PDA

View Full Version : Game ball vs 0-16 Browns

polamalubeast
12-31-2017, 03:12 PM
Other that Juju!!!!

Lady Steel
12-31-2017, 03:13 PM
My game ball goes to BuJu, too. He truly is an exceptional player.

Goat is Hubbard, but I'll cut him some slack. :lol:

GBMelBlount
12-31-2017, 03:19 PM
Helluva rookie season for JuJu.

It will be a lot of fun if Ben sticks around for another year or two.

Shoes
12-31-2017, 03:20 PM
JuJu

Steelers need to do something at backup RB.

43Hitman
12-31-2017, 03:21 PM
Game Ball: Juju and Hilton

Goat: Hubbard-dude is not a center :lol:

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-31-2017, 03:24 PM
19 and Tomlin resting the starters

BlackAndGold
12-31-2017, 03:41 PM
JuJu: Superstar
Landry: One of the best back up QB's in the NFL.
Tomlin: rest starters and still got the W
Defense: 6 sacks, two turnovers.

goats
Defense: awful tackling, blown coverage, won't cut it during the postseason. I'll just lie to myself and say that resting Heyward caused both issues.
Berry: Give this guy competition in the offseason, looks to have taken a step back.

pczach
12-31-2017, 03:44 PM
Helluva rookie season for JuJu.

It will be a lot of fun if Ben sticks around for another year or two.

JuJu may be the reason Ben does stick around a few more years. The thought of having AB and JuJu has to sound good to Ben.

Craic
12-31-2017, 03:53 PM
I was at a sports bar with my best friend, so I wasn't watching it as closely as I would have otherwise. Nevertheless, Hilton and JuJu deservedly get gameballs. Talk about great pickups in the off season.

Goats goes to Hubbard. What in the world was that? Also, as others have said, tackling on defense.

GoSlash27
12-31-2017, 04:12 PM
Clearly it's lil' JuJu aka "Mama dey go dat boi". I don't see how any team can contain AB, Lev Bell, *and* JuJu when they're all on the field at the same time.

pczach
12-31-2017, 04:19 PM
Clearly it's lil' JuJu aka "Mama dey go dat boi". I don't see how any team can contain AB, Lev Bell, *and* JuJu when they're all on the field at the same time.

And if Bryant continues to play hard, and the backups continue to improve and be reliable.....this team will be unstoppable.

vader29
12-31-2017, 04:25 PM
JuJu!

http://image.ibb.co/mXNm6b/1.gif

GBMelBlount
12-31-2017, 04:57 PM
JuJu may be the reason Ben does stick around a few more years.

The thought of having AB and JuJu has to sound good to Ben.

My thoughts EXACTLY.

Juju is having fun and hopefully it rubs off on the rest of the team.

This team could be very special the next few years.

GoSlash27
12-31-2017, 07:05 PM
I have to give Hubbard a pass precisely *because* he's not a center. My big concern was that the defense still hasn't figured out a way to communicate and adjust prior to the snap. I saw them confused and in the wrong look too many times today. Keith Butler needs to get that lined out immediately.

polamalubeast
12-31-2017, 07:07 PM
Sometimes, Keith Butler reminds me of Rob Ryan.

Too many blown coverage in this defense....

teegre
12-31-2017, 07:26 PM
I don't see how any team can contain AB, Lev Bell, *and* JuJu when they're all on the field at the same time.

And... Bryant is on the cusp of regaining his old form.

polamalubeast
12-31-2017, 07:28 PM
Since the 2016 season,Landry Jones has 2 wins(in 3 starts).....The Browns had 1 win in 32 games!

Fire Goodell
12-31-2017, 08:11 PM
Juju beast!

Steeldude
12-31-2017, 11:03 PM
Schuster, Hilton, Alualu

DesertSteel
12-31-2017, 11:37 PM
JuJu and Alualu.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-01-2018, 12:57 AM
Landry: One of the best back up QB's in the NFL.

Ever notice that nobody is quoting his completion percentage from todays game? :rofl2:

Haters love to hate, but never give any credit.

pczach
01-01-2018, 08:41 AM
Ever notice that nobody is quoting his completion percentage from todays game? :rofl2:

Haters love to hate, but never give any credit.

I was never a fan of drafting Landry Jones because I thought it was too early to draft a quarterback and that they needed to use every pick to surround Ben with more talent to a depleted roster.

With that said, I don't evaluate a player based on what I originally thought they might be, but on what they become.

Jones has developed into a competent backup quarterback and played well in yesterday's game. He's not going to be a great quarterback, but he doesn't need to be. He just needs to play competently when called upon, and try to do enough to win when Ben isn't available to play.

I have gone from bashing the pick of Landry Jones when he was drafted to now defending him when fans say he's hot garbage.

All that really matters is whether or not a player can help the team.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-01-2018, 08:53 AM
I was never a fan of drafting Landry Jones because I thought it was too early to draft a quarterback and that they needed to use every pick to surround Ben with more talent to a depleted roster.

