PDA

View Full Version : It will be a daunting task, but celebrations can play a huge role vs Jaguars defense.

StillCurtains
01-10-2018, 01:03 AM
Hello guys,

There are many elements in this game that need to go right for the Steelers to pull out a win in this game. The Jaguars defense is styfling and scoring just 1 touchdown is a huge challenge. A fast start is key to this game for the Steelers.

This is the matchup that I wanted to have, but it's not because I have a lack of respect for the Jaguars. It's because I wanted to face an opponent that would no doubt have the Steelers' full attention. An opponent that is impossible to overlook.

The TD celebrations have been something I have been on the fence with league wide. Some of them are outright silly. For this game though for me, it would be a welcome sight. It wouldn't only be welcome just because of the fact that they are scoring, but there is another element to it.

If the Steelers can somehow get off to a fast start by scoring some early TD's, the celebrations following them can work wonders. Jacksonville is a team that likes to be perceived as an intimidator on defense. They want to be looked at as a team that instills fear.

If the Steelers can get some early TD's on them followed by celebrations, it can be quite stunning for them. It's not something that they have seen often this season. The Steelers celebrating after TD's gives off an Auroa. It tells them that this is easy. It will tell them that the Steelers feel nothing of what everyone thinks of their defense. It would tell them that they're weak; that their wall has been broken down.

I know we all will take a win any way we can get it. This game will be extremely difficult. The thing is though, this game is just as mental as it is physical. Why not use the mental game against them as well if the opportunity presents itself?

It would be quite welcome if they can.

Fire Goodell
01-10-2018, 10:20 AM
Getting an early lead is huge, period. Jacksonville is built for close games but not coming back from behind. If bortles has to throw more than 35x a game we win, he will turn the ball over

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
01-10-2018, 10:52 AM
Yep get a lead and he will be the one with the int's and not Ben. That simple!

pczach
01-10-2018, 02:15 PM
A great start and jumping on them early would be perfect, but's that not necessary for this team to win.

They need to play their game. The defense needs to just hold up against the run, and force Bortles to make throws.

On offense, I believe they just need to go out and show what they can do. I believe this offense with all personnel intact, can score a lot of points on anyone. I think they're going to score a lot of points in this game because they can beat defenses on the ground, through the air, and using a rare talent like Bell in the backfield and in the passing attack.

Haley needs to dial up a good game plan. Keep the defense on their heels and really mix up the play calling. Take their shots with Ben in the hurry up at times and finish drives.

I see them having a very good game against a very good defense.