PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tomlin Believes Mike Munchak Should Get Another Head Coaching Job

Shoes
12-21-2017, 01:18 PM
NO! Tomlin better do everything he can to keep him here!

BY ALEX KOZORA (http://www.steelersdepot.com/author/alex-kozora/) DECEMBER 21, 2017 AT 08:00 AM
Mike Munchak has been less of an offensive line coach and more of a deity to Steelers’ Nation. But there’s always the chance Munchak gets back into the head coaching game. Something Mike Tomlinabsolutely supports. Speaking with the Houston media and transcribed by the Houston Chronicle’s John McClain (http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Mike-Tomlin-says-former-Oiler-Mike-Munchak-12445202.php), Tomlin said he thinks Munchak will get another crack to run a team.
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/12/mike-tomlin-believes-mike-munchak-get-another-head-coaching-job/

tube517
12-21-2017, 01:26 PM
http://m.memegen.com/mawrwc.jpg :chuckle:

I hope he stays around but we all know he wants another shot somewhere.

steelreserve
12-21-2017, 01:32 PM
If we have to pay that guy double what every other head coach is making to stay as our offensive line coach, it would be worth it. It could be argued he is easily worth $20 million a year in player development, draft picks that aren't wasted, and offensive line play improving the play of everyone else around them. DON'T LET IT HAPPEN!

86WARD
12-21-2017, 01:53 PM
Nope. Give him a lifetime deal.

DesertSteel
12-21-2017, 02:19 PM
Should and will are two different things. I think his ship has sailed. Good for us. OTOH, if Tomlin retired at season's end, I'd be happy with Munch taking over.

hawaiiansteeler
12-21-2017, 02:48 PM
what would Tomlin know about what it takes to be a good NFL head coach? :stirthepot:

Fire Goodell
12-21-2017, 03:19 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/mzq6m.jpg?a420432

SteelerFanInStl
12-21-2017, 06:06 PM
I don't think that he'll get that chance again and I'm happy with that.

st33lersguy
12-21-2017, 06:24 PM
He's a great Oline coach but not as good of a head coach. He didn't pan out with the Titans

fansince'76
12-21-2017, 07:52 PM
Double his salary and promote him to assistant head coach, if that's what it takes to keep him.

GBMelBlount
12-22-2017, 06:31 AM
He's a great Oline coach but not as good of a head coach. He didn't pan out with the Titans

At that time and given the circumstances, he was apparently not a good head coach.

However, with more experience and under different circumstances it is possible he could become a very good head coach.

I admire Tomlin's caring and benevolent nature and feel that his attitude may, in fact, help attract more good players and coaches to our organization.

tube517
12-22-2017, 07:17 AM
At that time and given the circumstances, he was apparently not a good head coach.

However, with more experience and under different circumstances it is possible he could become a very good head coach.

I admire Tomlin's caring and benevolent nature and feel that his attitude may, in fact, help attract more good players and coaches to our organization.

It's all about the cool shades and poker playing skills. :cool: :poker: :chuckle:

teegre
12-22-2017, 07:33 AM
Double his salary and promote him to assistant head coach, if that's what it takes to keep him.

I would. I think that the Rooneys would, too.

But... nothing beats being your own boss. (Less money as a HC trumps more money as a position coach.)

steelreserve
12-22-2017, 01:17 PM
I would. I think that the Rooneys would, too.

But... nothing beats being your own boss. (Less money as a HC trumps more money as a position coach.)

Yeah, but given the kinds of head coaching jobs that open up and the typical tenure in those jobs ... it's just as likely you'll work for a shitty organization where you get one year to try and turn around a complete train wreck of a team, and then you're out on your ass. Do I really want to take less money to be the latest guy who tries to rebuild the Browns, betting it all that they're about due for a good performance this time? I don't know.

j-d-s
12-22-2017, 04:58 PM
If we have to pay that guy double what every other head coach is making to stay as our offensive line coach, it would be worth it. It could be argued he is easily worth $20 million a year in player development, draft picks that aren't wasted, and offensive line play improving the play of everyone else around them. DON'T LET IT HAPPEN!
This!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

teegre
12-23-2017, 08:08 AM
Yeah, but given the kinds of head coaching jobs that open up and the typical tenure in those jobs ... it's just as likely you'll work for a shitty organization where you get one year to try and turn around a complete train wreck of a team, and then you're out on your ass. Do I really want to take less money to be the latest guy who tries to rebuild the Browns, betting it all that they're about due for a good performance this time? I don't know.

I equate it with being a QB. Starting for a crap team beats sitting on the bench on a good team.

Honestly, I’d take the Browns job. They have a good defense, but they get tired by the end of the game, because their offense can’t sustain a drive. Draft Josh Rosen at 1. Draft Saquon Barkley at 5. That is a great start. And, their new GM is very good at finding WRs... so, within two years, the Browns could be fighting for a playoff spot.

Born2Steel
12-23-2017, 09:56 AM
From 0-16 to 13-3 is exactly how the Browns would probably get there too. Of course 2 of those losses are to the Steelers who still manage to win the North.

j-d-s
12-24-2017, 04:33 PM
At this point, I'm convinced that the Browns will always find ways to lose games.