PDA

View Full Version : Up Next: The Tampa Bay Bucs!

Psycho Ward 86
09-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Damn they are screwed :chuckle:

steelpride12
09-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Freeman against the best D in the league oh yeah lets make it 3-0! :)

The Duke
09-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Freeman has actually been playing well

But carolina's defense is nothing like this one

I just hope they don't take this game lightly. It should be an easy win, but can't screw it up....

polamalubeast
09-19-2010, 03:48 PM
The buccaners are 2-0 too!

And its going to be the first time that the steelers will play at Tampa Bay since the super bowl XLIII!

steelpride12
09-19-2010, 03:49 PM
Freeman has actually been playing well

But carolina's defense is nothing like this one

I just hope they don't take this game lightly. It should be an easy win, but can't screw it up....
Ya ill be nervous for next weeks game, the Steelers don't always pull out a W against Sub Par teams.

fansince'76
09-19-2010, 03:49 PM
We still have nothing behind center, and until that changes, I'm not looking past anybody.

Psycho Ward 86
09-19-2010, 03:51 PM
The buccaners are 2-0 too!

Against the Browns and Panthers as opposed to our well-earned victories against playoff teams....w/our 3rd and 4th string QBs

Nadroj 20
09-19-2010, 03:52 PM
Bucs havent seen a D close to ours....i actually think im going to feel sorry for freeman, hes gonna get abused.

polamalubeast
09-19-2010, 03:54 PM
Against the Browns and Panthers as opposed to our well-earned victories against playoff teams....w/our 3rd and 4th string QBs

In 2009, the steelers lost against the Chiefs, Browns and Raiders.

It is not that the steelers are too trusting.

Nadroj 20
09-19-2010, 03:55 PM

It should not be too confident.

true, but did our D play like this last year? no

Psycho Ward 86
09-19-2010, 03:56 PM

It should not be too confident.

true, true. i know guys, im just so excited about this year. I wanna sprint across my entire street and break all the mailboxes with a baseball bat.

polamalubeast
09-19-2010, 03:57 PM

It is important that the steelers respects every opponent!

Nadroj 20
09-19-2010, 03:57 PM
true, true. i know guys, im just so excited about this year. I wanna sprint across my entire street and break all the mailboxes with a baseball bat.

lol i feel the same way....

Nadroj 20
09-19-2010, 03:59 PM

Respect yes. But I see no reason why I can't feel confident about beating Tampa next week. I think we will beat them.

Psycho Ward 86
09-19-2010, 04:00 PM
I wanna deck myself out right now in Steelers gear and take a stroll through Baltimore and Cleveland just so i can get flipped off.

polamalubeast
09-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Respect yes. But I see no reason why I can't feel confident about beating Tampa next week. I think we will beat them.

Me, I expect that Toujouse steelers win the next game!

No matter if it's the Titans, Saints or buccaners!

So its not change for next week!

steelpride12
09-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Agreed! I mean we have obviously the best defense in the league, and imagine when Ben comes back and we get this potent offense clicking! :) But of course we can't take any team lightly.

The Duke
09-19-2010, 04:18 PM
I wanna deck myself out right now in Steelers gear and take a stroll through Baltimore and Cleveland just so i can get flipped off.

I'll join ya

and hell, dallas too :)

Psycho Ward 86
09-19-2010, 04:26 PM
I'll join ya

and hell, dallas too :)

Road Trip bitch.

Borski
09-19-2010, 04:26 PM
They better not look past em, Me and my girlfriend are going to this game! 15 rows away from the 40 yardline!

memphissteelergirl
09-19-2010, 04:42 PM
We still have nothing behind center, and until that changes, I'm not looking past anybody.

^This

^And this.

SteelerFanInStl
09-19-2010, 05:04 PM
Yep, can't look past the 2-0 Bucs. We gotta go down there and take care of business. Being 3-0 going into week 4 against the Ravens would be sweet.

