PDA

View Full Version : Steelers--Patriots FINAL Comments

DesertSteel
12-21-2017, 09:54 AM
We've all had several days to mull on it, post on it and piece together the facts. It is the main topic in at least 20 threads. Most of us are ready to move on - to have closure. I started this thread to post your final feelings on the controversial ending of the Patriots game. What is your final takeaway?

I'll go first. Four main things stand out:

1. The failure to double Gronk on their last drive was a critical error.
2. The catch by James was... a catch. It should not have been overturned.
3. I'm stupefied how a coach as pedigreed as Tomlin allows the offense to go back on the field after a long delay without two plays called.
4. I can't blame the confusion on Ben, but it was egregious to make that throw in that situation.

As usual, I did not like how Ben handled the postgame interviews -- but that's who Ben is. The worst part of it all is how it robbed my 12-year-old son of his greatest football moment as a fan.

My last thoughts are that this Steelers team is a Super Bowl team. What Tomlin lacks in in-game management, he makes up with leadership and overcoming adversity. This loss will be a catalyst for driving this team to a 5-0 record.

86WARD
12-21-2017, 10:00 AM
Good post Desert. Agree with everything you wrote.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-21-2017, 10:23 AM
4. If Ben never threw the pass to the waste of space Bey. They would had two shots at the end zone and could have took there time. Still could have kick a tying field goal if they didn't work. Crazy why this team when the game is on the line decides to get the ball to the most unreliable players on the team! Bey and Rogers WTF ?

DesertSteel
12-21-2017, 10:30 AM
4. If Ben never threw the pass to the waste of space Bey. They would had two shots at the end zone and could have took there time. Still could have kick a tying field goal if they didn't work. Crazy why this team when the game is on the line decides to get the ball to the most unreliable players on the team! Bey and Rogers WTF ?
Or why they're handing the ball off to players not named Bell 2 times in the previous drive that went nowhere.

Born2Steel
12-21-2017, 10:35 AM
If AB does not leave this game when he did, and plays into the 4th quarter, Steelers win this game by 20+ points. They could not stop us.

DesertSteel
12-21-2017, 10:41 AM
If AB does not leave this game when he did, and plays into the 4th quarter, Steelers win this game by 20+ points. They could not stop us.
Yes! The one single factor that matters the most in a rematch. Not home field ---- AB!

12-21-2017, 10:43 AM
Or why they're handing the ball off to players not named Bell 2 times in the previous drive that went nowhere. Agreed and this team seems to lose all logic when they get in the Red zone. If that is on Haley then he really does need to go after this year. Best case scenario is Cinci hires him for there head coach to replace Lewis.

Born2Steel
12-21-2017, 10:44 AM
Yes! The one single factor that matters the most in a rematch. Not home field ---- AB!

Even that said, the other WRs and TEs have to step it up consistently. That, or we need to replace some guys soon. We cannot have that glaring drop off if AB or Bell have to sit a few plays.
Sorry, not thread related, just needs to be addressed, IMO, and now.

tube517
12-21-2017, 10:45 AM
The route by Jujubee on the long pass had some nice unnoticed actions by Bell and even Bryant. Nothing fancy but just subtle enough to get Juju out in the open.

Tunch pointed these out on his ChalkTalk segment.

But we all know Haley sux and Ben's a drama queen game manager. Bell is a greedy lazy non training camp attending fool. :sarcasm: :chuckle:

12-21-2017, 10:59 AM
Even that said, the other WRs and TEs have to step it up consistently. That, or we need to replace some guys soon. We cannot have that glaring drop off if AB or Bell have to sit a few plays.
Sorry, not thread related, just needs to be addressed, IMO, and now. Bey should never be on the field for the offense period! I like that one rookie from preseason and is probably still on our practice squad. He needs to get a call!

AtlantaDan
12-21-2017, 12:43 PM
Steelers officially buried by the national media - probably should just concede the season now

The Steelers loss to New England might have cost them any chance at the Super Bowl (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/superbowl/).

