PDA

View Full Version : Players Playing In The National Championship That Might Fit In Pittsburgh

Shoes
01-08-2018, 01:16 PM
The National Championship game will be played later tonight. An SEC matchup between #3 Georgia and #4 Alabama will determine what team is considered the best college football team in the country. There are a handful of draft prospects in this game that may fit the mold to possibly be drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers. For the record, a guy like Alabama cornerback/safety, Minkah Fitzpatrick will not make this list (even though the Steelers may be looking to draft a safety) because he is likely to go in the top-10. The chances of the Steelers trading up that far are slim to none. Here is a list of guys to watch closely during the big game Monday night.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/01/players-playing-national-championship-might-fit-pittsburgh/

Born2Steel
01-08-2018, 01:21 PM
I would like to see people post from guys that are playing whether or not we believe they will fall to our pick. Not all prospects are projected 1st rounders as well.

st33lersguy
01-08-2018, 01:37 PM
This team needs ILB and S that can cover. I don't want a player at either position that struggled in coverage in college

cubanstogie
01-08-2018, 02:09 PM
Roquan has been slated to be a top ten as well. you never know, I highly doubt Smith or Minkah will be available but with a bunch of teams desperate for QB and plenty of QB's slated to go in first round it could happen. guys like Mason Rudolph or Mayfield who weren't slated to go in first at start of year are now a good possibility. Like most of us agree, drafting a QB is a crapshoot. How many of the top 6 QB's will go on to have a stellar career. My guess is 1 for sure maybe 2. If Ben retires I think Steelers may be one of those teams who over bid a a guy like Rudolph because they are forced to. If Ben stays it would allow them to maybe steal Rudolph or Lamar in second or third if they last that long.

teegre
01-08-2018, 02:16 PM
Roquan has been slated to be a top ten as well. you never know, I highly doubt Smith or Minkah will be available but with a bunch of teams desperate for QB and plenty of QB's slated to go in first round it could happen. guys like Mason Rudolph or Mayfield who weren't slated to go in first at start of year are now a good possibility.

Roquan is one of my favorite players in this draft.

But, even if 10 QBs get taken with the first 10 picks, he’d go about five picks after that. I just see no way that he drops to us.

Ronnie Harrison, on the other hand...

cubanstogie
01-08-2018, 02:30 PM

But, even if 10 QBs get taken with the first 10 picks, he’d go about five picks after that. I just see no way that he drops to us.

One can dream for a few more months!

- - - Updated - - -

His stock was already high, but second half of rose bowl made it higher

43Hitman
01-08-2018, 03:04 PM

I REALLY like Roquan.