PDA

View Full Version : Le’Veon Bell Prepared To Retire...

86WARD
01-11-2018, 03:32 PM
Answering a question today, Bell said he’s prepared to sit out the 2018 season or retire before he plays on another franchise tag.

Iron Steeler
01-11-2018, 03:35 PM
well thats great to hear

polamalubeast
01-11-2018, 03:41 PM
Firstly, Bell will not sit the whole season and not make 14-15 millions.

But yes, it'll be time to pay this man

pczach
01-11-2018, 03:45 PM
:blah:

Just shut up and play football to the end of the year. Don't get hurt, play your ass off, and help bring home a Lombardi Trophy.

The rest will take care of itself.

Mojouw
01-11-2018, 03:48 PM
Says every franchise tag candidate ever. They all end up playing. Aren't happy about it.

Bell might sit, but I kinda doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fire Goodell
01-11-2018, 04:02 PM
Poor him, he'll be mad about making 12 million a year.

DesertSteel
01-11-2018, 04:06 PM
I hope he retires. The juice of 4 YPC is not worth the squeeze of his aggravation. He has no burst.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a link to these quotes?

polamalubeast
01-11-2018, 04:07 PM
Is there a link to these quotes?

DesertSteel
01-11-2018, 04:13 PM
People who claim that the player has no culpability because he is just answering the question that is asked are so naive.

steelreserve
01-11-2018, 04:17 PM
Either of those would be supremely stupid in terms of actually making money.

I am not opposed to giving him a long-term deal, but it is looking like this is a pretty clear lead-up to him having unrealistic expectations again.

So then he will probably do the same thing - holdout/shitfit through training camp, finally sign the franchise tag right before the opener. It sucks that we are obliged to start every season for the past three years, going on four, without our top offensive weapon. First two from idiot drug suspensions, this year and the next from self-imposed stupidity where he shows up obviously not ready to play and performs poorly for the same length of time, and might as well be suspended.

Does he not realize that had he shown up prepared, he could've easily had a 1,500-yard rushing, 800-plus yard receiving season, led the league in rushing by far, and been the clear #1 back in the league, instead of merely being among the leaders, and could've basically gotten whatever he wanted? That holdout actually cost him money and a ton of leverage.

I know "Yeah, but if it wasn't for that, I would've been #1 so they gotta pay me like I actually was #1." Well, maybe if it only happened once, but with him there's always been a "yeah, but if." Being out or ineffective three times in a row at the start of the season is a genuine liability. Just once I'd like to see what the guy can do with a full year where he's ready to play and there's no drama and there's no bullshit. He WILL get paid a lot.

Sadly, that will probably be with another team, because when he inevitably turns down another huge offer he'll end up with the franchise tag, which means he probably will not even entertain another offer from the Steelers ever again.

vasteeler
01-11-2018, 04:19 PM
Man... Why can't some of these guys just say "no comment" and move on to the next question

DesertSteel
01-11-2018, 04:21 PM
I don't think Bell has ever been accused of being smart.

SteelerFanInStl
01-11-2018, 04:36 PM
I just wish that they'd leave these kind of comments until after the season is over. We've still got games to play.

GoSlash27
01-11-2018, 04:38 PM
I wasn't expecting that comment, and I bet his agent wasn't either. If he want's to stay here, he'll have to restructure. We've got cap space issues.

BlackAndGold
01-11-2018, 05:16 PM
Pay this man his money.

FFS he made the All Pro team as a RB, and flex player.

PAY THE MAN

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
01-11-2018, 05:59 PM
I just wish that they'd leave these kind of comments until after the season is over. We've still got games to play. This!

Fire Goodell
01-11-2018, 06:05 PM
Well, let him test free agency and see if he can be the first RB to break the 370 curse. Good luck kid, history is not on your side

stillers4me
01-11-2018, 06:06 PM
I don't think Bell has ever been accused of being smart.

Joe Haden took less money just to play in Pittsburgh. He probably would be happy playing the playoffs for free.

AtlantaDan
01-11-2018, 06:11 PM
Pay this man his money.

PAY THE MAN

He made it as a flex player because the RB position was already taken by Todd Gurley (aka the best running back in football who bad better stats as a runner and receiver)

Bell - 1291 yds rushing/321 carries (4.0 yds average) & 655 yds receiving/85 receptions (7.7 yd average)
http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/15825/leveon-bell

Gurley - 1305 yds rushing/279 carries (4.7 yds average) & 788 yds receiving/64 receptions (12.3 yd average)
http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/2977644/todd-gurley-ii

Gurley is not getting the $$$ Bell wants either when his contract is up

polamalubeast
01-11-2018, 06:20 PM
I think the steelers should draft a RB very early in the next draft (first 2 round) if Bell don't sign a long term contract.

I know it will be impossible to find a good RB like Bell, especially since Bell is a complete RB (we must not forget his quality as a blocker and receiver) but at the same time, in the second half of the season in 2015, we survived with DeAngelo Williams be being 6-2 with 6 games of more than 30 points in a game.We have almost been in the AFC title game with our 3rd RB and without Brown at Denver.

I mean, the steelers offense is good enough to not have a collapse if our next RB if Bell leaves is good as Williams was in 2015 and the difference is that he would be younger.

I hope that Bell will stay for a few years, but if it's not the case, the steelers must find a RB in the next draft, which is possible, even if he will not be good like Bell, but I have not trust in Conner as receiver and as blocker, but the steelers must find one in the next draft if they are not able to sign a long term deal to Bell.

steelreserve
01-11-2018, 06:25 PM
Here's the stark reality of it. If Bell turns down another deal similar to the one he was offered, he'll play on the franchise tag and the next offer he gets (from someone else) will probably be significantly lower because of his age.

27-year-old running backs are a risk to fall off at any time, and 30-year-old RBs are a near-certainty. So he will probably be getting offers for more like 3 years. Or he'll get a 5-year contract but the last 2-3 of that will be funny money (the team can walk away at any time in the second half of it), and he won't like it.

While going through all this bullshit, he will have decreased his negotiating position because he has roughly 3 years ahead of him instead of 5 that teams will see as reasonably sure that he can still play at a top-5 level. On the other hand, he will have been paid well for the two years in the meantime, to the tune of almost $30 million.

