PDA

View Full Version : The Run Defense...

polamalubeast
12-12-2017, 09:53 AM
The run defense of the steelers against the bengals and especially against the ravens has been atrocious and so frustrating to watch.....What is the biggest problem against the run right now?

The absence of Shazier, or our defense is soft or others?

tube517
12-12-2017, 09:59 AM
Even before Shazier's injury they were getting gashed.

Poor tackling.

And some wide gaping holes and nobody even close in the gap or they overpursued and are left watching the RB go by.

cubanstogie
12-12-2017, 10:02 AM
The run defense of the steelers against the bengals and especially against the ravens has been atrocious and so frustrating to watch.....What is the biggest problem against the run right now?

The absence of Shazier, or our defense is soft or others?
I would actually say they're a little soft. No enforcers. When have we seen a Ryan Clark type hit, or Greg Lloyd. Except for Ju Ju on offense. Mitchell makes an occasional big hit to a defenseless receiver but I really don't recall them punishing anyone lately especially without Shazier. I think the Ravens dominated the line of scrimmage. RB's got to the edge, and there we some huge holes in the middle.

EzraTank
12-12-2017, 10:17 AM
No one on the defense fights through blocks. Watching the Ravens score their last TD Sunday night was a perfect example.

The Ravens just pushed the Steelers off the ball and NO ONE got off a block. It's so sad after years of watching the Steelers dominate the run stop to see such pussies on the line getting owned.

Buckinnuts
12-12-2017, 10:23 AM
Even before Shazier's injury they were getting gashed.

Poor tackling.

And some wide gaping holes and nobody even close in the gap or they overpursued and are left watching the RB go by.

poor tackling yeah ....WRAP YOUR ARMS AROUND THEM JUST DONT SHOULDER THEM ..Dont stop till there on the ground..back to basics boys

43Hitman
12-12-2017, 10:48 AM
Play through the damn whistle. That run by Collins up the sideline last week was pitiful. Davis just came up and gave him a shoulder while I think Moats had his foot. Bring that mofo down!!

vasteeler
12-12-2017, 11:41 AM
What run defense?