PDA

View Full Version : Done with football

ETL
12-17-2017, 06:57 PM
I just can’t invest so much emotion and time into something so flippantly manipulated.

Done.

Mojouw
12-17-2017, 06:58 PM
There are 2-4 overturns like that per week in the NFL.

VIkes has one last week that contributed to their loss.

I get the anger, but it’s the rule not a fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DesertSteel
12-17-2017, 07:01 PM
Just give it a couple days. We can finish 13-3 and get the 2 seed. Plus the loss to Miami forces the Pats to win out, which isn't a guarantee. Regardless, if Brown comes back and Haden gets healthy I like our chances in the playoffs.

j-d-s
12-17-2017, 07:03 PM
This was obviously on Butler for leaving Gronk wide open or in single coverage on the last possession. And Ben for throwing that pass on the fake spike into multiple coverage.

I'm sorry, but we blew it on our own.

ETL
12-17-2017, 07:47 PM
Maya Angelou once said:

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

I know it’s not a fix and I know it’s the rules but I just can’t help feeling that Jesse James scored a TD and whatever words or rules are not going to change how I feel that that was stolen and taken away.

That is why I’m done.

SteelerFanInStl
12-17-2017, 07:48 PM
I'm just tired of having so many games decided by the officiating crew. Let the players decide who wins and loses.

Craic
12-17-2017, 07:51 PM
Maya Angelou once said:

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

I know it’s not a fix and I know it’s the rules but I just can’t help feeling that Jesse James scored a TD and whatever words or rules are not going to change how I feel that that was stolen and taken away.

That is why I’m done.

You know, that is perhaps the absolute best explanation of the problem with the NFL today. Things are called so tightly that it happens all the time. And then, when it isn't called so tightly, or a call is missed, it still feels as though it were stolen because it usually is called so tightly.

fansince'76
12-17-2017, 07:53 PM
I'm just tired of having so many games decided by the officiating crew. Let the players decide who wins and loses.

This. They decided to "let them play today"...until they didn't.

Craic
12-17-2017, 07:55 PM

You know, that is perhaps the absolute best explanation of the problem with the NFL today. Things are called so tightly that it happens all the time. And then, when it isn't called so tightly, or a call is missed, it still feels as though it were stolen because it usually is called so tightly.

Yep, exactly my point. Especially when they then decided to let them play ​in the last play.

pczach
12-17-2017, 08:13 PM

It's amazing how they let the Patriots play......but called penalties on the Steelers. I don't want to hear all the bullshit from fans telling people to stop whining. I'm sick of this bullshit every time we play them. They call Villanueva for a hold on a play where his entire body was between the defender and the RB that was a complete bullshit call on a running play that gained 8 yards, yet there were times when Steeler pass rushers are between the offensive linemen and the quarterback being blatantly held, and there's no call.

It's complete and total bullshit. Not one meaningful penalty or call went against the Patriots.

When Burns is jostling with Gronk down the sideline, it's pass interference. When Bryant is running through the endzone for 30 yards with a Patriot defender holding his left arm the entire way.....there's no call. When Eli Rogers is tackled before the ball gets to him and the ball is deflected into the air on the last play that ends up an interception......there's no flag.

I know that as fans we want everything to go our way, but this is beyond that. How is it that the Patriots never get penalties called against them when we can clearly see them committing what should be penalties? You can't just let one team play, but call the other team differently.

GBMelBlount
12-17-2017, 08:14 PM
Just give it a couple days.

We can finish 13-3 and get the 2 seed.

Plus the loss to Miami forces the Pats to win out, which isn't a guarantee.

Regardless, if Brown comes back and Haden gets healthy I like our chances in the playoffs.

Yes.

SteelerFanInStl
12-17-2017, 08:17 PM
It's amazing how they let the Patriots play......but called penalties on the Steelers. I don't want to hear all the bullshit from fans telling people to stop whining. I'm sick of this bullshit every time we play them. They call Villanueva for a hold on a play where his entire body was between the defender and the RB that was a complete bullshit call on a running play that gained 8 yards, yet there were times when Steeler pass rushers are between the offensive linemen and the quarterback being blatantly held, and there's no call.

