PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger Explains Fichtner’s Return To Sideline; Says Relationship With Haley Is Fine

polamalubeast
01-02-2018, 01:56 PM
A little over a week ago, Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reported that Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had approached head coach Mike Tomlin about a month ago and requested to have a buffer between him and offensive coordinator Todd Haley on the sidelines during games. That buffer was of course quarterbacks coach Randy Fichtner, who had spent most of the regular season upstairs in the coaching box during games. On Tuesday, Roethlisberger was asked if that report was true during his weekly interview on 93.7 The Fan.

“Yeah, I would say so,” Roethlisberger said. “Randy’s usual up in the box and has been until I think the Indianapolis game was about the first game that he came down. And when you come to the sideline, I mean, that’s a guy, the quarterback coach, you’re in meetings with every day, all day, at practice together, him and the backup quarterbacks, right. You guys are always together, so you guys know each other the best. You communicate the best with each other, you learn things. I mean, everyone knows that Charlie [Batch] and I were together so long, we communicated really easy. It was easier to come to the sideline, whether it was with Bruce Arians or Todd [Haley], or Randy, I mean any coach – and you can kind of talk with a guy that you’re with all the time, right. You know each other very well.”

Roethlisberger continued on with his explanation of why he asked for Fichtner to be down on the sidelines with him during games.

“So, to have that communication with a quarterback coach that I’ve been with for a long time, and the quarterbacks now, to come to the sideline when Randy’s up in the box, I can talk to the quarterbacks that I know really well and that I’m with all the time,” Roethlisberger said.” In order to go talk to Randy I’d have to go grab a phone, or grab someone’s’ headset, or whatever. So, we all kind of made the decision that let’s bring him down so that there’s constant lines of communication. I can go talk to him all the time, we can all communicate. It’s basically like having a quarterback meeting when all of us are there on the sideline and it just has made it easier in a sense that we’re always together. We know each other so well and so we can open the lines of communication for everybody easier.”

So, does Roethlisberger feel now that having Fichtner back on the sideline again has helped him play better?

“I think so,” Roethlisberger said. “Since that game I’ve been playing pretty well. I will give all the credit to Randy, how about that, but it does help to have him down there and those communications that we have.”

read more

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/01/roethlisberger-explains-fichtners-return-sideline-says-relationship-haley-fine/

zulater
01-02-2018, 02:30 PM
" the relationship is fine" the same thing my first wife said the month before serving me with divorce papers. :lol:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-02-2018, 02:31 PM
Fake news!......I read somewhere that Haley is coaching in Dallas next season.

Oh wait, that was on this message board. Never mind.

DesertSteel
01-02-2018, 02:42 PM
Ben hates Haley. That's always clear when he gives his one-word responses about the relationship. "Fine."

tube517
01-02-2018, 03:00 PM
http://cliffordgarstang.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/fight-spam.gif

GoSlash27
01-02-2018, 03:39 PM
This is one of those questions where there's only one answer you can give, whether it's true or not. Todd Haley doesn't have a "fine" relationship with any of his players. That's not how he does business.

SteelMayhem72
01-02-2018, 03:49 PM
Ben does hate Haley...his quoted words is that he yells and screams all the time and that nothing was new with him...in other words I need Randy down here cause he doesn't yell and scream and he can have a better dialogue with him. Haley is an asshole and a I bet he may be gone after this year if not Ben may not come back

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Fire Goodell
01-02-2018, 05:25 PM
As long as the offense scores points and the Steelers win, I don't care what kind of relationship they have. I hear most Patriots* players hate Bill Belichick, but you won't see him getting run out anytime soon. The NFL is the business of winning, not making friends

hawaiiansteeler
01-02-2018, 05:33 PM
" the relationship is fine" the same thing my first wife said the month before serving me with divorce papers. :lol:

:rofl2:

43Hitman
01-02-2018, 06:33 PM

:toofunny:

Lady Steel
01-02-2018, 11:49 PM
Ben hates Haley. That's always clear when he gives his one-word responses about the relationship. "Fine."

Yep. Ben just doesn't want to stir the pot.

polamalubeast
01-03-2018, 07:57 AM

DesertSteel
01-03-2018, 09:59 AM
Yep. Ben just doesn't want to stir the pot.
That just doesn't sound right lol.

tube517
01-03-2018, 10:39 AM
Lost amongst all of this is the fact that Richard Mann is likely retiring.

Hopefully, Munch stays and Ben goes one more year.