PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger Hoping For Rematch Against Jaguars In Playoffs

polamalubeast
01-02-2018, 11:06 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers will play one of three teams in the Divisional Round of this year’s playoffs. Those three possible teams are the Jacksonville Jaguars, Kansas City Chiefs and Tennessee Titans and it’s not hard to guess which one quarterback Ben Roethlisberger wants to face at Heinz Field in a little less than two weeks from now.

“I’ll give you guys one guess who you think I want to play,” Roethlisberger said Tuesday morning during his weekly interview on 93.7 The Fan.

After Roethlisberger was playfully asked if the Jaguars is the team, he agreed.

“Maybe so,” Roethlisberger said. “Yeah, I mean, obviously any game that we’re going to play in the postseason is going to be a difficult opponent, but, yeah, I think just for me, personally, I’d love to just prove that five interceptions wasn’t me in that game.”

read more

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/01/roethlisberger-hoping-rematch-jaguars-playoffs/

Rotorhead
01-02-2018, 11:10 AM
Out to prove something, I like it

Fire Goodell
01-02-2018, 11:12 AM
Revenge Tour 2018! I like it

Shoes
01-02-2018, 11:16 AM
Focused pissed off Ben. I like!

steelreserve
01-02-2018, 11:21 AM
Bell still had his head up his ass, Brown was the only receiver, two pick-sixes and a 90-yard rushing play by the Jaguars ... yeah, I like to think a rematch would turn out differently. I sure hope AB is ready to play by then.

st33lersguy
01-02-2018, 11:23 AM
They probably will get it. The jags are so much better than the Bills

Fire Goodell
01-02-2018, 11:51 AM
They probably will get it. The jags are so much better than the Bills

Agree, the Bills don't belong in the playoffs. Still no idea how Balt crapped the bed against Cincy, but on the other hand, the Bengals always gave the Ravens trouble for some odd reason.

polamalubeast
01-02-2018, 11:56 AM
Agree, the Bills don't belong in the playoffs. Still no idea how Balt crapped the bed against Cincy, but on the other hand, the Bengals always gave the Ravens trouble for some odd reason.

The Bills have a point differential of -57 this year!!!

I agree that the bills do not belong in the playoffs, but at least for them their playoffs drought is over!

DesertSteel
01-02-2018, 11:59 AM
Because the Ravens and especially Joe Flacco suck.

GoSlash27
01-02-2018, 12:04 PM
Man.. I know this is going to be a talking point in the media and with the fans this week, but I see all this speculation as a complete waste of Ben's time. He should be focused 100% on improving *his* play this week. If he wants to use that game as inspiration, that's fine... but he shouldn't really care which team we wind up playing.

JMHO...

- - - Updated - - -

Man.. I know this is going to be a talking point in the media and with the fans this week, but I see all this speculation as a complete waste of Ben's time. He should be focused 100% on improving *his* play this week. If he wants to use that game as inspiration, that's fine... but he shouldn't really care which team we wind up playing.

JMHO...

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-02-2018, 12:25 PM
I just want Cam, Tuitt, Hargrave, AluAlu and the LB's to want the Jags and not give up 290 rush yards again. :doh:

polamalubeast
01-02-2018, 12:29 PM
The defense need to contain their running game and also not to give free big play against the pass because of a blown coverage again....

st33lersguy
01-02-2018, 12:50 PM

Since December 2013, Baltimore is 2-7 against the Bengals

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-02-2018, 01:11 PM
The Bills have a point differential of -57 this year!!!

I agree that the bills do not belong in the playoffs, but at least for them their playoffs drought is over!

Exactly, but they don't ask how you win, they ask how many and the Bills had enough to get in. Maybe if they didn't start Nate Peterman and he didn't throw something like 5INT in the first half of the game, that point differential would not be as bad? I'm happy for Kyle Williams to get a postseason game and the Ravens and Bengals are cleaning out their lockers.

