PDA

View Full Version : Week 15: Patriots

Psycho Ward 86
12-11-2017, 03:12 PM
Ive already accepted that the defense wont be able to hold its own. Ive also accepted that the Killer B's will be up to the challenge. Ben will have his best game ever against the Patriots, and there wont be any garbage time in this one. Think we'll fall just short, but in a very inspiring performance (with hopefully a round 2, that I think we will take).

-If James/Mcdonald can continue to channel Heath Miller, we'll have several extra scoring drives. I think Haley's playcalling is still just as much of a detriment as it was early in the season, but the difference has been Ben taking the shorter throws when theyre open and attacking the middle of the field. The Patriots wont believe that we'll have the balls to do this so i hope they double AB and watch us march up and down the field in true "death by a thousand papercuts" fashion. Taste of their own medicine

-Bud Dupree's C gap was wide open all day, i expect the patriots shifty RB's to exploit this

-Watt continues to show that he can be flipped on either side and still be productive. Lets use this to get Harrison at least some snaps on the field

37-34 Patriots

Edman
12-11-2017, 03:20 PM
Defense won't be doing much of anything this game. Brady has ripped up much better Steeler Defenses in the past. Minus Haden and Shazier, It will be very hard to watch.

The only chance the Steelers even have is on Offense. They need an A+ performance from the Offense to have a remote shot at winning.

40-24 Patriots.

teegre
12-11-2017, 04:42 PM
As I’ve stated in the other threads...

Brady/Belichick WILL exploit the loss of Shazier with outside runs. Expect the Taperiots RBs to amass 150 yards from scrimmage.

But, BB will more than make up for it. Plus, no one can stop AB right now. He is on another level. Add in Bell (the Taperiots have never played all three), and voila! a shootout for the ages.

DesertSteel
12-11-2017, 06:18 PM
An OT thriller...

43Hitman
12-11-2017, 08:38 PM
Watching so far this Pats defense looks very suspect. Linebackers are slow and cannot handle RB out of the backfield...If we play the same game that we have been with check downs and patience we'll walk up and down the field on these fools.

Miami just scored again. They are winning the LOS

Shoes
12-11-2017, 08:41 PM
Brady caves at the first sign of pressure. Butler needs to get creative but I'm not sure if thats possible.

BlackAndGold
12-11-2017, 08:49 PM
Really hope they give Fort a shot at ILB. Spence, nor Moats are not the answer.

Fort is the only ILB that brings anything close to what Shazier brought to the defense.

43Hitman
12-11-2017, 08:56 PM

Fort is the only ILB that brings anything close to what Shazier brought to the defense.I think they will next week, cause if they don't Lewis will eat our lunch on the edges

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

teegre
12-11-2017, 09:00 PM
Brady caves at the first sign of pressure. Butler needs to get creative but I'm not sure if thats possible.

The only thing that consistently frustrates Brady is pressure up the middle.

He can step step up from an outside pass-rush; he can throw into the blitz; he can just about do everything to counter a defense... except for pressure up the middle. Last season, in the playoffs, the Texans almost beat them (without a QB) with pressure up the middle.

As far as th second point goes, Butler just needs to do what he’s done thus far this season: get sacks from Heyward and Williams (aka pressure up the middle).

SteelerFanInStl
12-11-2017, 09:33 PM
Well, Miami's taking it to them 27-10 right now so I hope that we're taking notes.

Psycho Ward 86
12-11-2017, 09:58 PM

Fort is the only ILB that brings anything close to what Shazier brought to the defense.

If were being honest with ourselves, nobody is probably the answer. We just have to mask this deficiency as best as we can the rest of the season. Spence has been on the streets and was probably the worst run defender last night. Moats hasnt even played ILB in years. Fort knows so little about the defense that when Shazier went down against the Bengals, we brought in Gay as a sub-package linebacker to line everyone up. Unbelievable :lol:.

How good is Fort? i havent been watching enough of his preseason snaps. But if hes better than the other 2, it seems like its time to give Williams the green helmet for the rest of the season

st33lersguy
12-11-2017, 10:06 PM
If were being honest with ourselves, nobody is probably the answer. We just have to mask this deficiency as best as we can the rest of the season. Spence has been on the streets and was probably the worst run defender last night. Moats hasnt even played ILB in years. Fort knows so little about the defense that when Shazier went down against the Bengals, we brought in Gay as a sub-package linebacker to line everyone up. Unbelievable :lol:.

How good is Fort? i havent been watching enough of his preseason snaps. But if hes better than the other 2, it seems like its time to give Williams the green helmet for the rest of the season

Shazier leaves a void that can't be filled by any backup

pepsyman1
12-11-2017, 10:11 PM
Well, Miami's taking it to them 27-10 right now so I hope that we're taking notes.

YES....Take some notes...SOME press man, no huge cushions from the corners, pressure from different places and Brady is folding anytime he's about to get hit. They are beatable. I'd rather take the chance being aggressive and let the chips fall.

They are changing the approach every play. Adjusting coverage, adjusting WHO's rushing or blitzing. Incredible defensive game plan from Miami today. 0-11 on 3rd conversions so far for New England. PLEASE TAKE NOTES KEITH BUTLER.

teegre
12-11-2017, 10:12 PM
Shazier leaves a void that can't be filled by anybody in the NFL

slight edit

st33lersguy
12-11-2017, 11:11 PM
Offensively: let Ben run the show, don't let Todd Haley bog down the offense with his playcalling

Defensively: hit Brady and hit him hard and early. Sure will resul t in flags but will lead to long term gain to shake him up

Psycho Ward 86
12-11-2017, 11:16 PM
Man, Brady really forced those throws on his interceptions. He wasnt even under pressure. He actually wasnt under pressure on many of his throws that fell incomplete. Were going to need that if we dont want to be forced to score 30+ to win. Someone needs to play like Xavien Howard did tonight.

Cutler actually should have had 4 TD's tonight, Jakeem Grant dropped a really easy one on the exact same play Ben was hitting Brown on all night against the Ravens

BlackAndGold
12-12-2017, 01:48 AM

Oh I 100% agree. But Imo Fort is our best shot due to his athletic talents.

BlackAndGold
12-12-2017, 02:16 AM
Wonder if Brian Allen can be used to cover Gronk? Complete wildcard, doubt the Pats would expect that.

They used Cortez Allen in his rookie year(2011) to play that role.

BlackAndGold
12-12-2017, 03:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZzJZ3XFwcA

Belichick is just great lol.

fansince'76
12-12-2017, 04:10 AM
Wonder if Brian Allen can be used to cover Gronk? Complete wildcard, doubt the Pats would expect that.

As long as Butler remembers that a TD is a TD whether it comes at the end of a 15-play drive or a 2-play drive and doesn't roll out the same patented LeBeau "tackle the catch!" passive soft zone garbage that Brady has made a career out of feasting on. I swear I'll turn the game off if he does...

EzraTank
12-12-2017, 07:29 AM
So with the Pats stumbling we can basically "almost" lock up the #1 seed next week with a win!

