PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Playoff Situation vs. Original Hopes?

GBMelBlount
01-08-2018, 05:43 PM
What do you think about our current playoff situation versus your preseason hopes and expectations?

In my opinion, we are sitting about as good as I had hoped.

Most everyone is healthy and Ben is absolutely in synch with our absolutely loaded and healthy offense.

I also think likely playing teams we have previously lost to will only further motivate this team on their road to the Super Bowl.

Thoughts?

polamalubeast
01-08-2018, 05:48 PM
Exactly where the steelers are right now

I was expecting to have at least 12 wins and a playoffs bye, so the steelers only need to win a home game and a road game to go to the super bowl.If the steelers would have needed to win 2-3 road games to go to the super bowl, it would have been harder.

Before the season I thought it was the most talented team in the Roethlisberger era and I did not change my mind.

st33lersguy
01-08-2018, 05:50 PM
I predicted 11-5, no. 4 seed, and divisional round loss. They surpassed 2 of 3 metrics and at the moment matched the 3rd

vasteeler
01-08-2018, 06:07 PM
I actually predicted 13 and 3 Super Bowl champions. I did get the losses wrong though. I had us losing to Baltimore Cincinnati and Houston

ALLD
01-08-2018, 06:11 PM
Better than expected. The big ? will be the loss of Shazier. The big surprises have been Juju, Joe Haden and Hilton. If they dig deep and don't let the bad calls bother them they could win #7. A SB win will depend on the defense. It's no joke, defenses win most Super Bowls and I can see why.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-08-2018, 06:22 PM
My guess is the average Steeler fan on this board would be 9-7, Wildcard loss and Fire Haley, Fire Butler, Fire Tomlin, trade Bell.

Now, 13-3, loss to Pats in AFCCG, Fire Haley, Fire Butler, Fire Danny Smith, Fire Tomlin, beg Ben to stay, trade for Zeke Elliott, Patrick Peterson, Odell Beckham, Vonn Miller and trade up for the #1 pick.

...and there are 6 optimistic posters on the board saying SB, pick#32 and Fire Haley, Fire Danny Smith.

tube517
01-08-2018, 06:24 PM
My guess is the average Steeler fan on this board would be 9-7, Wildcard loss and Fire Haley, Fire Butler, Fire Tomlin, trade Bell.

Now, 13-3, loss to Pats in AFCCG, Fire Haley, Fire Butler, Fire Danny Smith, Fire Tomlin, beg Ben to stay, trade for Zeke Elliott, Patrick Peterson, Odell Beckham, Vonn Miller and trade up for the #1 pick.

...and there are 6 optimistic posters on the board saying SB, pick#32 and Fire Haley, Fire Danny Smith.

What about Fire Haley no matter what and trade for Joe Thomas, Darren Sproles, and get Mendenhall back???? Cut Nix and not allow more than one TE??? :chuckle:

43Hitman
01-08-2018, 06:26 PM
My guess is the average Steeler fan in the game day thread would be 9-7, Wildcard loss and Fire Haley, Fire Butler, Fire Tomlin, trade Bell.

Fixed it so that its more accurate. I know you're just kidding around, but there are a lot of great and realistic posters on this board.

cubanstogie
01-08-2018, 06:30 PM
couldn't be happier, unless Shazier was healthy and playing. Only time I was pissed all year was the Martavis incident and the flag issue. Which have both subsided in my eyes. Flag issue Im over, there will always be people I disagree with and vice versa but football entertains me so I dropped it. Martavis has been huge, and seems to have come around, don't know if he wants to stay or its an investment to shut up and play. I had faith Ben would come around when he is inspired, which was end of year and in playoffs. Cant wait for redemption the next 2 weeks!

Born2Steel
01-08-2018, 06:44 PM
A trip down memory lane maybe?

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/27561-Realistic-expectation-of-the-defense-in-2017

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2018, 06:50 PM
I'm in the better than expected crowd. I think I had them 11-5 and actually 4th or 5th seed. I'm also surprised at how weak the AFC in general was this year. If I knew that I would have definitely said 13-3 or even better. I'm also very concerned about this jags team we are about to face and it's mainly Been I'm concerned about. He doesn't need to regress back to earlier in the season and start aiming the ball and afraid to throw picks(that's when he was throwing them). He needs to sling it and take what the defense gives him and don't press. I think they are really gonna come after him this game and I think if he doesn't get ancy in the pocket we will be fine. McDonald and Bell should be huge this game and maybe even JuJu. Brown will be bracketed and I honestly don't see him lighting it up first game back. This is just my opinion.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2018, 06:51 PM
I meant Ben not Been, damn autocorrect

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

teegre
01-08-2018, 07:28 PM
What about Fire Haley no matter what and trade for Joe Thomas, Darren Sproles, and get Mendenhall back???? Cut Nix and not allow more than one TE??? :chuckle:

The Meddling Owner would never allow any of that.

Fire Goodell
01-08-2018, 07:31 PM
SUPER BOWL!