PDA

View Full Version : We Beat The Titans With Our 3rd and 4th String QB's...

SteelerEmpire
09-19-2010, 03:37 PM
...AT THEIR HOUSE !!!... In my opinion, Tomlin (and the other coach's) are coaching THE HELL out of this team !!! They'll be talking about this team all week !!!

steelpride12
09-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Wait till Ben returns. Our offense clicking at full strength and getting Wallace in the game and the D being the best in the league, I love the sound of it!

steeldevil
09-19-2010, 03:41 PM
just posted this as my facebook status!!

Mistah Q
09-19-2010, 03:41 PM
A win in spite of Bruce Arians. That defence is special.

The Duke
09-19-2010, 03:42 PM

sure thing bro.... :rolleyes:

Dixon/Batch>>>>FLaco

SteelerEmpire
09-19-2010, 03:44 PM
just posted this as my facebook status!!

LOL... I'm gonna go post this on the Raven's message board !!! On my way...

beSteelmyheart
09-19-2010, 03:47 PM
Aaaawww yea, baby! You took the words right out of my mouth. I thought the Titans were going to bring it today, but not so much. And the fight at the beginning with Ward was priceless!!

Mistah Q
09-19-2010, 03:57 PM
sure thing bro.... :rolleyes:

Dixon/Batch>>>>FLaco
Hm? I called our defence special. And it is. Who said anything about Flacco?

You can run the ball this much and still be a lot less predictable. Arians was getting Batch killed.

Run, Run, Spread and invite the blitz, don't convert, Punt. Rinse and repeat? And 12 points off 7 turnovers?

All in all, I gladly take this win, but down the stretch Arians is going to need to do a lot better planning and playcalling down the stretch.

vasteeler
09-19-2010, 04:09 PM

what the hell is he suppose to do? you do realize we had our 4th string qb in.....right?

st33lersguy
09-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Our defense was lights out for 55 minutes before Lebeau called for the prevent defense

Shoes
09-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Our defense was lights out for 55 minutes before Lebeau called for the prevent defense

Yep, the D beat the Titans today.

stillers4me
09-19-2010, 04:15 PM
If we can pull off 4-0 without Ben. Tomlin deserves Coach of the year.

SteelerEmpire
09-19-2010, 04:16 PM

Correct...

Psycho Ward 86
09-19-2010, 04:17 PM

make that 59 minutes. Pretty sure they got the ball back with 58 seconds left?

tube517
09-19-2010, 04:19 PM
what the hell is he suppose to do? you do realize we had our 4th string qb in.....right?

Yeah, I'm an Arians hater but you can't fault him today. Dropped passes, penalties, poor O line play and playing a good defense. Sure, he could have called a few more pass plays but overall, you can't fault him for all of the bad offense.

Mistah Q
09-19-2010, 04:27 PM
it wouldn't be a Steelers game without giving up a cheap score in garbage time. You learn to live with it.

HometownGal
09-19-2010, 04:37 PM

Huh? What are you smokin Q? :doh:

GodfatherofSoul
09-19-2010, 04:38 PM

The D was gassed by the end of the game. They just didn't have the energy to shove around 300 lb linemen at that point.

ALLD
09-19-2010, 05:55 PM
I still say we will see Randal El throw a pass to Ward in the next two weeks.

Steeldude
09-19-2010, 07:36 PM
...AT THEIR HOUSE !!!... In my opinion, Tomlin (and the other coach's) are coaching THE HELL out of this team !!! They'll be talking about this team all week !!!

i hear ya, but the steelers are extremely lucky. they get 7 TOs and do barely anything with them. the titans should have started collins. when will football fans realize that WRs are no QBs?

without the sloppy football, played by the titans, the steelers most likely lose this game. the steelers had 143 total yards on offense. they followed last weeks(4-14) horrible 3rd down conversion % with a worse one(2-15) this week. last week they were 0-2 in the red zone. this week a dismal 0-4.

the O-line is still a complete joke.

the steelers need to learn how to put teams away.

the players are playing poorly on special teams. the coaches are to blame too.

Godfather
09-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Batch might be a fourth stringer but he's a veteran and is capable of throwing the ball. Problem with what we did today was it was too predictable. They know we're running so they stack the line and get us in third and long so we have to throw, and then they can play against that. I'd have liked to see one or two series where we threw a curveball and threw on first down.

That said, Tomlin really pulled a rabbit out of his hat. We already have 2 wins without Ben and next week is winnable. We've already made mincemeat of two better offenses than Tampa.

Butch
09-19-2010, 08:22 PM
i hear ya, but the steelers are extremely lucky. they get 7 TOs and do barely anything with them. the titans should have started collins. when will football fans realize that WRs are no QBs?

without the sloppy football, played by the titans, the steelers most likely lose this game. the steelers had 143 total yards on offense. they followed last weeks(4-14) horrible 3rd down conversion % with a worse one(2-15) this week. last week they were 0-2 in the red zone. this week a dismal 0-4.

Actually Special Teams did pretty good. They accounted for all the scoring including our only TD. As for the sloppy play I like to think our D was responsible for those turnovers. Harrison's chop, Troy's deception, Timmons hard hitting...ect.

Godfather
09-19-2010, 08:24 PM

The O-line is a lot better than last year. And the special teams looked great except for the onside kick. We did a good job on returns, covered punts well, and scored on that awesome play at the beginning.

venom
09-19-2010, 09:08 PM
Its a pleasure watching that D play .......awesome

steelerdude15
09-19-2010, 09:14 PM
Yeah, the one thing that they need to improve upon are the chances they are given with the turnovers. We need to score more offensively.

hotrodder07
09-19-2010, 09:25 PM

Well Collins got them to an 0-6 start last season. VY came in and went 8-2. While Collins has the better arm, Young made them a winning team. They didn't have a choice.

Yeah, our offense was pretty bad, but you have to take into account the situation. We played super conservative the entire game, because we had the lead. If we had to, we would have tried for more points and yards. Now, how that would have turned out, we will never know. We would almost certainly have gained more yards than we did, however.

They weren't that bad. Heck, they played better than the Titan's O-line. Plus we were missing Essex, Starks and Colon.

We were using our 4th string QB. At that point, we just wanted to get 3 points any time we could, and not make a mistake on the other possessions. It would have been a different story with Ben at the helm.

Coverage, I partially agree. Returning and kicking have been pretty darn good, though.

Sorry. Had to disagree with most of your points, there. haha

oneforthetoe
09-20-2010, 01:24 AM
We Beat The Titans With Our 3rd and 4th Sting QB's

Plus, we had our eyes closed and one hand tied behind our backs. Also, the Steelers' players had to walk up hill to and from the game, without shoes, in a freak summer snow storm.

Wallace108
09-20-2010, 02:28 AM
The D was gassed by the end of the game. They just didn't have the energy to shove around 300 lb linemen at that point.

That's something I didn't hear too much during or after the game, but you're absolutely right. All we've heard the past year is how old the defense is, so considering how long they were on the field against the Titans, you have to respect what they accomplished even more!!

As far as winning the game with our 4th string QB, we have to put that in perspective. Batch is a good quarterback. If he wasn't so injury prone, he could have continued to be a starter for another team instead of our backup in past seasons. Hell, right now I'd take him over any quarterback on the Browns roster.