So basically the whole thing is a lot of running around for nothing. He still gets about the same amount of money over the same number of years, only he gets really angry about it, and probably switches teams and pisses a lot of people off.

CHAMPIONSHIP!

GBMelBlount
01-11-2018, 06:28 PM
While I am thankful we have Bell, I think we might get just as much value and lower our risk if we invest the money we are paying Bell in a more affordable top-shelf running back AND a top-shelf tight end, if he retired or does not sign a reasonable deal.

AtlantaDan
01-11-2018, 06:33 PM

Bell tries to walk back what he said by sending a tweet.

Showing some skillz for modern politics with that trick if he decides to retire.

steelreserve
01-11-2018, 06:36 PM
I think we might get just as much value and lower our risk if we invest the money we are paying Bell in a more affordable top-shelf running back AND a top-shelf tight end.

That would be great, but as far as I know, neither one of those is going to be available on the market this year. #feelsbadman

Fire Goodell
01-11-2018, 06:46 PM
That would be great, but as far as I know, neither one of those is going to be available on the market this year. #feelsbadman

Maybe a top flight ILB and extra money to retain our O-line. Bell has had a productive year no doubt, but no RB is worth that kind of money. He's not even the best RB in the league as others have pointed out.

Psycho Ward 86
01-11-2018, 07:00 PM
the superbowl window is closed when Ben retires. That day is imminent. This is probably the rare occasion where I would throw silly money at him to keep him happy long term and backload the contract considerably. Once Ben retires, we'll have a ton of cap relief. That means:

1) We still get to keep Bell
2) If he's still eating up too much cap space and hamstringing the team, trade him
3) Can't trade him because no one wants to pay up? Cut him and bite the bullet on the dead money. It'll suck, but not as bad as it did with Lamaar Woodley when we restructured his contract nonstop + had big QB money tied up. We'll be playoff contenders and not Superbowl contenders at that point anyways

FrancoLambert
01-11-2018, 07:28 PM
All I want from him is a run of three very good games.

Contribute in a big way to get us #7 and if he feels he's underpaid at what....12-14 M/year..... say bye-bye and move on.

Tough to replace but that's happened before and we seem to manage it pretty well.

pczach
01-11-2018, 07:28 PM
Pay this man his money.

PAY THE MAN

I have no problem with them paying him a fair deal....but he's not worth quarterback money......He's not. And I might be his biggest fan.

He deserves a big contract, but $17mil a year for 5 years? That's crazy talk.

All he had to say was what he said in his tweet. He didn't need to drop and atomic bomb on the organization a couple days before their first playoff game. If the fans love the player and are on his side, and he was available for nearly every game, and the team wins big...... the organization feels the pressure even more to sign the man. He's the one that hasn't been available at the beginning and the end of every season. In his tweet, he talks about team. In the interview, it was all about him getting his, and sitting out on his "brothers". Team just left his mind for a moment there.

He's the one asking to be paid like a #1 RB and a #2 WR combined. Nobody made him say that or demand that. He's an amazing talent that I'm ecstatic to have on this team. However, he can't do it by himself. No running back can. If there aren't holes to run through, running backs don't gain a lot of yards. He's a major piece of the offense, but he's still just a piece.

If he really feels this way, let him sit next year or retire. He'll be the one not making any money. You would think a little talk with Joe Haden about playing for a bad organization and a horrible team just isn't worth any amount of money if you can make similar money with a good team and organization.

Like I said in my last post. Just shut up, go out and play your ass, off and win a championship. It goes a long way with people. If he does that, he will get paid. Maybe not what he's asking for....but a lot.

st33lersguy
01-11-2018, 07:36 PM
Sorry, not willing to pay over $15 million a year for a RB, particularly RBs that get injured every year and have known character issues

teegre
01-11-2018, 08:19 PM
Uh... why are we discussing this NOW?????

RunNGun
01-11-2018, 08:37 PM
If he doesn't agree to the tag then it's time to cut him loose. He's a hell of a RB. No question. But we will be hurting in cap space and we have other priorities. Draft one in the first or second round and hope he can bring some of what Bell does to the table.

AtlantaDan
01-11-2018, 08:39 PM

Bell decided three days before a playoff game was the perfect time to reignite the issue

Mission accomplished - it is getting major national coverage

Bell simply raised what all players know. In the NFL the real elephant in the room is knowing you need to get max $$$ ASAP because, as no team knows better than the 2017 Steelers, it can all end suddenly. Consider the possibility the Ryan Shazier catastrophe is a factor in Bell not being in the mood to pretend it is not about getting paid now since otherwise it might be getting paid never.

teegre
01-11-2018, 08:45 PM
Bell decided three days before a playoff game was the perfect time to reignite the issue

Mission accomplished - it is getting major national coverage

Bell simply raised what all players know. In the NFL the real elephant in the room is knowing you need to get max $$$ ASAP because, as no team knows better than the 2017 Steelers, it can all end suddenly. Consider the possibility the Ryan Shazier catastrophe is a factor in Bell not being in the mood to pretend it is not about getting paid now because otherwise it might be getting paid never.

The interesting thing is, I was on Bell’s side... until the bolded part.

Now, he is nothing more than a narcissistic pothead.

Mojouw
01-11-2018, 08:46 PM
Guaranteed contracts with injury, suspension, and criminal protections would fix so much of this nonsense.

If I was Bell I'd want all the money too. At this pace he has 2 more seasons before his body breaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teegre
01-11-2018, 08:52 PM
If I was Bell I'd want all the money too.

Of course.

But, he canNOT get a new contract until the season ends. So, why cause this distraction???

steelreserve
01-11-2018, 09:02 PM
I don't really even see his point. He plays under the franchise tag a second time and he's made a fuck ton of money even by career standards. And I think the team would rather not do it if they don't have to, so just get a fucking deal done.

Why is this even being brought up now? Just some reporter trying to stir up shit? Check his press credentials, I bet they say "Will Welichick."

j-d-s
01-11-2018, 09:12 PM
I say we make him a reasonable contract offer, if he declines, tag him again. If he retires or sits out, we tag him again in 2019. He will be a free agent for the 2020 season, at which point he is 28 and will certainly not get a big contract.

AtlantaDan
01-11-2018, 09:12 PM
Of course.

But, he canNOT get a new contract until the season ends. So, why cause this distraction???

