PDA

View Full Version : Rooney Thinks Tomlin Might’ve Been Too Honest In 2017 Interview With Dungy

Shoes
02-08-2018, 01:36 PM
BY DAVE BRYAN (http://www.steelersdepot.com/author/davebryan/) FEBRUARY 8, 2018 AT 01:08 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers wee accused of looking ahead to the New England Patriots a few times this past season and several fans and analysts still want to place most of the blame for that allegedly happening on head coach Mike Tomlin and as a result of his interview with Tony Dungy which took place ahead of his team’s Week 12 game against the Green Bay Packers. On Thursday, Steelers team president Art Rooney II was a guest on DVE Radio and he was asked to give his thoughts on Tomlin talking about the Patriots during that interview with Dungy.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/02/rooney-thinks-tomlin-mightve-honest-2017-interview-dungy/

teegre
02-08-2018, 02:07 PM
When a person gives an honest answer, everyone loses their mind.

Lie... always lie.

DesertSteel
02-08-2018, 02:40 PM
"Next question."

FrancoLambert
02-08-2018, 03:15 PM
"We're on to 2018."

AtlantaDan
02-08-2018, 04:34 PM
When a person gives an honest answer, everyone loses their mind.

Lie... always lie.

When a person provides an honest answer that is both counter-productive and unnecessary people lose their minds

This was the answer

“Man, I’m going to embrace the elephant in the room," Tomlin told Dungy when asked about a looming Week 15 matchup with the Patriots in Pittsburgh. "It’s going to be fireworks. It’s probably going to be Part One, and that’s going to be a big game. But probably, if we’re both doing what we’re supposed to do, the second one" -- i.e., the AFC Championship Game in January -- "is really going to be big. And what happens in the first is going to set up the second one, and determine the location in the second one.” It’s probably going to be Part One, and that’s going to be a big game. But probably, if we’re both doing what we’re supposed to do, the second one" -- i.e., the AFC Championship Game in January -- "is really going to be big. And what happens in the first is going to set up the second one, and determine the location in the second one.”

What would have been dishonest about saying only this?

“Man, I’m going to embrace the elephant in the room," Tomlin told Dungy when asked about a looming Week 15 matchup with the Patriots in Pittsburgh. "It’s going to be fireworks."

The full answer Tomlin gave was arrogant at the time and only looks worse now

But what is done is done - on to free agency and the draft

vasteeler
02-08-2018, 04:49 PM
IDK... I like the confidence. I don't think it had any impact on the game.

BlackAndGold
02-08-2018, 05:20 PM
His words had zero impact on the season outcome.

Tomlin's confidence is one of the reasons why players love to play for him. He believes they can beat anyone and the players feed off that and believe it also. There is no lack of confidence in that locker room and I love that.

NCSteeler
02-08-2018, 06:34 PM
His I distance had an impact on his players..

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk