PDA

View Full Version : Jaguars CB To Ben Roethlisberger: ‘Be Careful What You Wish For’

Shoes
01-08-2018, 10:02 PM
Jags getting cocky. :lol: I've got a really good feeling about this game.

Let the chirping begin. The Pittsburgh Steelers are days away from a rematch with the Jacksonville Jaguars, fresh off their Wild Card victory over the Buffalo Bills. With Jacksonville trouncing the Steelers in Week 5, Ben Roethlisberger was recently asked if he’d like to see the Jags again.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/01/jaguars-cb-ben-roethlisberger-careful-wish/

Hawkman
01-08-2018, 10:18 PM
But why wouldn’t Ben want a rematch? He was pissed about that game in front of his home fans. Five picks, two for tds Hell, I’d want to see them and the Pats....back to back.

Shoes
01-08-2018, 10:25 PM
But why wouldn’t Ben want a rematch? He was pissed about that game in front of his home fans. Five picks, two for tds Hell, I’d want to see them and the Pats....back to back.

:nod: :eyebrows:

stillers4me
01-09-2018, 05:27 AM
I think he forgets that Ben was still retired at that point of the season.

Let the games begin! :rockon:

teegre
01-09-2018, 06:12 AM
The Jaguars were cocky & talking trash after that first game... which is why the Steelers “wanted” them again.

SteelerFanInStl
01-09-2018, 07:49 AM
The Jags players are too cocky for their own good. It'll feel good to send their asses home on Sunday.

BostonBlackie
01-09-2018, 09:21 AM

Are you sure?

Patriot71
01-09-2018, 09:32 AM
The Steelers are going to bring the Jags back down to earth with a fairly easy victory. The first win was a Steelers universe away.

- - - Updated - - -

"Be careful what you wish for" :lol:

Rotorhead
01-09-2018, 09:58 AM
Are you sure?

Yes, we are sure.

BostonBlackie
01-09-2018, 10:16 AM
Yes, we are sure.

That's funny because I'm never sure, hopeful yes, but sure, no. How can you enjoy the game if you're sure?

Edman
01-09-2018, 10:27 AM
I've seen this scenario before. The upstart team versus the established veteran team. It doesn't bode well for Jacksonville.

The Dolphins had the same idea last year. Beating the Steelers in the regular season means they'll just go back and do it again. Ask them how that turned out.

And as much as I hate to admit it, Pittsburgh had the same idea in '04. They were the upstart who got a big win over the defending champs, and Joey Porter trash talked the Pats after the game. In the AFC Title game, Pittsburgh figured that since they flattened New England, so they'll just do it again. Wrong. The Patriots had a lot of pride and went into that game with extra motivation with something to prove, and they smashed Pittsburgh.

The Jaguars are going to learn its not wise to fuck around with a playoff-hardened veteran team with a chip on their shoulder. This Steelers team fought in a bloodbath in Cincy, Won in Kansas City, played in the AFC Title game last year, fought to a 13-3 record and have their eyes set on beating New England and you're going to sit here and tell me this upstart Jaguars team with a cringeworthy nickname that hasn't relevant in a decade is suddenly going to stop them? We'll see.

polamalubeast
01-09-2018, 10:41 AM

polamalubeast
01-09-2018, 11:09 AM
One thing I have to admit, Ramsey is a great player.

I was very happy in the 2016 draft when the Jaguars took Ramsey, since I did not want to see Ramsey with the ravens who would probably have been their pick if the jaguars would not have taken Ramsey.

Hawkman
01-09-2018, 11:12 AM
Are you sure?

Absolutely, maybe just me, but I would absolutely want to see the teams that beat me. I'm certain the game against the Jags will bee very different......and if we win that, so will the game against the......Titans!:heh:

43Hitman
01-09-2018, 11:22 AM
Absolutely, maybe just me, but I would absolutely want to see the teams that beat me. I'm certain the game against the Jags will bee very different......and if we win that, so will the game against the......Titans!:heh:

Well played! :chuckle:

Patriot71
01-09-2018, 11:32 AM
The Titans and Jags are both going to get smoked. Who are we trying to kid?

43Hitman
01-09-2018, 11:43 AM
We're trying to get the betting line down.

BostonBlackie
01-09-2018, 12:00 PM

You don't know that.

Patriot71
01-09-2018, 12:11 PM
You don't know that.

Yes I do.

Lady Steel
01-09-2018, 12:19 PM

If only he knew some people wanted Ben benched. :chuckle:

Ben's got this, and Ramsey will be watching the AFCCG from the bench, er, couch.

Mojouw
01-09-2018, 12:20 PM
Unfortunately, the Jags have almost all of the traditional elements for a Divisional round upset (although it could be argued that 3/2 isn't much of an upset):

1. Young dominant defense that is looking to make a statement.
2. Unproven but talented play-makers on offense (Cole, Westbrook, and Fournette) that have the physical tools to make game changing plays.