Dino 6 Rings
09-19-2010, 05:28 PM
After last season, I hope we as fans have learned to take NO ONE for granted.

The Bucs are 2-0, The game is IN Tampa, it is going to be hot, humid and nasty down there and we have questions about injuries all over our team.

We'll see, for now, I HATE THE EFFING BUCCANEERS! I EFFING HATE THEM! CANT STAND THEM! DEATH TO TAMPA!

venom
09-19-2010, 07:19 PM
Hopefully it wont be as hot as it was today at Tenn

venom
09-19-2010, 07:21 PM
Should it be hot , Im sure the Steelers will be wearing their Black jersey . Next week home vs the Ravens ( black ) then a bye, then the Browns at home ( black ) . Will we ever see the White jersey this year ? lol

Borski
09-19-2010, 07:30 PM
Early forecast is 89 with 30% chance of T-storms

beSteelmyheart
09-19-2010, 07:33 PM
After last season, I hope we as fans have learned to take NO ONE for granted.

The Bucs are 2-0, The game is IN Tampa, it is going to be hot, humid and nasty down there and we have questions about injuries all over our team.

We'll see, for now, I HATE THE EFFING BUCCANEERS! I EFFING HATE THEM! CANT STAND THEM! DEATH TO TAMPA!
From what I saw from the weather report at the beginning of the Titans game, the weather is pretty close to what we are dealing with down here....But who knows what kind of sauna conditions will be in store for the Steelers in a week. The cold fronts won't be moving in anytime soon!

beSteelmyheart
09-19-2010, 07:36 PM
Early forecast is 89 with 30% chance of T-storms
That's the usual forecast that will pretty much take us till the middle of October, at least!

salamander
09-19-2010, 08:07 PM
We should never take a team for granted. The Bucs are playing pretty well right now. They're 2-0 for a reason. Then again, we seem to play better against "good" teams so I guess we'll see. The injuries today definitely sucked.

BPS3akaWirels3
09-19-2010, 08:14 PM
Calm down folks... Anything can happen.. Should we have lost to the Chief's, Raiders and Brown's last year? NO!! But we did..

KeiselPower99
09-19-2010, 08:27 PM
Im ready to watch a good game. We need to figure out our qb situation and fast. But with our Defense playing the way they are right now itll be tough for Tampa to beat us.

BPS3akaWirels3
09-19-2010, 08:30 PM
From a Buc's forum tonight:

Breaks are breaks and I think we are due some breaks. I'm looking forward to the next 2 weeks, actually. Not to be picking on Yoi, but I think the Steelers game is a solid possible, without Big Ben. Breaks and all, why can't we win these next two games? Let's see how we handle the 1st quarter of the season. We had no expectations placed on us, in a positive light, rather. So... Fuck it. Play loose. Play hard. Let's see what happens after 60 minutes, usually......

http://www.bucschat.com/images/smilies/2cents.gif

If we keep up this pace, we'll be 16-0 by the end of the regular season! Woo Hoo! Go Bucs!!!

JayC
09-19-2010, 08:55 PM
dont sleep on the bucs! we should know this by now. just cause some teams are thought of as bottom tier teams by the general public they are 2-0 and they CAN beat us if we dont play smart/physical steeler football

steelerdude15
09-19-2010, 10:12 PM
Tampa Bay has started out strong with a 2-0 record. We shouldn't let this team just go under the rug, I bet they'll be bringing it next weekend. I just hope our offense explodes next weekend. I want to see Mendy with another one hundred plus game again.

CPanther95
09-19-2010, 10:16 PM

No, but neither did our offense.

Better focus on one game at a time.

cheezheadsteeler
09-19-2010, 10:35 PM
They better not look past em, Me and my girlfriend are going to this game! 15 rows away from the 40 yardline!