IMO Bell not being happy with his contract is not breaking news to his teammates and is no distraction to the team. Bell is out of damns to give if folks do not want him to talk about it.

If the team has been able to deal with the national anthem cluster and having a teammate currently confined to a wheelchair after an on the field injury I bet they will have no problem handling #26 saying once again he wants to get paid

Mojouw
01-11-2018, 09:18 PM
Of course.

I'm guessing not a single member of the 53 man roster or the coaching staff thought about these comments for more than 2 minutes.

Fans and the media make a ton out of contract relayed statements made by players. Unless he call out teammates or starts making too many "business" decisions on the field, I honestly don't get the distraction narrative. Who is distracted and from what? Does anyone honestly believe that instead of studying their game plan anyone other than Leveon Bell is spending time worrying about what he does this off season?

BlackAndGold
01-11-2018, 09:37 PM
He made it as a flex player because the RB position was already taken by Todd Gurley (aka the best running back in football who bad better stats as a runner and receiver)

Bell - 1291 yds rushing/321 carries (4.0 yds average) & 655 yds receiving/85 receptions (7.7 yd average)
http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/15825/leveon-bell

Gurley - 1305 yds rushing/279 carries (4.7 yds average) & 788 yds receiving/64 receptions (12.3 yd average)
http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/2977644/todd-gurley-ii

Gurley is not getting the $$$ Bell wants either when his contract is up

One season does not make Gurley the best RB in football. Bell had a down season due to missing time during camp and came up 10-13 yards(?) short of Gurley.

Gurley is irrelevant, it's about what Bell does for this team, which is a lot. (Who is to say Gurley won't be asking for that amount also?)

BlackAndGold
01-11-2018, 09:58 PM
This team loves to create drama for the media.

Every week its something new.

steelreserve
01-11-2018, 10:06 PM
One season does not make Gurley the best RB in football. Bell had a down season due to missing time during camp and came up 10-13 yards(?) short of Gurley.

Gurley is irrelevant, it's about what Bell does for this team, which is a lot. (Who is to say Gurley won't be asking for that amount also?)

... and whose fault was that?

He could've been way ahead of Gurley - but guess what, he wasn't, because of his own decision. He could've played from Week 1 the last couple years before that, but he didn't because of his own decision. At this point I would say his track record is to basically miss the first month of the season over stupid shit, since that's now been the majority of his career. So yeah, he plays lights-out for 12 games but finishes behind the guy who played 16, I'd have to say the guy who came ready to play and showed up for all 16 wins that one.

Hawkman
01-11-2018, 10:25 PM

EXACTLY! The only thing I give a crap about, starts at 1:05 on Sunday. Hurry the hell up Sunday.

Lady Steel
01-12-2018, 12:11 AM
*sigh* It's always something.

STHU, Le'Veon, and get out on the field. Geesh.

BlackAndGold
01-12-2018, 03:26 AM
... and whose fault was that?

He could've been way ahead of Gurley - but guess what, he wasn't, because of his own decision. He could've played from Week 1 the last couple years before that, but he didn't because of his own decision. At this point I would say his track record is to basically miss the first month of the season over stupid shit, since that's now been the majority of his career. So yeah, he plays lights-out for 12 games but finishes behind the guy who played 16, I'd have to say the guy who came ready to play and showed up for all 16 wins that one.

It Bells fault, also the o-line didn't help, they struggled also.

I think any NFL fan would agree that Bell is still the best RB in the game. 1 season doesn't change that. I'm sure you didn't believe Julio Jones was better than AB last year(or the year before that), or Zeke Elliot was the best RB in the NFL.

Bell means so much to this team, everyone should be hoping the Steelers sign him to a long term contract.

DesertSteel
01-12-2018, 04:43 AM
Clearly because he got asked a question. No athlete is ever allowed to deflect or change the subject. They are "just answering the question."

:frusty:

teegre
01-12-2018, 06:20 AM
IMO Bell not being happy with his contract is not breaking news to his teammates and is no distraction to the team. Bell is out of damns to give if folks do not want him to talk about it.

If the team has been able to deal with the national anthem cluster and having a teammate currently confined to a wheelchair after an on the field injury I bet they will have no problem handling #26 saying once again he wants to get paid

I mean, I guess that Bell isn’t sleeping during meetings. So, he’s got that going for him.

Count Steeler
01-12-2018, 06:25 AM
Bell to the Pats*? I don't think Uncle Bill would ever pay his running backs that kind of cash.

teegre
01-12-2018, 06:30 AM
I'm guessing not a single member of the 53 man roster or the coaching staff thought about these comments for more than 2 minutes.

Fans and the media make a ton out of contract relayed statements made by players. Unless he call out teammates or starts making too many "business" decisions on the field, I honestly don't get the distraction narrative. Who is distracted and from what? Does anyone honestly believe that instead of studying their game plan anyone other than Leveon Bell is spending time worrying about what he does this off season?

Maybe... maybe not.

AB gets crucified for Facebooking the lockerroom, but somehow, Bell threatening to holdout is not a distraction...???

IMO, what AB did was something all millennials do (ego-centric media stuff). I can understand and forgive that.

And, to iterate, in March, I might have been behind Bell. But, saying it now... IMO, Bell is simply being petulant. A simple answer would have been: “I’m focused on the playoffs and winning a championship. We’ll discuss my contract in the off-season.”

SteelerFanInStl
01-12-2018, 07:33 AM

I agree. Last year Gurley was terrible. This year he was on the top offense in the NFL and was the primary focus. The Rams didn't even have a 1000 yard receiver. Their offense all ran through him. Nothing against Gurley because I like him but let's hold off before we appoint him as the best RB in the NFL.

Bell is a very valuable piece to this team. Anyone who thinks that he can be easily replaced is kidding themselves. I hope that we agree to a new contract with him but I'll leave it up to the front office to decide his worth.

GBMelBlount
01-12-2018, 07:42 AM
As a team, we averaged 3.8 ypc this season.

This is in the bottom quarter of NFL teams.

Why would we pay 14 million a year (or whatever) for a running back who is performing well below average behind one of the best lines in the NFL?

Neversatisfied
01-12-2018, 10:00 AM

Why would we pay 14 million a year (or whatever) for a running back who is performing well below average behind one of the best lines in the NFL?

