PDA

View Full Version : MMQB: #50

teegre
01-09-2018, 02:06 PM
MMQB has gone downhill, but this is pretty darn good.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/09/pittsburgh-steelers-defense-2018-playoffs-ryan-shazier

(If you want to cry...)

Lady Steel
01-09-2018, 02:58 PM
The brotherhood this team has pulls at my heartstrings. I truly believe they will do it for Ryan. #Shalieve

Thanks for posting the article, Tiger.

teegre
01-09-2018, 04:34 PM
I got choked up bad while reading that...

But, when Mike Mitchell said “We can play them in Hell” I got so fired up!!!

Mojouw
01-09-2018, 05:04 PM
It just got dusty in my office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polamalubeast
01-10-2018, 01:17 PM

pczach
01-10-2018, 02:18 PM
What a great article. That's a perspective that I haven't really heard told before.

Great read. Very emotional.

Just keep making first downs Ryan.

Randy06
01-10-2018, 02:32 PM
Yeah, really hit me where they were pinching him. But I feel this is our year. HERE WE GO!

tube517
01-10-2018, 02:35 PM
My contact is suddenly bothering me.

Hawkman
01-10-2018, 02:44 PM
I like Mitchell a little bit more.

StillCurtains
01-10-2018, 04:51 PM
Mitchell was crtiticized by Chris Carter today about his comments about beating the Patriots in this article. Looking past Jacksonville was brought up, but Carter mentioned that he has no problem with what he said as he feels it truly is the Patriots that are in their way.

Carter said the issue he has with it is, if they beat Jacksonville then his Steelers teammates will have to answer questions about Mitchell saying that they will beat New England.

Well, let's hope that the Steelers WILL have to answer those questions next week in preparing for New England after playing Jacksonville. We all know Ben's comments about wanting to play the Jaguars with them responding saying be careful what you ask for.

The truth is there is nothing we as fans can do about it. What is said is said and what is done is done. We can only hope that guys like Mitchell and Ben can cash the checks they signed. We'll see!

Lady Steel
01-10-2018, 05:12 PM

:)

teegre
01-10-2018, 08:24 PM
Mitchell was crtiticized by Chris Carter today about his comments about beating the Patriots in this article. Looking past Jacksonville was brought up, but Carter mentioned that he has no problem with what he said as he feels it truly is the Patriots that are in their way.

Carter said the issue he has with it is, if they beat Jacksonville then his Steelers teammates will have to answer questions about Mitchell saying that they will beat New England.

Well, let's hope that the Steelers WILL have to answer those questions next week in preparing for New England after playing Jacksonville. We all know Ben's comments about wanting to play the Jaguars with them responding saying be careful what you ask for.

The truth is there is nothing we as fans can do about it. What is said is said and what is done is done. We can only hope that guys like Mitchell and Ben can cash the checks they signed. We'll see!

If Chris Carter got THAT impression out of that interview, then Chris Carter has poor reading comprehension.

Mitchell was NOT making a guarantee/disrespecting anyone else.

Mitchell’s emotions were boiling over with love for his friend/teammate.

pczach
01-10-2018, 09:19 PM
If Chris Carter got THAT impression out of that interview, then Chris Carter has poor reading comprehension.

Mitchell was NOT making a guarantee/disrespecting anyone else.

Mitchell’s emotions were boiling over with love for his friend/teammate.

This is why I despise the media more every day. They can take a story about the love of a seriously injured friend and make it into billboard material because they think they can.

I've heard Mike Mitchell in interviews over talk radio a couple times. He's everything that many wouldn't expect him to be. He's religious, thoughtful, humble, and sounds like a hell of a nice guy. He's a different person on the field. He speaks his mind, speaks truthfully and from the heart, and he's loyal to a fault. What's not to like about a guy like that. I've always rooted for him to do well not just because he's a Steelers player, but I have really enjoyed him every time I hear him speak at length.

teegre
01-11-2018, 05:41 AM
I've heard Mike Mitchell in interviews over talk radio a couple times. He's everything that many wouldn't expect him to be. He's religious, thoughtful, humble, and sounds like a hell of a nice guy. He's a different person on the field. He speaks his mind, speaks truthfully and from the heart, and he's loyal to a fault. What's not to like about a guy like that. I've always rooted for him to do well not just because he's a Steelers player, but I have really enjoyed him every time I hear him speak at length.

Oh, absolutely. There’s a reason that he was chosen (last season) to be one of the players to go to the podium before the AFCCG. He’s smart, articulate, passionate, charismatic, and firey.

I want to root for him so badly... but, he does make stupid plays. :lol: