PDA

View Full Version : Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots*

hawaiiansteeler
01-14-2018, 07:39 PM
Jaguars troll Steelers for looking ahead to Patriots

ESPN

The Pittsburgh Steelers were certainly looking forward to a playoff rematch with the New England Patriots. Coach Mike Tomlin talked about it before the teams met in Week 15, and safety Mike Mitchell guaranteed a victory over New England before the playoffs even started.

to read rest of article:

http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/24499/jaguars-troll-steelers-for-looking-ahead-to-patriots

st33lersguy
01-14-2018, 07:40 PM
With idiots like Mitchell and Bell pretty much guaranteeing a win (with Mitchell guaranteeing a win over the Cheaters), you can expect that. Of course Mitchell should probably learn to cover the deep ball before his stupid mouth

hawaiiansteeler
01-14-2018, 07:46 PM
With Big Ben back, the Steelers' championship window is wide open

Dan Graziano
ESPN Staff Writer

PITTSBURGH -- The shouts echo down the long, chilly concrete hallway beneath Heinz Field. The locker rooms are close enough that you can hear the winners celebrating while you watch the losers shuffle in silently. In the moments after the Jaguars’ stunning 45-42 victory here Sunday, vanquished Steelers could hear jubilant Jaguars quite clearly.

“Where’s Mitchell?” they shouted, looking for safety Mike Mitchell, who was quoted in a Sports Illustrated story this week talking about a seemingly inevitable Steelers-Patriots rematch. “We want Mike! Get 23 out here!”

to read rest of article:

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/266639/with-big-ben-back-the-steelers-championship-window-is-wide-open

SteelerFanInStl
01-14-2018, 07:47 PM
Yawn. The media can spin this however they wish. The Steelers weren't looking past the Jags.

teegre
01-14-2018, 07:51 PM
Yawn. The media can spin this however they wish. The Steelers weren't looking past the Jags.

Exactly.
The Steelers spent their bye week studying/practicing for the Jaguars.

The Jaguars won; so, they get to say what they want (right or wrong). It’s the spoils of victory.

Iron Steeler
01-14-2018, 07:52 PM
We deserve all the trolls.

Remember last years AB live stream incident , you hear Ben say stay off social media and lets keep to ourselves and stay focused.

Well this year they dis the exact opposite, including Ben. Our defense has no credibility to be talking this much junk. And why as a QB would you put anymore pressure on yourself and the team. Although and the WRs and Bell were fantastic.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-14-2018, 09:14 PM
With idiots like Mitchell and Bell pretty much guaranteeing a win (with Mitchell guaranteeing a win over the Cheaters), you can expect that. Of course Mitchell should probably learn to cover the deep ball before his stupid mouth

Yup, Mike Mitchell talks a big game and then when it comes time to play a big game.....he is nowhere.

It may or may not be next season, but I will eventually be very happy when Mike Mitchell is not taking up space in the Steelers secondary.

st33lersguy
01-14-2018, 09:24 PM
Yup, Mike Mitchell talks a big game and then when it comes time to play a big game.....he is nowhere.

It may or may not be next season, but I will eventually be very happy when Mike Mitchell is not taking up space in the Steelers secondary.

Hopefully they cut him, instead of paying him $8 million to get burned by the deep ball over and over again

SteelerFanInStl
01-14-2018, 09:25 PM

They need to get rid of him. I don't want to see him on the Steelers next year.

86WARD
01-14-2018, 09:58 PM

When the head coach comes out in an interview and overlooks the Jaguars and says he looks forward to playing the Patriots for a second time, it gives that impression...

Shoes
01-14-2018, 10:00 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/14/david-decastro-on-teams-pregame-obsession-with-patriots-its-embarrassing-and-stupid/

86WARD
01-14-2018, 10:04 PM
Wish more players were like DeCastro...

Social media is terrible.

JayC
01-14-2018, 10:09 PM
i hate having a stupid head coach. tomlin is a dumbfuck.

EzraTank
01-14-2018, 11:15 PM
Their "vaunted" defense just gave up 42 points to us. Do they really think Belichick's defense will let Blake Bortles score 45 points? LOL, the Patriots are going to blow their doors off. I see a 35-10 win for the Pats.

stillers4me
01-15-2018, 05:39 AM
So the media calls US out but this is called confidence. I call them Cocky Bastards and like I said in previous posts, rather look forward to reality blowing up their world. Along with some strategically timed PI calls :lol:. Then I can ignore the Pats* "winning" another Superbowl.

86WARD
01-15-2018, 07:15 AM
Jaguars can troll the Steelers all they want and they can do it all week...it’s great for them...they won. It’s great to see them acting like they won the “Super Bowl”. While they spend time doing that, the Patriots forgot who they played Sunday and are focused on beating the Jaguars. Jacksonville can keep talking all they want about the Steelers. It’s not getting them anywhere but a plane ticket home.

Steeldude
01-15-2018, 07:20 AM
Wish more players were like DeCastro...

Social media is terrible.

And Heath Miller.

Hawkman
01-15-2018, 07:51 AM

Geeeeeee so profound!

lipps83
01-15-2018, 08:02 AM
So the media calls US out but this is called confidence. I call them Cocky Bastards and like I said in previous posts, rather look forward to reality blowing up their world. Along with some strategically timed PI calls :lol:. Then I can ignore the Pats* "winning" another Superbowl.

