PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben Roethlisberger The Ultimate Warrior

Iron Steeler
01-14-2018, 06:15 PM
God I love this guy. With 10 seconds left 2 scores to go he never gave up. Hurrying people WRs to the line that looked like they gave up. Coming back from a Int and a fumble TD to throw 5 TDs.

We are spoiled to have him as a QB. He needs one more ring before he hangs his cleats up.

Psycho Ward 86
01-14-2018, 06:17 PM
I still think he'll end up with 1 more ring. I know im not alone

SteelerFanInStl
01-14-2018, 06:20 PM
Yinzers need to appreciate what they have in Ben. I'm preparing for another dry spell after he retires just like when Terry was gone. Hopefully it won't be as long.

teegre
01-14-2018, 06:21 PM
I still think he'll end up with 1 more ring. I know im not alone

This loss reminds me of 2004... and BB being “driven” to win it all in 2005.

The 2018 season will end with him hoisting the Lombardi. :nod:

Steelerchad
01-14-2018, 06:31 PM
that's what I thought after last year. This D is more than a year away I'm afraid.

Craic
01-14-2018, 06:36 PM
God I love this guy. With 10 seconds left 2 scores to go he never gave up. Hurrying people WRs to the line that looked like they gave up. Coming back from a Int and a fumble TD to throw 5 TDs.

We are spoiled to have him as a QB. He needs one more ring before he hangs his cleats up.

Yep, I'll say it again. Ben sucked (by Ben standards) in the first half of this year. However, to have the mental fortitude to pull yourself up by the bootstraps and have the type of second half he had was pretty amazing. Even in this game, although Ben had two turnovers, one of which going for a TD, he lit it up in the second half.

In many ways, this game was a microcosm of Ben's year. Hesitant, sucky first half, unbelievable second half.

86WARD
01-14-2018, 06:39 PM
Ben’s the greatest QB in Steelers history. There won’t be a better one.

Craic
01-14-2018, 06:43 PM
Ben’s the greatest QB in Steelers history. There won’t be a better one.

Not sure I'd go that far. In the big game, I think I'd still prefer Terry.

pczach
01-14-2018, 07:01 PM
Not sure I'd go that far. In the big game, I think I'd still prefer Terry.

I wonder how much you'd love Terry if he played with this defense?

86WARD
01-14-2018, 07:04 PM

In the Super Bowls he kinda did...lol.

pczach
01-14-2018, 07:14 PM
In the Super Bowls he kinda did...lol.

In Super Bowl IX the Vikings scored 6 points.

In Super Bowl X the Cowboys scored 17.

In Super Bowl XIII the Cowboys scored 31.

In Super Bowl XIV the Rams scored 19.

Terry's defense gave up 73 points in four combined games and in only one game did they give up more than 19 points. Ben's defense just gave up 45 points in one game. Sometimes I just don't understand the comments that some people make if you actually saw these games played and understand the teams they were played against.

tube517
01-14-2018, 07:16 PM

As great as the Steel Curtain was, Terry had to bail them out or seal it in the 4th quarter of every game.

fansince'76
01-14-2018, 07:17 PM

Terry's defense gave up 73 points in four combined games and in only one game did they give up more than 19 points. Ben's defense just gave up 45 points in one game. Sometimes I just don't understand the comments that some people make if you actually saw these games played and understand the teams they were played against.

Yep. And in SB XIII, the Cowboys were down 35-17 with about 6 minutes to go in the 4th quarter when the Steelers went prevent.

Oh, and Staubach was just a little better than Bortles...

pczach
01-14-2018, 07:19 PM
Yep. And in SB XIII, the Cowboys were down 35-17 with about 6 minutes to go in the 4th quarter when the Steelers went prevent.

Oh, and Staubach was just a little better than Bortles...

I literally can't understand what people are even looking at or talking about sometimes. It's just pure fantasy revisionist history.

FrancoLambert
01-14-2018, 07:26 PM
I literally can't understand what people are even looking at or talking about sometimes. It's just pure fantasy revisionist history.

I get it.

You believe Ben is clearly better than Terry and it's not even close. OK. :lala:

fansince'76
01-14-2018, 07:28 PM
I get it.

You believe Ben is clearly better than Terry and it's not even close. OK. :lala:

I remember vividly Bradshaw's (beautiful) rainbow passes to Stallworth in XIV, for example, but I also remember his 3 ugly picks in that game too.

