PDA

View Full Version : JuJu Smith-Schuster Thinks NFL Created Double Standard By Upholding His Suspension

polamalubeast
12-11-2017, 04:30 PM
Suspended for the past week after his hit on Vontaze Burfict, we haven’t gotten a chance to hear from JuJu Smith-Schuster, aside from a couple of tweets he’s sent out since. But posted today to his Youtube channel, he discussed in detail the hit he made and his reaction to the league suspending him for Sunday night’s game against the Baltimore Ravens.

Playing the new Call of Duty, which is officially the most millennial thing ever, Smith-Schuster discusses the hit.

“I didn’t know it was 55 until after,” he said. “I was like, ‘oh, I hit 55?’ So I looked over him and I was like, ‘oh damn, that’s Vontaze Burfict. That’s one of the most dirtiest players in the game and I actually got him.'”

Smith-Schuster still defends the hit as legal. He was fined for the collision and then once more for taunting him afterwards.

“I was just trying to make a block. I felt like it was a clean hit because I hit him in his shoulder pads. You can argue his helmet, his head did go back but still, I thought it was a clean hit.”

read more

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/12/juju-smith-schuster-thinks-nfl-created-double-standard-upholding-suspension/

Born2Steel
12-11-2017, 05:14 PM
C'mon, don't lie about it. Of course you knew it was 55 Burfict. Look at the pic, face straight down to look eye to eye, with clenched fists. That was a taunt and deliberate.

That said, GREAT JOB, BEST HIT I HAVE SEEN ALL SEASON. Burfict got a little payback and it was well worth a 1 game suspension.(Since we ended up winning both games)

DesertSteel
12-11-2017, 06:09 PM
C'mon, don't lie about it. Of course you knew it was 55 Burfict. Look at the pic, face straight down to look eye to eye, with clenched fists. That was a taunt and deliberate.

That said, GREAT JOB, BEST HIT I HAVE SEEN ALL SEASON. Burfict got a little payback and it was well worth a 1 game suspension.(Since we ended up winning both games)
He said he knew it was him when he looked down. That’s why he stared him down.

SteelerFanInStl
12-11-2017, 06:38 PM
Of course they did and then they reinforced it some more by announcing that none of the cheap shot assholes from Seattle will be suspended either.

Butch
12-11-2017, 06:39 PM
And by the way, the league announced today no players from the Seattle/Jacksonville debacle would be suspended for what happened Sunday. Michael Bennett took a low shot at the Jaguars’ center on a kneeldown and Quinton Jefferson attempted to fight a fan who threw a bottle at him. In the league’s eyes, that’s evidently less egregious

Move along nothing to see here.

Mojouw
12-11-2017, 06:50 PM
Multiple reports indicate that the player who attempted to fight the fan was repeatedly called a racial slur and had beer thrown on him. Personally, I wish he would've got up into the stands and stomped the dude.

j-d-s
12-11-2017, 06:59 PM
I'm not sure how in a civilized country racial slurs somehow justify violence.

steelreserve
12-11-2017, 07:06 PM
They created a double standard a long time ago, this is just one more example of it.

Not a double standard, actually - more like no standard, just make it up as you go along.

SteelerFanInStl
12-11-2017, 07:08 PM
Multiple reports indicate that the player who attempted to fight the fan was repeatedly called a racial slur and had beer thrown on him. Personally, I wish he would've got up into the stands and stomped the dude.

I don't advocate throwing drinks at players or using racial slurs (I'm not a Bengals fan) but he was kicked out of the game for a reason. If he hadn't taken a cheap shot at the Jags players and tried to start a fight on a kneel down, he wouldn't have gotten tossed and none of this would've happened. He also could've just ignored the fans and kept going into the locker room. Once he decided to stop and head toward the fans, then he just opened himself up to anything happening.

43Hitman
12-11-2017, 07:12 PM
Violence begets violence. I can't stand racism either, but it doesn't give anyone the right to smash someones face.

bendsteel
12-11-2017, 07:13 PM
I don't advocate throwing drinks at players or using racial slurs (I'm not a Bengals fan) but he was kicked out of the game for a reason. If he hadn't taken a cheap shot at the Jags players and tried to start a fight on a kneel down, he wouldn't have gotten tossed and none of this would've happened. He also could've just ignored the fans and kept going into the locker room. Once he decided to stop and head toward the fans, then he just opened himself up to anything happening.

This x10!

DesertSteel
12-11-2017, 07:15 PM
Yeah it could've gone Ron Artest and that's not cool for any reason.

GBMelBlount
12-11-2017, 07:20 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if Burficts IQ goes UP after a blow to the head.

Mojouw
12-11-2017, 07:25 PM
I hear what you all are saying, I really do. But I'm just sick and tired of the fact that any idiot with an internet connection or who buys a ticket to an event thinks they can do and say whatever they want without consequences.

I kinda feel like maybe a 300+ pound man climbing into the stands to ask the gentleman to repeat his previous statements might really be a solid learning experience for your average drunken asshole.

Obviously, I know as well as each of you that we can not realistically advocate or allow that to take place.

I mean change up the situation, what if a fan called AV a "baby-killer" and a "war criminal" and threw beer on him as he walked into the tunnel. What would you like to have happen there? At least part of you would like to see AV confront the fan and instruct him on a respectful exchange of viewpoints.

86WARD
12-11-2017, 07:40 PM

Doesn’t make it right. Sticks and stones...

The fan should lose privileges.

tube517
12-12-2017, 09:29 AM

Craic
12-12-2017, 09:48 AM

Okay. In all seriousness, when I first looked at that picture I thought to myself, Who's the lucky fourteen-year-old getting his pic taken with all the Steelers? What makes it even more hilarious is this is the same person that crushed Burfict and got suspended a game for being a bad, bad man.

Hawkman
12-12-2017, 10:12 AM

AV is a goof ball!:heh:

lipps83
12-12-2017, 11:50 AM
Okay. In all seriousness, when I first looked at that picture I thought to myself, Who's the lucky fourteen-year-old getting his pic taken with all the Steelers? What makes it even more hilarious is this is the same person that crushed Burfict and got suspended a game for being a bad, bad man.

Baby faced killer.

43Hitman
12-13-2017, 12:41 PM
Hey all here is a must watch video of JuJu's interview today in the locker room. This kid has got such a great demeanor. I can't get enough of this guy. I think I may have a man-crush. :lol:

http://www.steelers.com/videos/videos/Suspension-wont-curb-physicality/59faf047-5ad4-4602-8f44-d1fd7016bcce

Fire Goodell
12-13-2017, 12:47 PM
Fire Goodell!

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-14-2017, 01:06 PM
Hey all here is a must watch video of JuJu's interview today in the locker room. This kid has got such a great demeanor. I can't get enough of this guy. I think I may have a man-crush. :lol:

http://www.steelers.com/videos/videos/Suspension-wont-curb-physicality/59faf047-5ad4-4602-8f44-d1fd7016bcce

when they wrote the article about him in Latrobe staying after practice to catch footballs from the jugs machine, I knew the kid was gonna be a fan favorite. All he does is grind and that is the difference between success and failure in the nfl imo.

Sammie Coates is a better athlete, but not a natural catcher of the football like JuJu, but for a kid with great hands to put in that kind of time, while a guy like Coates who had suspect hands, we never heard of anything like that.....its the difference in where the 2 are IMO.

Mojouw
12-18-2017, 02:59 PM
Just wanted to put this out there. Davis got suspended 2 games for his hit on Adams on Sunday.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3135/thomas-davis

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-18-2017, 03:02 PM
Just wanted to put this out there. Davis got suspended 2 games for his hit on Adams on Sunday.

And I thought Davis hit looked like Iloka hit where he lead with the helmet to helmet.

Kind of a joke that last week it was 0 games, this week its 2 game suspension and what Gronkowski did was only 1 game.

fansince'76
12-18-2017, 03:05 PM
Kind of a joke that last week it was 0 games, this week its 2 game suspension and what Gronkowski did was only 1 game.

NFL "discipline" in a nutshell:

https://sidoxia.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/chimp-darts1.jpg

Mojouw
12-18-2017, 03:07 PM
And I thought Davis hit looked like Iloka hit where he lead with the helmet to helmet.

I think Iloka got a pass because he actually hit a ball carrier. Davis and Juju smacked someone blocking. Gronk should've got more than one.

fansince'76
12-18-2017, 03:24 PM
I think Iloka got a pass because he actually hit a ball carrier. Davis and Juju smacked someone blocking. Gronk should've got more than one.

I think it had more to do with AB popping right back up instead of faking injury like Burfict did. The league office doesn't penalize a hit so much as they penalize the result, as well as the level of media "outrage" it generates.

Hawkman
12-18-2017, 04:36 PM
I think it had more to do with AB popping right back up instead of faking injury like Burfict did. The league office doesn't penalize a hit so much as they penalize the result, as well as the level of media "outrage" it generates.

That sounds about right.

AtlantaDan
12-18-2017, 04:50 PM

Reduce it to one game after the appeal - miss the Tampa Bay game where it will not matter and be back for what should be a big game in Atlanta

The league cannot get out of its own way with inconsistent applications of the "rules"

Butch
12-18-2017, 05:04 PM
I disagree, if it was social media then gronk would have had a 3 game or more suspension. There is a favored team and then there is the team that voted against the CBA and harbors James Harrison on the sidelines. Say what you will but the league is so crooked it could hide behind a corkscrew. IMHO

tube517
12-19-2017, 06:14 AM
Juju needs to rest his hamstring. Dude is a social butterfly. Stay home and feed your puppy and shine your bike. He's all over the place in Pittsburgh.

teegre
12-19-2017, 06:16 AM
Juju needs to rest his hamstring. Dude is a social butterfly. Stay home and feed your puppy and shine your bike. He's all over the place in Pittsburgh.

He’s 21.

tube517
12-19-2017, 07:04 AM
He’s 21.

Ok, he can go and get puppy food. :chuckle:

AtlantaDan
12-19-2017, 06:30 PM
Reduce it to one game after the appeal - miss the Tampa Bay game where it will not matter and be back for what should be a big game in Atlanta

The league cannot get out of its own way with inconsistent applications of the "rules"

Thomas Davis (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3135/thomas-davis) had his suspension reduced to one game. He will miss the Panthers’ game against the Bucs this week but returns for an important NFC South showdown with the Falcons on New Year’s Eve.

Appeals officer James Thrash heard Thomas’ appeal Tuesday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/19/thomas-davis-suspension-reduced-to-one-game/

That of course would be the same Thomas Thrash who upheld JuJu's one game suspension

Fuck the NFL

Butch
12-19-2017, 06:48 PM
Thomas Davis (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3135/thomas-davis) had his suspension reduced to one game. He will miss the Panthers’ game against the Bucs this week but returns for an important NFC South showdown with the Falcons on New Year’s Eve.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/19/thomas-davis-suspension-reduced-to-one-game/

That of course would be the same Thomas Thrash who upheld JuJu's one game suspension

Fuck the NFL

Not picking at you Atlanta Dan but this is my response to the NFL

Shocking!!! Never saw that coming
Say it aint so...
Next thing you know someone will be telling me the NFL is fixed...
See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil

SteelerFanInStl
12-19-2017, 09:48 PM

Fuck the NFL

Yep, fuck the NFL. Thomas Davis with a history of illegal hits and fines commits a hit that was MUCH WORSE than JuJu's hit but ends up getting the same amount of suspension. Fucking pathetic!