PDA

View Full Version : upon further review

Steelerchad
12-17-2017, 09:42 PM
Hate the call on Jesse James TD. Probably hit the ground, although his right hand may have been under it. Wish they would have let that call stand.
On Ben's INT, one of the Pats D lineman clearly jumped the snap and appeared off sides. Would have given us another play to kick the tying FG had they called it.
But in a game that the Pats were penalized twice for 4 yards I guess we weren't getting that call. Only calls against them were a clear false start and their WR running out of bounds and catching the pass. Other than that, I guess the Pats don't hold, touch WR's past 5 yards, facemask, push after the whistle or any of that other illegal stuff. All of which were visible during this game if you watched it.

86WARD
12-17-2017, 09:44 PM
I missed that were they really offside??

steelreserve
12-17-2017, 09:50 PM

That, and tackling the receiver well before the ball arrived, but we just let those little things go in games like this.

I really hope someone is smearing dogshit all over that ref's house tonight, because I can't think of anyone who deserves it more.

SteelerFanInStl
12-17-2017, 09:55 PM

I just watched the replay a number of times. I'm guessing that he's talking about the DT. If he's not offsides, he got an absolutely perfectly timed jump on the snap. Hard to tell if he jumped or not.

Steelerchad
12-17-2017, 10:00 PM
There isn't a down the line shot that I've seen yet. He jumps out of his stance coming forward prior to any of the other O or D lineman moving at all. Give it a watch and see what you think.

steelreserve
12-18-2017, 01:34 AM
He was offsides, just like the 12 million other fuckin' things they got wrong at the end of the game.

Still haven't seen any reports of dogshit being smeared on the guy's house, which is disappointing to say the least.

Buckinnuts
12-18-2017, 06:56 AM
offsides,pass interference...only one steelers receiver in the endzone? all others just checked down and standing there...why?.....a runner can touch pilon lose ball counts receiver catches ball makes a football move across line has to keep control..that needs to be the same on both plays ...not a double standard..oh well wont change rules but just venting

EzraTank
12-18-2017, 07:41 AM
I just watched it again (and again).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18GWrZLOpAA&feature=player_embedded

I'm sick to my stomach now (again).

At this point the smartest thing for James to have done would have been to catch the ball and just fall on his back while kicking his feet to crawl on his back towards the end zone. Worst case scenario it's our ball 2nd and GOAL at the half inch line with about 28 seconds left and a running clock. We could have easily spiked it and either run Bell or thrown again from the one. They most likely would have stopped the play to review it if it was that close to breaking the plane and we would have had plenty of time to call a play.

And if you watch the video had Smith-Shuster kept running his route deeper James would have been WIDE OPEN and could have stood there and caught it! Damn it, it looks like someone ran the wrong pattern or broke theirs off too early!

Sick to stomach.

tube517
12-18-2017, 07:47 AM

A touchdown. Laughable.

Never knew about this and even more reasons not to watch this joke of a league.

GBMelBlount
12-18-2017, 09:08 AM
I saw the apparent offsides too.

However, I can't blame James for making the split second (and natural imo) decision to try and score the touchdown.

I also do not think there was irrefutable evidence to overturn the touchdown.

Rotorhead
12-18-2017, 09:54 AM
I can't blame Outlaw for the attempt, also can not blame the fake spike play, both were trying to end the game. Hell, the spike play 1 out of a million times that is an incomplete pass or PI which results in a FG by us. That was 100% luck that ball gets tipped into the air for an INT (well luck and a no call). If AB is in there we get that catch . . .

zulater
12-18-2017, 01:27 PM
https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/ChubbyRedLacewing

Look! It's a catch when the Patriots do it!

cubanstogie
12-18-2017, 01:43 PM
https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/ChubbyRedLacewing

Look! It's a catch when the Patriots do it!
nice find! I actually have no problem if they are both catches. They both pass the eye test to me. But your right total hypocrisy. It shouldn't take an engineer to figure out if a catch is a catch.

fansince'76
12-18-2017, 01:44 PM
nice find! I actually have no problem if they are both catches. They both pass the eye test to me. But your right total hypocrisy. It shouldn't take an engineer to figure out if a catch is a catch.

It also shoots to shit the argument that "well, the rule is the rule and it's been applied consistently all season." :coffee:

SteelMember
12-18-2017, 02:28 PM
Didn't like the call only because I think the act of reaching the ball over the line was a football move. If the ground can't cause a fumble how can it cause an incomplete. The rule, however, is written so the refs don't have to make judgement calls, so they now let the booth make them. :rolleyes:

Moving on...

steelreserve
12-18-2017, 02:39 PM
Again, how can you reach out for the goal line if you don't already have control of the ball? You can't, so the play was over as soon as it crossed the goal line.

SteelMember
12-18-2017, 03:07 PM
Apparently, possessing the ball, turning your body to the goal line, putting a knee down is not enough of a football move. In hindsight, I guess he could have just reached it across and brought it back to his body instead of trying to keep it over the line. Dumb rule in this application.

86WARD
12-21-2017, 10:04 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171221/10052bfea90e96af51c0f4c2a6e82508.jpg

Fire Goodell
12-21-2017, 03:30 PM

A touchdown. Laughable.

Never knew about this and even more reasons not to watch this joke of a league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsEa_M7MqYE

Bush league psycho stuff, Laughable man!