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-playoff-projections-falcons-hold-off-cowboys-and-lions-for-final-nfc-spot/

Another article roasting Ben for his comments in the days after the game does make one very valid point - Steelers need to get over the loss and how it happened now

The Steelers probably do not need hyper-focus to beat the lousy Texans, but it can’t be beneficial for their quarterback to be publicly reliving, in supreme detail, the most crushing moments of the season. It would be less alarming if the Steelers didn’t have a track record of playing down to lesser competition...

The Steelers lost to the Patriots in an unfathomable fashion. They need to make sure it doesn’t cost them again.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/12/20/how-will-the-steelers-bounce-back-from-their-loss-to-the-patriots/?utm_term=.52ba590a2498

steelreserve
12-21-2017, 12:54 PM
They say a picture is worth a thousand words so

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/images/2016/05/Gay-couple-kissing_640x345_acf_cropped-1.jpg

86WARD
12-21-2017, 12:54 PM
Lol. What comments did Ben make that were so terrible...

AtlantaDan
12-21-2017, 01:00 PM
Lol. What comments did Ben make that were so terrible...

According to the article

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (https://www.washingtonpost.com/pb/note/a670dcc6-607c-4eae-9efe-3b4676d57f6d_note.html) is not helping. Immediately after the game Sunday, Roethlisberger threw offensive coordinator Todd Haley under the bus, saying he wanted the spike the ball and kick a field goal, but coaches insisted he run a play before he threw his game-losing interception on Pittsburgh’s chaotic final snap.

On Monday, Roethlisberger went on his radio show and doubled down on shifting blame anywhere but on the quarterback who fired a decisive pass over the middle into traffic at the goal line. He also continued to re-litigate tight end Jesse James’s overturned catch, which was the correct call regarding a bad, confusing rule.

After the Steelers gained 69 yards and moved the ball to the 10-yard line with less than 30 seconds left, Roethlisberger says he wasn’t even trying to call timeout, which officials granted him. Replays, though, show Roethlisberger quite clearly calling timeout.

“I’m looking to the sideline to coach like, ‘Are we taking this timeout? What are we doing?’ Which is very typical,” Roethlisberger said on Pittsburgh station 93.7 The Fan. “Obviously the only person who can communicate to me is Todd, and so I’m sure he’s asking Coach Tomlin and everybody.”

Regarding whether or not the Steelers should have spiked the ball or run a play, Roethlisberger didn’t exactly absolve Haley. He just said he shouldn’t have listened to him.

“At that moment, the only thing I can do is give a receiver a quick hand signal to run a quick route and try and hold the ball long enough because, like I said, the line is not blocking in protection, they’re basically just lining up,” Roethlisberger said. “And in that moment as I’m thinking in my head ‘Do I spike it? Do I not?’ I went with, and I probably wish I would have listened to my gut now obviously in hindsight, I should have listened to that instead of listening to running a play and I just tried to make a play to Eli. I don’t regret it, I just wish I would had made a better throw. I’ll take the blame for the interception at the end of the game.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/12/20/how-will-the-steelers-bounce-back-from-their-loss-to-the-patriots/?utm_term=.354fef493c4d

Ben has a rep of spinning bullshit since his rookie season ("broken toes") and is not going to be cut any slack by the national sports media - whether that is fair or unfair that is reality

Why the line is not set up to be blocking with 14 seconds left (DHB down with 20 seconds left) is of course another mystery - Romo is saying "take your time and snap it with 8 or 9 seconds left"

GBMelBlount
12-21-2017, 01:02 PM
Weren't the Patriots also only penalized something like 4 yards?

Amazing how "clean" they played...

If we are healthy and not burned out when we play them we should beat them in the playoffs.

I also think there is a much better chance of them losing before we play them.

AtlantaDan
12-21-2017, 01:09 PM
I also think there is a much better chance of them losing before we play them.

Gerry Dulac of the P-G apparently agrees

If JJ doesn't drop that ball, would you be thinking they need to improve. They don't. They just need to stay healthy and do their job. If they do, they will end up back in the AFC championship game. And I'm not even going to say it will be in New England, because I believe the AFC title game will be in Heinz Field, anyway.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/12/20/Gerry-Dulac-Steelers-chat-12-20-17/stories/201712200110

Interesting how the national writers have buried the Steelers after Sunday's loss while local writers for the most part do not share that fatalism

Mojouw
12-21-2017, 01:19 PM
We've all had several days to mull on it, post on it and piece together the facts. It is the main topic in at least 20 threads. Most of us are ready to move on - to have closure. I started this thread to post your final feelings on the controversial ending of the Patriots game. What is your final takeaway?

I'll go first. Four main things stand out:

1. The failure to double Gronk on their last drive was a critical error. - Multiple reports have stated that Gronk was intended to be doubled and mistakes by Mitchell and Davis caused it not to happen.
2. The catch by James was... a catch. It should not have been overturned. Sure.
3. I'm stupefied how a coach as pedigreed as Tomlin allows the offense to go back on the field after a long delay without two plays called. Again, multiple reports have stated that Tomlin repeatedly told Haley to have a play. The sideline audio seems to support a version of this. Somehow Haley and Ben screwed that up.
4. I can't blame the confusion on Ben, but it was egregious to make that throw in that situation. I think Ben might have bungled the communication on that drive. I also think the Steelers thought the ball would be at the one after the review. The pass to DHB scores easily from a re-start at the one yard line. They got caught with their pants down on that one, no other way to look at it.

As usual, I did not like how Ben handled the postgame interviews -- but that's who Ben is. The worst part of it all is how it robbed my 12-year-old son of his greatest football moment as a fan.

My last thoughts are that this Steelers team is a Super Bowl team. What Tomlin lacks in in-game management, he makes up with leadership and overcoming adversity. This loss will be a catalyst for driving this team to a 5-0 record.

Tried to respond to your points in blue. Great posting.

DesertSteel
12-21-2017, 01:52 PM
I’ve heard the audio on Tomlin telling Haley to have a play. Problem is that the timing of that statement is after they’re lined up in second down after the delay. My point is that Tomlin should have been hands on making sure two plays were called before they went out to resume play.

Fire Goodell
12-21-2017, 01:55 PM
We're going to beat them if we play them again, they aren't better than us right now. We should have won that game, and that was without AB for most of the game.

What I find so frustrating is the Killer B's are always missing a piece whenever we play them.

tube517
12-21-2017, 02:01 PM
AFCC location is already decided according to Google lol

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171221/2ac2c7e896ccd6340b8a45f4fcf4d466.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DesertSteel
12-21-2017, 02:18 PM
My guess is that the Patriots are already selling tickets to the AFCCG at Gillette.

86WARD
12-21-2017, 02:20 PM
My guess is that the Patriots are already selling tickets to the AFCCG at Gillette.

Logistically, if they aren’t already doing it, they’ll have to within a week. Any team would have to.

slippy
12-21-2017, 02:21 PM
love the JJ-SS play, but maybe he scores if he goes straight down the sideline. jesse james is in position, but he would need to make an effective, and legal, block. too much to ask?

tube517
12-21-2017, 02:21 PM

Yeah, I was googling the AFCC game and was just clarifying the date for January and that popped up.

DesertSteel
12-21-2017, 02:35 PM
love the JJ-SS play, but maybe he scores if he goes straight down the sideline. jesse james is in position, but he would need to make an effective, and legal, block. too much to ask?
I bet the all-22 would show that the back of that defense was all jacked up. They were waiting on him it seems.

DesertSteel
12-21-2017, 02:38 PM
Per Fowler:
Steelers OC Todd Haley said offense was expected to avoid keeping the ball in play on second-to-last down vs Patriots — called it an ‘Incomplete or out of bounds' play. But adds he'll never question Ben Roethlisberger believing play to Darrius Heyward-Bey would get to sideline.

