PDA

View Full Version : When football was football

Steeldude
02-01-2018, 02:44 PM
From the TV sports show This Week in Pro Football. This is Week 7 of the 1976 season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YJ8qeF8l50

Btw, the Steelers start at 16:20

The music is great. It brings back good memories.

tube517
02-01-2018, 04:24 PM
Used to watch this and Game of the Week. Had to wait until Saturday to watch these shows.

Look at Kruczek go!

Mojouw
02-01-2018, 04:29 PM
Everyone looks like they are in slow motion! Also there is just a staggering amount of difference in QB play.

Didn't see a lot of misdirection and funky things either. Alot of just line up and beat the guy across from you.

Amazing to see how much it has changed.

FrancoLambert
02-01-2018, 05:14 PM
A Jack Deloplaine (Hydroplaine) sighting.

86WARD
02-01-2018, 06:40 PM
Good stuff. Thanks for posting that.

AtlantaDan
02-01-2018, 08:04 PM
Didn't see a lot of misdirection and funky things either. Alot of just line up and beat the guy across from you.

Did see the Steelers run a Frank Lewis reverse against the Giants - the narrator said the Steelers played “almost contemptuously” when that play was shown

Maybe Franco and Rocky got the day off - with Kruczek subbing for an injured Bradshaw what looked like a backfield of Kruczek, Deloplaine and Frenchy Fuqua definitely was not the A Team. :chuckle:

Great memories and music - appreciate it being posted :thumbsup:

Mojouw
02-01-2018, 10:42 PM
Did see the Steelers run a Frank Lewis reverse against the Giants - the narrator said the Steelers played “almost contemptuously” when that play was shown

Maybe Franco and Rocky got the day off - with Kruczek subbing for an injured Bradshaw what looked like a backfield of Kruczek, Deloplaine and Frenchy Fuqua definitely was not the A Team. :chuckle:

Great memories and music - appreciate it being posted :thumbsup:

I was at work with no audio. Cool stuff no matter what. I really enjoy watching football from different eras. Amazing to see the linebacker sized lineman of the era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk