PDA

View Full Version : DeCastro Says Steelers Failed 4th Down Play Calls Came From Sideline

Shoes
01-15-2018, 05:35 PM
Did you take issue with the two fourth down and short play calls in the Pittsburgh Steelers Sunday Divisional Round playoff loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars? If so, we finally know where you can place the blame.
According to Steelers guard David DeCastro on Monday, both 4th-and-1 calls during Sunday’s loss to the Jaguars came from the sideline. In short, from Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley.
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/01/decastro-says-steelers-failed-4th-play-calls-came-sideline/

GBMelBlount
01-15-2018, 05:46 PM
This was my biggest "Play Calling Pet Peeve" before the season started.

Knowing Ben has a very high conversion rate on QB sneaks, it boggles my mind that they can't get 1 yard (or whatever they need) on 3rd/4th and short the majority of the time they run it.

Psycho Ward 86
01-15-2018, 05:54 PM
Ben is 18 for 19 on 4th and 1 QB Sneaks if i recall reading on Steelers Depot correctly, the highest rate in the league. When's the last time a QB actually got hurt on a sneak?

Decasto is one of the more quiet level headed guys. If he's taking pot shots at Haley, you know the hate is real

GBMelBlount
01-15-2018, 05:58 PM
Ben is 18 for 19 on 4th and 1 QB Sneaks if i recall reading on Steelers Depot correctly, the highest rate in the league. When's the last time a QB actually got hurt on a sneak?

Decasto is one of the more quiet level headed guys. If he's taking pot shots at Haley, you know the hate is real

Agreed. I also think Ben, Decastro and the rest of the O line are very tight and they really feel each others' pain.

This was worse than getting Tebowed.

AtlantaDan
01-15-2018, 05:59 PM

Or that blood is in the water and those who held back are now joining in for the kill - I think DeCastro's opinions on the shitshow that went on off the field this year have been simmering and he is unloading after what he sees as perhaps his best chance to get a ring

I have, at best, ambivalent views on Ben's passive aggressive comments to the media but only Ben had the clout to take shots at Haley until now when the end is near

Would be interesting to know who with the Steelers was the source of Bouchette's story on Haley allegedly getting severe injuries at Tequila Cowboy

Shoes
01-15-2018, 06:06 PM
Or that blood is in the water and those who held back are now joining in for the kill - I think DeCastro's opinions on the shitshow that went on off the field this year have been simmering and he is unloading after what he sees as perhaps his best chance to get a ring

I have, at best, ambivalent views on Ben's passive aggressive comments to the media but only Ben had the clout to take shots at Haley until now when the end is near

Would be interesting to know who with the Steelers was the source of Bouchette's story on Haley allegedly getting severe injuries at Tequila Cowboy

Ah yes, the Tequila Cowboy. :chuckle:

vasteeler
01-15-2018, 06:19 PM
The one that killed me was 4th and 1 and they toss it back 5 yards for Run play that went nowhere

Fire Goodell
01-15-2018, 06:26 PM
It wasn't just 4th and 1 it was 4th and a foot! That outside run enraged me to no end

lipps83
01-15-2018, 06:56 PM
It wasn't just 4th and 1 it was 4th and a foot! That outside run enraged me to no end

Especially since the Jaguars just blew up a wide sweep a few plays before. It was one of the most ridiculous 4th down calls I have ever seen in 30 years of watching football. There was no way we were going to beat them wide.

NCSteeler
01-15-2018, 07:00 PM
Brady walks on the field 4th and one is there anyone on the planet that doubts he's taking it for the first down? A sweep that didn't work a few plays before. I would have sent Haley home right then and there.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

FrancoLambert
01-15-2018, 07:19 PM
Romo (on Sat.) and Fouts both noted from watching film that the Jaguars D was susceptible to middle runs between the tackles.

We did it a few times with success. Yet, Haley stubbornly kept going wide. I guess Tomlin was OK with his fourth down calls.

NCSteeler
01-15-2018, 07:34 PM
Romo (on Sat.) and Fouts both noted from watching film that the Jaguars D was susceptible to middle runs between the tackles.

We did it a few times with success. Yet, Haley stubbornly kept going wide. I guess Tomlin was OK with his fourth down calls.Yeah he said that us his post game. Makes him looks stupid

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk