PDA

View Full Version : No MVP For AB84 As TB12 Already Has His Acceptance Speech Ready

Shoes
02-02-2018, 01:11 PM
Even though it was highly unlikely to happen anyway, Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown will not be announced as the Most Valuable Player for the 2017 season Saturday night at the annual NFL Honors awards show. Instead, it will be New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.
So, how do we know for sure that Brady will be named the MVP Saturday night? Well, someone was photographed on Thursday during Brady’s media session carrying his acceptance speech in plain view.
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/02/no-mvp-ab84-tb12-already-acceptance-speech-ready/

steelreserve
02-02-2018, 01:24 PM
slurp, slurp, slurp ...

Mojouw
02-02-2018, 01:31 PM
When has a WR ever won it? Answer is never. Since 1957, either a QB or RB has taken the award home all but 3 times.

Why would it be any different this year?

st33lersguy
02-02-2018, 02:06 PM
He deserves the award given how many times he bailed the team out, but he won't win it

BlackAndGold
02-02-2018, 02:31 PM
Hoping he has a shot at OPOY

lipps83
02-02-2018, 05:54 PM
If Jerry Rice didn't win an MVP (widely considered by some to be the greatest player ever pre-Brady era), AB never will.

steelreserve
02-02-2018, 06:44 PM
If Jerry Rice didn't win an MVP (widely considered by some to be the greatest player ever pre-Brady era), AB never will.

Did someone actually argue that Brady should be above Rice? Because that would be about the most laughable thing ever.

BlackAndGold
02-02-2018, 06:53 PM
Did someone actually argue that Brady should be above Rice? Because that would be about the most laughable thing ever.

It's laughable to place Rice over Brady.

Brady has a chance to win his 6th Super Bowl. Gotta lay off the hate.

steelreserve
02-02-2018, 07:02 PM

lol, nope. Some people might argue he's the best QB, but to say best PLAYER you've got to be on drugs. That one isn't even close.

I wouldn't put him as the best QB either, but what do I know.

lipps83
02-02-2018, 07:05 PM

You have to look at it objectively, not as a Steelers fan. Rice can't touch Brady's overall accomplishments. One could also argue Rice was gifted Montana, Young and Gannon. The 49'ers had two Super Bowls in place already before Jerry Rice even showed up. The 49'ers didn't NEED Jerry Rice to win.

All Brady had is Belicheck, and the coach doesn't play the game. Those are the only two things common from their first Super Bowl to today. Absolutely everything else has changed multiple times. When he is done, he will probably have all the passing records too.

Yeah, it sucks to say it but he is the best player ever.

steelreserve
02-02-2018, 07:32 PM
You have to look at it objectively, not as a Steelers fan. Rice can't touch Brady's overall accomplishments. One could also argue Rice was gifted Montana, Young and Gannon. The 49'ers had two Super Bowls in place already before Jerry Rice even showed up. The 49'ers didn't NEED Jerry Rice to win.

All Brady had is Belicheck, and the coach doesn't play the game. Those are the only two things common from their first Super Bowl to today. Absolutely everything else has changed multiple times. When he is done, he will probably have all the passing records too.

Yeah, it sucks to say it but he is the best player ever.

I mean, I don't really consider Brady to have won any Super Bowls, but if you absolutely insist on joining the knob-slobbing procession, I suppose that's your choice.

teegre
02-03-2018, 09:06 AM
Tom Brady is the most decorated, but Jim Brown is the best player in the history of the NFL.

BlackAndGold
02-03-2018, 05:44 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/WrP4rFrWxu4IE/giphy.gif

Denying greatness.

steelreserve
02-03-2018, 06:13 PM
Oh well. It's not like any of it counts anyway.

Butch
02-03-2018, 07:46 PM

F Shady Brady all his success can be contributed to cheating and favorable calls by the NFL. They got all of 1 penalty against the jags. The same Jags who were allowed to mug our receivers all game long, were penalized when they played the cheats. Funny too how Doug Flutie picked up shady brady's helmet the communications never cut off when they were supposed to, and even funnier how the NFL never investigated it. Don't forget how gronk cheap shots a defender and only gets 1 game suspension just before they play the Steelers.

pczach
02-04-2018, 06:43 AM
Look.....I can't stand Brady. I know the Patriots have gotten away with so much shit over the years, and have been the beneficiaries of so many calls on the field that they can't be counted.

With that said, there is no denying that Tom Brady is a great player. Forget about all the other stuff for a second. There is no denying that he is an all-time elite player at the quarterback position.....Period.

