PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger: 'I don't think it's my last' game at Heinz Field

polamalubeast
01-10-2018, 10:27 AM
Ben Roethlisberger talked about contemplating retirement in the offseason, but the Steelers quarterback said Wednesday that he isn't thinking about Sunday's AFC divisional playoff game against the Jacksonville Jaguars as his last at Heinz Field.

“You have to treat every game like it could be your last because you never know when it is,” Roethlisberger said, pointing to injured linebacker Ryan Shazier's circled No. 50 on his black T-shirt.

“We saw an example of that, obviously, earlier in the season, with Ryan. You just never know when it could be your last. I'm hoping it's not his last, but you have to go out and play every play, enjoy every play and every game like it could be your last.”

Roethlisberger was asked if he thinks this will be the final home game of his 14-year NFL career, given that the Steelers could have to travel for the AFC championship game if they advance and the top-seeded New England Patriots beat the Tennessee Titans.

“I'm not thinking about that right now. I don't think it is my last but I'm not thinking about that right now. I'm going out to play this one and give it everything I have.”

read more

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/13165635-74/steelers-ben-roethlisberger-i-dont-think-its-my-last-game-at-heinz?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=TRS&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1515600902

GoSlash27
01-10-2018, 10:44 AM
That's a very flowery non-answer...

SteelerFanInStl
01-10-2018, 11:22 AM
That's a very flowery non-answer...

What exactly did you expect? He hasn't made a decision about his future after this season. What happens in the playoffs could very likely determine that.

DesertSteel
01-10-2018, 11:54 AM
I don't know if Ben has it anymore...

AtlantaDan
01-10-2018, 12:02 PM
Roethlisberger was asked if he thinks this will be the final home game of his 14-year NFL career, given that the Steelers could have to travel for the AFC championship game if they advance and the top-seeded New England Patriots beat the Tennessee Titans.

“I'm not thinking about that right now. I don't think it is my last but I'm not thinking about that right now. I'm going out to play this one and give it everything I have.”

So Ben does not think the Patriots will win this week. Bulletin board material for the Pats game next week.

EzraTank
01-10-2018, 12:05 PM
What a stupid question to ask. Any athlete is going to say exactly what he said.

Mojouw
01-10-2018, 12:13 PM
What's really funny is that when he answers the question like this, with non-specific cliches, some think it sucks and freak out.

When he answers it honestly, like last offseason, some think it sucks and freak out.

Just highlights that there really isn't anything these guys can say that will satisfy everyone!

Hawkman
01-10-2018, 12:18 PM
What a stupid question to ask. Any athlete is going to say exactly what he said.

Exactly this!!

- - - Updated - - -

What's really funny is that when he answers the question like this, with non-specific cliches, some think it sucks and freak out.

When he answers it honestly, like last offseason, some think it sucks and freak out.

Just highlights that there really isn't anything these guys can say that will satisfy everyone!

....and this!

SteelerFanInStl
01-10-2018, 01:39 PM

yep

polamalubeast
01-10-2018, 03:17 PM

GoSlash27
01-10-2018, 04:26 PM
What exactly did you expect? He hasn't made a decision about his future after this season. What happens in the playoffs could very likely determine that.
Honestly, I would've expected about what you just said; 'Right now I'm just focused on this game'. A straightforward answer to a silly question so the "journalist" can't read into it and spin it into more than it is, like the title of this hacky article.

*edit* After seeing the film of the interview, I take that back. Ben was just answering the question in the context in which it was asked. The wording of the (silly) question wasn't presented.

Best,
-Slashy

Lady Steel
01-10-2018, 06:07 PM

I don't know what to say other than :doh2::lol:

Mojouw
01-10-2018, 06:09 PM
I am so glad I don't have cable anymore! How does Whitlock still get on TV, much less have a job?

GoSlash27
01-10-2018, 08:01 PM
I am so glad I don't have cable anymore! How does Whitlock still get on TV, much less have a job?
Fo' real. This is several generations removed from "who gives a crap". Some random dude on some random talking head show's opinion of some twitter response to some obscure comment and what that may mean for Ben's legacy after he's gone? Are you dry shavin' me?? I can't even figure out *why* this is supposed to matter.

vasteeler
01-10-2018, 08:13 PM
So Ben does not think the Patriots will win this week. Bulletin board material for the Pats game next week.

Ha... That's the first thing I thought.

teegre
01-10-2018, 08:20 PM

It’s 31 degrees in Hell... because, Jason Whitlock has me agreeing with Colin Cowherd. :puke:

pczach
01-10-2018, 09:11 PM

So Ben could be one of the top 5 quarterbacks of all time if he wins his next 3 games......but if he loses this game to the Jags his legacy takes a ding and he's not an all-time great?

Does Whitlock even think before he opens his mouth anymore? None of that made any sense.

How is the window closing? They went 13-3 and have been improving every year for the last 3 years.

Wow...

- - - Updated - - -

It’s 31 degrees in Hell... because, Jason Whitlock has me agreeing with Colin Cowherd. :puke:

That's some scary shit right there!

teegre
01-11-2018, 05:45 AM

BB is most likely talking about whether or not he’ll play next season... but, the talking heads WILL twist his words to fit the “trash talking” narrative.

Moose
01-11-2018, 09:34 AM
He'll probably play until his restaurant is opened and running good. A few more years.

tube517
01-11-2018, 09:39 AM
He'll probably play until his restaurant is opened and running good. A few more years.

Will Todd and Chrissy be allowed in there??

Born2Steel
01-11-2018, 09:46 AM
I would be shocked if the Titans won Saturday. The Patriots offense is custom made to beat Lebeau's defense.

BostonBlackie
01-11-2018, 09:47 AM
The Black Knight has this one going away.

Hawkman
01-11-2018, 09:50 AM

That’s funny shit right there.

polamalubeast
01-11-2018, 10:02 AM

remember this

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/25150-Whitlock-People-are-afraid-to-criticize-Mike-Tomlin-because-he-s-black-The-Herd