Bell thinks just because he demands it that the Steelers WILL cave. I hate his attitude and his irresponsible actions, couple that with 3 and a half yards per attempt and they should tag him and draft a RB in the 2nd round and make him take half the snaps.

EzraTank
01-12-2018, 10:13 AM
It's amazing how only making $12 million is so BAD ...

F him. Let him sit or retire.

polamalubeast
01-12-2018, 10:28 AM

2 things

Ben's knee down dropped our YPC a lot....Also, you forget its 85 catchs....

I trust the steelers will make the right decision in the Bell's case.

As I said earlier, we can have a good offense without Bell if his replacement is a very good player (like Williams in 2015 but much younger), but right now, this RB is not in our roster.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe... maybe not.

AB gets crucified for Facebooking the lockerroom, but somehow, Bell threatening to holdout is not a distraction...???

IMO, what AB did was something all millennials do (ego-centric media stuff). I can understand and forgive that.

And, to iterate, in March, I might have been behind Bell. But, saying it now... IMO, Bell is simply being petulant. A simple answer would have been: “I’m focused on the playoffs and winning a championship. We’ll discuss my contract in the off-season.”

If we lose against the jaguars, the critics on Bell will be worse than the critics on Brown last year ....

Mojouw
01-12-2018, 10:41 AM
Maybe... maybe not.

I can totally see where you are coming from and you have a great amount of reason and logic behind your viewpoint. I have just never bought the "distraction" argument. The whole thing rests on a shaky foundation. It makes a central assumption that these guys are basically what goes on at the facility and that's it. Such an assumption is totally unrealistic. They all surely have things going on that are "distracting them".

Someone's marriage is falling apart. Someone is lonely and homesick. Someone has a loved one who is struggling with a health problem. Someone else has to decide how they are going to help out a friend or family member struggling with a rough financial situation. Someone's kids are doing bad in school. Someone has an injury that they have downplayed to the team and trainers but keeps them up at night with worry. I'm sure the list goes on and on for these 53 players plus coaches.

I just have never bought in that nonsense like AB's stuff and players carping about contracts even causes a ripple in NFL locker rooms. I think it feeds the 24/7/365 media beast but in reality is mountains out of molehills and tempests in a teacup kinda stuff. But I could be wrong, I know less about how an NFL locker-room functions than I do about most things.

Mojouw
01-12-2018, 11:04 AM
Heeeeeyyyyyyyyy......what a shock. Fowler "reported" the comments via Twitter and is now admitting that he selectively framed Bell's response. Additionally, Ramon Foster seems to not give a shit.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2018/1/12/16883418/leveon-bell-takes-to-social-media-to-respond-to-backlash-following-his-comments-to-espn-steelers

When are we going to learn that Twitter is not a great forum for actual communication?

polamalubeast
01-12-2018, 11:10 AM
The drama and the distraction for the steelers is really nothing new and it never disturb the steelers.

I don't blame the drama of Antonio Brown for the loss against the pats last year.

steel striker
01-12-2018, 11:21 AM
I like to see him sign with the Steelers but, I don't think any team will pay him he wants. Oh wait maybe Dan Synder in Washington.

AtlantaDan
01-12-2018, 11:21 AM
It Bells fault, also the o-line didn't help, they struggled also.

I think any NFL fan would agree that Bell is still the best RB in the game. 1 season doesn't change that. I'm sure you didn't believe Julio Jones was better than AB last year(or the year before that), or Zeke Elliot was the best RB in the NFL.

Bell means so much to this team, everyone should be hoping the Steelers sign him to a long term contract.

Tomlin has run the wheels off Bell and not surprisingly it is starting to show in his performance

If there is a concern that Bell is being overused, as has been posted repeatedly on this board, it is not a reach to conclude that overuse is starting to show in his performance and that any relative decline will only accelerate

I also hope Bell gets a long term contract with the Steelers, but if he did not accept the Steelers offer last season and his price has not come down it is not going to happen

As far as "any NFL fan would agree Bell is still the best RB in the game" it is not a life achievement award, it is what have you done for me lately and what is the likelihood of a player's performance improving or declining in the future. I do not claim to speak for all NFL fans (of which I am one) as you do but here is one article that disagrees with your position

Ranking the Top Running Backs of 2017 Season

2. Le'Veon Bell, Pittsburgh Steelers

Inside Running: 23/25
Outside Running: 21/25
Receiving: 17/20
Blocking: 17/20
Position Value: 7/10
Overall Grade: 85/100

Le'Veon Bell is simply one of the best running backs in the NFL. He has unrivaled patience with his running, at times coming to a complete stop while he waits for his blocks to develop before suddenly bursting through the hole. He's equally effective running inside, out, gap and zone and will create his own yards regardless of the scheme if he needs to. Bell is also a fantastic receiver and has the ability to move outside or line up in the slot and run routes. Overall, Bell is the model of the modern NFL running back, and between his running and receiving abilities, he can carry an offense.
—NFL1000 running backs scout Mark Bullock

If you took a strong drink every time an announcer mentioned Bell's patience during a broadcast, you'd pass out by halftime. But it's not an overrated factor of Bell's game—he seems to defy the laws of football with his ability to stand behind the line and wait with an agonizing patience for holes to open up. Then, of course, he has the power and speed to create big plays. What isn't talked about enough, though, is that Bell is the best receiving back in the league—if he was deployed solely as a slot and outside receiver, he could still have a major impact because he understands routes and has the ability of a pure receiver. His versatility, not his patience, is the secret to his greatness—and his importance to the Steelers offense.
—NFL1000 lead scout Doug Farrar

1. Todd Gurley II, Los Angeles Rams

Inside Running: 22/25
Outside Running: 23/25
Receiving: 18/20
Blocking: 16/20
Overall Grade: 86/100

While the development of Jared Goff has been the major theme of Sean McVay's first season as Rams head coach, Todd Gurley II's revival shouldn't be overlooked. McVay has done an excellent job scheming ways to get Gurley in space, where he can show off his terrific athletic ability. He runs well to the edge, where he looks to bounce outside and take on smaller defenders he can run over. He's also proved to be a huge threat as a receiver, making him a complete back that finished the season with over 2,000 yards from scrimmage.

