PDA

View Full Version : No time for retirement talk as Big Ben excited, motivated for playoffs

polamalubeast
01-03-2018, 02:19 PM
PITTSBURGH -- Ben Roethlisberger is less than two weeks away from his 21st playoff game and 10th postseason berth of his career, and yet he said he still feels as much excitement as he ever did.

No more retirement talk -- for now.

Roethlisberger, 35, admitted it's been a long time since he won a Super Bowl. It's been nine seasons since the Steelers beat the Cardinals in Super Bowl XLIII. Pittsburgh is 5-5 in postseason games since then, including a loss to the Packers in Super Bowl XLV.

That's all the motivation he needs.

"I know I still get excited. I think you can afford to get excited," Roethlisberger said. "You should never take these moments for granted. I remember hearing that my first year here by some of the veteran guys that hadn’t been there in a while. 'Don’t take it for granted, embrace it,' all that stuff.

"I don’t know that you fully appreciate it, then you go back the next year, and I’ve had the opportunity to go. But like I said, the ultimate goal is the Super Bowl and it’s been a while since I’ve gotten one of those, so that’s motivating."

read more

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/26726/no-time-for-retirement-talk-big-ben-excited-and-motivated-for-playoffs

Iron Steeler
01-04-2018, 04:32 PM
4 more years 4 more years!