Man I hope Tomlin and the coaches do exactly the opposite of what they always do to get ready!

- - - Updated - - -

When you win like he does you have the right to treat any reporter like a moron. LOL. The 1:51 mark when the guy asked him about the onside kick ... CLASSIC.

The scary thing is when is the last time the Pats lost two in a row. I'm scared next week they are going to demolish us.

Psycho Ward 86
12-12-2017, 10:32 AM
So with the Pats stumbling we can basically "almost" lock up the #1 seed next week with a win!

Man I hope Tomlin and the coaches do exactly the opposite of what they always do to get ready!

- - - Updated - - -

When you win like he does you have the right to treat any reporter like a moron. LOL. The 1:51 mark when the guy asked him about the onside kick ... CLASSIC.

The scary thing is when is the last time the Pats lost two in a row. I'm scared next week they are going to demolish us.

i cant find the article right now but i posted an article the other day that indicated the patriots cumulative record in general (0.766) is pretty much the same as their record after a loss (0.776). so no hocus pocus here

Fire Goodell
12-12-2017, 10:49 AM

If it works, we better warn Allen to watch out for those blind side WWE elbow drops!

steel striker
12-12-2017, 11:18 AM
I did not watch the whole game last night but, Brady looked rattled his passes were off. I know the cheats will play their best against the Steelers they always do. Steelers can't play safe in this game must get to Brady up the middle send TJ on a mission to wreck this game for Precious Brady and, maybe Harrison will make an impact!! The Steelers time is now and, the offense needs to another huge game to pull this off!

Mojouw
12-12-2017, 11:38 AM
I suspect last night's game is a bit of an aberration for the Pats offense. Gronkowski is the engine that drives their offense. He is the match-up problem, he is the player who Brady looks to on "hot" routes, etc. Since he plays against the Steelers, I expect the offense to be back to hitting on all cylinders.

Hawkman
12-12-2017, 12:05 PM
Could be a 60-59 game.

Shoes
12-12-2017, 01:36 PM
If the Steelers play 60 minutes of focused football they will win easily. I'm tired of hearing this bullshit that Brady is going to be pumped up. Sack his ass a few times and he'll be barking at his OC on the sideline. This team is young and hopefully not brain washed into thinking that they can't beat the Pats. Its time to close this chapter of losing to these shitheads.

tube517
12-12-2017, 01:38 PM
If the Steelers play 60 minutes of focused football they will win easily. I'm tired of hearing this bullshit that Brady is going to be pumped up. Sack his ass a few times and he'll be barking at his OC on the sideline. This team is young and hopefully not brain washed into thinking that they can't beat the Pats. Its time to close this chapter of losing to these ASSHOLES.

:tomlinism:

Fixed.

:chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
12-12-2017, 01:48 PM
The most obnoxious thing that can possibly happen in this game for us defensively is that we shut down Gronk and Cooks, and Brady proceeds to move the ball in death-by-a-thousand-papercuts fashions with White, Burkhead, Amendola, and Hogan

DesertSteel
12-12-2017, 01:55 PM
The Patriots winning percentage after losing a game is about the same as their overall winning percentage in the B&B era (.776 to .766). So don't wet your pants over it.

43Hitman
12-12-2017, 02:01 PM
If the Steelers play 60 minutes of focused football they will win easily. I'm tired of hearing this bullshit that Brady is going to be pumped up. Sack his ass a few times and he'll be barking at his OC on the sideline. This team is young and hopefully not brain washed into thinking that they can't beat the Pats. Its time to close this chapter of losing to these shitheads.
Unfortunately most of Steelers Nation has been brain washed into thinking that. They are living in their fears.

:tomlinism:

DesertSteel
12-12-2017, 02:46 PM
Everybody just don't be surprised when the Steelers come out and play the same soft zone that they always have against the Pats. I just knew that in the AFCC they would switch up, but they didn't. I'm expecting the same scheme, for better or for worse.

AtlantaDan
12-12-2017, 04:10 PM
Belichick always willing to consider players cut for attitude and other off the field issues if it will improve the team. Bob Kraft can pontificate about maintaining standards but Belichick calls the shots.

Patriots close to deal with troubled but talented WR Kenny Britt

In 2014, the Patriots had hosted Britt on a free-agent visit, but owner Robert Kraft reportedly told the Boston Herald that because of off-field issues, "We won't be signing him. That won't happen."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21750579/new-england-patriots-close-deal-wr-kenny-britt

Mojouw
12-12-2017, 04:21 PM
Belichick always willing to consider players cut for attitude and other off the field issues if it will improve the team. Bob Kraft can pontificate about maintaining standards but Belichick calls the shots.

Patriots close to deal with troubled but talented WR Kenny Britt

In 2014, the Patriots had hosted Britt on a free-agent visit, but owner Robert Kraft reportedly told the Boston Herald that because of off-field issues, "We won't be signing him. That won't happen."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21750579/new-england-patriots-close-deal-wr-kenny-britt

They signed Floyd last season (I think) and it didn't blow up in their faces but it really didn't matter either.

Britt is by far a more talented WR than most teams can pull off the street at this point in the season, but he doesn't scare me either. Like, Britt can beat you for sure -- but I'm not making a "stop Kenny Britt or Else!" gameplan either.

86WARD
12-12-2017, 06:58 PM
Britt stinks. He stunk in Tennessee. He stunk in St. Louis. He stunk in LA. He was worse in Cleveland. Glad to see they signed him.

SteelerFanInStl
12-12-2017, 07:25 PM
Britt stinks. He stunk in Tennessee. He stunk in St. Louis. He stunk in LA. He was worse in Cleveland. Glad to see they signed him.

Agreed. He drops so many passes.

Shoes
12-12-2017, 07:36 PM
Everybody just don't be surprised when the Steelers come out and play the same soft zone that they always have against the Pats. I just knew that in the AFCC they would switch up, but they didn't. I'm expecting the same scheme, for better or for worse.

If Butler does his Lebeau impersonation against the pats I'd fire him on the spot.

Iron Steeler
12-12-2017, 10:35 PM

Amen.

Dont build them up into some scarey monster. They are human, hit em in the mouth and they will bleed.

Lets go Steelers!

pepsyman1
12-13-2017, 03:04 AM

If they do that, the Tomlin and Butler both deserve to be fired. In ANY competitive sport, never change a winning game plan, ALWAYS change a losing game plan. They have already proven that that game plan has 0% chance of winning against the Pats. If they get beaten while taking an in-your-face aggressive approach, they've at least tried a different strategy and if it doesn't work they weren't gonna win regardless. If they get beat putting Brady on his ass, I'll live with it.

teegre
12-13-2017, 06:24 AM
This team is young and hopefully not brain washed into thinking that they can't beat the Pats.

Amen!!!

JuJu wasn’t even in kindergarten yet, when the Steelers played the Taperiots in the 2001 AFCCG.

Artie Burns was in third grade when the Steelers played the Taperiots in the 2004 AFCCG.

And... Chris Boswell attended his junior high school winter formal, the weekend after the Steelers played the Taperiots in last season’s AFCCG.

86WARD
12-13-2017, 06:53 AM

Preach Shoes! PREACH!!

Buckinnuts
12-13-2017, 07:08 AM
keys.Contain,Attack ,Cover and Tackle....offense will take care of its self...

DesertSteel
12-13-2017, 10:10 AM
I have to say that I am more excited about this game than any regular season game I can recall in years. The stage is set.

zulater
12-13-2017, 11:01 AM
I think the schedule played to our favor in this one. The Patriots are coming off a road Monday night game and here we are playing consecutive home games. Also if Brady's achillies is nagging him that could play to our benefit.

As far as the Steelers go. Offensively we're operating at peak level. Getting Ju Ju back will be a plus. And it looks as if Ben and "the outlaw" Jesse James have found their rhythm. Bryant? Who knows? Maybe he'll get his brain into this one? I think the Steelers should move the ball well all game against the Patriots. Execute in the red zone and I would expect a 30+ point output.

Now of course this brings us to the defense. I'm hoping the Steelers sandbagged a little last week and they've got a better plan this game to replace Shazier. If I'm right Spence and Moats will get minimal defensive snaps this game. Anyway if Brady is a little hobbled we should be able to limit them to some degree. Long story short if we can keep their running game in relative check ( under 110 yards) I think we will produce a timely sack or two and maybe finally force Brady into an interception!

Final score Steelers 37-27

steel striker
12-13-2017, 11:15 AM
The Pats can be beat and, it starts up front must get pressure on Precious make him uncomfortable. The offense must score TD's instead of FG's it's the Steelers time and, Ben is playing great Steelers take this one 37-20.

AtlantaDan
12-13-2017, 11:52 AM
I think the schedule played to our favor in this one. The Patriots are coming off a road Monday night game and here we are playing consecutive home games. Also if Brady's achillies is nagging him that could play to our benefit.

Agreed Pats coming into Heinz following a Monday night game and for a third consecutive road game is a break for the Steelers.

OTOH Steelers are coming off back to back division games against Bengals and Ravens that are always tough. When the Steelers were down 11 midway through the second half Sunday night, after having been outscored 31-6 following a hot start, Collinsworth noted the Bengals had collapsed earlier that day (which admittedly might be because the Bengals are choking dogs who simply quit) and speculated the Monday night brawl had worn out both the Steelers and Bengals. I am concerned how much the Steelers have left in the tank after all that has occurred in the past 2 games.

As for the NFL and scheduling, with the computer software available to smooth out playing times it is nuts that the Steelers played 5 of their last 6 games at night.

teegre
12-13-2017, 02:19 PM
I have to say that I am more excited about this game than any regular season game I can recall in years. The stage is set.

:nod:

Reminds me of the Week 14 regular season game in the 1997 season, against the Broncos, when Cowher closed practice to the media.

86WARD
12-13-2017, 05:06 PM
Bryant didn’t practice today as a coaches decision...anyone hear why?

GBMelBlount
12-13-2017, 05:38 PM
The most obnoxious thing that can possibly happen in this game for us defensively is that we shut down Gronk and Cooks,

and Brady proceeds to move the ball in death-by-a-thousand-DINKS fashions with White, Burkhead, Amendola, and Hogan

Fixed it for ya.

AtlantaDan
12-13-2017, 06:01 PM

The official explanation is “not injury related” as opposed to the “illness” explanation when he kept missing practices before the blowup leading to not dressing for the Lions game

Either it is another drug counseling day or Bryant is mentally checked out again.

Tomlin was pretty cold yesterday when he said “now you know why” Bryant had not been returning kickoffs

Psycho Ward 86
12-13-2017, 06:05 PM
And of course Brady is a full participant immediately in the week after struggling with his achilles for some time.

Then again it is the Pats, so he could have been sitting in the training room all day for all we know

43Hitman
12-13-2017, 06:09 PM
And of course Brady is a full participant immediately in the week after struggling with his achilles for some time.

Then again it is the Pats, so he could have been sitting in the training room all day for all we know
I was listening to their radio network today and they said it was a walk through.

Craic
12-13-2017, 06:12 PM
I've got the answer to Gronk.

Ju Ju. :chuckle:

86WARD
12-13-2017, 06:31 PM
The official explanation is “not injury related” as opposed to the “illness” explanation when he kept missing practices before the blowup leading to not dressing for the Lions game

Either it is another drug counseling day or Bryant is mentally checked out again.

Tomlin was pretty cold yesterday when he said “now you know why” Bryant had not been returning kickoffs

Tuitt missed practice today and was listed as “illness”.

st33lersguy
12-13-2017, 06:32 PM
Not counting on Brady having another bad day, especially with Gronk back. Offense will have to score a lot of points

Psycho Ward 86
12-13-2017, 07:50 PM
Patriots put Starting RT Marcus Cannon on IR: https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2017-nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-new-england-patriots-tickets-streaming-time-how-to-watch/2017/12/13/16773512/patriots-place-rt-marcus-cannon-on-ir-prior-to-meeting-with-steelers-week-15-injury-news-afc

Normally I would say that this could be huge but apparently the back ups have done well against the likes of Joey Bosa, Von Miller, and Khalil Mack. I doubt Dupree will have anymore luck

Edman
12-13-2017, 08:36 PM
This team is young and hopefully not brain washed into thinking that they can't beat the Pats. Its time to close this chapter of losing to these shitheads.

That falls on coaching, and unfortunately, the Pats have shellshocked Tomlin. Young players can have all the confidence and not brainwashing in the world, if the coaching doesn't put them into a position to succeed, then the confidence is useless. The players may not be scared, but the coaches are. Tomlin is frightened and paranoid of Belichick. He padlocked the locker room in last years AFCC.

If Tomlin and Butler, under any circumstance, come out and play soft zone like little bitches, the game is lost from the word go.

GBMelBlount
12-13-2017, 08:54 PM
If the Steelers play 60 minutes of focused football they will win easily. I'm tired of hearing this bullshit that Brady is going to be pumped up. Sack his ass a few times and he'll be barking at his OC on the sideline.

This team is young and hopefully not brain washed into thinking that they can't beat the Pats.

Its time to close this chapter of losing to these shitheads.

Quoted for Yes!

Mojouw
12-14-2017, 12:11 AM
The more I think about, the more I’m not certain this game means as much to the team as it does to the fans.

If the Steelers are going to get to the SB, they are almost certainly going to play the Pats again.

Maybe not showing them anything new in this weeks game leaves the Steelers with better odds in a playoff rematch?

That being said getting the monkey off your back is pretty darn important too.

I gotta stop thinking about this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lady Steel
12-14-2017, 01:06 AM

Belichick always looks like he's constipated. :lol:

teegre
12-14-2017, 06:22 AM
The more I think about, the more I’m not certain this game means as much to the team as it does to the fans.

If the Steelers are going to get to the SB, they are almost certainly going to play the Pats again.

Maybe not showing them anything new in this weeks game leaves the Steelers with better odds in a playoff rematch?

Most likely, yes, these two teams will meet again... and that second game would be more important.

Then again, let’s say that the Steelers win out... and so do the Jaguars. Suddenly, the Taperiots are a #3 seed, which means that they would have to play an extra game. Not only does that mean that the odds of the Taperiots being eliminated doubles (unlikely, but 2 chances is mathematically twice as likely as 1 chance)... it means no bye, no rest, and getting extra tired.

Sure, the Taperiots aren’t our rival. Sure, we haven’t beaten them since 2010. But, let’s not act like the Taperiots don’t care about this game. (This paragraph is not a reply to you, but in response to everyone who says that this game has little meaning to the Taperiots.)

Back to your point, I might start Sutton. If he fairs well, I’d rest Haden/save Haden for Round 2. :nod:

GBMelBlount
12-14-2017, 06:27 AM
It seems as though the idea of moving TJ to linebacker is gaining traction.

I am curious, knowing that the FO must be aware option, if anyone thinks they will do this, either Sunday or later on in the season?

43Hitman
12-14-2017, 06:36 AM
It seems as though the idea of moving TJ to linebacker is gaining traction.

I am curious, knowing that the FO must be aware option, if anyone thinks they will do this, either Sunday or later on in the season?
Well they have already done it a few times earlier in the year, so it's certainly possible. I don't think they would start the game that way, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had and extra green dot for VW so he could make some of the calls if Spence/Moats start getting exposed. I really don't think they would put TJ in a position where he would be making the calls back there but I could see a scenario where he fills VW's spot and VW would fill Shay's spot and use Spence/ Moats primarily on ST.

AtlantaDan
12-14-2017, 08:15 AM

GBMelBlount
12-14-2017, 08:44 AM
Slightly embarrassing...

DesertSteel
12-14-2017, 09:34 AM
Then again, let’s say that the Steelers win out... and so do the Jaguars. Suddenly, the Taperiots are a #3 seed, which means that they would have to play an extra game. Not only does that mean that the odds of the Taperiots being eliminated doubles (unlikely, but 2 chances is mathematically twice as likely as 1 chance)... it means no bye, no rest, and getting extra tired.

I hadn't thought about that at all.......... So Jax had the tie breaker? I think that the Jags definitely win out based on their schedule. The Pats a 3 seed is definitely an advantage for the Steelers. But the Jags worry me too........

AtlantaDan
12-14-2017, 09:51 AM
I hadn't thought about that at all.......... So Jax had the tie breaker? I think that the Jags definitely win out based on their schedule. The Pats a 3 seed is definitely an advantage for the Steelers. But the Jags worry me too........

Based on conference record

If the Patriots lose in Pittsburgh and the Jaguars win at home against the reeling Texans this coming weekend, they would both stand 10-4. The Jaguars would be 9-2 in AFC games, while the Patriots would be 7-3.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/12/13/how-the-jacksonville-jaguars-could-steal-an-afc-bye-from-the-patriots/?utm_term=.3289e82b67a3

Of course the 49ers game may not be the walkover road win for the Jags everyone has assumed it will be now that Garrapolo is the 49ers QB and Jags@Titans is no sure thing if Mariota is healthy

The AFC has been all about Patriots-Steelers all season but the Chargers and Jags are two teams that might make some noise in the playoffs. For that matter Steelers probably would want no part of a third matchup with the Ravens.

AtlantaDan
12-14-2017, 10:13 AM
Link to PFF video on the matchup (need to put up with a 15 second commercial intro)
http://www.nbcsports.com/sites/nbcsports.com/files/styles/double_1__desktop_large_/public/2017/12/13/nbc_pff_patriotssteelers_week15_171213.jpg?itok=oU 7RU1CP&timestamp=1513203487
http://www.nbcsports.com/video/new-england-patriots-pittsburgh-steelers-battle-afc-supremacy?ls=social-vid

DesertSteel
12-14-2017, 10:20 AM
Link to PFF video on the matchup (need to put up with a 15 second commercial intro)
http://www.nbcsports.com/sites/nbcsports.com/files/styles/double_1__desktop_large_/public/2017/12/13/nbc_pff_patriotssteelers_week15_171213.jpg?itok=oU 7RU1CP&timestamp=1513203487
http://www.nbcsports.com/video/new-england-patriots-pittsburgh-steelers-battle-afc-supremacy?ls=social-vid
According to PFF LeVeon Bell is the 17th best RB this year.

DesertSteel
12-14-2017, 10:32 AM
Based on conference record

If the Patriots lose in Pittsburgh and the Jaguars win at home against the reeling Texans this coming weekend, they would both stand 10-4. The Jaguars would be 9-2 in AFC games, while the Patriots would be 7-3.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/12/13/how-the-jacksonville-jaguars-could-steal-an-afc-bye-from-the-patriots/?utm_term=.3289e82b67a3

Of course the 49ers game may not be the walkover road win for the Jags everyone has assumed it will be now that Garrapolo is the 49ers QB and Jags@Titans is no sure thing if Mariota is healthy

The AFC has been all about Patriots-Steelers all season but the Chargers and Jags are two teams that might make some noise in the playoffs. For that matter Steelers probably would want no part of a third matchup with the Ravens.

To be honest, I'd like for them to extend a bye straight to the Super Bowl for the Steelers. It would be much better on my mental health.

AtlantaDan
12-14-2017, 10:35 AM
According to PFF LeVeon Bell is the 17th best RB this year.

Being 23rd in yards per rushing attempt apparently a factor

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/rushing/sort/yardsPerRushAttempt

For as many targets as he receives surprised Bell is behind Kamara and Gurley for receiving yards by RBs.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving

AtlantaDan
12-14-2017, 10:41 AM
To be honest, I'd like for them to extend a bye straight to the Super Bowl for the Steelers. It would be much better on my mental health.

Agreed :chuckle:

DesertSteel
12-14-2017, 11:27 AM
Being 23rd in yards per rushing attempt apparently a factor

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/rushing/sort/yardsPerRushAttempt

For as many targets as he receives surprised Bell is behind Kamara and Gurley for receiving yards by RBs.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving
Bell isn't the best IMO and he isn't worth $15M but there aren't 16 RBs better than him. That's laughable.

86WARD
12-14-2017, 11:27 AM

I don’t think that’s necessarily true. If the Patriots lose here and the Jags win out, there’s a very good chance that the Patriots would have to return to Florida this season to play the Jags in Jacksonville. That’s not an easy task...

steelreserve
12-14-2017, 11:57 AM

There's a good chance they'd end up playing the Ravens in that case, and for some reason the Ravens seem to kick them right in the sack more often than not, even if they're not having a good year. I would love to see that sequence of events unfold.

AtlantaDan
12-14-2017, 12:00 PM
Bell isn't the best IMO and he isn't worth $15M but there aren't 16 RBs better than him. That's laughable.

I agree - but once you start tweaking any algorithm to make it pass the eye test then the model breaks down

Another example is Football Outsiders DVOA rankings - that site has good information but I am highly doubtful the 2 best teams in football are the Rams and Saints or that the Ravens are better than the Patriots

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2017/week-14-dvoa-ratings

GBMelBlount
12-14-2017, 12:38 PM
So we are 1st in the league in pass protection...

and Patriots are 32nd in pass rush.

Hmmmm...what to do? :hmm:

http://www.nbcsports.com/sites/nbcsports.com/files/styles/double_1__desktop_large_/public/2017/12/13/nbc_pff_patriotssteelers_week15_171213.jpg?itok=oU 7RU1CP×tamp=1513203487

DesertSteel
12-14-2017, 01:19 PM
I agree - but once you start tweaking any algorithm to make it pass the eye test then the model breaks down

Another example is Football Outsiders DVOA rankings - that site has good information but I am highly doubtful the 2 best teams in football are the Rams and Saints or that the Ravens are better than the Patriots

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2017/week-14-dvoa-ratings
That's why man will always be smarter than computers.

steelreserve
12-14-2017, 01:40 PM

Well, it averages in the first four games when he sucked because of his holdout. That's like a third of the season. So statistically, he probably is a lot lower than how good he is right at this particular moment. Now we see how he shot himself in the foot by bitching instead of coming ready to play and putting up big numbers.

Run up the middle. Like 20 times for no gain. Then pass 40 times in a row and wonder why they've caught on. It would work better if we had Willie Parker for this.

Born2Steel
12-14-2017, 01:56 PM

They are 32nd in pass rush AND 30th in run defense. Yet have only lost 3 games this season. These numbers mean very little.

teegre
12-14-2017, 02:19 PM

The Jaguars defense is legit. Bortles is not.

If the Taperiots end up as the #3 seed, and we end up as the #1 seed... then in order to play us again, the Taperiots would have to beat the #6 Ravens AND beat the #2 Jaguars in Jacksonville. Both of which are tough games for them.

Steelers bye
Jaguars bye

Taperiots vs. Ravens in wild card round.

If the Taperiots win, they would then have to play the Jaguars in the divisional round.

86WARD
12-14-2017, 02:32 PM

Martavis Bryant is back at practice.

He confirmed he's dealing w a family issue. When asked if that makes it difficult to get ready for the Patriots, he said "No, it just makes me pissed off even more."

Fire Goodell
12-14-2017, 02:33 PM
They are 32nd in pass rush AND 30th in run defense. Yet have only lost 3 games this season. These numbers mean very little.

Honestly their run defense is weak, and has been weak all season. The problem is their offense usually has them jumping out to early leads which forces their opponents to abandon the running game. I honestly think the key to beating them is to avoid falling into an early hole. Score first then ram it down their throats. That's pretty much how Miami and KC did it. Of course to stop their offense from scoring though, you have to get to Brady (goes without saying, he's really what makes the patriots the patriots)

If we win the coin toss, don't defer. Scoring first against these guys is critical imo. Actually the only times I ever remembered a Steeler win against Brady was when we did get an early lead.

slippy
12-14-2017, 02:43 PM
i think Ben's gonna need another 500 yard game.

Psycho Ward 86
12-14-2017, 03:00 PM

But look at their scoring defense. Thats all that matters

st33lersguy
12-14-2017, 03:22 PM
There's a good chance they'd end up playing the Ravens in that case, and for some reason the Ravens seem to kick them right in the sack more often than not, even if they're not having a good year. I would love to see that sequence of events unfold.

In that scenario, the Ravens would most likely play Pittsburgh in the divisional round, and I do not want to play that team again

Iron Steeler
12-14-2017, 03:26 PM

I agree it is usually hte other way around, where we are coming off a short week. Also, I think the Patriots were looking ahead to us knowing that we won Sunday night. Does the media every think that we might be in the Patriots head?

steelreserve
12-14-2017, 03:28 PM
In that scenario, the Ravens would most likely play Pittsburgh in the divisional round, and I do not want to play that team again

I would, if it meant that Patriots are sitting at the bathhouse instead of playing football. The less I am forced to see Brady whining and bitching his way up and down a football field, the better. I don't care about the Ravens; we beat them frequently and they are not exactly looking like a juggernaut this season.

AtlantaDan
12-14-2017, 03:49 PM
All 5 of the USA Today writers who make the weekly NFL picks are picking the Steelers over the Pats :faint:

https://usat.ly/2AmWh6z

Rotorhead
12-14-2017, 04:28 PM
I guess at this point, I want the Steelers to come out and play a good game. I want the offense to roll and make the plays they need to make, and the defense to not play zone and see if we can beat them. I hope we have a gameplan that allows us to beat them. I want Bryant to do something and Juju to make the big plays he has been making. Most of all I want to come away healthy and ready for the playoffs.

FrancoLambert
12-14-2017, 05:17 PM

I'm with you. Although we did it to them in 2008, it's tough to beat a tough divisional rival three times in one season.

On the other hand, Joe Flacco does suck.

86WARD
12-14-2017, 05:26 PM
Bells numbers have been horrific against the Patriots. He seems to be the one weapon Belichick tries to eliminate.

AtlantaDan
12-14-2017, 05:36 PM
But look at their scoring defense. Thats all that matters

True that - but if you have been playing against crap offenses it can overstate the likelihood of a defense having similar success against a good offense

Football Outsiders still has the DVOA of the Pats defense in the dumpster and Jay Cutler made it look pretty bad Monday night

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

DesertSteel
12-14-2017, 05:46 PM
Bells numbers have been horrific against the Patriots. He seems to be the one weapon Belichick tries to eliminate.
Except for his rookie year, he's either been out altogether or injured during the game. That makes it easier for the genius to stop him.

Psycho Ward 86
12-14-2017, 06:19 PM
True that - but if you have been playing against crap offenses it can overstate the likelihood of a defense having similar success against a good offense

Football Outsiders still has the DVOA of the Pats defense in the dumpster and Jay Cutler made it look pretty bad Monday night

same can be said of us. besides, the patriots have held opponents to lower than their average PPG for like 8 straight games (up until the dolphins game). im not gonna hold my breath on easy scoring against the patriots. i still feel like we'll hit 30, im just not confident that it will be enough

- - - Updated - - -

If I recall correctly though, Ben/Bell/Brown have never played together against the Patriots up until the AFCCG last year (and that doesnt really count since we lost Bell early in the game)

tube517
12-14-2017, 10:19 PM

Bell vs Cheats**

2013: 15 carries -74 yds 4 rec, 65 yds - Game was close through 3 quarters but 4th quarter was horrific.

2015: Suspended. DeAngelo had 127 yards and a great game

2016: 21-81yds - 10 rec 68 yards. Landry at QB

2016 AFCC game: Injured early

86WARD
12-15-2017, 06:14 AM
Bell vs Cheats**

2013: 15 carries -74 yds 4 rec, 65 yds - Game was close through 3 quarters but 4th quarter was horrific.

