’t offer an official “report” but a well-informed opinion about the relationship between the two.
“Pittsburgh hasn’t made any overtures on a modest bridge contract, in part because they aren’t sure what they’ll get from him and also because Bryant doesn’t have plans to sign,” he writes. “He’s made clear he wants to be a No. 1 receiver, and that has to happen elsewhere.”

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/02/fowler-2018-likely-martavis-bryants-last-year-pittsburgh/

Another opinion from a sports hack needing a topic to milk. Bryant’s future here, according to the local sporting press, seems to change from week to week. Drugs, i.e. weed, or attitude are the main reasons given for their negative assessment of his value and future here. In reality, the weed problem has been addressed and the attitude problem merely a sign that he wants to be the best receiver in football, hardly a negative in a highly competitive sport and position. His value to the team in 2019 depends solely on his performance, on and off the field, in 2018. No story there, only worthless conjecture to feed the fan base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craic
02-24-2018, 06:13 PM
Another opinion from a sports hack needing a topic to milk. Bryant’s future here, according to the local sporting press, seems to change from week to week. Drugs, i.e. weed, or attitude are the main reasons given for their negative assessment of his value and future here. In reality, the weed problem has been addressed and the attitude problem merely a sign that he wants to be the best receiver in football, hardly a negative in a highly competitive sport and position. His value to the team in 2019 depends solely on his performance, on and off the field, in 2018. No story there, only worthless conjecture to feed the fan base.

Just some friendly information . . . Alex Kozora is not really just any "sports hack." He's a long time member of this group of posters who came over from another board. The lot of us has been around for well-on a decade now, or more. Doesn't mean your opinion is any less valid, just that Alex's writing is more trustworthy around here than others because we know the person who writes it and he is usually the opposite of a "hack." Unless, of course, you're referring to Jeremy Fowler, in which case, ignore everything I just said. After all, my wife does. :chuckle:

FrancoLambert
02-24-2018, 07:02 PM
So, the weed problem has been addressed and is certain to never resurface. :whistle:

His attitude that undermines teammates and the team is just a sign of his drive to be the best. :whistle:

I'm with Kozora and Fowler on this one. There's very little mutual attraction between Bryant and the Steelers.

I hope he has a good year and ups his trade value.

Shoes
02-24-2018, 07:14 PM

I'd say there are far more "Football Geniuses" on Steeler Forum's nationwide than sport hacks. Alex is no hack, but you do strike me as another self proclaimed Steeler genius after one post.

Slimdugger99
02-24-2018, 07:25 PM
I'd say there are far more "Football Geniuses" on Steeler Forum's nationwide than sport hacks. Alex is no hack, but you do strike me as another self proclaimed Steeler genius after one post.

Another idiot presuming about someone he knows nothing about. The same presuming that many sportswriters do, only they get paid for their stupid assumptions. Nowhere in my post are there any predictions or assertions not already obvious using common sense. His performance on and off the field will determine his value to the team. People who know nothing about football know this. Sounds to me like you have some kind of relationship with Alex that you think needs defending. How’s that for a common sense assumption.

teegre
02-24-2018, 07:35 PM
Another idiot presuming about someone he knows nothing about. The same presuming that many sportswriters do, only they get paid for their stupid assumptions. Nowhere in my post are there any predictions or assertions not already obvious using common sense. His performance on and off the field will determine his value to the team. People who know nothing about football know this. Sounds to me like you have some kind of relationship with Alex that you think needs defending. How’s that for a common sense assumption.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlwRUzawAXg&app=desktop

Slimdugger99
02-24-2018, 07:48 PM
So, the weed problem has been addressed and is certain to never resurface. :whistle:

His attitude that undermines teammates and the team is just a sign of his drive to be the best. :whistle:

I'm with Kozora and Fowler on this one. There's very little mutual attraction between Bryant and the Steelers.

I hope he has a good year and ups his trade value.

And you, FrancoLambert, never smoked weed or made any number of other adolescent mistakes. You hate on Bryant because you’re the one perfect person on earth and someone, somewhere, made you his judge, right? His attitude? All the negative press about this use of a drug legal in many states, and whose calculated demonization has already ruined many black lives:he should have an attitude. And you better believe that if the Rooney’s think he adds to their chances for a championship, that an attraction for his talents won’t magically develop. I laugh at the difference between the press that rapist Ben received and the rehabilitation of his image, with the constant rehashing of Bryant’s, Bell’s, and Browns missteps in the white local press.

Slimdugger99
02-24-2018, 07:53 PM
Just some friendly information . . . Alex Kozora is not really just any "sports hack." He's a long time member of this group of posters who came over from another board. The lot of us has been around for well-on a decade now, or more. Doesn't mean your opinion is any less valid, just that Alex's writing is more trustworthy around here than others because we know the person who writes it and he is usually the opposite of a "hack." Unless, of course, you're referring to Jeremy Fowler, in which case, ignore everything I just said. After all, my wife does. :chuckle:

Yes, I was referring to Fowler, the originator of the story and the one who makes money from the churn he creates.

GBMelBlount
02-24-2018, 08:12 PM
LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlwRUzawAXg&app=desktop

Shoes
02-24-2018, 08:36 PM

I don't know too much about football, but I've lived long enough to know that anyone who walks into someones living room with muddy boots on is an asshole. How's that for common sense reality.

teegre
02-24-2018, 08:43 PM
I don't know too much about football, but I've lived long enough to know that anyone who walks into someones living room with muddy boots on is an asshole. How's that for common sense reality.

:director: PWNED!!!

Slimdugger99
02-24-2018, 08:44 PM

Just another asses assumption, I think they go together.

fansince'76
02-24-2018, 08:54 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVrEwCa8nSA

Shoes
02-24-2018, 08:55 PM

An attention magnet, you'll get no more metal filings from me.

Hawkman
02-24-2018, 09:25 PM
Wow! He didn’t last long. Wasn’t Crash was it.

Lady Steel
02-24-2018, 09:50 PM
Welp, that was fun. :lol:

Shoes is my hero!

Vote Shoes in 2020!

tube517
02-24-2018, 10:04 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/1aypjs.jpg

Shoes! :clap2::drink:

Craic
02-24-2018, 10:20 PM
bye!
https://media.giphy.com/media/9P5dFHD1hkWtx1dLQG/giphy.gif

FrancoLambert
02-25-2018, 08:34 AM
And you, FrancoLambert, never smoked weed or made any number of other adolescent mistakes. You hate on Bryant because you’re the one perfect person on earth and someone, somewhere, made you his judge, right? His attitude? All the negative press about this use of a drug legal in many states, and whose calculated demonization has already ruined many black lives:he should have an attitude. And you better believe that if the Rooney’s think he adds to their chances for a championship, that an attraction for his talents won’t magically develop. I laugh at the difference between the press that rapist Ben received and the rehabilitation of his image, with the constant rehashing of Bryant’s, Bell’s, and Browns missteps in the white local press.

Aha....it's about race.....not football or attitude. Got it!

pczach
02-25-2018, 10:36 AM
How did Bryant's girlfriend get past Steelers Universe security?