Ben's the better QB and Terry had the better team, in my humble opinion.

Mojouw
01-14-2018, 07:48 PM
Bradshaw would get absolutely owned in this day and age. Ben is the superior QB in all but SB wins.

Anyone see that Americas Game episode where Terry rattles I'm about what coverage the Raiders were in and why he switched to this or that. Then they cut to some dude from the Raiders and he absolutely clowns Bradshaw for being wrong on ever part of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fansince'76
01-14-2018, 08:02 PM
Bradshaw would get absolutely owned in this day and age. Ben is the superior QB in all but SB wins.

Anyone see that Americas Game episode where Terry rattles I'm about what coverage the Raiders were in and why he switched to this or that. Then they cut to some dude from the Raiders and he absolutely clowns Bradshaw for being wrong on ever part of it.

http://a.espncdn.com/i/eticket/20090121/photos/etick_hollywood01_td_850.jpg

:chuckle:

Lady Steel
01-14-2018, 08:16 PM

Yep. He truly does carry the weight of his team on his back. Heaven forbid, though, if he has one bad game. People go nuts and start having "thoughts." :rolleyes3: :lol:

pczach
01-14-2018, 08:28 PM
I get it.

Somebody said Terry's defenses were this bad in the Super Bowls as the one Ben played with today. I posted the points given up in those games to show that they're as wrong as wrong can be, and you're making it sound like I'm throwing Terry under the bus.

How does someone compare the Steel Curtain defense to what we saw today? Come on.

fansince'76
01-14-2018, 08:37 PM
How does someone compare the Steel Curtain defense to what we saw today? Come on.

Can't. Even with the '79 D, which was noticeably in decline already, the Steelers win by 3 TDs+ today.

86WARD
01-14-2018, 09:54 PM

13 was won because of Terry. The defense was pretty much a no show that day. It’s a similar situation to today’s playoff game. Sure it wasnt as piss poor as today and no one is saying the two defenses are remotely close to being equal...the situation though was similar and point is, Bradshaw showed up for that game. He’s not as terrible as people try to make him out to be sometimes. I mean the guy won 4 Super Bowls and he contributed to those wins. Even with that, I’d take Ben 100 out of 100 games over Bradshaw. As stated earlier, IMO, he’s the best ever to play and there won’t be a better one in Pittsburgh.

Craic
01-14-2018, 10:04 PM
Yep. He truly does carry the weight of his team on his back. Heaven forbid, though, if he has one bad game. People go nuts and start having "thoughts." :rolleyes3: :lol:

It's time you get off my leg, I'm even embarrassed for you at this point. :rolleyes:

BlackAndGold
01-15-2018, 12:39 AM

pczach
01-15-2018, 04:49 AM
13 was won because of Terry. The defense was pretty much a no show that day. It’s a similar situation to today’s playoff game. Sure it wasnt as piss poor as today and no one is saying the two defenses are remotely close to being equal...the situation though was similar and point is, Bradshaw showed up for that game. He’s not as terrible as people try to make him out to be sometimes. I mean the guy won 4 Super Bowls and he contributed to those wins. Even with that, I’d take Ben 100 out of 100 games over Bradshaw. As stated earlier, IMO, he’s the best ever to play and there won’t be a better one in Pittsburgh.

Terry was awesome in the Super Bowls. None of what I posted was about Terry performing badly. Terry was awesome in the big game.

It was about the defenses he played with compared to what we saw Ben play with today. You made the comment that Terry played with defenses like this one in Super Bowls so I just responded to it.

It's all good. People are blowing off steam because of the tough loss.

I guess we'll get 'em next year.:drink:

Count Steeler
01-15-2018, 04:58 AM
Why do we have to choose between Terry and Ben? Same BS with Cowher and Tomlin. They are all Steelers and they are/were committed to winning. Why don't they win it every year? Because there are 30 other teams with the same goal. Sometimes the play makers are not wearing black and gold on Sunday.

zulater
01-15-2018, 10:34 AM
Wonder what kind of numbers Ben could put up against the Steelers defense?

