PDA

View Full Version : Key Stats From 2017 Season Show That Roethlisberger Still Has “It”

polamalubeast
01-04-2018, 11:41 AM
If we learned anything about Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger during the 2017 regular season it’s the fact that he is far from being done, or that he no longer has “it” anymore. Sure, the veteran quarterback threw five interceptions in a Week 5 home loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars but if you saw that game, you know that it’s hard to place the blame specifically on him for all of them.

As recently pointed out, Roethlisberger was a more-aggressive quarterback during the 2017 regular season than he was last season when it comes to percentage of total throws into tight windows. In addition to that statistical revelation, the Steelers quarterback was also pretty good in other areas of his game as presented on Twitter by NFL Matchup on ESPN.

read more

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/01/key-stats-2017-season-show-roethlisberger-still/

Craic
01-04-2018, 01:05 PM
Good read.

What concerns me is why he played so bad in the first five or six games. Anyone watching those games who didn't think Ben was having serious problems were blind to the reality that was before them. In the same way, anyone dismissing the last half of his season as anything but very good to excellent is also blind to reality.

Here's hoping whatever was ailing Ben in those first games is gone for good.

GBMelBlount
01-04-2018, 02:22 PM
Among other things, Ben needed time to get in synch with Bryant and Juju.

Count Steeler
01-04-2018, 02:27 PM
Good read.

What concerns me is why he played so bad in the first five or six games. Anyone watching those games who didn't think Ben was having serious problems were blind to the reality that was before them. In the same way, anyone dismissing the last half of his season as anything but very good to excellent is also blind to reality.

Ashley had the Adrianne to Rocky talk with Ben. "What are you afraid of?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8MZRoMdkso

Edman
01-04-2018, 02:31 PM
Good read.

1) Bryant not allowed to be in training camp.
2) Developing chemistry with Juju.
3) Le'Veon Bell's Holdout through TC and Preseason was huge.
4) Because of the lack of playing time with Juju and Bryant, Ben only trusted Brown, and tried to force him the ball. He for the most part has stopped doing that.

These three things completely threw the Offense out of whack. We were warned that the Offense would take weeks to find itself.

tube517
01-04-2018, 02:34 PM

These three things completely threw the Offense out of whack. We were warned that the Offense would take weeks to find itself.

4. Tequila Cowboy?? :chuckle:

FrancoLambert
01-04-2018, 03:45 PM
4) Because of the lack of playing time with Juju and Bryant, Ben only trusted Brown, and tried to force him the ball. He for the most part has stopped doing that.

I'll add #5.

If I remember correctly, Ben played what....the equivalent of 1 or 2 quarters in the preseason.

RUST

Fire Goodell
01-04-2018, 03:48 PM
DeShaun Kizer, doesn't have it :chuckle:

polamalubeast
01-04-2018, 06:21 PM
second best QB this year....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000902798/article/qb-index-tom-brady-tops-yearend-rankings-again

teegre
01-04-2018, 07:15 PM
Early on:
BB was aiming his throws.

Now:
BB is throwing lasers.

pczach
01-04-2018, 10:06 PM
Early on:
BB was aiming his throws.

Now:
BB is throwing lasers.

I still believe a large part of that was literally not trusting his receivers other than AB to be where they were supposed to be. I also believe Ben started letting the game come to him instead of trying to force it to players to get them involved, and started using the check downs to Bell much more effectively.

Bryant was not good and seemed lost for most of the season, but he started to come on late in the year.

JuJu has emerged as a force in his rookie season. He's a star in the making.

Eli Rogers has become more reliable again, and has started to make some plays.

Vance McDonald has become an important target when he is healthy, and has given Ben another target that can attack down the field.

Jesse James is a steady set of hands over the middle.

And AB is AB.

Put it all together and you have a field full of weapons and a quarterback that will get the ball to the open man. The offense has really developed as the year went along with the improvement of all the weapons as a whole.

The offensive line has been the steady force that makes everything work and gives Ben the chance to use those weapons.

teegre
01-05-2018, 10:46 AM
I still believe a large part of that was literally not trusting his receivers other than AB to be where they were supposed to be. I also believe Ben started letting the game come to him instead of trying to force it to players to get them involved, and started using the check downs to Bell much more effectively.

Bryant was not good and seemed lost for most of the season, but he started to come on late in the year.

JuJu has emerged as a force in his rookie season. He's a star in the making.

Eli Rogers has become more reliable again, and has started to make some plays.

Vance McDonald has become an important target when he is healthy, and has given Ben another target that can attack down the field.

Jesse James is a steady set of hands over the middle.

And AB is AB.

Put it all together and you have a field full of weapons and a quarterback that will get the ball to the open man. The offense has really developed as the year went along with the improvement of all the weapons as a whole.

The offensive line has been the steady force that makes everything work and gives Ben the chance to use those weapons.

Correct.

And, due to BB’s lack of rapport/lack of trust with anyone not named AB, BB was aiming the ball at his receivers. Now that BB trusts/has rapport with them, he’s uncorking beautiful throws.