PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Dixon mirrors Titans' Young

LLT
09-19-2010, 08:20 AM
Steelers' Dixon mirrors Titans' Young
By Mark Kaboly, TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Sunday, September 19, 2010

They both came from a college program that ran the spread offense.

They both were Heisman Trophy candidates.

They both set school records when it comes to running the ball as a quarterback.

They both are just about the same height and have nearly the same speed.

They both wear the same uniform number.

If you didn't know better, Vince Young could pass for Dennis Dixon and vice versa.

Read More
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_700265.html

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-19-2010, 10:42 AM
I always thought when Dixon was drafted that he was a better passer than Young, while Young was a better runner of the football. A lot of people wanted to make Dixon the next great scrambling QB or KR, or WR.....but the fact is that he never ran for a single TD in highschool and has always thought of himself as a pocket QB.

I hope he has a breakout game and we go 2-0

LLT
09-19-2010, 11:36 AM
I always thought when Dixon was drafted that he was a better passer than Young, while Young was a better runner of the football. A lot of people wanted to make Dixon the next great scrambling QB or KR, or WR.....but the fact is that he never ran for a single TD in highschool and has always thought of himself as a pocket QB.

I sincerly hope that we see that Dixon has got over the jitters and shows some serious poise in the pocket today. There is no doubt that we will be running the football today...but I look for Dennis to keep the defense honest with short passes and maybe a one long pass to Wallace to keep them guessing.

Craic
09-19-2010, 11:48 AM

Heck, I'd take a horrid game and 2-0. :chuckle: