PDA

View Full Version : Bold prediction ... Steelers will make the Superbowl this year after winning in NE.

EzraTank
12-18-2017, 07:58 AM
I've slept on it. Still pissed at TD call but we will beat the Pats in the playoffs in Foxboro.

Yes we made a lot of mistakes yesterday but I think we will beat NE this year in a rematch of the AFC Title game and go to the Superbowl. I think the tougher game will be the game against the Jags the week beforehand.

Born2Steel
12-18-2017, 08:27 AM
I would bet we won't see the Pats again until next season. I don't think they make it to the AFCCG.

AtlantaDan
12-18-2017, 09:34 AM
I would bet we won't see the Pats again until next season. I don't think they make it to the AFCCG.

"They" being the Pats or the Steelers?

Pats are home to Bills and Jets - so #1 seed looks pretty locked in for them

Doubtful Chiefs or Ravens winner (looking like Ravens will be the #5 seed) beats the Pats in Foxboro

If Steelers do not take care of business by beating the Texans (Steelers favored by 10 but this team can screw up against anyone on the road) and Browns I doubt the Steelers get to the AFCCG - the team desperately needs the bye to hopefully get AB healthy and rest Bell along with not going on road until Foxboro - Brown's calf injury supposedly requires a 2-4 week recovery period

DesertSteel
12-18-2017, 09:39 AM
Hopefully Haden makes it back for the Browns game and AB makes it back for the divisional round. If the rest of the guys stay healthy, there's no reason we can't beat the Pats in the AFCCG. This loss 'felt' much bigger than it actually is.

As for remaining schedule:

Bills/Jets are much better teams than Texans/Browns. Truth is that the Pats could still drop to a #3 seed.

Fire Goodell
12-18-2017, 10:14 AM

Doubtful Chiefs or Ravens winner (looking like Ravens will be the #5 seed) beats the Pats in Foxboro

If Steelers do not take care of business by beating the Texans (Steelers favored by 10 but this team can screw up against anyone on the road) and Browns I doubt the Steelers get to the AFCCG - the team desperately needs the bye to hopefully get AB healthy and rest Bell along with not going on road until Foxboro - Brown's calf injury supposedly requires a 2-4 week recovery period

I wouldn't crown them just yet, the Bills aren't an easy out, and will probably be fired up, and fighting for their playoff lives. I think Buffalo might be able to give them a run for their money.

Honestly though if we get the #2 seed I won't be all that disappointed. The important thing is we get a bye, we're gonna need AB healthy for the playoffs.

Steeldude
12-18-2017, 10:33 AM
We'll see. But if the game is close late in the 4th quarter the Steelers need to go man on man.

Born2Steel
12-18-2017, 10:46 AM

I don't think the Pats make the AFCCG. I don't think they are that good.

Mach1
12-18-2017, 10:49 AM

They don't need to be with the help of the refs.

Fire Goodell
12-18-2017, 10:49 AM

They probably will, honestly the only potential #5 or #6 seed I see them losing to would be Baltimore. But they're going to need help to get in. I don't think KC can beat them at Foxboro again, but hey who knows. Another 200 yard rushing day by Hunt could do that lol.

jens.karlsson.14
12-18-2017, 10:50 AM
Ok, i am Swedish (although not blond..) Explain to me how we can loose the current afc #1 rakning if both us and the pat's finish 13-3?

Skickat från min F5121 via Tapatalk

Mojouw
12-18-2017, 10:52 AM
Ok, i am Swedish (although not blond..) Explain to me how we can loose the current afc #1 rakning if both us and the pat's finish 13-3?

Pats beat the Steelers. The first tie-breaker for ranking teams with the same record is head to head.

jens.karlsson.14
12-18-2017, 10:59 AM
Pats beat the Steelers. The first tie-breaker for ranking teams with the same record is head to head.I looked this morning and they had steelers on top but i see they changed it now , that makes sense
Go Buffalo!

cubanstogie
12-18-2017, 01:31 PM
I think the Steelers have a better shot at winning out than the Jags or NE. Garrapolo has been playing well and then they have to play Titans a division rival. Buffalo has a small chance of beating NE. No excuse for Steelers losing one of their last to really shitty teams.

Rotorhead
12-18-2017, 05:09 PM
At this point I care only about the bye. I would like us to get as healthy as possible before the playoff run. I want Haden to shake off the rust and I hope we can figure out our LB situation (JH in the rotation FTW). I want AB back after a good week of practice after he is healed.

DesertSteel
12-18-2017, 07:29 PM
If we can enter the playoffs down only Shazier then I like our chances in Foxboro.

st33lersguy
12-18-2017, 07:49 PM
I'm sorry, I know this will be unpopular, but this Steelers team is not a Super Bowl caliber team, it isn't. For a month and a half prior to the Pats game they barely beat bad and mediocre teams that nearly EVERY SINGLE WEEK, and have needed AB and Bo$ to bail them out nearly every week. Playing against the first top tier they played since being blown out by Jacksonville, they completely choked on their own field, froze up, made numerous mental mistakes, and gave away the game. The coaching (mainly the two idiot coordinators) is not good enough to win and the defense has significantly regressed (Yes Haden should be back, but with the loss of Shazier, the defense still likely won't play well enough to win a Super Bowl), the loss of Shazier has left the ILB position next to VW a complete mess, the safety play has been substandard at best, absolutely no semblance of a killer instinct, and depth is lacking on this team. Right now, at best they look like the 3rd wheel in the AFC behind New England and Jacksonville

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-18-2017, 08:07 PM
I'm sorry, I know this will be unpopular, but this Steelers team is not a Super Bowl caliber team, it isn't. For a month and a half prior to the Pats game they barely beat bad and mediocre teams that nearly EVERY SINGLE WEEK, and have needed AB and Bo$ to bail them out nearly every week. Playing against the first top tier they played since being blown out by Jacksonville, they completely choked on their own field, froze up, made numerous mental mistakes, and gave away the game. The coaching (mainly the two idiot coordinators) is not good enough to win and the defense has significantly regressed (Yes Haden should be back, but with the loss of Shazier, the defense still likely won't play well enough to win a Super Bowl), the loss of Shazier has left the ILB position next to VW a complete mess, the safety play has been substandard at best, and depth is lacking on this team. Right now, at best they look like the 3rd wheel in the AFC behind New England and Jacksonville I don't, this team tied the recorded since the merger beating 7 teams with winning records in one season or something like that. Had they won yesterday they would have broke it. To me that sounds like a pretty good team.

Iron Steeler
12-18-2017, 08:13 PM
We are favored by 10 om the road...

it will be a nail biter

Mojouw
12-18-2017, 08:35 PM
I feel like maybe not enough other NFL games are watched. There is no juggernaut teams this year. Every contender has stepped on their own dick at least once this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12-18-2017, 08:45 PM
I feel like maybe not enough other NFL games are watched. There is no juggernaut teams this year. Every contender has stepped on their own dick at least once this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Eagles was looking very hard to beat until Wentz went down but yea pretty much agree. if we go 13-3 that is a darn good team and season.

BlackAndGold
12-18-2017, 09:16 PM
I'll just say, if the Ravens make the postseason, they can knock off anyone.

Who's to say if they make it as a 6th seed they can't beat the Jags then the Pats the following week? they've played the Pats better than anyone in the past.

Shoes
12-18-2017, 09:24 PM

Tjenare Jens!

Min fru är från Eksjö och jag har bott i Sverige ca 12 år. Jag växte upp i Pittsburgh men vi bor nu i Colorado. Planerar Sverige-semester i Augusti. Trevligt att ha dej här på Steelers Universe!

DesertSteel
12-18-2017, 09:29 PM
I'll just say, if the Ravens make the postseason, they can knock off anyone.

Who's to say if they make it as a 6th seed they can't beat the Jags then the Pats the following week? they've played the Pats better than anyone in the past.
Chiefs or the Ravens can take them out. If not, the Steelers will handle their business next time.

BlackAndGold
12-18-2017, 09:49 PM
Chiefs or the Ravens can take them out. If not, the Steelers will handle their business next time.

Personally, I want the Pats again. I usually get over losses the next day, but when dumbass rules/refs get involved it leaves a bad taste. Worse way to lose.

DesertSteel
12-18-2017, 09:53 PM
Personally, I want the Pats again. I usually get over losses the next day, but when dumbass rules/refs get involved it leaves a bad taste. Worse way to lose.
I think the players feel the same way. That loss may turn into the fuel for revenge.

Hawkman
12-18-2017, 10:17 PM

Lotta games to win before we get there.

stillers4me
12-19-2017, 09:20 AM
No worries. We have another Killer B in the mix. :heh:

12-19-2017, 10:36 AM
Before the season started if the number 1 seed didn't matter. I was actually hoping we didn't beat the Pats in regular season but when it counts.

86WARD
12-19-2017, 03:07 PM
Five games. All they need to do is win five games straight. It’s that simple.