PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Bryant to Dolphins for (Devante) Parker

teegre
02-20-2018, 09:28 PM
Rumor

The Dolphins have contacted the Steelers about acquiring Martavis Bryant.

Rumor

Dolphins get: Martavis Bryant, WR
Steelers get: Devante Parker, WR

Rumor

Parker (IMO) is nowhere near as good a Bryant, but he’s safer (one more drug pop and Bryant is out for an entire season).

Rumor

Tomlin was very interested in Parker coming out of Louisville. So much so, that they discovered Eli Rogers while scouting Parker.

Rumor

Shoes
02-20-2018, 09:33 PM
Rumor

The Dolphins have contacted the Steelers about acquiring Martavis Bryant.

Rumor

Dolphins get: Martavis Bryant, WR
Steelers get: Devante Parker, WR

Rumor

Parker (IMO) is nowhere near as good a Bryant, but he’s safer (one more drug pop and Bryant is out for an entire season).

Rumor

Tomlin was very interested in Parker coming out of Louisville. So much so, that they discovered Eli Rogers while scouting Parker.

Rumor

No, I wouldn't do that.

teegre
02-20-2018, 09:35 PM
No, I wouldn't do that.

I’d take Jarvis Landry... :wink02:

Born2Steel
02-20-2018, 09:37 PM
I don't know why we make that trade, player to player. Would have to be something off the field to do that.

steelreserve
02-20-2018, 09:43 PM
Their stats are almost identical, but Bryant does it in about a third fewer games. I wouldn't hang up on them, but they'd have to sweeten the deal.

Besides the obvious (will Bryant pick up the bong and call it a career), we also have to consider what we'll do in a year when it's contract time. If we think we can't afford Bryant, or aren't planning on re-signing him anyway/think it's too risky ... then it could make sense to take a decent offer if we get one. That's the main way I'd see this happening, actually.

Mojouw
02-20-2018, 09:44 PM
Unless they strongly suspect a drug suspension or total locker room melt down this is a garbage trade.

Bryant is a clown but he can play. Parker keeps getting trapped behind Kenny Stills and a traffic cone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Born2Steel
02-20-2018, 09:57 PM
My question is why Parker. What is it the Dolphins would really be trading. The player for player trade makes no sense.

86WARD
02-20-2018, 10:03 PM
Parker has a lot of potential. There was a whole lot of talk that he would take over the number one role in Miami last year, he was supposed to dominate, blah, blah, blah. I wouldn’t give up Bryant for Parker unless there were draft picks thrown in with him.

Craic
02-20-2018, 10:08 PM
Parker has a lot of potential. There was a whole lot of talk that he would take over the number one role in Miami last year, he was supposed to dominate, blah, blah, blah. I wouldn’t give up Bryant for Parker unless there were draft picks thrown in with him.

This. Trade Bryant for draft picks. If Parker or anyone else becomes a Deal Sweetener, then great.

st33lersguy
02-20-2018, 11:07 PM
Hopefully it's nothing more than a clickbait rumor. This would be f-ing stupid if this were to actually occue

Fire Goodell
02-21-2018, 01:29 AM
I might be a minority but I hope we don't get rid of Bryant. This guy plays big in big games, and that is important, even if he isnt blowing up the stats. He's been reliable enough in the clutch to where I want to see if there's a way to keep him past his rookie contract. I still feel this guy can be a big time baller

86WARD
02-21-2018, 05:42 AM
I might be a minority but I hope we don't get rid of Bryant. This guy plays big in big games, and that is important, even if he isnt blowing up the stats. He's been reliable enough in the clutch to where I want to see if there's a way to keep him past his rookie contract. I still feel this guy can be a big time baller

I’m with you. I wouldn’t trade him either. The only way I would is if they received a similar caliber receiver and draft picks in return...but preferably, I’d rather keep Bryant. Definitely wouldn’t trade him for Parker straight up and I wouldn’t trade him for just picks. Even if you used those picks to draft his replacement...the replacements aren’t going to replace Bryant’s talent and experience coming out of the block. Everything this team does at the moment should be “Win Now”.

pczach
02-21-2018, 05:58 AM
How about Parker and a 5th or 6th?

Parker has tons of talent. I'd love to see what this coaching staff could do with him. Then they use the pick or combine late picks to move up to draft another gem.