I think the difference between what some Steelers were doing and this, is Ramsey isn't calling out any specific team. Every team should expect to win the Super Bowl, that is the entire point of the season from the first game of the season. Steelers were specifically mentioning the Pats without even having played the Jaguars first.

Context is key.

AtlantaDan
01-15-2018, 08:31 AM
I think the difference between what some Steelers were doing and this, is Ramsey isn't calling out any specific team. Every team should expect to win the Super Bowl, that is the entire point of the season from the first game of the season. Steelers were specifically mentioning the Pats without even having played the Jaguars first.

Context is key.

The context is he said it last night at a stadium rally, not in September

With three teams left and New England being the team he is playing next week there is no question who he is saying the Jags will beat next week

If Mitchell is getting roasted for saying the Steelers would beat the Pats the next time they played without mentioning the Jags (at the time Mitchell made his comment in December the Steelers did not know who they would play in the first round of the playoffs) this appears to fit that context - of course since many of us have seen enough of Mitchell's and Bell's conduct over the years while watching Tomlin's teams repeatedly look unprepared the context is we are going to blast them for their comments as opposed to a player most of us know little about

FWIW the Tomlin, Bell and Mitchell comments gave the Jags entitlement to talk trash postgame but I find it hard to believe it was much of a factor in the Steelers getting their ass kicked for the first 20 minutes of the game and digging a hole they could not get out of - thank Tomlin, Haley, Butler, Ben throwing a bad pick and the defense getting crushed for that

I also think DeCastro's comments were directed at frustration with the entire manner by which this team rolls rather than just the comments he noted

vasteeler
01-15-2018, 09:10 AM

:doh2: this statement says something about your IQ if you ask me

st33lersguy
01-15-2018, 09:50 AM

Jalen Ramsey comes across as a jackass, and that entire Jags organization (or the small number of their trashy fanbase) doesn't seem like they have any class either

hawaiiansteeler
01-15-2018, 01:50 PM
Joe Starkey: Humiliating loss should have Art Rooney II demanding change

JOE STARKEY
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
JAN 14, 2018

“We should win it all.” — Mike Tomlin, in November.

“We’re going to play [the Patriots] again. We can play them in hell, we can play them in Haiti, we can play them in New England. We’re gonna win.” — Mike Mitchell, three weeks ago.

“I’ll give you guys one guess who you think I wanna play.” — Ben Roethlisberger, two weeks ago.

“I love round 2s … we’ll have two round 2s in back to back weeks …” — Le’Veon Bell, late Saturday night.

When you talk that way and win, you’re the Dallas Cowboys of the 1990s. You got swagger.

When you talk that way and lose — in your opening playoff game, at home, as a heavy favorite, no less — you’re a punch line. And today, friends, the entire football world is laughing at the Steelers. The guys who couldn’t stop talking about a game that will never happen.

Thank God it didn’t, right? After watching Blake freakin’ Bortles carve this defense like a Christmas ham, what would Tom Brady have done?

“They acted like we didn’t destroy them the first time around,” Jaguars safety Barry Church said. “We dominated those fools [in October].”

to read rest of article:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/joe-starkey/2018/01/14/Joe-Starkey-Humiliating-loss-should-have-Art-Rooney-II-demanding-change/stories/201801140220

Mojouw
01-15-2018, 02:39 PM
Notice how the article has ZERO analysis? It is simply ranting and sprinkling some quotes around. Here is the ONLY line of analysis:

"His defense was laughably inept, blowing assignments all over the place."

Overall the piece is an opinion statement or what could technically be called a "persuasive essay" - remember those back in school? So if I was evaluating this from one of my students -- I would respond with this to the above quote -- "Such As? Blanket statements without evidence based support may be true, but are not an effective tool to communicate your point."

Remember, Mr. Starkey executing your assignment properly but still getting beat is not the same as "blowing your assignment". For instance, Sean Spence was in the correct gap and flowing to proper side of the field numerous times - he just did it with Jags blockers all over him and keeping him from making a play.

Mach1
01-15-2018, 02:45 PM
The only stat you need...
45-42

stillers4me
01-15-2018, 04:06 PM
Maybe the Jags should be calling out the media. All I've heard out of them everywhere is how "Pittsburgh and NE were on a collision course in Foxboro". This is a completely media created story. So 2 boneheads out of 53 on the Steelers mentioned the Patriots ....... boohoo call a wambulance. They were pretty chippy themselves, talking about the Steelers all week. I certainly didn't see them giving any respect to their opponent.

So they felt "disrespected"???? Wait till Tom Brady* spikes the ball in the endzone right in their faces.

fansince'76
01-15-2018, 04:53 PM
Maybe the Jags should be calling out the media. All I've heard out of them everywhere is how "Pittsburgh and NE were on a collision course in Foxboro". This is a completely media created story. So 2 boneheads out of 53 on the Steelers mentioned the Patriots ....... boohoo call a wambulance. They were pretty chippy themselves, talking about the Steelers all week. I certainly didn't see them giving any respect to their opponent.

So they felt "disrespected"???? Wait till Tom Brady* spikes the ball in the endzone right in their faces.

Yep. They're not going to get away with holding receivers' jerseys all over the field in Foxboro...