Dissolv
01-02-2018, 01:12 PM
Match ups. It's a real thing.

Dissolv

Shoes
01-02-2018, 01:28 PM

JMHO...

- - - Updated - - -

JMHO...

Is there some reason why you keep double posting?

- - - Updated - - -

I just want Cam, Tuitt, Hargrave, AluAlu and the LB's to want the Jags and not give up 290 rush yards again. :doh:

I think they will tighten it up. AluAlu was a nice pickup.

GoSlash27
01-02-2018, 01:47 PM
Shoes,
I wish I knew. Might be a popup blocker, or antivirus software. My access to this forum is extremely laggy and it double- posts constantly.

- - - Updated - - -

Shoes,
I wish I knew. Might be a popup blocker, or antivirus software. My access to this forum is extremely laggy and it double- posts constantly.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-02-2018, 02:34 PM
Shoes,

- - - Updated - - -

Shoes,

Maybe its time to talk to your ISP about upgrading your setup?

https://tecnoblog.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/modem-antigo.jpg

GoSlash27
01-02-2018, 03:18 PM
Honestly! Feels like I'm on AOL. It only happens to me on this forum, tho'. I'm sure there's some code incompatibility somewhere, but I'll be damned if I can find it.

86WARD
01-02-2018, 03:32 PM

Chips on shoulders am good!!

SteelMayhem72
01-02-2018, 08:49 PM
I for one don't care much for facing the jags again

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

SteelMayhem72
01-02-2018, 08:50 PM
I for one don't care much for facing the jags again

Sent from my XT1635-01 using TapatalkBut if that's the way it is then so be it...time to be great!!!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

pczach
01-03-2018, 05:50 AM
Match ups. It's a real thing.

Dissolv

So true.

polamalubeast
01-03-2018, 10:47 AM

As I said, our defense must contain their running game and not give free big play because of a blown coverage and the steelers should have a very good game on defense ...

Our offense will have to do the rest.

Iron Steeler
01-03-2018, 12:13 PM

Me too.

Ideal I would love the Jags, then go to Pats*** and beat them in their backyard. Hardest path , no skating around teams, no excuses.

polamalubeast
01-03-2018, 12:16 PM
Me too.

Ideal I would love the Jags, then go to Pats*** and beat them in their backyard. Hardest path , no skating around teams, no excuses.

Many would have liked to have the homefield advantage against the pats, but at the same time, beating the pats on their field would be the best feeling in the world!

Iron Steeler
01-03-2018, 12:26 PM
The team I want to avoid is KC... we are in their cross hairs , they want their revenge on us bad.

polamalubeast
01-03-2018, 04:59 PM

43Hitman
01-03-2018, 05:23 PM
I dunno if Ben will get the rematch or not. What I do know is that in the last few week when the Jags have been faced with adversity they crumbled under the pressure and Bortles aint shit without a running game. What I also know is that when the Steelers have been faced with adversity they stood up to the challenge and more times than not they conquered that adversity. If we get that rematch, to quote Bill Cohwer, "I really love our chances."

Fire Goodell
01-03-2018, 05:51 PM
The team I want to avoid is KC... we are in their cross hairs , they want their revenge on us bad.

KC does seem like the most dangerous team in the wildcard round right now. The Jaguars are fading and basically limped into the playoffs.

NCSteeler
01-03-2018, 09:28 PM
It's certainly possible for KC to run the table and end up in the Burgh for the Champ game. Wouldn't that be sweet

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Shoes
01-03-2018, 09:42 PM
It's certainly possible for KC to run the table and end up in the Burgh for the Champ game. Wouldn't that be sweet

That's what I'm thinking. I got this feeling that the Pats are going to lose to KC.

cubanstogie
01-03-2018, 11:09 PM
That's what I'm thinking. I got this feeling that the Pats are going to lose to KC.
I do too, assuming they play them. For some odd reason Im not sold on Jags. I watched last 2 weeks and they looked awful. They should beat Buffalo but its always possible that Bortles throws a couple of pics, and Tyrod rarely throws pics. Now with Shady out it shouldn't be a problem but if the Bills can keep it close you never know with Blake.

teegre
01-04-2018, 08:07 AM
Prepare for next week the media to claim that BB gave our opponent bulliten board material.

Because, if the Jaguars do win this weekend, they’ll be like: “Oh... we’ll give you a rematch!!!”

StillCurtains
01-04-2018, 12:14 PM

If we played the Chiefs we would be in Heinz. Anyone in the playoffs can be beaten whether it would be in the AFC OR the NFC. However, We beat the Chiefs in Kansas City when they were at their best. The Steelers were not as good a team they are now and still beat them at their best in their house.

I highly doubt that the Chiefs are chomping at the bit of coming to Heinz Field against a Steeler team playing at their peak. I think they would much rather go to New England. I also feel that New England does not want to play the Steelers again as well. Looking at their reactions after they won here, they were relieved and elated.

They knew they should have lost and having AB alone for the entire game wins that game. The Patriots know they need home field to beat us this year. Although they needed a pass rusher, Belichick knew what he was doing by grabbing Harrison. He may deny it, but it was a direct shot at Pittsburgh to try and gain a psychological edge.

He did so last week against the Jets by ordering thermomitors and having them installed in the hallway leading to the Jets locker room for them to see how cold it is. I know the Jets are a cold weather team, but why would he do it?
He's starting to buy into his own hype from the media talking about how much of a mastermind he is.

His Harrison move showed a sign of weakness. It shows a chink in his armour that he has a level of fear for the Steelers and I believe the Steelers can smell that fear with this move.

Mojouw
01-04-2018, 12:20 PM
I don't know. You all are going down some pretty deep rabbit holes here.

Steelers match up well with KC because a read and react zone and zone-man defense is an ideal scheme to defend what KC does well on offense. So that's not going to change regardless of "motivations".

They don't match up well against the Jags because look at that damn defense - no one matches up well against that thing! Also, if the Browns and Ravens can slash their way through the Steelers run defense, what the hell is Fournette gonna do?

As for the evil hoodie and James Harrison, it is not some complex 3-D chess ploy. His defense is in desperate need of a pass rush. A guy who has bona fide NFL pass rush ability popped up on the open market for like $30K. Its pretty simple...

StillCurtains
01-04-2018, 12:27 PM
Prepare for next week the media to claim that BB gave our opponent bulliten board material.

Because, if the Jaguars do win this weekend, they’ll be like: “Oh... we’ll give you a rematch!!!”

True! Actually I don't care either. This is the playoffs! It comes down to who is the better and most prepared team. Bulliten board material goes out the window. Motivation should be automatic when it comes to playoff football. It won't make you prepare better or play better having bulliten board material.

StillCurtains
01-04-2018, 12:39 PM

I'm sorry but the path I want to go is being a fully healthy team throughout the playoffs while beating Jacksonville and New England en route to being Super Bowl 52 Champions. Notice that I said being fully healthy! It's bothersome to me seeing everyone constantly wanting to avoid New England.

The only thing that has been CONSTANT in losing to New England the last 4 meetings has been our health and nothing else. As long as this team is healthy, I like their chances against anyone. This is what we have yet to see against New England in quite some time.

Craic
01-04-2018, 01:08 PM
I'm sorry but the path I want to go is being a fully healthy team throughout the playoffs while beating Jacksonville and New England en route to being Super Bowl 52 Champions. Notice that I said being fully healthy! It's bothersome to me seeing everyone constantly wanting to avoid New England.

The only thing that has been CONSTANT in losing to New England the last 4 meetings has been our health and nothing else. As long as this team is healthy, I like their chances against anyone. This is what we have yet to see against New England in quite some time.

Naa. When you lift the Lombardi trophy in the air, it means you were the winner of the 2017 season. At that point, no one cares who you beat to get it. I'd love for the Pats* to get thumped before the AFCCG and then for us to host a team like KC. On the other hand, I also think we can go into NE and win.

DesertSteel
01-04-2018, 01:23 PM
If we get the Jags, it'll be the revenge game for Colin Holba, the LS we cut who now plays for the Jags! An exciting storyline..............

vasteeler
01-04-2018, 01:38 PM
Naa. When you lift the Lombardi trophy in the air, it means you were the winner of the 2017 season. At that point, no one cares who you beat to get it. I'd love for the Pats* to get thumped before the AFCCG and then for us to host a team like KC. On the other hand, I also think we can go into NE and win.

My feelings exactly.

pczach
01-04-2018, 04:11 PM
If we get the Jags, it'll be the revenge game for Colin Holba, the LS we cut who now plays for the Jags! An exciting storyline..............

You will be able to cut the tension with a knife!

StillCurtains
01-04-2018, 04:36 PM

That might ring true for us Steeler fans, but when it comes to Patriots fans, NFL fans and the media pundits as well, everyone knows that they would put an asterisk next to it if not beating the Pats. The elephant in the room (As Tomlin would say) would be that everyone would say we would have lost to the Patriots had we met them.

Would I take another Lombardi if we had to go another route? Of course, but unless you're a Steeler fan, the topic would always be that we would not of won those Championships had we have gone through the Patriots. When Ben retires, that is not the legacy I want him to have. Everyone will always say he never won a Super Bowl going through Brady. That can't be said for Peyton or even Eli.

I don't want that hanging over Ben's head when he retires and nor should the rest of you!

pczach
01-04-2018, 04:51 PM
That might ring true for us Steeler fans, but when it comes to Patriots fans, NFL fans and the media pundits as well, everyone knows that they would put an asterisk next to it if not beating the Pats. The elephant in the room (As Tomlin would say) would be that everyone would say we would have lost to the Patriots had we met them.

Would I take another Lombardi if we had to go another route? Of course, but unless you're a Steeler fan, the topic would always be that we would not of won those Championships had we have gone through the Patriots. When Ben retires, that is not the legacy I want him to have. Everyone will always say he never won a Super Bowl going through Brady. That can't be said for Peyton or even Eli.

I don't want that hanging over Ben's head when he retires and nor should the rest of you!

That's what really pisses me off.

That means that the Patriots deserve an asterisk for every Super Bowl won without going through the Giants.

That would be fair...right?

But that never happens!!! :mad2:

This Patriot worship by the media is out of hand.

polamalubeast
01-04-2018, 05:08 PM
I want to beat the patriots, but at the same time a super bowl is a super bowl and I do not care what the others think ....

86WARD
01-04-2018, 06:04 PM

How often are your “feelings” accurate?

tube517
01-04-2018, 06:18 PM

I really could give a rats ass about what their fans or what anyone else thinks.

74 and 75, we didn't play the Dolphins, so were those asterisks for those Super Bowls?

79 season we didn't play the Crygirls in the Super Bowl, so was XIV an asterisk?

Edman
01-05-2018, 10:48 AM
I also feel that New England does not want to play the Steelers again as well. Looking at their reactions after they won here, they were relieved and elated.

I agree. The Patriots won the game, but ultimately it was the Steelers who sent the message and overcame that big mental block in playing New England. The Patriots learned that these aren't the same old Steelers they're used to playing. I've never seen a Brady-led Patriots team have such a look of uncertainty and worry when playing Pittsburgh in years, and to make matters worse, it took the officials to overturn a Pittsburgh touchdown for them to escape. I don't care who you are, that sits on you in one way or another.

This was the team that going into 2017, the Patriots were supposedly head-and-shoulders better than in the AFC, and were supposedly were not a match for them, and that was proven vividly to be wrong.