With that said, I don't evaluate a player based on what I originally thought they might be, but on what they become.

Jones has developed into a competent backup quarterback and played well in yesterday's game. He's not going to be a great quarterback, but he doesn't need to be. He just needs to play competently when called upon, and try to do enough to win when Ben isn't available to play.

I have gone from bashing the pick of Landry Jones when he was drafted to now defending him when fans say he's hot garbage.

All that really matters is whether or not a player can help the team.

I think you were not in the minority of wanting talent at another position in that draft instead of Jones at QB. What I don't get is why the majority of fans hated Jones then, but love Josh Dobbs now?? Steelers needed more talent in the draft this year from the TE or ILB position, but they chose a QB who is less pro ready than Jones was then.

IMO, Dobbs is just drafted to possibly be the future backup, as they can save cap space with him as opposed to paying Jones next contract as a backup. Neither is a franchise QB.

Anyways, I applaud you from your ability to be objective. :applaudit: Jones went 23-27 attempts, with a 100.9 passer rating, with a RB off waivers, 2 starting reserve O linemen and the #3 center to support him and very few want to recognize his performance. They just want to recognize that he threw an INT.

zulater
01-01-2018, 09:07 AM
I was at a sports bar with my best friend, so I wasn't watching it as closely as I would have otherwise. Nevertheless, Hilton and JuJu deservedly get gameballs. Talk about great pickups in the off season.

Goats goes to Hubbard. What in the world was that? Also, as others have said, tackling on defense.

He's been playing tackle and 3rd tight end all year. And doing a helluva job of it. To come in and play center after not even practicing there all season is stepping up. Not playing down. Yeah he had some poor snaps. But you can bet if Finney is out for any length of time he'll get enough reps through the week where if he's called upon again he'll do the job that's needed.

Moose
01-01-2018, 09:21 AM
Game BALLS.....JuJu and Landry ( can't believe I'm putting his name here...put his rating was worthy...although it was against Cleve.).
Game Goats ..... Defense Tackling (Secondary sux, end of season and they still don't have a glue on how to tackle and getting whiffed constantly on LONG passes)

pczach
01-01-2018, 09:22 AM
I think you were not in the minority of wanting talent at another position in that draft instead of Jones at QB. What I don't get is why the majority of fans hated Jones then, but love Josh Dobbs now?? Steelers needed more talent in the draft this year from the TE or ILB position, but they chose a QB who is less pro ready than Jones was then.

IMO, Dobbs is just drafted to possibly be the future backup, as they can save cap space with him as opposed to paying Jones next contract as a backup. Neither is a franchise QB.

Anyways, I applaud you from your ability to be objective. :applaudit: Jones went 23-27 attempts, with a 100.9 passer rating, with a RB off waivers, 2 starting reserve O linemen and the #3 center to support him and very few want to recognize his performance. They just want to recognize that he threw an INT.

I try to be objective.

I warned everyone about Jarvis Jones before the draft and made it clear that I didn't want the team to draft him. But once the pick was made, I was praying I was wrong, rooted for the kid, and defended him as the insults were hurled his way, while preaching patience. I was right about drafting him, but I wish I was dead wrong.

I liked the Mike Adams pick. When everything went sideways for him, I wasn't screaming bust like so many. I again preached patience, and stated that it doesn't matter what round he was drafted in. All that matters is whether he can help the team or not. So many get hung up on when they were drafted.

When Finney went down and Hubbard moved to center, his inability to snap the ball completely shut down our offense. His three bad snaps stopped three drives. That's the part of football many just don't get. They have a hard time understanding how a team is dependent on every player to have success. A breakdown by one player can destroy a play that the other 10 players execute perfectly.

Jones played very well. The center issues shut down our offense in the second half.

ALLD
01-01-2018, 09:26 AM
My game ball goes to BuJu, too. He truly is an exceptional player.

Goat is Hubbard, but I'll cut him some slack. :lol:

He looked like Gale Sayers on that KO return. Last time there was a rookie competition like this year was in 1974, but the roles were reversed. Lambert kept on complaining he should have been the #1 pick instead of #2 to Swann.

tube517
01-01-2018, 09:48 AM
I try to be objective.

I warned everyone about Jarvis Jones before the draft and made it clear that I didn't want the team to draft him. But once the pick was made, I was praying I was wrong, rooted for the kid, and defended him as the insults were hurled his way, while preaching patience. I was right about drafting him, but I wish I was dead wrong.

I liked the Mike Adams pick. When everything went sideways for him, I wasn't screaming bust like so many. I again preached patience, and stated that it doesn't matter what round he was drafted in. All that matters is whether he can help the team or not. So many get hung up on when they were drafted.

When Finney went down and Hubbard moved to center, his inability to snap the ball completely shut down our offense. His three bad snaps stopped three drives. That's the part of football many just don't get. They have a hard time understanding how a team is dependent on every player to have success. A breakdown by one player can destroy a play that the other 10 players execute perfectly.