However, they are missing the 3rd component - QB on a hot streak. That is going to be a bit difficult to pull out of thin air during a cold January afternoon. But it is very far from impossible.

I sincerely doubt this will be the "easy" win that many are talking about.

DesertSteel
01-09-2018, 12:45 PM
I sincerely doubt this will be the "easy" win that many are talking about.
Is there ever more than one of those a year? And they've already had that one in Houston. I have my Tums ready.

Shoes
01-09-2018, 01:25 PM
SB trophy #7 coming home to Pittsburgh!

Lady Steel
01-09-2018, 01:34 PM
SB trophy #7 coming home to Pittsburgh!

Preach it, my dear Steelers' brother! :tt02:

teegre
01-09-2018, 01:51 PM

AB had 10 receptions for 157 yards against Ramsey.

polamalubeast
01-09-2018, 01:52 PM

It was on 19 targets too.

Rotorhead
01-09-2018, 02:21 PM
That's funny because I'm never sure, hopeful yes, but sure, no. How can you enjoy the game if you're sure?

What are you talking about. I know that I am sure we want to see the Jags and Pats on our way to the SB. I want them to win both games against those teams so there is no doubt who the best team in the AFC is. I can enjoy the games just fine, win or lose as I am a fan of the sport and of the team I am watching. "How can you enjoy the game if you're sure?" What does one have to do with the other?

DesertSteel
01-09-2018, 02:41 PM
Don’t go throwing facts around!!

Iron Steeler
01-09-2018, 04:06 PM
Not gonna lie, I wish he kept it to himself. Remeber when we faced a depleted KC team in 2011 and Ben Roethlisberger said "Were going to put on a show" .

13-9 steelers classic heart attack game. And KC defense was playing nuts, i think Ben may have got hurt in that game too.

steel striker
01-09-2018, 04:23 PM
Yeah I would have rather have Ben keeping quiet this week but, he said it last week now they have to live with it. We all know the Jags will be fired up and, I expect this to be a very hard hitting game.

teegre
01-09-2018, 04:28 PM
Ben throws 5 picks.

The Jaguars were a$$holes about it afterwards.

Ben has the chance to play them again...

So, HELL YES he is going to say that he wants another shot at them.

Normally, I’m not one for saying anything that might motivate your opponent, but a focused & angry Ben is what we were missing the first time around.

SteelerFanInStl
01-09-2018, 04:32 PM
Ben throws 5 picks.

The Jaguars were a$$holes about it afterwards.

Ben has the chance to play them again...

So, HELL YES he is going to say that he wants another shot at them.

Normally, I’m not one for saying anything that might motivate your opponent, but a focused & angry Ben is what we were missing the first time around.

Exactly! Any athlete that has a game like Ben had is going to want a rematch. I don't know why anyone is surprised by what he said and he certainly didn't say anything negative about them.

Besides, even if Ben didn't say anything at all, the Jags would still be flapping their gums like they always do.

BostonBlackie
01-09-2018, 05:01 PM
What are you talking about. I know that I am sure we want to see the Jags and Pats on our way to the SB. I want them to win both games against those teams so there is no doubt who the best team in the AFC is. I can enjoy the games just fine, win or lose as I am a fan of the sport and of the team I am watching. "How can you enjoy the game if you're sure?" What does one have to do with the other?

Lose? Thought they were guaranteed to win?

You play who you play. Getting to the SB, and winning it, is proof enough. All this other BS is BS.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I do.

Ok Patriot71, you believe that.

DesertSteel
01-09-2018, 05:19 PM
Titans looked better than the Jags last weekend.

Neither team ram should be looking past their opponent. But if I had to pick one to lose, it’d be the Patriots.

BostonBlackie
01-09-2018, 05:33 PM

Neither team ram should be looking past their opponent. But if I had to pick one to lose, it’d be the Patriots.

I agree with that. Vegas has it backwards. Should be Steelers by 14, and the Patriots by 7.

Fire Goodell
01-09-2018, 05:59 PM

The Titans better not fall into an early hole like KC, because the difference is that NE won't let you out of that hole once you dug yourself in too deep.

teegre
01-10-2018, 06:32 AM
Lose? Thought they were guaranteed to win?

Allow me to jump in/clarify...

Rotorhead stated that he was sure who he wants to play.

He never stated that he was he was sure who would win.

Hawkman
01-10-2018, 06:53 AM
Yes I do.

Wow! I thought I had seen it all, but we have two Patriot fans going back and forth on a Steelers site. :chuckle::yuck2::rofl2::crazy::noidea:

BostonBlackie
01-10-2018, 09:17 AM
Allow me to jump in/clarify...

Rotorhead stated that he was sure who he wants to play.

He never stated that he was he was sure who would win.

Ok, I'll give him that.

Edman
01-10-2018, 09:52 AM
If the Steelers lose Sunday, it has nothing to do with press clippings or what they say in the paper. They will lose because they just weren't good enough and were outplayed by the team across from them.

If the Jaguars are as good as they think they are, they don't even bother talking. They just go and beat the Steelers again.