Is it just me, or does everyone seem to have an excuse?

Edman
12-21-2017, 02:44 PM
The Patriots escaped with a win, but the biggest victory was won by the Steelers. The message was sent punctually: "We're coming to get you."

It was widely believed from the start of the season that the Patriots were head and shoulders the best team in the AFC, the Steelers were a pretender, Mike Tomlin couldn't hang with the great Bill Belichick, and the gap between the Patriots and Steelers wasn't close. Well, Sunday proved that it was. The Patriots can boast and talk a lot of crap about how great they are, but deep down they know they escaped. If anything, maybe it was better that the Steelers lost this game in this fashion. It pissed them off, they had their nemesis dead to rights and they got bailed out.

Game on you Patriot bastards, and that is all that will be said. Moving on to Houston.

DesertSteel
12-21-2017, 02:52 PM
The only problem I have with the moral victory, "we sent a message," "we're in their heads now," etc. is that I wonder if the Bengals fans say the same thing about the Steelers when they play us close and we escape with a win.

Edman
12-21-2017, 02:59 PM
The only problem I have with the moral victory, "we sent a message," "we're in their heads now," etc. is that I wonder if the Bengals fans say the same thing about the Steelers when they play us close and we escape with a win.

The Bengals are in the Steelers' heads. No longer can the Steelers walk into those games expecting to walk out no problem. The Bengals fail because they have shit discipline, are poorly coached and meltdown at crucial moments. Look at Vontaze Burfict.

Speaking of which, the Steelers have to focus on Burfict every game do they not?

Fire Goodell
12-21-2017, 03:14 PM
AFCC location is already decided according to Google lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Either a bunch of arrogant pricks up in NE or the fix is in lol.

DesertSteel
12-21-2017, 03:37 PM
The Bengals are in the Steelers' heads. No longer can the Steelers walk into those games expecting to walk out no problem. The Bengals fail because they have shit discipline, are poorly coached and meltdown at crucial moments. Look at Vontaze Burfict.

Speaking of which, the Steelers have to focus on Burfict every game do they not?But it hasn't changed the results. To be honest, I'd really like to take them out in Foxboro in front of their fans.

Fire Goodell
12-21-2017, 03:39 PM
But it hasn't changed the results. To be honest, I'd really like to take them out in Foxboro in front of their fans.

Honestly, if we want revenge this is the best possible outcome. I still am salty about 2001 how they had the lamar hunt trophy ceremony right on our field (when usually the visiting team does this in their own locker). Payback would be a bitch if we do this to them on their field.

tube517
12-21-2017, 03:58 PM
It's funny because now Haley has made comments on that last drive/last 2 plays.

I know this was a big game and those plays were a cluster F but damn, Super Bowl XLV's final 2 minutes were pretty bad and those were bigger stakes than this.

Let's get Munchak, Fichter, Saxon and Mann's comments now! :lol:

Mojouw
12-21-2017, 04:02 PM
But it hasn't changed the results. To be honest, I'd really like to take them out in Foxboro in front of their fans.

While that would be cool. I'd rather see some crazy scenario where the Bills beat the Pats. Pats fall to #3 in the AFC, Steelers are #1 and Jags are #2. After the Pats beat the Bills in a wildcard round rematch, the Jags and Pats have a brutal hard fought game in Jacksonville. Jags squeak out a win.

Meanwhile the Steelers cruise past the winner of the Ravens-Chiefs.

Then the Steelers get a wounded Jags team at home in the cold. Yeah -- that'd be about the best scenario.

86WARD
12-21-2017, 04:10 PM
While that would be cool. I'd rather see some crazy scenario where the Bills beat the Pats. Pats fall to #3 in the AFC, Steelers are #1 and Jags are #2. After the Pats beat the Bills in a wildcard round rematch, the Jags and Pats have a brutal hard fought game in Jacksonville. Jags squeak out a win.