In 2016, Jeff Fisher did the impossible: He made Gurley disappear. Fisher and offensive coordinator Rob Boras put one of the most talented backs of the last decade in a weird committee, punishing him with limited snaps when he couldn't create miracles behind a horrid offensive line. The switch to McVay obviously opened things up for Goff and for Gurley as a receiver, but it also let Gurley use all his abilities in a fully dimensional offense. Behind a much improved offensive line, Gurley led the league in yards from scrimmage with 2,093 and touchdowns with 19. There isn't a thing you'd want a running back to do that Gurley can't—he has great power and speed, ankle-breaking agility, and he's developing into a top-flight asset as a receiver. Perhaps the best pure back to come out of college since Adrian Peterson, Gurley finally has the perfect offense for his talents, and the arrow is pointing up.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2752016-nfl1000-ranking-the-top-running-backs-of-2017-season

SteelerFanInStl
01-12-2018, 11:51 AM

"As a team". Yes, as a team. Why do you say that Bell performed "well below average" but the OL is "one of the best lines in the NFL"? The OL is responsible for that ypc also, not just Bell.

ypc is just one statistic. You need to look at everything if you're going to judge a player.

Despite Bell performing "well below average", he still made First Team All Pro. Imagine that.

SteelerFanInStl
01-12-2018, 11:57 AM
Heeeeeyyyyyyyyy......what a shock. Fowler "reported" the comments via Twitter and is now admitting that he selectively framed Bell's response. Additionally, Ramon Foster seems to not give a shit.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2018/1/12/16883418/leveon-bell-takes-to-social-media-to-respond-to-backlash-following-his-comments-to-espn-steelers

When are we going to learn that Twitter is not a great forum for actual communication?

Big surprise.

86WARD
01-12-2018, 12:29 PM
Remember: MONEY ALWAYS WINS!!!

j-d-s
01-12-2018, 12:37 PM
I like to see him sign with the Steelers but, I don't think any team will pay him he wants. Oh wait maybe Dan Synder in Washington.

Dan Snyder first needs to decide whether to pay 34.5 million to Kirk Cousins. If he doesn't he might actually do pay Bell what he wants... but then they have no QB.

Mojouw
01-12-2018, 12:58 PM
If Bell hits the open market, some team with a cheap QB on a rookie deal will sign him for whatever it takes to provide their developing "franchise" guy with a security blanket. By the time your QB gets expensive, you can shed Bell's contract as he enters the downside of his short RB career.

Moose
01-12-2018, 01:14 PM
I just wish that they'd leave these kind of comments until after the season is over. We've still got games to play.

Exactly what I was thinking when I heard this crap ! I see what he's thinking, but damn man wait until AFTER the play-offs to talk crap. Make a statement during the playoff run to the Lombardi to give yourself some fire power. Jags have one hell of a defense that may just shut him completely down....which lost the game the first time we played them.

Shoes
01-12-2018, 01:39 PM
Bell has an intermittent short circuit between his ears. He wants to play games, I'd move up and draft Saquon Barkley in R1 and trade bell to the Browns for another draft pick.

teegre
01-12-2018, 02:05 PM
I can totally see where you are coming from and you have a great amount of reason and logic behind your viewpoint. I have just never bought the "distraction" argument. The whole thing rests on a shaky foundation. It makes a central assumption that these guys are basically what goes on at the facility and that's it. Such an assumption is totally unrealistic. They all surely have things going on that are "distracting them".

Someone's marriage is falling apart. Someone is lonely and homesick. Someone has a loved one who is struggling with a health problem. Someone else has to decide how they are going to help out a friend or family member struggling with a rough financial situation. Someone's kids are doing bad in school. Someone has an injury that they have downplayed to the team and trainers but keeps them up at night with worry. I'm sure the list goes on and on for these 53 players plus coaches.

I just have never bought in that nonsense like AB's stuff and players carping about contracts even causes a ripple in NFL locker rooms. I think it feeds the 24/7/365 media beast but in reality is mountains out of molehills and tempests in a teacup kinda stuff. But I could be wrong, I know less about how an NFL locker-room functions than I do about most things.

Maybe distraction isnt the right word. Because, yes, there are “real world” stressors that are far more important to anyone & everyone.

That said... here is an analogy:

Bell is a five-year old who really, really, really wanted to go to Disneyland for his birthday. His parents said, “Not this year”… but, instead took him to Great Wolf Lodge. At the end of the day (a day filled with water slides, skeeball, bowling, miniature gold, etc.) as they are getting ready to take a family photo, Bell stomps his feet and swears that he will NOT take a picture, because “I did NOT want to go to Great Wolf Lodge... I wanted to go to Disneyland!!!”

Instead of just finishing out the day, and waiting until next year to ask to go to Disneyland for his next birthday, Bell wants what was already been done to somehow magically be undone.

We cannot go back and un-tag Bell. And, we cannot give him a new contract until March. So, why even talk about it right now?… because, really, it just comes off as petulant.

Mojouw
01-12-2018, 02:12 PM
Bell has an intermittent short circuit between his ears. He wants to play games, I'd move up and draft Saquon Barkley in R1 and trade bell to the Browns for another draft pick.

Setting aside a Bell trade for a moment, looking at the trade up for Saquon idea (one that would be AWESOME!) it gets rough really quick. Using this trade value chart (http://www.thehuddlereport.com/tradechart.shtml) I figure the Steelers would need 2200 points to get to the #3 pick with the Colts to be assured of getting Barkley. Assume they win the SB.

2018 R1 Pick (590)+2019 R1 Pick (1000)+2018 R2 Pick (270) = 1860 points. That is still 340 points short! Could be made up by also sending the Colts a 2019 R2 pick. But now you have given up two round 1 picks AND 2 round 2 picks to draft a guy you think COULD replace Bell's production. That is gutting your 2018 and 2019 drafts in order to avoid paying Bell.

Faced with that option, I would rather ship Bell out and hand the job to Conner + a mid round pick.

Although, honestly, depending on what it did to the rest of my cap - I would just pay Bell for the next 3 years.

teegre
01-12-2018, 02:15 PM
Setting aside a Bell trade for a moment, looking at the trade up for Saquon idea (one that would be AWESOME!) it gets rough really quick. Using this trade value chart (http://www.thehuddlereport.com/tradechart.shtml) I figure the Steelers would need 2200 points to get to the #3 pick with the Colts to be assured of getting Barkley. Assume they win the SB.

