PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Pittsburgh Steelers: Mission Failed

Edman
01-14-2018, 08:03 PM
Sucks, but its true.

The goal this season was to have a team capable of getting past New England and get to the Super Bowl.

Not only did they not beat New England (again), they couldn't beat an upstart Jaguars team with Blake Bortles at home, despite scoring 42 points.

This is easily one of the more disappointing seasons for sure. The 2017 season is a complete and total washout, and this debacle will be tough to live down. This Offseason will be interesting for sure. Maybe 2018 will be spent more doing and less talking, but we'll see.

Congratulations to the Jaguars.

fansince'76
01-14-2018, 08:05 PM
Come off the ledge. Yeesh...

Oh, and we DID beat NE. Bullshit call.

st33lersguy
01-14-2018, 08:35 PM
2017 was a Super Bowl win or Bust year. They underachieved. This team was not as good as their soft schedule aided 13 wins would indicate anyway. Most of their wins were games in which they barely beat garbage and mediocre teams. Oh and despite playing only 4 teams that won 10 or more games, they only managed a point differential of +98 slightly better than that of a Ravens team (+92) that got themselves knocked out of playoff contention by the Bengirls of all teams. The offense took over half the season to get going and numerous young high draft picks on defense regressed. This season truly was a failure

SteelerFanInStl
01-14-2018, 09:33 PM
After having been in the AFCCG last season, my goal was the Super Bowl. I'm disappointed primarily because the defense didn't make the progress that I expected.

Steel Warrior
01-14-2018, 09:59 PM
I think the D was the biggest disappointment this year, and this game highlighted that. The BILLS held them to 10 points on the road and we gave up 38 at home?
I don't know what the answer is, coaching,? players,? but the D sucks. I don't think we fix it in the draft, need to bring in a veteran LB, DT, CB, and/or FS/SS that can
make an immediate impact.

EzraTank
01-14-2018, 11:19 PM
We were the only team with a bye that lost. Fucking sad and disappointing.

Sorry but this loss was all on coaching.

SteelMayhem72
01-14-2018, 11:23 PM
Sorry I wasn't in here today. My wife has been in a coma for 4 days and my mind is not on football at all. I heard what happened and it doesn't surprise me. Hopefully see y'all next season.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

tube517
01-15-2018, 05:04 AM
I had high expectations as well. The 2015 and 16 teams made great progress in the playoffs. I was expecting to move on further.

That's life. I'm glad Ben is playing his ass off and looks like he'll be back.

Count Steeler
01-15-2018, 05:13 AM
I'm ok with this season. I would be more dissatisfied if we walked into Foxborough and get beat by some BS calls by the refs. No chance the Jags are going to win next week. I am fully prepared to see some amazing BS calls by the refs. I think the league wants a 3 year repeater and they want to give it to the Pats*.

Wrestling is entertaining to watch, because you know it is fake and you can kind of predict the outcomes. The NFL is almost at the same point.

While we did not play well enough to win yesterday and I am not blaming the refs, but how they did not throw any flags on the Ben cow rustling tackle and some of the PI non calls. Simply dumbfounding.

stillers4me
01-15-2018, 05:30 AM
Sorry I wasn't in here today. My wife has been in a coma for 4 days and my mind is not on football at all. I heard what happened and it doesn't surprise me. Hopefully see y'all next season.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry. I hope your wife makes a full recovery. Please let us know how she is doing. :hug:

tube517
01-15-2018, 05:36 AM
The 1996 Jaguars did this to the 13-3 Broncos in the playoffs.

Maybe Ben follows his idol Elway's lead and comes back to win another one.

86WARD
01-15-2018, 07:21 AM
Let’s hope...that “window” is closing fast...

Steeldude
01-15-2018, 07:24 AM
Sucks, but its true.

The goal this season was to have a team capable of getting past New England and get to the Super Bowl.

Not only did they not beat New England (again), they couldn't beat an upstart Jaguars team with Blake Bortles at home, despite scoring 42 points.

This is easily one of the more disappointing seasons for sure. The 2017 season is a complete and total washout, and this debacle will be tough to live down. This Offseason will be interesting for sure. Maybe 2018 will be spent more doing and less talking, but we'll see.

Congratulations to the Jaguars.

No big deal, but did you see those cool and original TD celebrations this past season? I can't wait to see what they have in store next year. It's all about celebrating, not winning.

86WARD
01-15-2018, 07:26 AM
The TD celebrations were actually a fun part of the season this year...lol

Steeldude
01-15-2018, 08:16 AM
The TD celebrations were actually a fun part of the season this year...lol

I would rather have the team practicing football plays/strategies and being focused on the entire game. I know, I am more of a Chuck Noll than a Tomlin-type person : )

plenewken
01-15-2018, 08:23 AM
Bottom line, we haven't had a championship caliber D for almost a decade now and we all know D wins championships. JAX scored 75 pts in 2 games against the Steelers this season. Pathetic!

Hawkman
01-15-2018, 08:27 AM
Bottom line, we haven't had a championship caliber D for almost a decade now and we all know D wins championships. JAX scored 75 pts in 2 games against the Steelers this season. Pathetic!

A strange point, .....the Bears and the Jags both beat our division.

steelerdude15
01-15-2018, 08:34 AM
The 1996 Jaguars did this to the 13-3 Broncos in the playoffs.

Maybe Ben follows his idol Elway's lead and comes back to win another one.

Or two.