PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin must activate Brian Allen vs Patriots

StillCurtains
12-12-2017, 11:47 AM
Here we go!

It's finally here; Steelers vs Patriots. There are many factors that need to happen for the Steelers to win this game. The main two I would say are simple. That would be that first, they need to be disciplined in all 3 phases by avoiding penalties. They can't win with the holding and unnecessary rougness penalties in all 3 phases as well as false starts on offense and PI calls on defense.

The second main factor is that they MUST tackle and end the blown coverages on defense. This will be a very long afteroon for the defense. With no Haden and Shazier, they will attack the Backers with their RB's in the screen game using them in space. They will also attack the middle with Gronk. Davis and Mitchell will be needed to help the screen game, so they can't be preoccupied with Gronk especially with Shazier out for the year and Haden out.

Allen needs to be used on Gronk all game to have a chance. He has the size, atheletic abilty and speed to be the best option in defending him. Defensively there are enough issues against the Pats in this game, but not playing Allen will be 30 or more yard gains with Gronk in the middle all day. I'm fully aware that Heyward and Tuitt need to play like madmen all day as we will need pressure up the middle on Brady, but I feel Allen needs to play on the backend as well.

The defense needs to find a way to get some pressure, make some key stops and hopefully gets some tipped passes with a couple of turnovers. We'll see, lets just hope for the best.

tube517
12-12-2017, 11:53 AM
B. Allen is already active.

Mojouw
12-12-2017, 11:56 AM
I thought this was what Sean Davis was drafted for?

Fire Goodell
12-12-2017, 11:56 AM
I'd like to see Gronk try to WWE slam some player on our team. I'd bet money that he'd get jumped, our players wouldn't just stand and watch that like the Bills did

StillCurtains
12-12-2017, 12:25 PM
B. Allen is already active.

I know he is game active for special teams. What I mean is that they need to activate him on defense to shadow Gronk.

43Hitman
12-12-2017, 12:31 PM
I'd like to see Gronk try to WWE slam some player on our team. I'd bet money that he'd get jumped, our players wouldn't just stand and watch that like the Bills did
They better just watch and let him be ejected instead of taking unnecessary penalties or being ejected themselves.

teegre
12-12-2017, 02:21 PM
They used Justin Gilbert against Gronk... the only game where they used Gilbert.

So, this idea is not that far off from what might happen.

Psycho Ward 86
12-12-2017, 02:27 PM
They used Justin Gilbert against Gronk... the only game where they used Gilbert.

So, this idea is not that far off from what might happen.

dont forget Travis Kelce. And he actually did well against him, albeit just a few snaps of play

teegre
12-12-2017, 02:28 PM
dont forget Travis Kelce. And he actually did well against him, albeit just a few snaps of play

:nod: Spot on