I will be there too, club seats with 7 more big time Steeler fans

BigNastyDefense
09-19-2010, 10:37 PM
While the Buccaneers aren't a great team, I think they are gritty and if our offense doesn't score a TD next week we could easily lose this game. Ronde Barber is a grizzled vet who knows what he is doing and Aqib Talib is a very good corner who can make a big interception. So I am not taking them lightly, especially if Dixon can't do anything throwing the ball. If he throws a few of those balls against Barber and Talib that he did against the Falcons, they will be picked and they could easily be returned for TD's because a lot of his throws are shorter ones.

Craic
09-19-2010, 11:49 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP3SzeYGoUI

GoSlash27
09-20-2010, 06:20 AM
I hope our players are taking TB more seriously than people on this forum. We're going in there banged-up and with a struggling offense. This is not the time to play down to their level.

stlrtruck
09-20-2010, 08:37 AM
I'm looking forward to this game so much now. The scubs fans seem to have some renewed sense of determination. Which on Sunday will be crushed by the likes of a LB corp and DB corp that Freeman has not seen the likes of since he took over starting QB.

Welcome to the BIG LEAGUES Josh. Have you met my friends? Here let me introduce to Silverback, Lawman, inTIMidator, Farrior, Foote, Fox, Flyin' Hawaiin, and Clark. Don't worry you'll meet Mr. Smith, Hampton, Ziggy, and the rest of the defensive all stars soon enough!

stlrtruck
09-20-2010, 08:41 AM
I'm looking forward to this game so much now. The scubs fans seem to have some renewed sense of determination. Which on Sunday will be crushed by the likes of a LB corp and DB corp that Freeman has not seen the likes of since he took over starting QB.

Welcome to the BIG LEAGUES Josh. Have you met my friends? Here let me introduce to Silverback, Lawman, inTIMidator, Farrior, Foote, Fox, Flyin' Hawaiin, and Clark. Don't worry you'll meet Mr. Smith, Hampton, Ziggy, and the rest of the defensive all stars soon enough!

The Duke
09-20-2010, 10:44 AM
Freeman may very well be the best QB of the 09 class so far, but he hasn't faced anything like this defense

Back to earth he comes

GodfatherofSoul
09-20-2010, 11:07 AM
I hope our players are taking TB more seriously than people on this forum. We're going in there banged-up and with a struggling offense. This is not the time to play down to their level.

Yeah, not looking forward to another hot weather game. They'll probably make us wear our home jerseys, too.

Dino 6 Rings
09-20-2010, 11:49 AM
so next week's game plan. Get the ball. run it on 1st...milk the clock...run it on second...milk the clock...run it on 3rd...milk the clock...Punt...DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE TD!!! OR TURNOVER!!!!

get the ball...run it, milk the clock, run it milk the clock, run it milk the clock, Punt...DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE TURNOVER TD!!!!

get the ball...

steeldevil
09-20-2010, 12:10 PM
Not taking this game lightly at all... Could lose if the offense does not play better than yesterday.

steelpride12
09-20-2010, 12:55 PM
I agree with the don't take the Bucs lightly approach, but if our Defense plays like they did the last two weeks and our offense does enough to score some points and do not create turnovers we will win. Mr. Freeman is going to be unleashed to a new animal when our defense get's unleashed at him. I expect several turnovers this young guy won't know what to do with all this pressure.

stlrtruck
09-20-2010, 01:07 PM
I have come to the conclusion that our defense has been given explicit instructions about the first 4 games of the season.

YOU MUST WIN THESE GAMES!!!!

stillers4me
09-20-2010, 01:45 PM
I figured this was the one game out of the 4 that we'd most likely win. That makes it the we have to be looking out for....any given Sunday.

BuddhaBus
09-20-2010, 02:01 PM

I was in Fells Point in Baltimore today at lunch rockin' my Steeler hat. Not one single peep out of a Ratbird fan. Usually, at least one or two jackasses have to pipe up and try to talk shit or give a snide comment. Nothing. Silence truly is golden! :chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
09-26-2010, 03:00 PM
So yeah, i don't really regret making this thread :chuckle: