PDA

View Full Version : I hope every Steelers player sees articles like this throughout the postseason

Psycho Ward 86
01-05-2018, 11:15 AM
Patriots’ road to the Super Bowl is paved with awful AFC doormats

Bills-Jaguars.

Buffalo at Jacksonville.

It reads more like the 9 a.m. London start you’re liable to sleep through on any given week during the regular season, one of the annual handful of contests that sometimes makes the most powerful sports entity seem more suited to be an early-season minor league hockey showdown.

Yet, it is indeed one of the four playoff matchups scheduled for the NFL’s upcoming Wild Card Weekend, one of the best sporting weekends of the year reduced to what amounts to a wintertime exhibition season in the AFC.

In the NFC, we’ve got Atlanta-Los Angeles and Panthers-Saints to fill our intrigue at least. All four are legitimate contenders to make it to next month’s Super Bowl in Minnesota.

On Saturday afternoon, we’ve got Tennessee at Kansas City. Yawn.

On Sunday, the Bills visit the Jaguars. Vegas currently has Buffalo facing 100 to one odds to win the Lombardi Trophy, same as the Tennessee Titans.

One of them may also be headed to Foxborough.

I know, I know, Patriot fans have tired of the “tomato can” mentality that comes with watching their team whip through the competition as if it were Bobby Fischer playing Candy Land, but how else can one classify this? It’s impossible to remember the New England Patriots having an easier run to the Super Bowl than the one laid out in front of them right now. After all, there is a good chance the Buffalo Bills, your AFC East punching bag Buffalo Bills, might be here for the divisional round of the playoffs next weekend.

Read more: https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2018/01/03/patriots-road-to-the-super-bowl-is-paved-with-awful-afc-doormats

SteelerFanInStl
01-05-2018, 11:53 AM
Typical pompous NE attitude. Their team isn't good enough this year to be looking down on any of the playoff teams.

Mojouw
01-05-2018, 11:59 AM
I mean it is intentionally written to provoke, but it isn't wrong. While this is no guarantee of outcomes in any of the individual games or rounds, Pittsburgh and New England arehead and shoulders above the rest of the AFC field.

st33lersguy
01-05-2018, 01:01 PM
Perfect demonstration as to why boston sports media is on my permanent ignore list

Moose
01-05-2018, 02:07 PM
As I've read many times in year's past...." Beware of the WILD CARD " !

salamander
01-05-2018, 04:32 PM
As I've read many times in year's past...." Beware of the WILD CARD " !

Yepp... doesn't always matter how you get to the dance, as long as you get there. Every team restarts at 0-0 once the playoffs begin.

Fire Goodell
01-05-2018, 04:35 PM
One of those wildcard doormats totally thrashed them in their own house, i wouldn't be so overconfident if I were them. The last thing they want to see is KC right now, they're playing good ball.

Hawkman
01-05-2018, 04:35 PM
Can’t even get their facts right, Chiefs were never 5-6.

Edman
01-05-2018, 06:11 PM
The Chiefs went into Foxboro and destroyed them.

They needed a shitty catch rule and officiating to bail them out against the Steelers. Not beat, to escape from. You know, that team that many said was outclassed and stood no chance of beating New England and Tom Brady before the season started.

Mojouw
01-05-2018, 07:19 PM
The Chiefs went into Foxboro and destroyed them.

They needed a shitty catch rule and officiating to bail them out against the Steelers. Not beat, to escape from. You know, that team that many said was outclassed and stood no chance of beating New England and Tom Brady before the season started.

Who said that? Everyone I saw was predicting a Pats Steelers AFCG clash since the day after the last one.

pczach
01-06-2018, 05:29 AM
Who said that? Everyone I saw was predicting a Pats Steelers AFCG clash since the day after the last one.

Before the season started, many people were saying that a New England championship was in the bag.

Some were even saying that 19-0 was likely.

Everybody in the media was saying they just won a Super Bowl and just got better with the acquisitions they made in the offseason.

Most claimed they were on a different level than everybody else. Even if the Steelers were the projected opponent, they were given little to no chance of beating them.

That's what I heard this offseason...and I heard it everywhere.

Mojouw
01-06-2018, 12:54 PM
Before the season started, many people were saying that a New England championship was in the bag.

Some were even saying that 19-0 was likely.

Everybody in the media was saying they just won a Super Bowl and just got better with the acquisitions they made in the offseason.

Most claimed they were on a different level than everybody else. Even if the Steelers were the projected opponent, they were given little to no chance of beating them.

That's what I heard this offseason...and I heard it everywhere.

I heard that on moronic sports talk radio and nonsense chatter from some of the idiots that ESPN employs. Every decent preview I saw of the season had Pats 1 and Steelers nipping at their heels as a 2. I’ll have relook at what the projections looked like in terms of outcome but AFCG rematch has been almost universally talked about for a year.

pczach
01-06-2018, 02:52 PM
I heard that on moronic sports talk radio and nonsense chatter from some of the idiots that ESPN employs. Every decent preview I saw of the season had Pats 1 and Steelers nipping at their heels as a 2. I’ll have relook at what the projections looked like in terms of outcome but AFCG rematch has been almost universally talked about for a year.

I'm not saying that the Steelers weren't picked to be good and probably make the AFC Championship game. They were.

What I'm saying is that they were picked as a distant second, and that most gave them nearly zero chance to knock off the Pats.

It was a complete slobberfest over the Patriots, and many were saying they should just give them the trophy.

fansince'76
01-06-2018, 02:53 PM
Want to shut them up? Beat them.