PDA

View Full Version : Chris Boswell has been named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week

polamalubeast
12-06-2017, 08:42 AM

Hawkman
12-06-2017, 08:45 AM
The guy is money when there’s no time on the clock. Thought we were going to get the commentators curse when they said Boswell had never missed against the Bungles.

st33lersguy
12-06-2017, 09:28 AM
Waiting for him to be "randomly" drug tested this week

AtlantaDan
12-06-2017, 10:36 AM
Add this to the long list of examples of what a filthy team the Bengals are

The Steelers' Chris Boswell believes the Cincinnati Bengals intentionally attempted to injure him just prior to him kicking the winning field goal.

“You're not jumping offsides that bad without trying to run into the kicker,” Boswell said Wednesday morning, in reference to Cincinnati's Josh Shaw running off the end well before the snap with 4 seconds to play in a tie game and the Steelers in position to attempt a winning 43-yard field goal.

The chaotic moments as Shaw ran unabated toward Boswell and holder Jordan Berry led to Boswell nearly injuring his kicking foot when he swung through on the try even with Shaw's body at the ball at the time of the kick. Berry held onto the ball because he saw Shaw approaching; Boswell said he was too focused on the kick to notice Shaw.

Boswell said his foot “stung” but that it didn't hurt enough for it to affect the true attempt, which came from five yards closer after the offsides penalty was assessed.
But what if Boswell's had been injured enough — even momentarily — that he needed medical attention?

“We can't kick that field goal at the end,” Boswell said, “and (the Bengals) got what they want.”

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/13039747-74/steelers-kicker-chris-boswell-believes-bengals-intended-to-injure-him

I will miss Marvin Lewis being such an easy mark for Tomlin and the Steelers when he finally is let go after this season, but have no doubt this sort of crap is enabled by Lewis

SteelMember
12-06-2017, 10:36 AM
"The toe of Boswell" has been good.

That little follow through into dude's shin at the end of the last one had me a bit worried about injury, but no problems surfaced.

3... 2... 1... Win.

SteelerFanInStl
12-06-2017, 10:50 AM
Add this to the long list of examples of what a filthy team the Bengals are

The Steelers' Chris Boswell believes the Cincinnati Bengals intentionally attempted to injure him just prior to him kicking the winning field goal.

“You're not jumping offsides that bad without trying to run into the kicker,” Boswell said Wednesday morning, in reference to Cincinnati's Josh Shaw running off the end well before the snap with 4 seconds to play in a tie game and the Steelers in position to attempt a winning 43-yard field goal.

The chaotic moments as Shaw ran unabated toward Boswell and holder Jordan Berry led to Boswell nearly injuring his kicking foot when he swung through on the try even with Shaw's body at the ball at the time of the kick. Berry held onto the ball because he saw Shaw approaching; Boswell said he was too focused on the kick to notice Shaw.

Boswell said his foot “stung” but that it didn't hurt enough for it to affect the true attempt, which came from five yards closer after the offsides penalty was assessed.
But what if Boswell's had been injured enough — even momentarily — that he needed medical attention?

“We can't kick that field goal at the end,” Boswell said, “and (the Bengals) got what they want.”

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/13039747-74/steelers-kicker-chris-boswell-believes-bengals-intended-to-injure-him

I will miss Marvin Lewis being such an easy mark for Tomlin and the Steelers when he finally is let go after this season, but have no doubt this sort of crap is enabled by Lewis

Yep, saw that. It seemed pretty obvious that he jumped on purpose.

tube517
12-06-2017, 11:12 AM

SteelMember
12-06-2017, 11:22 AM
Yup. Guys totally kicking at the ball from the other direction...

st33lersguy
12-06-2017, 11:24 AM
The Bengals should focus more energy on winning and less energy on intentionally injuring other players

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-06-2017, 11:37 AM
The Bengals should focus more energy on winning and less energy on intentionally injuring other players

"Karma................Karma!"

SteelMember
12-06-2017, 11:53 AM
"Karma................Karma!"

DA STEALERS ARE DA DIRTYEST TEAM ARUND. DEY JUST DONT LIKE OTHR TUFF PLAYRS!!!!

SteelerFanInStl
12-06-2017, 12:07 PM
DA STEALERS ARE DA DIRTYEST TEAM ARUND. DEY JUST DONT LIKE OTHR TUFF PLAYRS!!!!

Pretty much all that I've heard from POS Bengal fans all week.

ALLD
12-06-2017, 01:54 PM
Losers make all the excuses.

BlackAndGold
12-06-2017, 07:35 PM
Lock the guy up long term. One of the better kickers in the league.

Craic
12-06-2017, 07:45 PM
Yep, saw that. It seemed pretty obvious that he jumped on purpose.

No, I don't think it's obvious that he purposefully jumped with the intent to injure Boswell. It is, however, very obvious that once he was there, the decision was made to interfere with the kicking leg by swinging his own leg into the path. That, that is not getting any attention is stupid.

SteelerFanInStl
12-06-2017, 08:16 PM
No, I don't think it's obvious that he purposefully jumped with the intent to injure Boswell. It is, however, very obvious that once he was there, the decision was made to interfere with the kicking leg by swinging his own leg into the path. That, that is not getting any attention is stupid.

Where did I say that? I said that it was obvious that he jumped on purpose. I didn't say a thing about intent to injure. He jumped way early so that's why it looked obvious to me that he did that on purpose.