PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Postseason Bye Evaluation Break: ILB Sean Spence

Shoes
01-08-2018, 09:59 AM
We weren’t able to get around to talking about every single notable player for the Pittsburgh Steelersduring our midseason evaluations at the bye week, so as we have another bye week and a brief pause in football, I wanted to take this time to circle back a bit and highlighting a few more players who played an undervalued role for the team this year.
The Steelers went 6-2 during the first half of the season, and did even better in the second half, with only a review in New York separating them from an 8-0 back half. 7-1 isn’t bad, but it is the difference between a bye week and homefield advantage.
As the season wore on, different players were called upon to step up at different times, and I wanted to take a moment to talk about some of them. This week, I will be highlighting Tyson Alualu, Sean Spence, Cameron Sutton, James Conner, Chris Hubbard, and Chris Boswell.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/01/2017-postseason-bye-evaluation-break-ilb-sean-spence/

Mojouw
01-08-2018, 10:52 AM
Spence has two problems. He was never that fast to begin with and now he is fairly slow. Combine that with trouble getting through traffic to the ball carrier or his gap responsibility and you have a recipe for a bit of trouble.

Not much Spence is going to be able to do about it. I mean there was/is a reason that he was at home on his couch when the phone rang!

Psycho Ward 86
01-08-2018, 11:30 AM
Keep finding a way to get Hargrave on the field to mask our deficiency at ILB. His snaps have gone up since Shazier's injury but some things are just out of his control

Shoes
01-08-2018, 11:38 AM
Spence has two problems. He was never that fast to begin with and now he is fairly slow. Combine that with trouble getting through traffic to the ball carrier or his gap responsibility and you have a recipe for a bit of trouble.

Not much Spence is going to be able to do about it. I mean there was/is a reason that he was at home on his couch when the phone rang!

and there is a reason why the Steelers thought Spence was the short term answer.