PDA

View Full Version : You're the GM - It is fun and silly.

Mojouw
02-05-2018, 01:12 PM
So I was playing around with this - https://fanspeak.com/mtc/ - for free agency and contracts

And then this for the draft - https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

Here is what I was able to pull off (not based on what I thought would happen):

1. Cut some guys. Only standout name was Mitchell. Then I restructured Ben, Decastro, and Tuitt. Then I hit Bell with a $12.5 million per year for 5 years with 45% guaranteed. He took the deal. I hit free agency with just under $22 million in cap space + $5 million for the draft class. Haden is on the roster.

2. Was able to scoop up the following (I think this sim totally undervalues alot of guys, but I also guaranteed a high % of money over 3 and 4 year deals to get guys to come and play until Ben R retires.) Also to be clear, the numbers here are cap hits. For instance Joyner averages over 8 million per year, but I spread a bunch out in signing bonus:

Lamarcus Joyner
CB
5,950,000 - playing him as my new starting FS

Jaron Brown
WR
1,600,000 - new WR coach gets familiar face

Marcus Smith
EDGE
3,000,000 - take a chance on a former first round pick that is still fairly young

Justin Ellis
DL
3,000,000 - a monster for the middle of the defense

Mike Mitchell
S
2,625,000 - Hey, Mike! Welcome back as the third safety/dime linebacker once a market for you never developed.

Christopher Hubbard
OT
2,400,000 - no one else signed him.

3. That shopping spree left me with 3 million remaining for in season stuff. Here is the big problem with this sim - Hilton, Chickillo, Boswell, etc (all the RFA and ERFA guys aren't included. So likely couldn't actually afford the Mitchell and Hubbard signings in order to pay those guys.

4. Moving to the draft -

28: R1P28

LB TREMAINE EDMUNDS
VIRGINIA TECH

60: R2P28
EDGE JOSH SWEAT
FLORIDA STATE

92: R3P28
S KYZIR WHITE
WVU

150: R5P11
TE TROY FUMAGALLI
WISCONSIN

167: R5P28
LB DAVIN BELLAMY
GEORGIA

220: R7P2
QB BRANDON SILVERS
TROY

246: R7P28
WR QUADREE HENDERSON
PITTSBURGH

Don't really think all of the player values and simulated picks are all that accurate. Nor is my prioritization of positions/players. But it was fun. And I had a little momentary dream scenario where a fully recovered Shazier and Edmunds just pinballed around, through, and over offenses together.

BlackAndGold
02-05-2018, 01:35 PM
I dream of landing Joyner as much as I dream of trading up in the draft to get Roquan Smith.

Don't play with my emotions.

But I like the moves. I would be surprised if Hubbard is back but it's possible his market isn't as good as we think it'll be.

Psycho Ward 86
02-05-2018, 07:19 PM
Damn, you get an A++ for that hypothetical offseason.

Whatever rabbit's foot you have hiding in your pocket gets mad props as well. Tremaine Edwards late in the 1st and Fumagalli in round 5? If we pass that up it'll be even worse than grabbing Josh Dobbs instead of George Kittle

For a second there I thought you had TJ Edwards slotted in as our 1st pick. Damn near jumped out of my seat thinking he changed his mind about returning for his senior year. Also jumped out of my seat at how early you picked him :lol:. That being said from what i saw last season, I think Edwards will be a player scouts will be kicking themselves for stocking so low

Mojouw
02-05-2018, 07:38 PM
Damn, you get an A++ for that hypothetical offseason.

Whatever rabbit's foot you have hiding in your pocket gets mad props as well. Tremaine Edwards late in the 1st and Fumagalli in round 5? If we pass that up it'll be even worse than grabbing Josh Dobbs instead of George Kittle

For a second there I thought you had TJ Edwards slotted in as our 1st pick. Damn near jumped out of my seat thinking he changed his mind about returning for his senior year. Also jumped out of my seat at how early you picked him :lol:. That being said from what i saw last season, I think Edwards will be a player scouts will be kicking themselves for stocking so low

I actually think Fumagalli is going to fall. Maybe not to the 5th, but he will fall. I suspect he won't test that well in the combine measureables or at his Pro Day. He is going to have to sell teams that he can block, find the soft spot in zones, and he better nail the pass catching drills.