Lady Steel
01-15-2018, 10:41 AM
It's time you get off my leg, I'm even embarrassed for you at this point. :rolleyes:

Oh, you poor thing. I'm not embarrassed at all. You sure seem to be, though, as well you should be. Ben should not have been benched like your "thoughts" wanted. You're just not man enough to admit it. That's not on me. :lol:

Craic
01-15-2018, 11:06 AM
Oh, you poor thing. I'm not embarrassed at all. You sure seem to be, though, as well you should be. Ben should not have been benched like your "thoughts" wanted. You're just not man enough to admit it. That's not on me. :lol:

She tries so hard . . . except in reading comprehension.

Have fun trolling.

Lady Steel
01-15-2018, 11:10 AM
She tries so hard . . . except in reading comprehension.

Have fun trolling.

Oh, quit your bawling already. It's so unbecoming.

Craic
01-15-2018, 11:12 AM
Terry was awesome in the Super Bowls. None of what I posted was about Terry performing badly. Terry was awesome in the big game.

It was about the defenses he played with compared to what we saw Ben play with today.

That's true. On the other hand, Terry also played with wide receivers that were legally being mugged every play, and in an era that the offensive lineman couldn't use their hands to block. On top of that, if we're comparing eras at that level, we also have to remember things like 24/7/365 conditioning, advances in medicine and understanding the body, and how they and other things would have affected the older players had they grown up in today's game.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, quit your bawling already. It's so unbecoming.

LMAO. Tell you what, stay off my leg and we can just let this go. It's getting boring. Plus, I'm sure we both have better things to do including posting about our Steelers. agreed?

Lady Steel
01-15-2018, 11:19 AM
LMAO. Tell you what, stay off my leg and we can just let this go. It's getting boring. Plus, I'm sure we both have better things to do including posting about our Steelers. agreed?

Then don't post stupid shit and we're in agreement.

Craic
01-15-2018, 11:29 AM
Then don't post stupid shit and we're in agreement.

Sigh.

Reading compreh . . . Nope, not worth it.

Lady Steel
01-15-2018, 11:33 AM
Sigh.

Reading compreh . . . Nope, not worth it.

I knew you wouldn't let it go. Your ego simply won't allow it. :lol:

Craic
01-15-2018, 11:34 AM
I knew you wouldn't let it go. Your ego simply won't allow it. :lol:
http://www.catdumb.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/3-3.gif

Lady Steel
01-15-2018, 11:37 AM
http://www.catdumb.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/3-3.gif

Post reported.

NCSteeler
01-15-2018, 11:41 AM
Well that thread ran off the road quickly. Damn must be off-season!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

pczach
01-15-2018, 11:44 AM

We somehow went from praising Ben as the ultimate warrior to a dog humping a human foot.

Only after a big loss...

vasteeler
01-15-2018, 11:48 AM
Anyway.... Thank God Ben is not retiring. I love watching him play and rue the day he hangs it up.

Lady Steel
01-15-2018, 11:50 AM

Yeah, because Craic got his feelwings hurt. :lol:

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2016-01/27/9/enhanced/webdr02/anigif_original-8970-1453906367-4.gif

tube517
01-15-2018, 11:52 AM
We somehow went from praising Ben as the ultimate warrior to a dog humping a human foot.

Only after a big loss...

Well, another thread had a dog shitting.

SU is full of dog lovers!!! :chuckle:

vasteeler
01-15-2018, 11:53 AM
Wonder what kind of numbers Ben could put up against the Steelers defense?

750 yards passing 8 TDS, 150 yrds rushing 2 TDS

pczach
01-15-2018, 11:55 AM
Well, another thread had a dog shitting.

SU is full of dog lovers!!! :chuckle:

Ultimate Bengal is unleashed!:lol:

Born2Steel
01-15-2018, 12:01 PM
I think this is supposed to be a 'Thanks you Ben for being you' thread. Not a 'who was better' thread. We've had plenty of those already.

Craic
01-15-2018, 05:55 PM
Yeah, because Craic got his feelwings hurt. :lol:

http://www.evan-roth.com/photos/data/gifs/web/dog-humps-old-lady-o.gif

DesertSteel
01-15-2018, 07:14 PM

True........ but I felt the same thing from last year's sting.

steel striker
01-16-2018, 11:15 AM
What a game Ben played he brought them back in the to one score twice and, damn I thought the Steelers had mo are their side. Ben never gave up and, he is the greatest QB that Steelers will ever have.

Edman
01-16-2018, 12:35 PM
True........ but I felt the same thing from last year's sting.

Ben wanted to retire after the AFCC game.