PDA

View Full Version : Bye week in jeopardy

Steelerchad
12-17-2017, 08:44 PM
No AB and no room for error. On paper, shouldn't be a problem, but we play down to competition and we are on the road next week. If we drop 1 of the next 2 and the Jags win, which I expect they will, we will be a 3 seed and no bye.
1 play and we go from almost a lock for the #1 to in jeopardy of not getting a bye at all.
Having a bye would be a big advantage with as banged up as we are coming out of this game.
We could have been on easy street the next 2 weeks, resting anyone with minor ailments.
Steelers never make it easy though. They always seem to take the most difficult path.

steelreserve
12-17-2017, 08:46 PM
On the other hand, win both games and we could still be there #1 seed anyway. The Patriots have been exposed. The formula for beating them is out there for anyone who wants to try it.

DesertSteel
12-17-2017, 08:46 PM
That's fine. I like the "every week is a playoff" mentality anyway.

cubanstogie
12-17-2017, 08:50 PM
if we cant beat a depleted Texans team and a winless Browns team we don't deserve a buy. Granted after today they could be in for letdown but still, the Texans suck right now.

fansince'76
12-17-2017, 08:50 PM
if we cant beat a depleted Texans team and a winless Browns team we don't deserve a buy.

This.

SteelerFanInStl
12-17-2017, 08:51 PM
I look for both of those games to be blowouts, even without AB.

st33lersguy
12-17-2017, 09:10 PM
I really don't care what happens for the remainder of the regular season, with the number of top tier players this team has, if they don't win a Super Bowl, the AF North title, all the close wins against vastly inferior teams, and the bye (if they get it) will be rendered meaningless anyway.

That being said, if they can't beat the Texans and Browns at home by more than 1 possession, they probably aren't going to beat the Jags or Pats in the postseason regardless of location anyway

Shoes
12-17-2017, 09:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN4Di8DEPf8

teegre
12-17-2017, 09:28 PM
On the other hand, win both games and we could still be there #1 seed anyway. The Patriots have been exposed. The formula for beating them is out there for anyone who wants to try it.

Jets and Bills are not gimme games.

The Jets already beat the Taperiots once this season... I mean, until that Jets TD was called back.

43Hitman
12-17-2017, 09:30 PM

The Jets already beat the Taperiots once this season... I mean, until that Jets TD was called back.
Ironically by the same referee crew I believe.

teegre
12-17-2017, 09:30 PM
Ironically by the same referee crew I believe.

Verrrry interesting

Fire Goodell
12-17-2017, 09:35 PM
This.
This!

86WARD
12-17-2017, 09:36 PM
if we cant beat a depleted Texans team and a winless Browns team we don't deserve a buy. Granted after today they could be in for letdown but still, the Texans suck right now.

Bottom line.

SteelMayhem72
12-17-2017, 09:38 PM

The Jets already beat the Taperiots once this season... I mean, until that Jets TD was called back. Anybody have a link to that play where the Jets td was called back?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

43Hitman
12-17-2017, 09:40 PM
Anybody have a link to that play where the Jets td was called back?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Yep just like I thought it was Corente's crew.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/new-york-jets-vs-new-england-patriots-austin-seferian-jenkins-touchdown-video-nfl-news/1n3wilm3tjk5n1htspuiyjmckn

Referee explains Austin Seferian-Jenkins playAfter the game, referee Tony Corrente defended his crew's decision:
"The final shot we saw was from the end zone that showed the New York Jets' runner, we'll call him a runner at that point, with the football starting to go toward the ground," Corrente said. "He lost the ball. It came out of his control as he was almost to the ground. Now he re-grasps the ball and by rule, now he has to complete the process of recovery, which means he has to survive the ground again. So in recovering it, he recovered, hit the knee, started to roll and the ball came out a second time. So the ball started to move in his hands this way ... he's now out of bounds in the end zone, which now created a touchback. So he didn't survive the recovery and didn't survive the ground during the recovery is what happened here."

https://www.si.com/nfl/video/2017/10/16/jets-overturned-touchdown-patriots-reaction