PDA

View Full Version : It was a fun season.

DesertSteel
01-14-2018, 03:39 PM
It was a fun season for the most part, sans today and Shazier. It's over. It didn't end the way I wanted, but neither have 40 other seasons in my fandom. Time to move on.

Thanks for for a good season to everybody on Steelers Universe. I'll be talking about the draft soon.

pczach
01-14-2018, 03:46 PM
It was a fun season for the most part, sans today and Shazier. It's over. It didn't end the way I wanted, but neither have 40 other seasons in my fandom. Time to move on.

Thanks for for a good season to everybody on Steelers Universe. I'll be talking about the draft soon.

That was a very disappointing ending. I knew the loss of Shazier was going to be tough with the lack of talent behind him and how much of the defense was designed around him.

It was a fun run. Just exasperated by the bad game plan and execution of the defense.

Praying for Ryan to get healthy and play if he wants to, and to add the necessary pieces to get over the hump.

Fire Goodell
01-14-2018, 03:56 PM
Means jack shit if you end it with such an uninspired performance

BlackAndGold
01-14-2018, 03:58 PM
I see a window closing with no Super Bowl. Nothing fun about it.

JayC
01-14-2018, 04:00 PM
The loss wouldn't hurt so much if our window wasn't closing..But I have a bad feeling we won't have any 13 win seasons for awhile

SteelerCountry58
01-14-2018, 04:06 PM
Hey let’s face it, this team should have lost 6 or 7 games this year. They were not as good as 13-3 that’s for damn sure. Shazier injury was a major blow. All the drama from certain players, lack of discipline and brain farts from Coach “it is what it is” led to an early exit to a weird year. Rooney and co. have some soul searching to do.

Lady Steel
01-14-2018, 04:06 PM
I wanted it this year so badly for Ben and Ryan.

Shoes
01-14-2018, 04:08 PM
I wanted it this year so badly for Ben and Ryan,

You can add AB to the list, I don't think anyone has worked as hard as him. Two amazing TD's today after a calf injury and a few days of having the shits!

Steelerschik
01-14-2018, 04:11 PM
I wanted it this year so badly for Ben and Ryan.

Yeah I mean realistically we all saw these problems with our D all season. Not as bad of a loss as week 5, but worst time of the year to score 42 points and not win. WHO DOES THAT???? But whatever. sadly I'm kinda getting used to getting disappointed in the post season now.

Lady Steel
01-14-2018, 04:20 PM
You can add AB to the list, I don't think anyone has worked as hard as him. Two amazing TD's today after a calf injury and a few days of having the shits!

Yes, most definitely. Antonio is the most hard working man on the team. Just incredible.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I mean realistically we all saw these problems with our D all season. Not as bad of a loss as week 5, but worst time of the year to score 42 points and not win. WHO DOES THAT???? But whatever. sadly I'm kinda getting used to getting disappointed in the post season now.

Maybe we should have a parade. :chuckle:

Seriously, we're not the Browns, so that's a good thing, right?

SteelerFanInStl
01-14-2018, 06:28 PM
I'd say that it was a trying season. After losing in the AFCCG last season, expectations were deservedly high. Lots of close games that shouldn't have been close, judging by the talent on each team. At least we won those games, unlike in seasons past. We got blown out by the Bears. Don't know how that happened. We "lost" to the Patriots when it looked like we had scored the go ahead TD, only to have it taken away by replay. At least we played them better. Moral victories. That's all. It's a disappointment to me.

86WARD
01-14-2018, 06:44 PM
JuJu was fun. The rest of it was filled with unnecessary drama from beginning to the disappointing end...

fansince'76
01-14-2018, 06:49 PM
JuJu was fun. The rest of it was filled with unnecessary drama from beginning to the disappointing end...

Watt, Sutton and Hilton turned out to be very good additions as well. But yeah, I could have done without the drama.

86WARD
01-14-2018, 06:53 PM
Watt, Sutton and Hilton turned out to be very good additions as well. But yeah, I could have done without the drama.

Yes. Very nice additions!!!

FrancoLambert
01-14-2018, 07:37 PM
Many enjoyable moments this season but I'm not big on morale victories.

steelreserve
01-14-2018, 07:47 PM
I can't be angry about it. We deserved to lose that game; it was a pretty damn good season for the most part, but unfortunately we picked the worst time to have an explosive-diarrhea kind of performance.

Lot of positive things to be happy about too - we ought to be a contender next year for sure. Really need to do something about our linebacker problem though.

Born2Steel
01-15-2018, 12:26 PM
Was it a fun season? We won 13 games, but to read it on here, we never really beat anyone. Every week was mostly disgruntled complaining. That's not a lot of fun. I had fun with about half of you guys. Thank you to those posters.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-15-2018, 12:43 PM

Thanks DS, for the most part is was and always is fun. I used to take losses harder so many years ago, but life goes on and if your favorite sports team frustrates you, then you should look for another source of entertainment IMO. Special thanks for you reaching out to me at another site...I had better discussions here. :thumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

Was it a fun season? We won 13 games, but to read it on here, we never really beat anyone. Every week was mostly disgruntled complaining. That's not a lot of fun. I had fun with about half of you guys. Thank you to those posters.

True, nobodys perfect and I prefer to have discussions(at times spirited) about football and not complain as much...but sometimes slide into it. I hope we have fun going forward talking about draft prospects, even the controversial QB's :wink:. If Mayfield shows up at the Senior Bowl and is impressive, I will recognize it and maybe see what you are seeing. :hatsoff:

AtlantaDan
01-15-2018, 12:50 PM

Agreed it was a good season with some disappointments (both Jax games, the Pats game), too much drama (the anthem fiasco was #1), and an event that put in perspective it is only a game compared to what really matters (the Ryan Shazier injury)

It is the relative misfortune of the Steelers and their current fans that their team is playing during the reign of a QB and head coach for the ages. But those of us who were around during the 70s enjoyed the flip side of that situation and for the past 25 years it is not too shabby to have experienced the success we have enjoyed as Steelers fans.

Thanks to everyone (well almost everyone BostonBlackie) for posting these past several months. :drink:

On to next season. :thumbsup:

plenewken
01-15-2018, 02:01 PM
13-3 proved to be very fortunate and the proof of it came right smack in the 1st round of the playoffs by way of another spanking by the Jags.

DesertSteel
01-15-2018, 08:21 PM
Steelers win the Super Bowl in 2018 season!

BlackAndGold
01-16-2018, 07:30 AM
Steelers win the Super Bowl in 2018 season!

Hoping history repeats itself. (10 years ago, bounced by the Jaguars in the playoffs, next year won Super Bowl)