Then the Steelers get a wounded Jags team at home in the cold. Yeah -- that'd be about the best scenario.

Sold.

Fire Goodell
12-21-2017, 04:35 PM

Call me obsessed or living in the past, but I'd not be satisfied with this season 100% even if we win the sb, if we aren't the team that knocks out the Patriots.

I've had an unhealthy amount of hatred for that team ever since 2001. I'll never get over it until I see us bounce them, WITH brady quarterbacking that team. I want another shot and this year, is as good as shot as we've ever had against them

AtlantaDan
12-21-2017, 04:36 PM
Per Fowler:
Steelers OC Todd Haley said offense was expected to avoid keeping the ball in play on second-to-last down vs Patriots — called it an ‘Incomplete or out of bounds' play. But adds he'll never question Ben Roethlisberger believing play to Darrius Heyward-Bey would get to sideline.

Is it just me, or does everyone seem to have an excuse?

As opposed to Haley believing Ben threw to DHB with the assumption the throw to DHB would not stop the clock?

Fans can gripe until kickoff next Monday or for that matter forever and it will not matter - OTOH the players and coaches need to let it go

AtlantaDan
12-21-2017, 04:46 PM
It's funny because now Haley has made comments on that last drive/last 2 plays.

I know this was a big game and those plays were a cluster F but damn, Super Bowl XLV's final 2 minutes were pretty bad and those were bigger stakes than this.

Let's get Munchak, Fichter, Saxon and Mann's comments now! :lol:

You will notice Tomlin said Munchak should get another head coaching gig but made no such recommendation for Haley getting another crack at HC :rolleyes::stirthepot:

Mojouw
12-21-2017, 04:55 PM
Call me obsessed or living in the past, but I'd not be satisfied with this season 100% even if we win the sb, if we aren't the team that knocks out the Patriots.

I've had an unhealthy amount of hatred for that team ever since 2001. I'll never get over it until I see us bounce them, WITH brady quarterbacking that team. I want another shot and this year, is as good as shot as we've ever had against them

Nope - that is totally legitimate way to feel as a fan. There is no good reason not to feel exactly that way!

I just think that it would be even more humiliating for the Pats to lose to Blake Bortles after being forced into playing the Wildcard round!

DesertSteel
12-21-2017, 05:20 PM
As opposed to Haley believing Ben threw to DHB with the assumption the throw to DHB would not stop the clock?

Fans can gripe until kickoff next Monday or for that matter forever and it will not matter - OTOH the players and coaches need to let it go
Right! Next question...

GBMelBlount
12-21-2017, 05:48 PM
Final, Final Comment (for today):

If we are healthy for the playoffs, I think we should win every game.

AtlantaDan
12-21-2017, 07:11 PM
Well at least now I know why Bryant was MIA on the last 2 plays - Thanks Todd! :drink:

An incomplete pass or a catch and run out of bounds would have allowed Haley to change his personnel and get Bryant on the field for the third-down play. Haley said the reason Bryant wasn’t in for the second-down play is because he wouldn’t have known where to line up and how to execute that particular play.

“Tay hadn’t practiced where he would have been,” Haley said. “We didn’t feel comfortable with him being in there.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/12/21/todd-haley-steelers-final-drive-patriots-jesse-james-darrius-heyward-bey-martavis-bryant/stories/201712210146

Psycho Ward 86
12-21-2017, 09:14 PM
http://dailysnark.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/thumb-72.jpg

this new picture that came out is gonna really piss everybody off. i hope they show this to the whole lockerroom

Mojouw
12-21-2017, 09:20 PM
I think it was a catch and I thought it was live as well. But I really really really hate the use of single frame still images to try and prove a point. The one posted above looks like concrete proof of a catch. But what about this one?