Maybe Parker just doesn't have the drive? It's hard to tell from a distance. He was as talented as anyone coming out of college.

If he doesn't play or practice hard, I want no part of him.

If the talent still looks like it's there and he has a good attitude and work habits....why not?

SteelerFanInStl
02-21-2018, 07:42 AM
I'm in the minority but I would do that trade. Parker has never had a future HoF QB throwing him the ball so it's difficult to compare his production straight up with Bryant. Parker is a better blocker, has never been suspended and doesn't say a bunch of stupid crap on social media. He's not the home run threat that Bryant is but he plays more physical. The only issue with Parker is injuries. That's a bit of a concern but he's a player that I think would improve a lot on the Steelers.

tube517
02-21-2018, 08:04 AM
Does Devante have an overbearing girlfriend and eat Doritos late night?

st33lersguy
02-21-2018, 08:28 AM
If they make this swap, the least they need to get in return is a 5th. Though given this teams recent track record of trading for veterans, it's better they don't do it at all

steelreserve
02-21-2018, 09:27 AM
How about Parker and a 5th or 6th?

That's not a lot different than Parker and nothing. It'd have to be higher if you ask me.

The more I think about this trade, the more it only makes sense if we're planning to let Bryant walk after one more season anyway. And even then we're probably getting a junk pick like a 5th or a 6th regardless.

tube517
02-21-2018, 09:42 AM
Bryant is still on his rookie contract. Yeah, his stats weren't great and he could smoke one last bong but his cap hit is $705,000.

Mojouw
02-21-2018, 10:15 AM
Devante Parker is a flat out bust as an NFL WR. Sure he is still young, but he has so far demonstrated that he plays with little to no passion, has a total inability to play through injuries (which he always has), is consistently "featured" in the gameplan by the Dolphins only to drop passes and disappear, and he puts up the majority of his stats in "garbage time". Many believe the 'Phins are in the process of NOT picking up his 5th year option.

Davante Parker is basically Justin Hunter. So ask yourself, would you trade Bryant for Hunter?

DesertSteel
02-21-2018, 01:01 PM
I’d take Jarvis Landry... :wink02:
With his 9 yards per completion.......

teegre
02-21-2018, 02:03 PM
With his 9 yards per completion.......

Absolutely.

Landry is the quintessential third-down/checkdown receiver. He is a security blanket for a QB (because, Landry always seems to come up with the crucial conversion on third downs).

Plus, no drug issues.
Plus, 4000 yards (2000 more than Bryant)
Plus, 63 yards/game (10 more/game than Bryant)
Plus, 22 TDs (5 more than Bryant)

But, the Dolphins franchise tagged Landry (so, there is 0.01% chance he’s coming here).

BlackAndGold
02-21-2018, 02:23 PM
7th round pick.

AB
JuJu
MB
Parker
Cheap slot WR free agent

st33lersguy
02-21-2018, 04:14 PM
Parker's on the last year of his contract too. Unless he all of a sudden plays really well and gives the FO a reason to give him an extension or at least franchise tag him (I give the odds of that actually happening next to nil with AB, Juju, and Bell eating up a lot of possible reception opportunities. So basically, with a trade straight up essentially you are trading 1 more year of Bryant (assuming they don't extend him, and I doubt they will TBH), for 1 year of Parker at less production and a higher salary. This would literally make no sense

AtlantaDan
02-21-2018, 04:33 PM
I assumed this rumor had to be true based upon it being reported by the famed and always credible NFL reporter Incarcerated Bob

Then again maybe not :coffee:

Martavis Bryant (https://247Sports.com/Player/Martavis-Bryant-1450) is not getting traded to the Dolphins in exchange for DeVante Parker (https://247Sports.com/Player/DeVante-Parker-2052).

That trade rumor was shot down by Steelers.com's Bob Labriola on Wednesday. Labriola added that Bryant, signed through the 2018 season, will not be traded this offseason.
"No," Labriola wrote (http://www.steelers.com/news/asked-and-answered-live/article-4/Asked-and-Answered-LIVE-Feb-21/e8e6e2cf-13fe-4254-aa5d-5dc8084b1dd9) when asked about the possibility of Bryant getting shipped to Miami in exchange for Parker. "Not even a little bit."

https://247sports.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/Bolt/Steelerscom-shoots-down-Martavis-Bryant-trade-rumor-115382940

ALLD
02-21-2018, 04:57 PM
Trade Bryant for draft picks. Landry got tagged and we can find other WRs.

pczach
02-21-2018, 05:22 PM
That's not a lot different than Parker and nothing. It'd have to be higher if you ask me.

The more I think about this trade, the more it only makes sense if we're planning to let Bryant walk after one more season anyway. And even then we're probably getting a junk pick like a 5th or a 6th regardless.

I don't understand why you keep saying that about later draft picks. If you take away all the Steelers players that were drafted in the 5th round or later, the teams would have a completely different look.

Even if you don't like a 5th or 6th round pick, you can still use the pick to move up for a player they are targeting that they wouldn't be able to get otherwise.

I don't think everyone is dancing around about Devante Parker. It's just that everyone, including the team, is trying to figure out how to get something for him before he walks at the end of his contract and they get nothing.

Psycho Ward 86
02-21-2018, 05:58 PM
Trading for Parker also makes little sense because Juju has been such a boon while playing in the slot. His presense in the middle of the field has really opened up this offense. Ill take Bryant with a real offseason under his belt. Watch him explode in a contract year. He can go wherever he wants after that

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-22-2018, 12:35 AM
I'm in the minority but I would do that trade. Parker has never had a future HoF QB throwing him the ball so it's difficult to compare his production straight up with Bryant. Parker is a better blocker, has never been suspended and doesn't say a bunch of stupid crap on social media. He's not the home run threat that Bryant is but he plays more physical. The only issue with Parker is injuries. That's a bit of a concern but he's a player that I think would improve a lot on the Steelers.

I'm with ya. I make that trade and throw in Mike Mitchell too.

BlackAndGold
02-22-2018, 01:35 AM
I assumed this rumor had to be true based upon it being reported by the famed and always credible NFL reporter Incarcerated Bob

Then again maybe not :coffee:

Martavis Bryant (https://247Sports.com/Player/Martavis-Bryant-1450) is not getting traded to the Dolphins in exchange for DeVante Parker (https://247Sports.com/Player/DeVante-Parker-2052).

That trade rumor was shot down by Steelers.com's Bob Labriola on Wednesday. Labriola added that Bryant, signed through the 2018 season, will not be traded this offseason.
"No," Labriola wrote (http://www.steelers.com/news/asked-and-answered-live/article-4/Asked-and-Answered-LIVE-Feb-21/e8e6e2cf-13fe-4254-aa5d-5dc8084b1dd9) when asked about the possibility of Bryant getting shipped to Miami in exchange for Parker. "Not even a little bit."

https://247sports.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/Bolt/Steelerscom-shoots-down-Martavis-Bryant-trade-rumor-115382940

I do believe that teams are probably interested in getting Bryant but I'm sure the offers are not good enough for them to trade him. (I'd assume it would be a late round pick)

Bryant brings more value to this team then any late round pick would.

pczach
02-22-2018, 04:37 AM
While we're all thinking football hypotheticals, here's what I would like to see. Wait for a team like the Jets to sign Kirk Cousins. They will be desperate for cheap offensive weapons after spending so much on a quarterback, and they have good defensive talent. Offer them Bryant for S Marcus Maye. Even if the Steelers have to throw in another late draft pick for him. See if they can steal a young, talented safety to help fill a team need from a team that is desperate to make a splash.

I loved this kid coming out of Florida and really pushed for him to be drafted.

I can dream....can't I?

DesertSteel
02-22-2018, 09:18 AM
Absolutely.

Landry is the quintessential third-down/checkdown receiver. He is a security blanket for a QB (because, Landry always seems to come up with the crucial conversion on third downs).

Plus, no drug issues.

But, the Dolphins franchise tagged Landry (so, there is 0.01% chance he’s coming here).
I'd actually like to see us draft a Patriot type receiver like Edleman or Amendola. Eli is not going to be that guy.

86WARD
02-22-2018, 09:52 AM
Absolutely.

Plus, no drug issues.

Catching balls from a washed up Jay Cutler and Ryan Tannehill...

Landry and Brown? Unstoppable.