2015: Suspended. DeAngelo had 127 yards and a great game

2016: 21-81yds - 10 rec 68 yards. Landry at QB

2016 AFCC game: Injured early

Zero rushing or receiving TDs in 9 quarters.

Count Steeler
12-15-2017, 06:34 AM
Don't call any reverses in the red zone!!!! Especially on the first drive.

I have a feeling the last team with the ball is going to win.

AtlantaDan
12-15-2017, 09:43 AM
Good breakdown of the game in this article in The Ringer

The AFC’s Matchup of the Year Looks Like a Shootout

The one area where Pittsburgh does have an advantage on defense is up front. Underrated Patriots right tackle Marcus Cannon is on IR with an ankle injury, and his replacement, LaAdrian Waddle, is nursing an ankle problem of his own. Cam Heyward and Stephon Tuitt should both have opportunities to work against replacement tackle Cameron Fleming, and that’s good news for the Steelers—because if they can’t bother Brady on Sunday, they’re going to be in for a long afternoon. ...

If there’s one prediction I feel comfortable making about the Game of the Year, it’s that we’re going to see a whole lot of points. Given the way the Steelers’ offense has been rolling of late, I think they deserve the slight edge. Both defenses will be tested on Sunday afternoon, but the talent advantage Pittsburgh has with its front four should allow the Steelers to make one or two key plays against Brady. On offense, Pittsburgh has a different group of players than the one that struggled against New England early in 2017, and it feels like the combination of Bell, Brown, and a red-hot Roethlisberger will be enough to help it squeak by at home.

No matter what happens, this one should make for appointment viewing.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/12/15/16779434/pittsburgh-steelers-new-england-patriots-week-15-matchup

tube517
12-15-2017, 03:22 PM

SteelMayhem72
12-15-2017, 03:30 PM
I'm not feeling this game...I'm beginning to think the Patriots are gonna steam roll us...their defense will eliminate brown and bell imho and I think our defense will still do the same old bland shit and be picked apart...same as last year

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

86WARD
12-15-2017, 03:53 PM
I have great hope...but I am sticking by my 45-20 shellacking until the coaching staff can prove otherwise...

Shoes
12-15-2017, 04:16 PM
LMAO!

Tom Brady is coming to town!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulr5gKLrIes

SteelMayhem72
12-15-2017, 05:09 PM
I have great hope...but I am sticking by my 45-20 shellacking until the coaching staff can prove otherwise...Yeah I'm still sticking by my 45-17

BlackAndGold
12-15-2017, 05:17 PM
I'm not feeling this game...I'm beginning to think the Patriots are gonna steam roll us...their defense will eliminate brown and bell imho and I think our defense will still do the same old bland shit and be picked apart...same as last year

One of the worse offenses in football just scored 38 points on this defense.

This team is in for an ass kicking.

Shoes
12-15-2017, 05:22 PM
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde fan base has come out of the game day threads. LMAO!

st33lersguy
12-15-2017, 05:37 PM
Gronkowski's back after his suspension and people seem to be doubting the Pats right now which usually ends up leading to Brady responding by coming out on fire and kicking his next opponent in the ass. Steelers also had some issues with playing against the run and screen passes to the RBs (i.e. Bears, Jags, Packers rookie RB), with Shazier. Without Shazier, they got run over by the Ravens no-name RBs. Pats RBs against a Shazier-less defense should even the most optimistic of Steeler fans. Big Ben will likely need another monster day for the Steelers to win. After his first 500 yards day since 2014, I'm hoping for his first 6 TD day since 2014

DesertSteel
12-15-2017, 05:55 PM

Yeah and the Dolphins are better than the Patriots based on your logic. Why are you even going to bother watching?

BostonBlackie
12-15-2017, 06:07 PM
LMAO!

Tom Brady is coming to town!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulr5gKLrIes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGcWFIyW6VM

Steelers 34 Patriots 17

Shoes
12-15-2017, 06:13 PM
Well here's what all the NFL*EXPERTS* said about the Pats-Dolphins game last week.

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2017/12/10/what-nfl-experts-are-saying-about-this-weeks-patriots-dolphins-game (https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2017/12/10/what-nfl-experts-are-saying-about-this-weeks-patriots-dolphins-game)

43Hitman
12-15-2017, 06:51 PM
Yeah and the Dolphins are better than the Patriots based on your logic. Why are you even going to bother watching?
So are you going to be watching from under your blankets with your binky?

DesertSteel
12-15-2017, 07:09 PM
So are you going to be watching from under your blankets with your binky?
I'm gonna be front and center with my terrible towel. They might get beat. I'm no cheerleader. But if I thought an 11-2 was going to get blown out on their home field, I wouldn't bother watching. To each their own.

- - - Updated - - -

As usual though a lot of people will be on here Sunday night saying "I'm so happy to eat crow.." blah blah blah.

And there's really no reason to be a prick either.

43Hitman
12-15-2017, 07:29 PM
I'm gonna be front and center with my terrible towel. They might get beat. I'm no cheerleader. But if I thought an 11-2 was going to get blown out on their home field, I wouldn't bother watching. To each their own.

- - - Updated - - -

As usual though a lot of people will be on here Sunday night saying "I'm so happy to eat crow.." blah blah blah.

And there's really no reason to be a prick either.

Don't be so emotional, I was goofing around. I figured you could handle. I guess not. :coffee:

DesertSteel
12-15-2017, 07:36 PM
Don't be so emotional, I was goofing around. I figured you could handle. I guess not. :coffee:
This game Sunday has left me without a sense of humor. :horror:

teegre
12-15-2017, 08:41 PM

And, the Steelers just scored 39 on one of the league’s best defenses...

SteelMayhem72
12-15-2017, 08:53 PM
And, the Steelers just scored 39 on one of the league’s best defenses...Good point!

BlackAndGold
12-16-2017, 05:35 AM

Because I'm a fan. Just not being a homer.

It's my honest opinion based on the history between these two teams, I sure hope I'm wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

That is very true.

AtlantaDan
12-16-2017, 05:59 AM

Dolphins put up 27 on the Patriots - but we all know Jay Cutler is headed to Canton and Ben Roethlisberger is a game manager working with journeymen at WR and RB

FWIW the defense the Steelers scored 39 on last week is #1 in Football Outsiders DVOA rankings - the mighty Patriots are ranked #30

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-16-2017, 06:18 AM
We win this one cause it's at home and we are the better team! We already tied the all time record this year beating top notch teams. When we beat them we will have the record since the merger.

- - - Updated - - -

Dolphins put up 27 on the Patriots - but we all know Jay Cutler is headed to Canton and Ben Roethlisberger is a game manager working with journeymen at WR and RB I watched the game and could have put up more but played it safe after the 27!

Hawkman
12-16-2017, 08:08 AM
Injury report-Steelers seem to be in a bit better shape. With all those defensive players for the Pats banged up.....this could be a real shootout.

