PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Game Balls!

DesertSteel
12-25-2017, 07:54 PM
Who you got?

Ben was efficient
Hilton was a terror
Haden looked good against a top guy
Cam is a beast!

Run D was porous

Shoes
12-25-2017, 07:58 PM
Game ball-Steelers, anyone (and there are a few) who want to bitch about a 34-6 game, enjoy you're misery.

Iron Steeler
12-25-2017, 08:20 PM
Game ball um everyone I guess. Other then 2 great plays from an elite wrs they played a perfect game.

That catch was amazing

SteelerFanInStl
12-25-2017, 08:31 PM
I'll give my game ball to Hilton. That dude's been such a great surprise all season and he deserves some props. 3 sacks in a game is a great accomplishment for anyone, let alone a DB.

DesertSteel
12-25-2017, 08:33 PM
Butler deserves lots of credit for those 7 sacks.

Hawkman
12-25-2017, 08:35 PM
Nix once again 1 att, 1 yrd, 1 td.........nice play design too.

BlackAndGold
12-25-2017, 08:51 PM
The run defense is going to be a problem. Defense misses Shazier.

Iron Steeler
12-25-2017, 09:02 PM
Nix once again 1 att, 1 yrd, 1 td.........nice play design too.

Not gonna lie that killed me in fantasy i have Bell. lol

FrancoLambert
12-25-2017, 09:07 PM
Balls: Mike Hilton and Ju-Ju

Goat: Sean Spence, if we have to rely on him to slow down the running game during the playoff run, we're in trouble
I hope Fort gets more playing time...he can't be worse in run support then Spence

DesertSteel
12-25-2017, 09:26 PM
McNugget looked pretty good. But I'm assuming he got hurt before the game was over.

steelreserve
12-25-2017, 10:34 PM
Bryant is really regaining his old form. He must be smoking weed again.

Neversatisfied
12-25-2017, 11:08 PM
Good Stuff, best Christmas present of 2017

Hawkman
12-25-2017, 11:18 PM
Great to see a solid performance from all parts of STs.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-26-2017, 12:13 AM
Butler deserves lots of credit for those 7 sacks.

:rofl:

Butler only gets blame for Dupree not getting sacks and the DB's having soft coverage.....he doesn't get credit for positive performance. :rolleyes:

Fire Goodell
12-26-2017, 12:27 AM
Bryant is really regaining his old form. He must be smoking weed again.
:chuckle:

Game balls - Hilton and Heyward

Also Ben for spreading the wealth and taking what the defense gave him. I gotta say he's playing much smarter and sharper lately

86WARD
12-26-2017, 05:34 AM
Offense - Ben
Defense - Really the whole unit with special mention to Hilton and Heyward.

86WARD
12-26-2017, 05:35 AM
The run defense is going to be a problem. Defense misses Shazier.

The run defense still gave up big plays when Shazier was in there. Obviously a player like him will be missed but the defense has been notorious for giving up some big runs all,season.

zulater
12-26-2017, 08:09 AM
I thought the O-line played damn near a perfect game. Except the one time Clowney came in clean on Ben ( negated by a facemask) I thought Ben was provided with a good pocket all game. And when they ran the back always had a decent hole to go to. So I'll give them a collective game ball.

BlackAndGold
12-26-2017, 08:11 AM
The run defense still gave up big plays when Shazier was in there. Obviously a player like him will be missed but the defense has been notorious for giving up some big runs all,season.

I remember a few earlier in the season, but felt like the problem was fixed, then went back to being an issue.

Didn't like seeing Houston run the ball with success when everyone watching knew they were running it.

pczach
12-26-2017, 08:35 AM
:rofl:

Butler only gets blame for Dupree not getting sacks and the DB's having soft coverage.....he doesn't get credit for positive performance. :rolleyes:

There are so many that don't seem to understand most sacks that come from blitzes are a result more from scheme than from the actions of the blitzer. There is definitely a skill to blitzing and some are better at it than others, but the alignment of the players and the ability of those players to disguise what they are doing within the scheme to confuse the offense is what makes it work.