Jones played very well. The center issues shut down our offense in the second half.

Exactly. Another example is the 0-4 start in 2013. Foote and Pouncey go down in game 1 and it was a disaster.

cold-hard-steel
01-01-2018, 10:11 AM
Darrious-Heyward-Bey Cuz he never got a gameball before.:mob:

GoSlash27
01-01-2018, 10:44 AM
I've always wondered how people make these pronouncements. What is any of it based on? He's only started 5 games in his entire career. Not saying that he *can* be a great starting QB, mind you... I just don't see how anybody can make any declarations one way or the other with so little info.
What is it that's going to limit him to being merely "competent"?

- - - Updated - - -

I've always wondered how people make these pronouncements. What is any of it based on? He's only started 5 games in his entire career. Not saying that he *can* be a great starting QB, mind you... I just don't see how anybody can make any declarations one way or the other with so little info.

Born2Steel
01-01-2018, 10:56 AM
JuJu obviously takes this gameball. He basically won this game by himself.

pczach
01-01-2018, 11:39 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Rather than question me, why don't you break his skill set down for me and explain what you think he's capable of and why.

GoSlash27
01-01-2018, 11:48 AM
pzach,

I'm questioning you because you're the one who made the pronouncement. That's my entire point: There's not enough info as far as I can tell to evaluate what he can or cannot be moving forward. So why don't *you* tell *me* what his skill set is and explain why you think he's incapable of being a starter?

- - - Updated - - -

pzach,

I'm questioning you because you're the one who made the pronouncement. That's my entire point: There's not enough info as far as I can tell to evaluate what he can or cannot be moving forward. So why don't *you* tell *me* what his skill set is and explain why you think he's incapable of being a starter?

pczach
01-01-2018, 11:57 AM
pzach,

- - - Updated - - -

pzach,

Instead of double posting everything, do a little homework. I evaluate players every year. I've done it for as long as I've been at Steelers message boards. I did it for Jones at a different message board.

Why do you think he can do more? If you don't know, then don't question anyone else.

It's New Years Day and I'm headed out of the house. I'm not going to do a complete player evaluation because you demand it.

Show us that you know something. Then we'll talk.

Oh, and don't go posting a copy of someone else's draft breakdown or an article talking about Landry Jones. I want to hear what you think about him and why.

If you don't want to do the work, don't ask anyone else to.

GoSlash27
01-01-2018, 12:17 PM
pczach,
Apparently you don't understand my point and want to be argumentative about it. I never said I think he can do more. I never said I think he can't do more. Hell, I'm not even saying you're wrong. I just want to know what you're basing your opinion on. You seem like it's an imposition on you to support your own statement of fact, but this is actually standard procedure in any rational conversation.

AFA the double- posting, Sorry... I can't help that. It's some kind of network glitch I have no control over.

- - - Updated - - -

pczach,
Apparently you don't understand my point and want to be argumentative about it. I never said I think he can do more. I never said I think he can't do more. Hell, I'm not even saying you're wrong. I just want to know what you're basing your opinion on. You seem like it's an imposition on you to support your own statement of fact, but this is actually standard procedure in any rational conversation.

AFA the double- posting, Sorry... I can't help that. It's some kind of network glitch I have no control over.

pczach
01-01-2018, 05:22 PM
pczach,

- - - Updated - - -

pczach,

I was complimenting him, and you question how anyone can have my opinion of him, saying he's a competent backup quarterback, but that he won't ever be a great quarterback.

You are the one being accusatory and argumentative. I asked you to tell me what you think, but you demand I explain myself to you instead.

You state in your response to me that there isn't enough info to make my opinion. It's interesting you have that opinion when you seem to know absolutely nothing about him.

If you told me that you didn't know anything about him and wanted to know more, without accusing me of commenting with no info, you would have gotten a different response.

I follow college football and evaluate players every year as teams prepare for the draft. I saw him play a ton of football before he ever turned pro.

GoSlash27
01-01-2018, 06:12 PM
pczach,
That's all just fine, but you still haven't answered the question. You follow college ball, evaluate players, saw him play, etc. Okay... so what is it that leads you to the conclusion that he can't be a successful starter? Not enough arm? Not enough accuracy? Not enough awareness? All of these? Something else?
I don't need a whole dossier on the man. Just explain what led you to your conclusion.

Fire Goodell
01-02-2018, 02:07 AM
Wow man you are the master debater

Craic
01-02-2018, 02:31 AM
He's been playing tackle and 3rd tight end all year. And doing a helluva job of it. To come in and play center after not even practicing there all season is stepping up. Not playing down. Yeah he had some poor snaps. But you can bet if Finney is out for any length of time he'll get enough reps through the week where if he's called upon again he'll do the job that's needed.
Yeah, I realized a day or two later that he hadn't lined up at center. For some reason, confused him with Finney.

86WARD
01-02-2018, 05:11 AM
Game Balls - JuJu and Landry Jones on Offense. Defense - Hilton and Alualu.

Goats - DBs - Terrible.