PDA

View Full Version : Teams that would be the biggest challenge for the steelers in the playoffs ...

polamalubeast
12-11-2017, 05:11 PM
Chargers,Ravens or Jaguars?

Among his 3 teams that steelers could probably play against them in the playoffs in their first playoffs game (wild card round or divisional round) which team would be the biggest challenge for steelers among his 3 teams ...

43Hitman
12-11-2017, 05:15 PM
Chargers, because they have a defense and a great qb and good running game and good wideouts. Jags defense is still scary but if you can find a weak spot and exploit it, I'm not sure Bortles is going to win a shoot out in the playoffs.

Born2Steel
12-11-2017, 05:15 PM
I would have to vote Chargers if only because we haven't played them this year.

Psycho Ward 86
12-11-2017, 07:21 PM
Ben always seems to play well against the Chargers, the last time we played them he had a "bad" game because he came back too soon from injury and still threw 3 TD's. I feel fine about playing the jaguars again because we've gotten better in a lot of ways that would prevent history from repeating itself: Bell getting more than a handful of touches, attacking the middle of the field, the emergence of Juju, and most importantly the emergence of Ben.

i have no desire to play the ravens again. I hope they play the patriots in the playoffs if they make it because they seem to consistently play them hard

Steeldude
12-11-2017, 07:28 PM
Jaguars. They have the best defense.

Now of course out of all teams the Patriots will be the toughest. I hope the Steelers pass rush is on fire because Brady isn't going to miss wide open passes.

86WARD
12-11-2017, 07:31 PM
Jaguars. They have the best defense by far and already throttled the Steelers once at home. They have a good running game and Bortles isn’t playing terrible.

Would be nice to see them fall to the 4 seed and have to go to NE to play. I’d almost rather play the Patriots than the Jags.

DesertSteel
12-11-2017, 08:27 PM
I don't want to see the Jags again unless it's in the AFCC after they knock off the Pats.

teegre
12-11-2017, 09:07 PM
The Jaguars defense is legit. Bortles is not.

The Chargers are streaky. They could give us a run for the money... or, they could just as easily give us 5 turnovers.

The Ravens are a tough out for us, whether they’re 2-14 or 14-2. I do NOT want to see them again this season.

st33lersguy
12-11-2017, 09:11 PM
Jags are admittedly a tough team with a tough defense and they will be difficult, but I'm going with Chargers. They are the hotter team right now, they're defense is playing great, and one thing that separates the Jags and Chargers is QB. Phillip Rivers is not only the better QB who also happens to be hot right now, but unlike Bortles, he also has playoff experience and has won postseason games

Iron Steeler
12-11-2017, 11:00 PM
I would like our redemtion against the Jags

cubanstogie
12-11-2017, 11:51 PM
there is no easy route to the SB. Either we avenge 2 losses, or avenge a loss and beat Pats twice in one year. Thats assuming we play Jags then Pats. If we face Ravens that means its a knock down drag out and we have to beat them 3 times in one year. Im not worried about Chargers so that worries me. Either way the killer B's are going to have to keep balling. The D is good enough to keep us in games , but not dominate. If Ben doesn't turn ball over I feel good about beating anyone.

Fire Goodell
12-12-2017, 01:48 AM
The jagoffs don't really scare me much. I think if we played them again it'd be like the 2nd time we faced miami last year. The key to beating them is just don't beat yourself. their offense isn't gonna run away with anything unless you're turning over the ball

fansince'76
12-12-2017, 04:29 AM
The jagoffs don't really scare me much. I think if we played them again it'd be like the 2nd time we faced miami last year. The key to beating them is just don't beat yourself. their offense isn't gonna run away with anything unless you're turning over the ball

This. Roethlisberger had the worst game of his career against them earlier this season (yes, even worse than the Raiders game in 2006 when he played with a concussion). I don't expect that to happen again.

I'm with teegre - the Ravens are the team I don't want to see again.

st33lersguy
12-14-2017, 03:23 PM
I picked Chargers and they are dangerous, but I have no desire to play Baltimore again either

Born2Steel
12-14-2017, 04:33 PM
Think about the defenses that would make up this playoff season. The Steelers AND Pats could both be in trouble. Jags, Chargers, Ravens, Chiefs would all bring matchup issues. I don't worry so much about the Titans due to Lebeau, as in, we know what to expect. After the Pats get their 4th loss this week, they will fall behind the Jags, and most likely play the 6th seed, sending the 5th seed to the West winner. If it plays out, Steelers-1, Jags-2, Pats-3, Chiefs-4, Ravens-5, Chargers-6(How I see it as of today)

FrancoLambert
12-14-2017, 05:07 PM
The Jaguars defense is legit. Bortles is not.

The Chargers are streaky. They could give us a run for the money... or, they could just as easily give us 5 turnovers.

The Ravens are a tough out for us, whether they’re 2-14 or 14-2. I do NOT want to see them again this season.

Yep.

GBMelBlount
12-14-2017, 05:35 PM
Ourselves.

EzraTank
12-15-2017, 08:19 AM
Pats and Jags. The rest are all beatable.

From the NFC, I'd say the Saints. Brees would pick apart our underwhelming secondary. I would have said the Eagles but without Wentz they dropped way down.

I'll say this now so it's on record. I think the Jags are going to win the Superbowl this year. They have the same blueprint the 2000 Ravens had. A ridiculous defense with a mediocre QB managing an offense that's just good enough to win.

86WARD
12-15-2017, 09:36 AM
Not only could Brees pick apart the secondary but Kamara and Ingram would gash them on the ground.

tube517
12-15-2017, 10:06 AM
Not only could Brees pick apart the secondary but Kamara and Ingram would gash them on the ground.

Saints are the sleeper choice in the NFC, IMHO.

Devilsdancefloor
12-15-2017, 11:46 AM
Faguars for sure

Iron Steeler
12-15-2017, 02:20 PM
THE PATRIOTS