PDA

View Full Version : Ben's not retiring

SteelerFanInStl
01-14-2018, 04:16 PM

Fire Goodell
01-14-2018, 04:18 PM
Good, but I'm not sure about Bell. Can we win one without him?

fansince'76
01-14-2018, 04:20 PM
It took him 9 games this season to finally get going. When does the pounding become too much and he falls off the cliff for good?

Speaking of which, another nice no-call when he got taken to the ground well after releasing the ball (again). :coffee:

SteelerFanInStl
01-14-2018, 04:24 PM
It took him 9 games this season to finally get going. When does the pounding become too much and he falls off the cliff for good?

I think that Ben has proven this year that he's as capable as he's ever been. He played great again today.

- - - Updated - - -

No, we can't win the SB without Bell. We need him.

Lady Steel
01-14-2018, 04:28 PM

Yay! See, I asked Ben not to retire, so he isn't. :chuckle:

- - - Updated - - -

SteelerFanInStl
01-14-2018, 04:30 PM
Yay! See, I asked Ben not to retire, so he isn't. :chuckle:

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, those are the two tweets that tell me for sure that Ben's coming back.

vader29
01-14-2018, 04:34 PM
Takes a little sting out of the loss knowing he will be back.

pczach
01-14-2018, 04:54 PM
My goodness. If the offense stays intact they will be incredible. Ben gave absolutely everything he had today. So did AB, Bell, Rogers, Bryant...all of them. They played their asses off and never gave up. Very proud of the offense for the effort against that defense.

They need to keep Haden, and if they can add another athletic ILB or two and a great safety in the draft....wow! More D and maybe a TE.

AND.....if, God willing, Ryan Shazier can come back to this roster with even more depth and talent.......they won't be stopped.

Craic
01-14-2018, 04:56 PM
My goodness. If the offense stays intact they will be incredible. Ben gave absolutely everything he had today. So did AB, Bell, Rogers, Bryant...all of them. They played their asses off and never gave up. Very proud of the offense for the effort against that defense.

They need to keep Haden, and if they can add another athletic ILB or two and a great safety in the draft....wow! More D and maybe a TE.

AND.....if, God willing, Ryan Shazier can come back to this roster with even more depth and talent.......they won't be stopped.
I seriously doubt Ryan S. will be back. In fact, I kind of hope he isn't back. I'd rather see him get his ability to walk back, then retire and spend the time with his family.

SteelerFanInStl
01-14-2018, 04:59 PM
I seriously doubt Ryan S. will be back. In fact, I kind of hope he isn't back. I'd rather see him get his ability to walk back, then retire and spend the time with his family.

My thoughts regarding Ryan are the same. I want him to get healthy and be able to live a normal life. Playing football again is way down on the priority list no matter how much Steeler fans want him back.

teegre
01-14-2018, 05:02 PM
That’s good news.

Better news would have been seeing him go out on top. Obviously.

(One season too early for option #2.)

Count Steeler
01-14-2018, 05:02 PM
Draft heavy on defense and look for a good value at RB.

Iron Steeler
01-14-2018, 05:06 PM
Draft heavy on defense and look for a good value at RB.

Or ben restructure his contract to keep Bell

teegre
01-14-2018, 05:07 PM
BB isn’t retiring.

But... Le’Veon Bell is. :stirthepot:

pczach
01-14-2018, 05:08 PM

That's Ryan's decision to make as a man if he's lucky enough to recover to that point. In my heart I hope he walks away, but he may not want to. That is his decision alone. Not yours or mine.

That's all I'm saying.

lipps83
01-14-2018, 05:52 PM

They won 6 and appeared in 8 total without him, so I am pretty sure they can.

SteelerFanInStl
01-14-2018, 05:54 PM
They won 6 and appeared in 8 total without him, so I am pretty sure they can.

There's no one currently on the roster that can even come close to replacing Bell. Without a running game, we don't sniff a SB.

Craic
01-14-2018, 05:55 PM
That's Ryan's decision to make as a man if he's lucky enough to recover to that point. In my heart I hope he walks away, but he may not want to. That is his decision alone. Not yours or mine.

That's all I'm saying.

Um, not sure I ever said it was my decision. All I said was that I kind of hope he isn't back because I'd like to see him be able to walk the rest of his life and spend time with the family. Not sure why you believe I thought it was anything but.

GBMelBlount
01-14-2018, 05:57 PM
I think that Ben has proven this year that he's as capable as he's ever been. He played great again today.

- - - Updated - - -

No, we can't win the SB without Bell. We need him.

We can win a Superbowl without Bell.

His running stats have become very average.

Craic
01-14-2018, 05:58 PM
There's no one currently on the roster that can even come close to replacing Bell. Without a running game, we don't sniff a SB.

I'd really like to see us get a big guy that can close games out and pound the ball when we have to. In today's game, Bell's running style was a hindrance because he was never going to wear people out. Now, had he hit the secondary often, he'd wear them out well with both his running and hitting. But, coming through the hole, today we needed a big guy to make people hurt and dread even meeting the RB.

SteelerFanInStl
01-14-2018, 05:58 PM
We can win a Superbowl without Bell.

His running stats have become very average.

Really? What team have you been watching for the last 2 years? Who fucking cares about ypc? That's one single stat out of many that Bell puts up.

stillers4me
01-14-2018, 06:01 PM
My thoughts regarding Ryan are the same. I want him to get healthy and be able to live a normal life. Playing football again is way down on the priority list no matter how much Steeler fans want him back.

My thoughts exactly. But, I'm very sure that playing football again is what is driving his recovery.