PDA

View Full Version : Pro Football Focus names David DeCastro top offensive lineman of 2017

stillers4me
01-26-2018, 05:38 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers guard David DeCastro received another honor on Thursday. Pro Football Focus awarded DeCastro with the Bruce Matthews award for the league’s top offensive lineman of 2017..........
Read more @ http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/26/pro-football-focus-names-david-decastro-top-offensive-lineman-of-2017/

pczach
01-26-2018, 06:02 AM
Good for him. He's not a real mauler inside, but with his athleticism and quickness he is able to pull and really create holes in the running game. His pass protection has really improved as well.

They got a real gem when he fell to them in the draft a few years ago.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-26-2018, 09:10 AM
Good for him, but I am actually a bit surprised, as I thought he had a few games where his pass protection wasn't that good and would likely not grade out well.

Man, I hope Gilbert comes back and plays to the level he has. I personally thought that when healthy, Gilbert performed even better than DeCastro on the O line.

pczach
01-26-2018, 05:27 PM
I haven't been seeing Gilbert play that great for most of the year. He was hurt for a large part of the season. I'm sure it held him back when he was on the field. He barely played against the Jags before he went out injured again.

SteelerFanInStl
01-26-2018, 06:04 PM
I haven't been seeing Gilbert play that great for most of the year. He was hurt for a large part of the season. I'm sure it held him back when he was on the field. He barely played against the Jags before he went out injured again.

Honestly, I didn't feel that we missed Gilbert all year. Hubbard played very well.

st33lersguy
01-26-2018, 09:06 PM
Well deserved

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-26-2018, 09:33 PM

Yes, he was hurt, but at the start of the season when he was playing Gilbert was the best O lineman on the roster. I'm saying that with Gilbert healthy and he and Pouncey on either bookend of DeCastro, its the best right side in football.

Craic
01-26-2018, 10:20 PM
Honestly, I didn't feel that we missed Gilbert all year. Hubbard played very well.

Yep, we could dangle him as trade bait in the draft and if he is taken, it'd open up 3 million or so more in cap room.