STEELERS

OUT

TE Vance McDonald (Shoulder)

DOUBTFUL
No players listed

QUESTIONABLE
CB Joe Haden (Fibula)
CB Coty Sensabaugh (Shoulder)
WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (Hamstring)

Pats

OUT
DL Alan Branch (Knee)

DOUBTFUL
No players listed

QUESTIONABLE
DL Trey Flowers (Rib)
CB Stephon Gilmore (Ankle)
LB David Harris (Ankle)
WR Chris Hogan (Shoulder)
DB Brandon King (Hamstring)
DL Eric Lee (Ankle)
WR Matthew Slater (Hamstring)
LB Kyle Van Noy (Calf)
OT LaAdrian Waddle (Ankle)
DL Deatrich Wise Jr. (Foot)

Hawkman
12-16-2017, 08:37 AM

.....and they did it with 66 pass attempts with no picks, against the leading takeaway team. That boggles my mind.

AtlantaDan
12-16-2017, 09:09 AM
Injury report-Steelers seem to be in a bit better shape. With all those defensive players for the Pats banged up.....this could be a real shootout.

STEELERS

OUT

DOUBTFUL
No players listed

QUESTIONABLE
CB Joe Haden (Fibula)

Pats

OUT
DL Alan Branch (Knee)

DOUBTFUL
No players listed

QUESTIONABLE
DL Trey Flowers (Rib)
LB David Harris (Ankle)
DL Eric Lee (Ankle)
LB Kyle Van Noy (Calf)
DL Deatrich Wise Jr. (Foot)

Of course Belichick could qualify for creative writing awards with his injury reports over the years

SteelMayhem72
12-16-2017, 10:19 AM

STEELERS

OUT

DOUBTFUL
No players listed

QUESTIONABLE
CB Joe Haden (Fibula)

Pats

OUT
DL Alan Branch (Knee)

DOUBTFUL
No players listed

QUESTIONABLE
DL Trey Flowers (Rib)
LB David Harris (Ankle)
DL Eric Lee (Ankle)
LB Kyle Van Noy (Calf)
DL Deatrich Wise Jr. (Foot)All of those questionable for the Patriots will play, guaranteed! Bellicheck is a master at deception and will lull you in a sense of confidence. That has always been the element of his coaching

teegre
12-17-2017, 06:55 AM
Of course Belichick could qualify for creative writing awards with his injury reports over the years

About 20 years ago, the NFL fined Mike Shannahan for not correctly listing a player as injured.

The following week, Shannahan listed his entire team as doubtful. :lol:

AtlantaDan
12-17-2017, 07:24 AM
Typical Pats fan smugness from Dan Shaughnessy of The Boston Globe - but as the saying goes, "it ain't bragging if it's true" (at least as of this morning)

The Steelers can talk a big game, but they're not going to win it

Beating the Steelers is always more fun than beating the Falcons, Seahawks, Eagles, Panthers or Rams. It’s almost as much fun as beating the Jets. Part of it is because of the abject insecurity of Steelers fans. Pittsburgh is a terrific NFL city and Heinz Field is one of the league’s great venues. The Steelers have won more Super Bowls than any franchise. Western Pennsylvania football fans are knowledgeable, tough, and bleed black and gold.

All that said, those folks are wildly insecure when it comes to the Patriots. They’re still crying about Deflategate and Spygate. And let’s not forget the 2015 September matchup in Foxborough when Tomlin and the Steelers accused the Patriots of cheating by putting the voice of Scott Zolak into Pittsburgh’s headsets during the first quarter....

The Steelers are different from the Patriots.

But deep down, we all know the Steelers can’t beat them.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2017/12/14/the-steelers-can-talk-big-game-but-they-not-going-win/JkJetmuYEDiDb1BP3vPj5J/story.html#comments

BlackAndGold
12-17-2017, 07:30 AM
Typical Pats fan smugness from Dan Shaughnessy of The Boston Globe - but as the saying goes, "it ain't bragging if it's true" (at least as of this morning)

Beating the Steelers is always more fun than beating the Falcons, Seahawks, Eagles, Panthers or Rams. It’s almost as much fun as beating the Jets. Part of it is because of the abject insecurity of Steelers fans. Pittsburgh is a terrific NFL city and Heinz Field is one of the league’s great venues. The Steelers have won more Super Bowls than any franchise. Western Pennsylvania football fans are knowledgeable, tough, and bleed black and gold.

All that said, those folks are wildly insecure when it comes to the Patriots. They’re still crying about Deflategate and Spygate. And let’s not forget the 2015 September matchup in Foxborough when Tomlin and the Steelers accused the Patriots of cheating by putting the voice of Scott Zolak into Pittsburgh’s headsets during the first quarter....

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2017/12/14/the-steelers-can-talk-big-game-but-they-not-going-win/JkJetmuYEDiDb1BP3vPj5J/story.html#comments

This is why I hate Boston sports(Pats, Celtics, Bruins, Red Sox), their fans/media are awful.

I truly hope they win today.

GBMelBlount
12-17-2017, 07:33 AM
Due to the high influx of visitors this weekend, local weather channels used an extra index in their forecast....:party:

http://i.imgur.com/WvBnxf8.jpg

AtlantaDan
12-17-2017, 01:32 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4qzPbcFiA

Born2Steel
12-17-2017, 01:43 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4qzPbcFiA

Kenny Britt will play. Britt has not lived up to his billing, but he is still big, fast, and can catch a football. Hogan out is good news, still have to cover Cooks, Britt, Gronk, and Lewis. Should be a good test for our secondary. Front 7 needs to get quick pressure on Brady. I don't see them stopping our offense consistently.

st33lersguy
12-17-2017, 01:45 PM

And Boston Sports fans wonder why everyone else hates them (hint: It's not because we're "ZOMG JELLUS HATERZZZZ!!!!)

Hawkman
12-17-2017, 01:46 PM
All of those questionable for the Patriots will play, guaranteed! Bellicheck is a master at deception and will lull you in a sense of confidence. That has always been the element of his coaching

Well......Hogan, King, and Van Noy are out.

Hawkman
12-17-2017, 02:08 PM
Damn, Haden inactive. But JuJu active.

43Hitman
12-17-2017, 02:09 PM
Steelers Inactives
No. 5 QB Joshua Dobbs
No. 11 WR Justin Hunter
No. 21 CB Joe Haden
No. 27 S J.J. Wilcox
No. 71 OT Matt Feiler
No. 89 TE Vance McDonald
No. 93 DT Daniel McCullers

Patriots Inactives
No. 15 WR Chris Hogan
No. 35 RB Mike Gillislee
No. 36 DB Brandon King
No. 53 LB Kyle Van Noy
No. 74 OL Cole Croston
No. 92 DL Geneo Grissom
No. 97 DL Alan Branch

st33lersguy
12-17-2017, 02:15 PM
Looks like the offense will have to surpass 40 just to have any sort of chance today.

Dissolv
12-17-2017, 02:49 PM
mid 30's for a decent chance, to be sure.

DesertSteel
12-17-2017, 02:54 PM
Both teams are down some good players. It's a game of attrition. If the Pats win it's because they're better. No excuses.