Also, I played around with the settings on that draft sim while I was waiting for some other stuff to finish up around the house, and if you jack up the difficulty (or in this case realism!) those LBs don't fall so far in the first 2 rounds. Fumagalli still falls though.

- - - Updated - - -

I dream of landing Joyner as much as I dream of trading up in the draft to get Roquan Smith.

Don't play with my emotions.

But I like the moves. I would be surprised if Hubbard is back but it's possible his market isn't as good as we think it'll be.

I don't think he will either. I find it hard to believe that some team with a terrible o-line won't give him 5-7 million per year.

Steelerette
02-07-2018, 11:32 PM
I cut Mitchell, restructured Ben, Heyward, and DeCastro, re-signed Moats, and let Bell walk. I signed Dontari Poe for 4 years/20mil.

Then I had this draft.

LB TREMAINE EDMUNDS
VIRGINIA TECH

RB SONY MICHEL
GEORGIA

CB MIKE HUGHES
UCF

WR MARCELL ATEMAN
OKLAHOMA STATE

S JUSTIN REID
STANFORD

G BRADEN SMITH
AUBURN

P JOHNNY TOWNSEND
FLORIDA

Iron Steeler
02-10-2018, 11:21 AM
So I was playing around with this - https://fanspeak.com/mtc/ - for free agency and contracts

And then this for the draft - https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

Here is what I was able to pull off (not based on what I thought would happen):

1. Cut some guys. Only standout name was Mitchell. Then I restructured Ben, Decastro, and Tuitt. Then I hit Bell with a $12.5 million per year for 5 years with 45% guaranteed. He took the deal. I hit free agency with just under $22 million in cap space + $5 million for the draft class. Haden is on the roster.

2. Was able to scoop up the following (I think this sim totally undervalues alot of guys, but I also guaranteed a high % of money over 3 and 4 year deals to get guys to come and play until Ben R retires.) Also to be clear, the numbers here are cap hits. For instance Joyner averages over 8 million per year, but I spread a bunch out in signing bonus:

Lamarcus Joyner
CB
5,950,000 - playing him as my new starting FS

Jaron Brown
WR
1,600,000 - new WR coach gets familiar face

Marcus Smith
EDGE
3,000,000 - take a chance on a former first round pick that is still fairly young

Justin Ellis
DL
3,000,000 - a monster for the middle of the defense

Mike Mitchell
S
2,625,000 - Hey, Mike! Welcome back as the third safety/dime linebacker once a market for you never developed.

Christopher Hubbard
OT
2,400,000 - no one else signed him.

3. That shopping spree left me with 3 million remaining for in season stuff. Here is the big problem with this sim - Hilton, Chickillo, Boswell, etc (all the RFA and ERFA guys aren't included. So likely couldn't actually afford the Mitchell and Hubbard signings in order to pay those guys.

4. Moving to the draft -

LB TREMAINE EDMUNDS
VIRGINIA TECH

EDGE JOSH SWEAT
FLORIDA STATE

S KYZIR WHITE
WVU

TE TROY FUMAGALLI
WISCONSIN

LB DAVIN BELLAMY
GEORGIA

QB BRANDON SILVERS
TROY

WR QUADREE HENDERSON
PITTSBURGH

Don't really think all of the player values and simulated picks are all that accurate. Nor is my prioritization of positions/players. But it was fun. And I had a little momentary dream scenario where a fully recovered Shazier and Edmunds just pinballed around, through, and over offenses together.

i lovw your draft.

Although I dont see us ever getting lamarcus joyner.

Iron Steeler
02-11-2018, 08:36 AM
Me totally dreaming.

Trade our 1st round pick and Matavis bryant to the Bills for Their 1st(21) and 4th.(117)

Trade Bud Dupree to the Colts for their 2nd round pick(36)

Sign Avery Williamson. ILB Tenn

and sign Lamarcus Joyner S or Marcus Lawrence Edge
(which ever we don't get we go after in the draft.)
cut mitchell id we get Joyner
Go after EDGE in draft if dont get Lawrence

so now our Draft would look like.

We will have flexibility in the Draft to go after guys we want.

Go after another ILB and S for depth. no paticular order just a wish list below.

Rashad Evans ILB
Trumaine Edmonds ILB
Troy Fumaguli TE
Vita Vea MONSTER
Ronnie Harrison S
Marcus Davenport