2018 R1 Pick (590)+2019 R1 Pick (1000)+2018 R2 Pick (270) = 1860 points. That is still 340 points short! Could be made up by also sending the Colts a 2019 R2 pick. But now you have given up two round 1 picks AND 2 round 2 picks to draft a guy you think COULD replace Bell's production. That is gutting your 2018 and 2019 drafts in order to avoid paying Bell.

Faced with that option, I would rather ship Bell out and hand the job to Conner + a mid round pick.

Although, honestly, depending on what it did to the rest of my cap - I would just pay Bell for the next 3 years.

Barkley is insane.

But, this upcoming draft might have even more NFL-caliber RBs than last year’s draft.

Mojouw
01-12-2018, 02:19 PM
Maybe distraction isnt the right word. Because, yes, there are “real world” stressors that are far more important to anyone & everyone.

That said... here is an analogy:

Bell is a five-year old who really, really, really wanted to go to Disneyland for his birthday. His parents said, “Not this year”… but, instead took him to Great Wolf Lodge. At the end of the day (a day filled with water slides, skeeball, bowling, miniature gold, etc.) as they are getting ready to take a family photo, Bell stomps his feet and swears that he will NOT take a picture, because “I did NOT want to go to Great Wolf Lodge... I wanted to go to Disneyland!!!”

Instead of just finishing out the day, and waiting until next year to ask to go to Disneyland for his next birthday, Bell wants what was already been done to somehow magically be undone.

We cannot go back and un-tag Bell. And, we cannot give him a new contract until March. So, why even talk about it right now?… because, really, it just comes off as petulant.

Good analogy. But I will always respect an honest answer to a question. Fowler followed up the original "clickbait" reporting to acknowledge that Bell made his comments in the context of a series of questions and Fowler brought up the off-season contract situation. Additionally, Fowler did not include in his original report the repeated and apparently extensive comments Bell made about focusing on winning a SB this year, etc.

That is where any analogy breaks down for me. To (badly) extend your analogy, Fowler is the photographer for Great Wolf Lodge. After snapping a cool family momento, he asks the Bell family if he will see them again next season. Bell's parents (The Steelers) respond with a polite, "Maybe. We haven't figured out where we are going for vacation next year." In this middle of this comment, Bell runs around and shouts "We're going to Disneyland because Disneyland is the awesomest place ever!!! Can't wait!!". Which is basically what you can expect out of five year olds.

Fowler framed the story to generate the most controversy over essentially a totally opened ended comment by Bell.

teegre
01-12-2018, 02:23 PM
Good analogy. But I will always respect an honest answer to a question. Fowler followed up the original "clickbait" reporting to acknowledge that Bell made his comments in the context of a series of questions and Fowler brought up the off-season contract situation. Additionally, Fowler did not include in his original report the repeated and apparently extensive comments Bell made about focusing on winning a SB this year, etc.

That is where any analogy breaks down for me. To (outstandingly) extend your analogy, Fowler is the photographer for Great Wolf Lodge. After snapping a cool family momento, he asks the Bell family if he will see them again next season. Bell's parents (The Steelers) respond with a polite, "Maybe. We haven't figured out where we are going for vacation next year." In this middle of this comment, Bell runs around and shouts "We're going to Disneyland because Disneyland is the awesomest place ever!!! Can't wait!!". Which is basically what you can expect out of five year olds.

Fowler framed the story to generate the most controversy over essentially a totally opened ended comment by Bell.

I made one edit (bolded). :nod:

st33lersguy
01-12-2018, 02:26 PM

Trading up to draft a RB in round 1 is an insane idea, espcially trading essentially your entire draft plus to get one in the top 5. There's no positional value. This RB class could be deeper than last year's and last year's produced 2 OROY candidates in the 3rd round. A good RB can be found anywhere

Mojouw
01-12-2018, 02:29 PM
I made one edit (bolded). :nod:

I still can't believe I am Bell's "Side" here. He is not a clever and super savvy guy - like at all! His whole thing is that he is seemingly totally hung up on the total dollars in the deal when the % guaranteed is all that matters. When will players get that through their skulls/egos?

Also, now I want to go to Great Wolk Lodge. It is 18 degrees out on its way to single digits - I could totally use an indoor water-park. Lazy river with an adult beverage?

- - - Updated - - -

Barkley is insane.

But, this upcoming draft might have even more NFL-caliber RBs than last year’s draft.

Any later round names to watch out for?

AtlantaDan
01-12-2018, 02:54 PM
I still can't believe I am Bell's "Side" here. He is not a clever and super savvy guy - like at all! His whole thing is that he is seemingly totally hung up on the total dollars in the deal when the % guaranteed is all that matters. When will players get that through their skulls/egos?

You have to trust the guy you are paying to negotiate the deal or hire someone else - Bell's agent Adisa Bakari allegedly recommended taking the Steelers offer last summer and Bell said no.

If Bell thinks he can get a better deal then hire someone else (someone who the Steelers have done business with like AB's agent Drew Rosenhaus?) to negotiate it

In any line of work it drives you nuts when you hammer out a deal with the representative of the other party and then the client says no, which leads to distrusting both the client and the negotiator

IMO Steelers are done trying to hope for any productive negotiations with Bell and Bakari - with another year of mileage he is worth less long term in 2018 than he was in 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnmIoF_2Q4Y

BlackAndGold
01-12-2018, 05:36 PM
Tomlin has run the wheels off Bell and not surprisingly it is starting to show in his performance

If there is a concern that Bell is being overused, as has been posted repeatedly on this board, it is not a reach to conclude that overuse is starting to show in his performance and that any relative decline will only accelerate

I also hope Bell gets a long term contract with the Steelers, but if he did not accept the Steelers offer last season and his price has not come down it is not going to happen

As far as "any NFL fan would agree Bell is still the best RB in the game" it is not a life achievement award, it is what have you done for me lately and what is the likelihood of a player's performance improving or declining in the future. I do not claim to speak for all NFL fans (of which I am one) as you do but here is one article that disagrees with your position

Ranking the Top Running Backs of 2017 Season

2. Le'Veon Bell, Pittsburgh Steelers

Inside Running: 23/25
Outside Running: 21/25
Receiving: 17/20
Blocking: 17/20
Overall Grade: 85/100

Le'Veon Bell is simply one of the best running backs in the NFL. He has unrivaled patience with his running, at times coming to a complete stop while he waits for his blocks to develop before suddenly bursting through the hole. He's equally effective running inside, out, gap and zone and will create his own yards regardless of the scheme if he needs to. Bell is also a fantastic receiver and has the ability to move outside or line up in the slot and run routes. Overall, Bell is the model of the modern NFL running back, and between his running and receiving abilities, he can carry an offense.