http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/sporting_news/2a/ec/jesse-james-121817-getty-ftrjpg_f7wntc45rgfy1bincm1dekjuf.jpg?t=1794924648

Or this one?

https://8583b52b4a309671f69d-b436b898353c7dc300b5887446a26466.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.c om/19343169_overturned-jesse-james-touchdown-costs_t16f6c177.jpg

This is the false allure of replay and HD images. They have to viewed in context and in sequence. If I only show 10% of something, I can make it look like whatever the damn hell I want. Like I said, I did and still do think it should have been a catch. But in the current NFL, they are overturning that ruling 60+% of the time. It sucks and will continue to suck until the NFL figures out a way to realistically define a catch.

Psycho Ward 86
12-21-2017, 09:38 PM
I think it was a catch and I thought it was live as well. But I really really really hate the use of single frame still images to try and prove a point. The one posted above looks like concrete proof of a catch. But what about this one?

http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/sporting_news/2a/ec/jesse-james-121817-getty-ftrjpg_f7wntc45rgfy1bincm1dekjuf.jpg?t=1794924648

Or this one?

https://8583b52b4a309671f69d-b436b898353c7dc300b5887446a26466.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.c om/19343169_overturned-jesse-james-touchdown-costs_t16f6c177.jpg

This is the false allure of replay and HD images. They have to viewed in context and in sequence. If I only show 10% of something, I can make it look like whatever the damn hell I want. Like I said, I did and still do think it should have been a catch. But in the current NFL, they are overturning that ruling 60+% of the time. It sucks and will continue to suck until the NFL figures out a way to realistically define a catch.

the ball stops moving before the defender touches James down, and thats on film. but yes, i do agree with you

Butch
12-21-2017, 09:54 PM
To anyone here who knows the definition of what is and what is not a catch please explain to me why our potential game winning catch was over turned and the raiders bobbled catch was not. I was looking for video but I can't find it.

While we are at it please satisfactorily explain what the fine is for taunting someone. For Ju Ju it was a game yet when gronk does it in our game it wasn't even a flag.

One more while we are at it. Why was gronk only given 1 game for a hit that had the potential to paralyze a guy.

st33lersguy
12-21-2017, 10:15 PM
If there is something positive to come out of this whole fiasco, it's that the Steelers will learn that they have to start putting teams away the first chance they get instead of pissing around with teams every single week and waiting until the final play almost every single week to win a game.
Steelers take over with 3:56 left in the ballgame up by 5. They need to A. run out the clock or B. Score the game-clinching TD. Nope instead they piss around turtle up, and go 3 & out and give New England the ball and a chance to win it.
Of course we'll see in Houston whether they learn anything, if they dominate them like a true Super Bowl contender would, or if they just piss around for over 59 minutes and hope someone comes through in the clutch at the end

Steelerchad
12-21-2017, 10:19 PM
Yeah, well ours go on sale tomorrow for the same game. And to be honest, I think there is a decent chance (better than 50/50) that the game is in Pittsburgh.
Last 2 times the Steelers have hosted the AFC title game was 08 and 10. Both times they were a #2 seed. In 10 the Pats lost to the #6 seed Jets and in 08 the Titans lost to the #6 seed Ravens.
Also, I don't think this NE team is dominant as in years past. I could see them losing this weekend to the Bills.

pepsyman1
12-21-2017, 10:53 PM

I'm with you. Nothing would be more satisfying than stomping them in Foxboro on the way to winning the Super Bowl. That would be the way to banish those memories

pepsyman1
12-21-2017, 10:59 PM
Well at least now I know why Bryant was MIA on the last 2 plays - Thanks Todd! :drink:

An incomplete pass or a catch and run out of bounds would have allowed Haley to change his personnel and get Bryant on the field for the third-down play. Haley said the reason Bryant wasn’t in for the second-down play is because he wouldn’t have known where to line up and how to execute that particular play.

