PDA

View Full Version : The most blatantly overlooked issue with the Benjamin overturned TD vs the Patriots...

StillCurtains
12-25-2017, 11:24 AM
While everyone is focusing on whether or not Benjamin actually made the catch; what I find that is most disturbing is that a flag was not thrown before the ball got to him.

I find it appauling that as many times that the media has shown this play that not any of them have made mention that pass interference should have been called. Gilmore has his hands draped all over Benjamin well before the ball arrives and yet no call.

To me that's just as disturbing as the overturned call itself.

86WARD
12-25-2017, 11:43 AM
Typical.

SteelerFanInStl
12-25-2017, 12:34 PM
And Rogers got mugged on the pass into the end zone in our game and the Colts receiver got mugged on the 4th down play against the Ravens this week. All with no flag. That's the shitty, inconsistent officiating in the NFL.

When it comes down to it, I'd rather that the officials let the players play but it needs to be much more consistent. You can't be throwing flags on one team and then not throw it for the other team on the same kind of contact.

st33lersguy
12-25-2017, 12:54 PM
Seems the NFL is trying to prop up certain teams this year. The regular officials are just as bad as the replacement officials

Edman
12-25-2017, 02:29 PM
The answer is simple. Play well to not let the officials dictate the game.

SteelerFanInStl
12-25-2017, 05:08 PM

Yep, that's all that you can do.

GBMelBlount
12-25-2017, 07:05 PM
Easier said than done, unfortunately.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-26-2017, 12:11 AM

Yup, crazy how 3 officials were calling that forward pass by Ben to Bell a lateral, when it was 5 yards forward from the point he threw it. :doh: Good thing the head ref overruled those clowns, otherwise that would have been a challenge if you can in fact challenge that call.

I cant believe how crappy old guys the NFL has as refs.

Fire Goodell
12-26-2017, 12:32 AM
Jesse James missed a TD reception on one drive cause his hand got hit and held almost 2 seconds before the ball got there, and the announcer said that's good defense? That's interference if I ever seen it.

ALLD
12-26-2017, 07:45 AM
The refs look like NBA or WWE refs. It looks like they take into account if the game turns lopsided early. There is no doubt a rigged call here or there can set the tempo or allow a team to catch up to the other.

In the Texans case they are just horrible and not even the baby Jesus could help them yesterday. They might even lose to Cleveland at this point.

SteelerFanInStl
12-26-2017, 08:40 AM
Yup, crazy how 3 officials were calling that forward pass by Ben to Bell a lateral, when it was 5 yards forward from the point he threw it. :doh: Good thing the head ref overruled those clowns, otherwise that would have been a challenge if you can in fact challenge that call.

I cant believe how crappy old guys the NFL has as refs.

Yea, I was sitting there laughing when they were signalling that it was Texans ball on that play. Most of the officials are just plain incompetent.

tube517
12-26-2017, 10:28 AM
Riveronkraft was going to call down and overturn Juju's TD and kick Nix out of the game for his TD.