43Hitman
12-17-2017, 02:56 PM
Both teams are down some good players. It's a game of attrition. If the Pats win it's because they're better. No excuses.

I agree. May the best team win. Hopefully the Pittsburgh area suicide hotline is quiet today.

EzraTank
12-17-2017, 06:24 PM
Fixed game. James broke the plane.

BlackAndGold
12-17-2017, 06:26 PM
Played their best and couldn't beat them even if it was BS.

Just wasn't meant to happen.

Method28
12-17-2017, 06:30 PM
What a cheap call. Crap like that makes me really hate the direction the game is going. Thats a freaking catch. Unbelievable.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Mojouw
12-17-2017, 06:31 PM
What a cheap call. Crap like that makes me really hate the direction the game is going. Thats a freaking catch. Unbelievable.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Unfortunately that hasn’t been a catch in the end zone in the NFL for two years. It is a nonsensical rule.

DesertSteel
12-17-2017, 06:31 PM
I agree. May the best team win. Hopefully the Pittsburgh area suicide hotline is quiet today.
They're calling in extra staff right now to handle the call volume!!

j-d-s
12-17-2017, 06:37 PM
What on God's Green Earth was Ben thinking, throwing that pass on the fake spike into Triple (or Quadruple?) coverage?

Also a big letdown by the defense on the last possession of the Cheats, why didn't they double Gronk? And on the two-point conversion everyone could see the pass to Gronk coming, yet they put only one CB at him... no chance from the start.

BlackAndGold
12-17-2017, 06:39 PM
The defensive playcalling at the end was marvelous. Went right back to zone coverage with Hilton blitzing and left Gronk wide open in the middle of the field, just an amazing play call.

Bravo Keith Butler.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-17-2017, 06:54 PM
My concern is AB. Hit looked like it could be damage to fibula. I hope not.

Shoes
12-17-2017, 06:56 PM
My concern is AB. Hit looked like it could be damage to fibula. I hope not.

Brown suffered a partially torn calf muscle. Should be back for the post

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/12/report-steelers-wr-antonio-brown-suffered-partially-torn-calf-muscle/

pczach
12-17-2017, 06:57 PM
Unfortunately that hasn’t been a catch in the end zone in the NFL for two years. It is a nonsensical rule.

You need to watch the highlights and see the bullshit touchdown they gave to the Panthers in the back of the end zone.

Hawkman
12-17-2017, 07:02 PM
Brown suffered a partially torn calf muscle. Should be back for the post

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/12/report-steelers-wr-antonio-brown-suffered-partially-torn-calf-muscle/

Hopefully we can win out and get a by.....give him a little more rehab.

Mojouw
12-17-2017, 07:02 PM
You need to watch the highlights and see the bullshit touchdown they gave to the Panthers in the back of the end zone.

I’ll try and fInd it. My point is that end zone reviews are all over the map and no one really knows what’s what anymore.

st33lersguy
12-17-2017, 07:08 PM
Dear rest of the NFL

If you plan on gift-wrapping the Pats another Super Bowl, just hand them the Lombardi trophy now and cancel the rest of the season.

pczach
12-17-2017, 07:20 PM
I’ll try and fInd it. My point is that end zone reviews are all over the map and no one really knows what’s what anymore.

That wasn't a shot at you. I just want you to see a guy in the back of the endzone bobble the ball and come down on his ass and back out of bounds and be given a touchdown. The NFL will need to explain that one to me.

BlackAndGold
12-17-2017, 07:21 PM
Need the Bills to pull an upset next week against the Pats. They have something to play for also.

st33lersguy
12-17-2017, 07:29 PM
Dear rest of the NFL

If you plan on gift-wrapping the Pats another Super Bowl, just hand them the Lombardi trophy now and cancel the rest of the season.

Would be especially nice considering this entire NFL season has been just plain awful and predictable in general

Mojouw
12-17-2017, 07:33 PM
That wasn't a shot at you. I just want you to see a guy in the back of the endzone bobble the ball and come down on his ass and back out of bounds and be given a touchdown. The NFL will need to explain that one to me.
No worries. I went and watched it and there is ONE ANGLE for like a split second where the guy got one blade of grass between one buttcheek and the chalk.

When end you go frame by frame on this stuff, you can always find something. Both class were highly suspect and arguments can be made for all sides.

The league has to. Has to get some consistency and clarity on the end zone catch rule. Why is it harder to complete a pass than it is to break the plane as a runner

pczach
12-17-2017, 07:38 PM
No worries. I went and watched it and there is ONE ANGLE for like a split second where the guy got one blade of grass between one buttcheek and the chalk.

When end you go frame by frame on this stuff, you can always find something. Both class were highly suspect and arguments can be made for all sides.

The league has to. Has to get some consistency and clarity on the end zone catch rule. Why is it harder to complete a pass than it is to break the plane as a runner

And.....the call was reversed. It was called incomplete on the field. I can't see how that call is reversed. Even the Panther players were saying not to challenge it....and it gets reversed.

Mojouw
12-17-2017, 07:40 PM
And.....the call was reversed. It was called incomplete on the field. I can't see how that call is reversed. Even the Panther players were saying not to challenge it....and it gets reversed.
I know, it’s just getting goofy. No one understands the rules. To be fair, the are nonsense. I’ll post this here too.

https://deadspin.com/why-wasnt-sterling-shepards-catch-ruled-a-catch-1818735685

fansince'76
12-17-2017, 07:42 PM
Need the Bills to pull an upset next week against the Pats. They have something to play for also.

If Foxboro? The Bills are going to get rolled like they always do against that team. We're playing for the 2 seed now. :mad2:

BlackAndGold
12-17-2017, 07:47 PM
If Foxboro? The Bills are going to get rolled like they always do against that team. We're playing for the 2 seed now. :mad2:

That's very likely. Just holding out for some hope.

2 seed which makes it likely we face the Jaguars, and AB may not be 100%.

Fire Goodell
12-17-2017, 07:49 PM
Just win out and stay healthy. If I was told we'd have the#2 seed at the beginning of this season I'd take it gladly. If there's a silver lining from this game, we proved we could hang with the patriots. They are NOT better than us and next time will be a different outcome

pczach
12-17-2017, 07:57 PM
Just win out and stay healthy. If I was told we'd have the#2 seed at the beginning of this season I'd take it gladly. If there's a silver lining from this game, we proved we could hang with the patriots. They are NOT better than us and next time will be a different outcome

I would certainly like our chances even better if Haden, Gilbert, AB, McDonald, and everyone else are all available.

DesertSteel
12-17-2017, 07:58 PM
That's very likely. Just holding out for some hope.

2 seed which makes it likely we face the Jaguars, and AB may not be 100%.
If Ben doesn't throw 5 picks I think they'll be OK.

BlackAndGold
12-17-2017, 08:01 PM
If Ben doesn't throw 5 picks I think they'll be OK.

I agree, It's still a tough team to play.

DesertSteel
12-17-2017, 08:11 PM
I agree, It's still a tough team to play.
I think Bortles will reveal his true self. Not to overlook them.