“Tay hadn’t practiced where he would have been,” Haley said. “We didn’t feel comfortable with him being in there.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/12/21/todd-haley-steelers-final-drive-patriots-jesse-james-darrius-heyward-bey-martavis-bryant/stories/201712210146

F** that noise...If Bryant is in just toss it high to the corner and let him get it. That play should be a staple for them by now.

st33lersguy
12-21-2017, 11:02 PM

Rather them not play the Pats at all and win the Super Bowl than beat the Pats in the AFCCG and then lose the Super Bowl. I don't care who they play, just win a 7th Super Bowl. Plus as far as I'm concerned, I'd rather the Pats get knocked out as soon as possible

Born2Steel
12-21-2017, 11:19 PM
I just don't know about 'FINAL' comments. There are people still arguing the Immaculate Reception.

teegre
12-22-2017, 07:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU&app=desktopP

Me... when I see a video snippet of that game on TV and/or a post/tweet on the internet/Twitter.

steelreserve
12-22-2017, 11:21 AM
Rather them not play the Pats at all and win the Super Bowl than beat the Pats in the AFCCG and then lose the Super Bowl. I don't care who they play, just win a 7th Super Bowl. Plus as far as I'm concerned, I'd rather the Pats get knocked out as soon as possible

No joke. I don't care about ironic justice or some macho showdown, I am always rooting for the Patriots to lose every single game with as many injuries as possible and that doesn't change. So in this case, that would mean finishing 11-5 (really 10-6) and losing in the first round to whoever. Fuck them, get 'em out of there.

Really all the use of different angles and reading passages out of the rulebook is just arguing over the definition of horseshit.

They blew it. Whether they blew it by making the wrong call on the field, or blew it by making a wrong decision last offseason, they blew it and they got it wrong. And I am SO sick of every last one of those going in favor of New England.

Lady Steel
12-22-2017, 12:00 PM
We're going to beat them if we play them again, they aren't better than us right now. We should have won that game, and that was without AB for most of the game.

What I find so frustrating is the Killer B's are always missing a piece whenever we play them.

The Patriots escaped with a win, but the biggest victory was won by the Steelers. The message was sent punctually: "We're coming to get you."

It was widely believed from the start of the season that the Patriots were head and shoulders the best team in the AFC, the Steelers were a pretender, Mike Tomlin couldn't hang with the great Bill Belichick, and the gap between the Patriots and Steelers wasn't close. Well, Sunday proved that it was. The Patriots can boast and talk a lot of crap about how great they are, but deep down they know they escaped. If anything, maybe it was better that the Steelers lost this game in this fashion. It pissed them off, they had their nemesis dead to rights and they got bailed out.

Game on you Patriot bastards, and that is all that will be said. Moving on to Houston.

I agree wholeheartedly with what these two fine gentlemen have stated. We'll get those bastids next time! :pin: :tt02:

DesertSteel
12-22-2017, 12:10 PM
On a positive note, 99% of all NFL fans now know who Jesse James is... that's something :)

GBMelBlount
12-22-2017, 02:14 PM
Final Final Comment (for today).

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jiywo9w9uOc/VUznOE7XP9I/AAAAAAAAnDM/E0pMnLdTslk/s1600/Tom%2BBrady%2BI%2Blike%2Bmy%2Bballs%2Bsoft%2Bmemes %2Bdr%2Bheckle%2Bfunny%2Bwtf%2Bpictures.jpg

fansince'76
12-23-2017, 12:31 AM

Really all the use of different angles and reading passages out of the rulebook is just arguing over the definition of horseshit.

They blew it. Whether they blew it by making the wrong call on the field, or blew it by making a wrong decision last offseason, they blew it and they got it wrong. And I am SO sick of every last one of those going in favor of New England.

This. It was a TD. It was ruled a TD on the field and SHOULD NOT have been overturned. Complete and utter bullshit.

12-23-2017, 01:07 AM
On a positive note, 99% of all NFL fans now know who Jesse James is... that's something :) They also think he shot Billy The Kid!