PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin didn't win a superbowl with Cowher's team...

Steelerette
01-14-2018, 04:16 PM
...Cowher and Tomlin won Superbowls with Colbert's team.

Now imagine Colbert's team over the past 18 years with some dynamic, disciplined coaching that didn't have the team come out flat, or unable to adjust on defense...

SteelerFanInStl
01-14-2018, 04:17 PM
We need better coaching. Period, end of story.

Shoes
01-14-2018, 04:18 PM

It's never a coaching problem here, you know that! :chuckle:

hawaiiansteeler
01-14-2018, 04:30 PM
It's never a coaching problem here, you know that! :chuckle:

what we really need is to draft a TE in the first round :wink02:

Craic
01-14-2018, 04:33 PM

At the Defensive Coordinator position, you're absolutely right. At the OC, 50/50. Not a priority, but if it happens, it happens. Special Teams? Despite the blocked punt today, we saw two of our own field goals get blocked and returned this year. So yeah, I'd say enough of that. At head coach? Who do you replace him with that is available and able to do a better job? As I look around, I see no one.

fansince'76
01-14-2018, 04:38 PM
At head coach? Who do you replace him with that is available and able to do a better job? As I look around, I see no one.

COWER!!! :chuckle:

(Yes, misspelling intentional...)

Steelerette
01-14-2018, 04:40 PM
Haley is great at designing plays and scheme. Why not have two offensive coordinators? One for the setup (Haley), one for the gameday execution/adjustments/playcalling. Haley's offense, but this other guy is running it...

Tomlin's a pretty good head coach but he needs to have coordinators that make up for what Tomlin is both lacking and not having time for. For Tomlin to be a HC with a defensive pedigree, and Butler to have been home-grown right under Dick LeBeau, that was a pretty poor showing.

SteelerFanInStl
01-14-2018, 04:47 PM
At the Defensive Coordinator position, you're absolutely right. At the OC, 50/50. Not a priority, but if it happens, it happens. Special Teams? Despite the blocked punt today, we saw two of our own field goals get blocked and returned this year. So yeah, I'd say enough of that. At head coach? Who do you replace him with that is available and able to do a better job? As I look around, I see no one.

Saying that we need better coaching doesn't necessarily mean that the coaches get replaced. It means that they need to do a better job.