If you took a strong drink every time an announcer mentioned Bell's patience during a broadcast, you'd pass out by halftime. But it's not an overrated factor of Bell's game—he seems to defy the laws of football with his ability to stand behind the line and wait with an agonizing patience for holes to open up. Then, of course, he has the power and speed to create big plays. What isn't talked about enough, though, is that Bell is the best receiving back in the league—if he was deployed solely as a slot and outside receiver, he could still have a major impact because he understands routes and has the ability of a pure receiver. His versatility, not his patience, is the secret to his greatness—and his importance to the Steelers offense.

1. Todd Gurley II, Los Angeles Rams

Inside Running: 22/25
Outside Running: 23/25
Receiving: 18/20
Blocking: 16/20
Overall Grade: 86/100

While the development of Jared Goff has been the major theme of Sean McVay's first season as Rams head coach, Todd Gurley II's revival shouldn't be overlooked. McVay has done an excellent job scheming ways to get Gurley in space, where he can show off his terrific athletic ability. He runs well to the edge, where he looks to bounce outside and take on smaller defenders he can run over. He's also proved to be a huge threat as a receiver, making him a complete back that finished the season with over 2,000 yards from scrimmage.

In 2016, Jeff Fisher did the impossible: He made Gurley disappear. Fisher and offensive coordinator Rob Boras put one of the most talented backs of the last decade in a weird committee, punishing him with limited snaps when he couldn't create miracles behind a horrid offensive line. The switch to McVay obviously opened things up for Goff and for Gurley as a receiver, but it also let Gurley use all his abilities in a fully dimensional offense. Behind a much improved offensive line, Gurley led the league in yards from scrimmage with 2,093 and touchdowns with 19. There isn't a thing you'd want a running back to do that Gurley can't—he has great power and speed, ankle-breaking agility, and he's developing into a top-flight asset as a receiver. Perhaps the best pure back to come out of college since Adrian Peterson, Gurley finally has the perfect offense for his talents, and the arrow is pointing up.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2752016-nfl1000-ranking-the-top-running-backs-of-2017-season

That is this season. Again, one season doesn't let someone get the claim as the best. If he has another season like this then I'll agree. Gurley is no doubt a top 4 back, along with Zeke, and David Johnson.

Was you claiming that Zeke Elliott was the best RB in the league last year?

Born2Steel
01-12-2018, 05:52 PM
If Bell hits the open market, some team with a cheap QB on a rookie deal will sign him for whatever it takes to provide their developing "franchise" guy with a security blanket. By the time your QB gets expensive, you can shed Bell's contract as he enters the downside of his short RB career.

The Browns could be that team, easily. Haslam would pay it, and although he didn't have a great year, Kizer was efficient against us.

Shoes
01-12-2018, 06:32 PM
Trading up to draft a RB in round 1 is an insane idea, espcially trading essentially your entire draft plus to get one in the top 5. There's no positional value. This RB class could be deeper than last year's and last year's produced 2 OROY candidates in the 3rd round. A good RB can be found anywhere

Yes, and so is Bell asking for 15m.

BnG_Hevn
01-12-2018, 06:44 PM
Bell is only valuable if he can help win playoff / SB. When did he help the team win a playoff game?

Born2Steel
01-12-2018, 06:57 PM
There is NO QUESTION Bell is the best RB in the league. He does everything. The Steeler's offense runs through Bell. Without Bell there is no AB/JuJu domination. The converse is true as well, but since we're talking about Bell, understand fully his impact. Defenses cannot full out blitz because Bell can still take the draw, slide out for a pass, and block better than most RBs. This allows time for Ben to find WRs. Defenses also cannot load the box just to stop Bell. He has success regularly against 7 and 8 man fronts, meaning 5 yard carries. I think Bell is worth $15M, and I understand I am in the minority. Conner does not do what Bell does, Toussaint does not, and Watson does not either. Half the league will pay $15M for Bell's skills, believe that. I understand if we have to tag him, but we cannot let another team sign him away. If he sits out, he sits out. If he leaves Pittsburgh, he will end up with another AFC team and probably a north team.

There is ONE alternative. Bell played with Cousins at MichState. The redskins have a well known history of over-paying for talent. If a sign and trade can be worked out for draft picks, or Ryan Kerrigan, I may be tempted to deal. Otherwise, he stays a Steeler.

BlackAndGold
01-12-2018, 06:59 PM
Bell is only valuable if he can help win playoff / SB. When did he help the team win a playoff game?

Last year against KC, Bell and Boswell carried the team. He also played great against Miami.

MIA: 29 carries, 167 yards, 2 TD's
KC: 30 carries, 170 yards

SteelerFanInStl
01-12-2018, 07:16 PM
Last year against KC, Bell and Boswell carried the team. He also played great against Miami.

MIA: 29 carries, 167 yards, 2 TD's
KC: 30 carries, 170 yards

Exactly! Bell was carrying the team last year in the playoffs. He got hurt early in the Pats game and the offense did nothing for the rest of the game.

AtlantaDan
01-12-2018, 07:56 PM
That is this season. Again, one season doesn't let someone get the claim as the best. If he has another season like this then I'll agree. Gurley is no doubt a top 4 back, along with Zeke, and David Johnson.

Was you claiming that Zeke Elliott was the best RB in the league last year?

It is not as if Gurley came out of nowhere in 2017 - in addition to this season Gurley was the NFL offensive rookie of the year in 2015 playing for a mediocre 7-9 Rams team with Nick Foles and Case Keenum, neither of whom are going to Canton, at QB.

I do not contend that Elliott was the best all around RB in 2016 because Zeke was not the receiving threat in 2016 Bell was - Gurley is

I am not saying Bell is not still a great back - but if they both hit the open market this offseason Gurley would field higher offers due to equal performance & skills sets, less wear and tear, and no drug suspension history. As posted earlier, Gurley would not be getting the deal Bell wants either since RBs have such short peak careers compared to other positions, which is why Bell’s franchise tag is not higher.