The scheme, and the disguise of who is and who isn't coming confuses the quarterback into making mistakes in protections calls at the LOS and not accounting for certain blitzes...which results in sacks. It confuses the OL on blocking responsibilities and allows free rushers....which results in sacks.

Butler has done a very good job this year. Most big plays have been the result of breakdowns and mental mistakes on the part of players. This defense has not been gashed when they play fundamentally sound football and everyone knows their assignments. That tells you that the defensive coordinator's scheme is very good, and he has players that are playing to their strengths on the field. Nobody is perfect, and sometimes the offense is just going to have the perfect play called to take advantage of a defensive call, but that just happens sometimes.

Hawkman
12-26-2017, 08:59 AM
There are so many that don't seem to understand most sacks that come from blitzes are a result more from scheme than from the actions of the blitzer. There is definitely a skill to blitzing and some are better at it than others, but the alignment of the players and the ability of those players to disguise what they are doing within the scheme to confuse the offense is what makes it work.

The scheme, and the disguise of who is and who isn't coming confuses the quarterback into making mistakes in protections calls at the LOS and not accounting for certain blitzes...which results in sacks. It confuses the OL on blocking responsibilities and allows free rushers....which results in sacks.

Butler has done a very good job this year. Most big plays have been the result of breakdowns and mental mistakes on the part of players. This defense has not been gashed when they play fundamentally sound football and everyone knows their assignments. That tells you that the defensive coordinator's scheme is very good, and he has players that are playing to their strengths on the field. Nobody is perfect, and sometimes the offense is just going to have the perfect play called to take advantage of a defensive call, but that just happens sometimes.

I think the return of Haden, freed them up more, to use Hilton on those blitz packages. Hilton has two great things going for him. He’s fast, and he knows how to TACKLE!

- - - Updated - - -

......oh and he takes good angles to the QB.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-26-2017, 12:22 PM
I think the return of Haden, freed them up more, to use Hilton on those blitz packages. Hilton has two great things going for him. He’s fast, and he knows how to TACKLE!

- - - Updated - - -

......oh and he takes good angles to the QB.

Maybe Haden being back and the fact that the Texans had 2 guys playing QB that 99% of fans couldn't pick out of a police lineup.

DesertSteel
12-26-2017, 01:21 PM
Maybe Haden being back and the fact that the Texans had 2 guys playing QB that 99% of fans couldn't pick out of a police lineup.
Whether the ball was getting delivered or not, I could see how good the coverage was on Hopkins. Even on his catches Haden was all over him.

Rotorhead
12-26-2017, 04:12 PM
That ridiculous catch by Hopkins deserves a game ball, that was AB like to get his feet down.

The entire team gets one for sure, good game

Goat is whoever was in on the decision to release JH so the Pats could pick him up.

86WARD
12-26-2017, 04:20 PM
Hopkins (another WR) >>>> OBJ.

DesertSteel
12-26-2017, 06:02 PM
That ridiculous catch by Hopkins deserves a game ball, that was AB like to get his feet down.

The entire team gets one for sure, good game

Goat is whoever was in on the decision to release JH so the Pats could pick him up.
Catch wasn’t that great. And I’ve heard a lot of others say so as well. Former receivers. It would’ve been GREAT had he caught it the first time. He was lucky it came back to him. It was very coordinated to tap his feet but the catch itself wasn’t great.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-27-2017, 09:27 AM
Whether the ball was getting delivered or not, I could see how good the coverage was on Hopkins. Even on his catches Haden was all over him.

I agree, I love Haden's technique and coverage. I just don't think they thought of blitzing Hilton more, now that Haden was back....I think they used him similarly as the past, but these lousy QB's the Texans had didn't recognize the blitz from the slot corner as well as other QB's would.

DesertSteel
12-27-2017, 09:39 AM
I agree, I love Haden's technique and coverage. I just don't think they thought of blitzing Hilton more, now that Haden was back....I think they used him similarly as the past, but these lousy QB's the Texans had didn't recognize the blitz from the slot corner as well as other QB's would.
Fair point.