PDA

View Full Version : If there was an Expansion Draft tomorrow...

DesertSteel
12-11-2017, 10:18 AM
If there was an Expansion Draft tomorrow, which 5 players on this roster would you make available?

Mine...

Hunter WR
Sensabaugh CB
McCullers DT
Wilcox S
Flip a coin - DHB, Rogers WRs

86WARD
12-12-2017, 03:43 PM
I wouldn’t make DHB or Rogers available. I’d put Touissant in that last spot.

DesertSteel
12-12-2017, 03:55 PM
Yeah I forgot about Touissant. I agree.

steelreserve
12-12-2017, 04:22 PM
Good list, but instead of Wilcox I would put Landry Jones. Somehow we have to find a way to move on from that dingbat.

DesertSteel
12-12-2017, 04:59 PM
Good list, but instead of Wilcox I would put Landry Jones. Somehow we have to find a way to move on from that dingbat.
I suppose for 2018 Dobbs might be ready. But I would rather see Jones out there against the Texans or Browns than Dobbs, if the case calls for it.

steelreserve
12-12-2017, 05:50 PM
I suppose for 2018 Dobbs might be ready. But I would rather see Jones out there against the Texans or Browns than Dobbs, if the case calls for it.

It's one of those things where as long as Jones is on the roster, we aren't going to seriously try to find another quarterback, just dick around with low draft choices and veteran-minimum players who get injured in their sleep. So we need to get him off the roster so that we can move the process along. Same thing happened with Willie Parker. I don't know why we get "stuck" on certain players this way, who have obvious problems and hang around long after they're useful, but we usually tend to have at least one.

Mojouw
12-12-2017, 06:04 PM
Apparently we should dangle Bud Dupree out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

43Hitman
12-12-2017, 06:40 PM
Are there any set parameters for this expansion draft? Like you can't submit a player who is a 10 year vet or the drafting team has to acquire the existing contract. That would change your strategy significantly.

With no set parameters I would add Mike Mitchell