I understand wanting AB to win the award, and I think he could have won. The problem is that a WR is dependent on too many things to win the award the way it is judged today. Let's face it....without Ben, AB doesn't sniff the award. It is what it is. Let's just be happy we have him and appreciate him for what he is.....the best WR in the NFL.

I am sick of everyone falling all over Brady and the Patriots as well. I'm not sure that what Brady did this year is worthy of an MVP either, but there's nothing we can do to change it. Hell, Ben was the better quarterback the second half of the year when it mattered and even into the playoffs, but his first 5 games weren't up to speed.

I'm just hoping the Eagles can beat them so we aren't forced to listen to the endless praising of Brady and Belichick the entire offseason.

stillers4me
02-04-2018, 09:11 AM

lipps83
02-04-2018, 10:24 AM
Tom Brady is the most decorated, but Jim Brown is the best player in the history of the NFL.

I would almost give you Jim Brown. He falls into the Barry Sanders/Gale Sayers/Sterling Sharpe category for me. Just didn't play long enough to take the top spot.

When you are talking about greatness and the greatest, longevity means something, decorations mean something. Not just talent alone. That a person was able to achieve ALL of it, not just SOME of it is what makes them great.I can't stand Brady either, the guy just gives tremendous douche chills. However, how I personally feel won't cloud his achievements to me.

lipps83
02-04-2018, 10:29 AM
I mean, I don't really consider Brady to have won any Super Bowls, but if you absolutely insist on joining the knob-slobbing procession, I suppose that's your choice.

Sour grapes man. You are trying to diminish his accomplishments so that those which you prefer and align with your idea stand out more. The more you can put the Patriots down, the further you imagine to lift up the Steelers. You can't look at it objectively, that is all your ego.

You won't admit it though and instead will try to insult me and put me down because you think it somehow boosts you up.

steelreserve
02-04-2018, 11:11 AM
Sour grapes man. You are trying to diminish his accomplishments so that those which you prefer and align with your idea stand out more. The more you can put the Patriots down, the further you imagine to lift up the Steelers. You can't look at it objectively, that is all your ego.

You won't admit it though and instead will try to insult me and put me down because you think it somehow boosts you up.

ok

Mojouw
02-04-2018, 11:18 AM
By the time Brady is done, which looks to be 2 more seasons at least, he will most likely hold every regular season and post-season passing record there is. That's ridiculous.

Even take the most conspiratorial position and argue that Brady had all this inside knowledge on defenses and gets all the PI calls - he still has to go out and make the play happen. I mean I could stand behind an NFL line and have perfect knowledge of how the play would unfold. Know exactly what all 21 other players on the field were going to do at every moment and I would still likely only complete 2 passes a game.

The guy is a douche canoe of the highest order and he has one of the most punchable faces of all time, but he is the best QB to play the game. Hopefully someone comes along and knocks him off that perch and maybe in like 2 decades I can stop hearing about this guy. But until that happens, it is what it is. He's the douche GOAT at QB.

I do agree with the arguments that Rice or Brown have excellent cases for being the greatest football player of all time...

steelreserve
02-04-2018, 11:54 AM
Even take the most conspiratorial position and argue that Brady had all this inside knowledge on defenses and gets all the PI calls - he still has to go out and make the play happen. I mean I could stand behind an NFL line and have perfect knowledge of how the play would unfold. Know exactly what all 21 other players on the field were going to do at every moment and I would still likely only complete 2 passes a game.

That's the thing. You, personally, might only complete 2 passes; I give myself a lot of credit so I think I'd complete at least 8 or 9; on the other hand, any decent NFL quarterback would do far better. I don't think you need the greatest QB of all time to expect the exact same results under those circumstances, just a decent one. There are at least 30 or 40 guys you could swap in to any one of the Patriots' teams and still win the Super Bowl (before we start, look at any list of Super Bowl winning quarterbacks - that's who). That's all he's proved.

You're a teacher, right? Cheating gets you a zero, that's like one of the fundamental rules of life. You look at what's going on there, the organization has been convicted - OFFICIALLY, not just in some random conspiracy theory - of cheating multiple times, involving both the coach and the quarterback being suspended, both of which are basically unprecedented in the history of the game, and docked multiple first-round draft picks for cheating, also unprecedented in the history of the game ... and it is what it is? No way man, it's a fucking zero. Even in college, they find out things half that bad, they vacate your wins and tell you to go suck a dick.

So yes, no matter what Brady accomplishes, it won't be good enough for me. And the great thing is, nobody can force it to be. Not you, not other less-informed message board people, not the ESPN talking heads, not a million cum-guzzling Patriots fans.

Everything after that in your post I completely agree with, except the GOAT part.