BlackAndGold
01-12-2018, 09:06 PM
Exactly! Bell was carrying the team last year in the playoffs. He got hurt early in the Pats game and the offense did nothing for the rest of the game.

PAY THE MAN.

GBMelBlount
01-12-2018, 09:55 PM
It is not as if Gurley came out of nowhere in 2017 - in addition to this season Gurley was the NFL offensive rookie of the year in 2015 playing for a mediocre 7-9 Rams team with Nick Foles and Case Keenum, neither of whom are going to Canton, at QB.

I do not contend that Elliott was the best all around RB in 2016 because Zeke was not the receiving threat in 2016 Bell was - Gurley is

I am not saying Bell is not still a great back - but if they both hit the open market this offseason Gurley would field higher offers due to equal performance & skills sets, less wear and tear, and no drug suspension history. As posted earlier, Gurley would not be getting the deal Bell wants either since RBs have such short peak careers compared to other positions, which is why Bell’s franchise tag is not higher.

Good post.

If there were no salary caps I would be fine paying him whatever.

Otherwise, overpaying him what he wants hurts us elsewhere.

Economics 101. Guns vs. butter.

BlackAndGold
01-12-2018, 10:28 PM
Ben may play for 2 more years, paying Bell won't hurt.

teegre
01-13-2018, 08:35 AM

Also, now I want to go to Great Wolk Lodge. It is 18 degrees out on its way to single digits - I could totally use an indoor water-park. Lazy river with an adult beverage?

- - - Updated - - -

Any later round names to watch out for?

BELL:
Exactly. If he had indeed signed the contract, he would have already earned more guaranteed money (than being tagged twice). And, knowing how loyal The Rooneys are about honoring their contracts, Bell would have earned at least four of the five years’ salaries.

G.W.LODGE:
Inside waterparks are warm, but my lungs still burn from the smell of trapped chlorine. The one in Anaheim is sponsored by Sailor Jack rum; so, yes, they encourage relaxing on the lazy river... but... the 10-year old boys jumping over you sort of ruin that relaxing vibe. :lol:

RB DRAFT:
Saquon Barkley should go top 5.
Derrius Guice should go top 15.

After that...
Bryce Love surpassed all of Christian McCaffrey’s records at Stanford. Will Love be the Barry Sanders to Thurman Thomas?... or, will he be the George Jones to Marshall Faulk???

Speaking of SDSU RBs, I love Rashaad Penny. Everyone knows that he can run, but what he does without the ball (blocking... even downfield) is special.

USC RBs are so difficult to project. The PAC-12 barely plays defense, and if they do, it’s against the pass. Either way, Ronald Jones is one to watch.

Nick Chubb and Sony Michel remind me of LenDale White and Reggie Bush: very good in college, but... who knows??? Chubb was looking great as a freshman, but kind of plateaued. Whereas, Michel has gotten better.

Josh Adams is intriguing. At Notre Dane, he played behind the best O-line in football (mancrush on Quenton Nelson); so, he didn’t see contact until he was past the LOS; so, his numbers are inflated. But, at the same time, he has more “yards after contact” than any other RB. Of course, that contact came from DBs and some LBs (as opposed to contact from DTs and LBs). He is this draft’s “boom or bust” RB.

Summation...

Give me Rashaad Penny.

Steeldude
01-13-2018, 08:55 AM
Pay this man his money.

PAY THE MAN

Pay him how much? At what cost of other signings?

Shoes
01-13-2018, 09:38 AM
The Steelers are not going to pay Bell 15M. They made him an offer and he rejected it. The FO will in no way change their minds and cave to Bell. What a shitshow this would start with every contract after Bell. I think the Steelers will draft a Bell replacement in a few months unless he changes his tune.

hawaiiansteeler
01-13-2018, 12:24 PM
Jaguars vs. Steelers: AFC Divisional Round Preview

By Marc Sessler
Around the NFL Writer
Published: Jan. 12, 2018

Le'Veon Bell, Steelers RB: Bell's 5.5 yards per carry in the postseason rank fourth-highest in NFL history. Pittsburgh's ultra-productive workhorse hasn't posted fewer than 80 yards from scrimmage since the regular-season opener, but Bell has been held under 100 yards rushing all but once since Week 7. At the same time, he beat out Alvin Kamara (81) and Christian McCaffrey (80) with a league-leading and franchise-record 85 catches this season. Bell is a special talent, but his yards per carry have tumbled from 4.6 over his first six games to 3.2 over his last eight. During that span his total scrimmage yards have fallen from 122.0 over his first six outings to 86.0 ever since.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000905124/article/jaguars-vs-steelers-afc-divisional-round-preview

hawaiiansteeler
01-15-2018, 02:23 PM
Ray Fittipaldo's Steelers chat transcript: 1.15.18

RAY FITTIPALDO
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Moose: Bell is great, but I am about fed up with his antics. Who brings up next year's contract situation 2 days before a playoff game? No focus on this team.

Ray Fittipaldo: All I know is the Patriots change running backs every year and continue to win. Bell is a great player, but his sideshow is tiresome. He's as guilt as Mitchell with the looking ahead and talking about it. He ought to look back to 2015 and check the success the Steelers had without him. He's not irreplaceable. Running backs are a dime a dozen. Look at the Saints. When did they get Alvin Kamara? Third round?

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/01/15/Ray-Fittipaldo-Steelers-chat-1-15-18/stories/201801150092

DesertSteel
01-15-2018, 04:57 PM
Ray Fittipaldo's Steelers chat transcript: 1.15.18

RAY FITTIPALDO
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Moose: Bell is great, but I am about fed up with his antics. Who brings up next year's contract situation 2 days before a playoff game? No focus on this team.

Ray Fittipaldo: All I know is the Patriots change running backs every year and continue to win. Bell is a great player, but his sideshow is tiresome. He's as guilt as Mitchell with the looking ahead and talking about it. He ought to look back to 2015 and check the success the Steelers had without him. He's not irreplaceable. Running backs are a dime a dozen. Look at the Saints. When did they get Alvin Kamara? Third round?

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/01/15/Ray-Fittipaldo-Steelers-chat-1-15-18/stories/201801150092
I completely agree with Ray. I hope we cut him loose. He's not worth more than $10M and he's not going to take that. I'll be surprised if he gains more than 3,000 more yards in his career.