It's complete and total bullshit. Not one meaningful penalty or call went against the Patriots.

When Burns is jostling with Gronk down the sideline, it's pass interference. When Bryant is running through the endzone for 30 yards with a Patriot defender holding his left arm the entire way.....there's no call. When Eli Rogers is tackled before the ball gets to him and the ball is deflected into the air on the last play that ends up an interception......there's no flag.

I know that as fans we want everything to go our way, but this is beyond that. How is it that the Patriots never get penalties called against them when we can clearly see them committing what should be penalties? You can't just let one team play, but call the other team differently.

It's what infuriates me about the NFL. Pats had 2 penalties for 4 yards. It's just amazing how they can't throw a damn flag against the Pats. The game winning drive by the Pats started off with a punt return with a very obvious block in the back that also wasn't called. It's just ridiculous. Don't call a penalty on us if you're not going to call the same penalty on the other team.

SteelMayhem72
12-17-2017, 09:22 PM
I just can’t invest so much emotion and time into something so flippantly manipulated.

Done.I'm feeling the same way brother!!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

st33lersguy
12-17-2017, 09:29 PM
I'm ready to tune out of the 2017 season, it's been boring. A bunch of blowouts and poorly executed games, the same teams winning in the same manner over and over again.

Mojouw
12-17-2017, 09:31 PM
I'm ready to tune out of the 2017 season, it's been boring. A bunch of blowouts and poorly executed games, the same teams winning in the same manner over and over again.
That isn’t happening at all.

Vikes
Jags
rams
eagles
texans with Watson before injury

the AFC SUCKS but the NFC has been bonkers.

Born2Steel
12-17-2017, 09:34 PM
This is so dumb. Nobody wins every game. The world cannot come to an end every time the Steelers lose a football game. How do some of you make it in the real world daily? If you are going to quit the entire sport because of one controversy, this is probably not for you anyway.

Fire Goodell
12-17-2017, 09:37 PM
Come on man

See you next week :chuckle:

Hawkman
12-17-2017, 09:42 PM
This is so dumb. Nobody wins every game. The world cannot come to an end every time the Steelers lose a football game. How do some of you make it in the real world daily? If you are going to quit the entire sport because of one controversy, this is probably not for you anyway.

AMEN! I bitch and moan when we lose, but that last for an hour and then I'm rational again. Now if I were a Browns fan it might not be for me......but their fan base is pretty passionate. Hey and win or lose, the Steelers have been pretty entertaining this latter half of the season, blood pressure elevating, but entertaining. Coming down to the last second in four games in a row.

SteelMayhem72
12-17-2017, 09:43 PM
I'm disgusted by all of this because the window is almost shut with Ben as QB...not much time left

SteelMayhem72
12-17-2017, 09:44 PM
AMEN! I bitch and moan when we lose, but that last for an hour and then I'm rational again. Now if I were a Browns fan it might not be for me......but their fan base is pretty passionate. Hey and win or lose, the Steelers have been pretty entertaining this latter half of the season, blood pressure elevating, but entertaining. Coming down to the last second in four games in a row.That's probably put a lot of fans on meds. I bet all the pats fans are healthy as a horse

Hawkman
12-17-2017, 09:48 PM
That's probably put a lot of fans on meds. I bet all the pats fans are healthy as a horse

I know it has for me!:chuckle:

SteelMayhem72
12-17-2017, 09:51 PM
I know it has for me!:chuckle:I think if we had more blow out wins we could relax more but hey it's the Steelers and we are full of drama. Every game is like watching a movie, horror, drama, etc

ETL
12-17-2017, 09:54 PM
I don’t mind losing. I don’t like things being stolen. I just feel that it was stolen

Hawkman
12-17-2017, 09:55 PM
I think if we had more blow out wins we could relax more but hey it's the Steelers and we are full of drama. Every game is like watching a movie, horror, drama, etc

And sometimes even a comedy.

salamander
12-17-2017, 09:57 PM
I stopped watching the NFL altogether this season and my life has gone on just fine. Imagine that. :noidea:

SteelMayhem72
12-17-2017, 11:19 PM
I stopped watching the NFL altogether this season and my life has gone on just fine. Imagine that. :noidea:I think I'm gonna have to do the same