PDA

View Full Version : Rating Steelers Current Offensive Roster

GBMelBlount
01-15-2018, 05:38 PM
I am curious what you would rate our offensive players on a scale from A to F and what you feel we need to upgrade in the draft or FA?

Ben Roethlisberger
Jones (#2 QB)
Bell
Conner (#2 RB)
Brown
Schuster (#2 WR)
Bryant (#3 WR)
Rogers (#4 WR)
MDonald (TE)
James (TE)
Pouncey (C)
DeCastro (G)
Gilbert (G)
Foster (G)
Villaneuva (G)

As for me, I have wanted a strong tight end for years as that is the last piece for Ben to have all the weapons imaginable at his disposal AND could greatly lessen the impact of losing Bell or another top receiver.

j-d-s
01-15-2018, 06:15 PM
I think we need to upgrade defense, probably with next to all picks (if we manage to bring back everyone from offense).

Psycho Ward 86
01-15-2018, 06:24 PM
This is objectively an A+ Offensive Roster, if not for the tight end position. If we ever see the light of day where were healthy/not suspended at the skill positions, 30PPG is automatic.

These are the 100 highest scoring teams in NFL history: http://mcubed.net/nfl/ptmpfpg.shtml

Our offense is easily more talented than most of these teams, yet every single one of them outscores us. Thats a coaching problem. Hopefully we hit a hidden lottery at OC next season

Shoes
01-15-2018, 06:43 PM
I am curious what you would rate our offensive players on a scale from A to F and what you feel we need to upgrade in the draft or FA?

Ben Roethlisberger
Jones (#2 QB)
Bell
Conner (#2 RB)
Brown
Schuster (#2 WR)
Bryant (#3 WR)
Rogers (#4 WR)
MDonald (TE)
James (TE)
Pouncey (C)
DeCastro (G)
Gilbert (G)
Foster (G)
Villaneuva (G)

As for me, I have wanted a strong tight end for years as that is the last piece for Ben to have all the weapons imaginable at his disposal AND could greatly lessen the impact of losing Bell or another top receiver.

I agree 100%

FrancoLambert
01-15-2018, 07:58 PM
After AB and Ju-Ju, WR depth chart has some questions. I'd look to possibly upgrade Rogers and who knows what's up with Martavis next year.

Might consider keeping Hubbard over Gilbert if they're convinced he could handle OT full time and if it makes $$$ sense.

I see Finney as Foster's replacement.

I'm happy with Vance and JJ at TE for now.

st33lersguy
01-15-2018, 09:33 PM
Except TE, this is arguably the best offensive roster. Future HOF QB, elite RB (when he's on the field), WR with unheard of production, another WR with freakish talent and can be dangerous when his head is in the game, and the 3rd who had over 900 receiving yards as a rookie despite not playing a whole lot. Also easily a top 5 o-line with solid players across the line including a top 3 center and possibly the best guard in the NFL

Born2Steel
01-16-2018, 12:00 PM
Hall of Fame level offensive talent. This unit should be putting up 30+ points against everyone.

SteelMember
01-16-2018, 12:16 PM
Might consider keeping Hubbard over Gilbert if they're convinced he could handle OT full time and if it makes $$$ sense.

I think based on what the contract numbers are for Gilbert (under $5 mil base through 2019) it's a friendly enough contract for a RT. Unfortunately, Hubbard, who has played a major part in filling in for Gilbert's missed snaps because of both injury and suspension... and played very well, will test the FA market and will probably be gone since he will now demand starter money.